GGT 283 really enjoys dpg games

I'm saving myself for melonie mac doe

Melonie Mac is totally the kind of girl I could marry and be happy with the rest of my life.

Too bad I'm not the kind of guy she would totally marry and be happy with the rest of her life.

I need to know how Crotch feels about these eyebrows and how they don't match the hair.

BYfgnrRCcAAMBM6.jpg
BYfgYxrCIAAByko.jpg
BYbsUwnCEAAnWIz.jpg

Congratulations! You've won a raffle!

Received: Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 12:19am
Forward

Congratulations! You have won this raffle:

GOTD: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)
Nice! Shame the 3DS version doesn't have online though, that's still easily one of my favorite Wii U games!

Yes please, indeed!

Nice! Shame the 3DS version doesn't have online though, that's still easily one of my favorite Wii U games!
Yeah, I like the WiiU version as well. Tried the demo on 3DS, but didn't like the smaller screen and controls. Hopefully MH4 will feel better for me on a handheld since it's designed for the 3DS instead of being a console port.

Yeah, I like the WiiU version as well. Tried the demo on 3DS, but didn't like the smaller screen and controls. Hopefully MH4 will feel better for me on a handheld since it's designed for the 3DS instead of being a console port.
If MH4 has online if/when it comes to America I'll probably end up picking it up, might have to get that additional circle pad thing too. I love MH, Tri was so much fun, but a lot of that was having at least one friend to go hardcore and play that game with, single player monster hunter is just alright, like I finished Tri's single player but it was a fraction of the content you get if you play online with others.

dude someone should the fuck does capcom do with their IP's that they don't use them anymore? The last ghosts game was on the fucking SNES the psp one was just a remake of the first one
Well there were the Maximo games on PS2 which were basiclaly Ghost n Goblins games (the first of which I enjoyed a fair amount, never played the second I don't think).

Last edited by a moderator:
Same, it wasn't as fun on the 3DS for me either, and while I am looking forward to MH4 on it I do hope they can improve upon it for the system!

If MH4 has online if/when it comes to America I'll probably end up picking it up, might have to get that additional circle pad thing too. I love MH, Tri was so much fun, but a lot of that was having at least one friend to go hardcore and play that game with, single player monster hunter is just alright, like I finished Tri's single player but it was a fraction of the content you get if you play online with others.
MH4 in the US better have online! If not I probably won't pick it up for a while since as you said there is just so much less content/less fun by yourself usually.

Yeah I'll just go see it without 3d

I had no idea the guy who played adabesi in oz was in this movie. He kinda spoiled what happened to him in an interview I was listening to but whatevs

Yeah I'll just go see it without 3d

I had no idea the guy who played adabesi in oz was in this movie. He kinda spoiled what happened to him in an interview I was listening to but whatevs
I like 3D, but now that my new TV doesn't have it anymore and $5 Tuesdays don't count for 3D I'll be seeing a lot less of it :(

I don't understand why you think people should have criticized the lack of innovation back in 2006. COD4 was innovative within the console FPS genre at the time. A lot of the criticisms I've seen of Ghosts seem to stem from the fact that it feels phoned in, and lacking compared to other COD games relative to their predecessors (which were already starting to see a decline in praise over the last few entries).

Even the campaign sounds like it treads old ground from MW2. Plus, the first few times the COD campaigns pulled some tricks involving player/character death, stealth missions, sniper missions, etc, it was exciting and fresh. When they've tried to pull the same tricks over and over again, it becomes boring. It's not hard to see why the faults are showing up in reviews now. When there's a lot of good things to talk about in a game people find fun, the faults become miniscule in comparison. When a game isn't so fun, the faults bubble to the surface as people try to understand why they aren't enjoying a series that they used to enjoy. The reviews out there seem to reflect that a growing portion of people are getting tired of the same old tricks. What was new and entertaining in 2006 is the status quo in 2013.
That's exactly what I mean, though. It's not because the game is any worse than it's always been, it's because people are apparently tired by the fact that it doesn't change. "Tired" of "treading old ground." But how is that a bad thing if that ground has always been considered worth standing on? Now the ground is suddenly considered antiquated? Even if we concede that Ghosts is marginally less impressive than a previous CoD, the difference is undeniably small. It's essentially everything people raved about when CoD4 released. But because nothing has changed since then, it's not fun anymore? Such a deceptive way to talk about games, you know? "Oh that shit was really well designed until, well, I got bored of it." No one thinks that hey, maybe you overrated it in the first place?

See, I don't care whether people are saying good or bad things about this franchise, but I wish they'd be consistent. I guess some people really just enjoy the novelty of innovation regardless of whether it's done right, and then they trade their opinions for new ones when those gimmicks begin to bore them. Just admit to that shit and I'd be happy to read your 5/10 reviews for a near identical product you rated a 9.5/10 2 years prior (see Destructoid). Just say that you buy into trends, and that you'll ditch them as soon as it becomes cool to call them rehashed. None of that directed at you, obviously.

Twist: Activision stopped giving them money, so they all stopped giving them the better scores.

Whoa whoa whoa, it tells everybody if somebody likes a post now?

That used to be my secret way of telling people that I liked it when they said something funny about Whoknows or funny to Whoknows about him.

Now he's going to know.

That used to be my secret way of telling people that I liked it when they said something funny about Whoknows or funny to Whoknows about him.

Now he's going to know.
I know now everyone but you and lux will feel bad when they've seen I've only liked your posts.

Just got my copy of Cod Ghosts for PS4 from gamefly today, yayy..

Itshappening.gif
The rare occurrence you didn't buy a game illegally through game sharing.

That's exactly what I mean, though. It's not because the game is any worse than it's always been, it's because people are apparently tired by the fact that it doesn't change. "Tired" of "treading old ground." But how is that a bad thing if that ground has always been considered worth standing on? Now the ground is suddenly considered antiquated? Even if we concede that Ghosts is marginally less impressive than a previous CoD, the difference is undeniably small. It's essentially everything people raved about when CoD4 released. But because nothing has changed since then, it's not fun anymore? Such a deceptive way to talk about games, you know? "Oh that shit was really well designed until, well, I got bored of it." No one thinks that hey, maybe you overrated it in the first place?

See, I don't care whether people are saying good or bad things about this franchise, but I wish they'd be consistent. I guess some people really just enjoy the novelty of innovation regardless of whether it's done right, and then they trade their opinions for new ones when those gimmicks begin to bore them. Just admit to that shit and I'd be happy to read your 5/10 reviews for a near identical product you rated a 9.5/10 2 years prior (see Destructoid). Just say that you buy into trends, and that you'll ditch them as soon as it becomes cool to call them rehashed. None of that directed at you, obviously.
I don't agree with the idea that just because they are doing the same thing, that makes it equally good/bad to the old thing. If you tell a good joke multiple times, it's not gonna be as funny as it was the first time. That doesn't mean the joke isn't funny. It just means it's not funny when you've already heard it.

For a game series, it's the same idea. An experience that was once fun can become boring when it stops offering new ideas. That doesn't mean that reviewers are jumping on a trend. It just means they aren't enjoying being told the same joke for the tenth time, no matter how well designed it was.

I think a lot of successful comedians bank on a certain style/delivery and keep it that way. You know what to expect when you go to see them, and people still enjoy them. Hell, I rewatch stand ups I've pretty much memorized. But as for repeating literal jokes with the same punchline, yeah, that's just not how comedy works, and even CoD isn't literally the same game each iteration. Hardly.

I think the CoD hate is more like enjoying a certain comedian for a number of years and then when you're not 12 years old anymore, his shtick is suddenly less funny. Just admit you were a dumbass kid, all I'm saying.

Now he's going to know.
It always did say that when you were signed out, but now it has it even if you are signed in!

I think a lot of successful comedians bank on a certain style/delivery and keep it that way. You know what to expect when you go to see them, and people still enjoy them. Hell, I rewatch stand ups I've pretty much memorized. But as for repeating literal jokes with the same punchline, yeah, that's just not how comedy works, and even CoD isn't literally the same game each iteration. Hardly.

I think the CoD hate is more like enjoying a certain comedian for a number of years and then when you're not 12 years old anymore, his shtick is suddenly less funny. Just admit you were a dumbass kid, all I'm saying.
To go with your spin on the comedian analogy. I see the COD series as having a certain style/delivery, but having new jokes to bring to the act each time. The way the reviews for Ghosts sound, it seems content with telling the same jokes it already told. It's not that we aren't twelve anymore. The shtick is still good, it just needs new material.

Is this directed to Dane Cook and his fans?

If we wanna talk about growing up and realizing a shtick was cheesy to begin with, Mass Effect is a prime example.

I would say Heavy Rain, but I think a lot of people knew that was cheesy when it came out.

The shtick is still good, it just needs new material.
Which is fair to ask for and something that Ghosts answered for in spades, IMO. It's just gotten to the point where fatigue over the franchise's ignored problems are now outweighing whatever was enjoyable about them to begin with. And I think that's an unfair way to go about giving a game such drastically lower ratings. It adjusted itself plenty, arguably has the best MP modes of the series. Calling it the same thing and criticizing it on that basis is merely a way to escape responsibility for the high praise given to previous entries.

If we wanna talk about growing up and realizing a shtick was cheesy to begin with, Mass Effect is a prime example.
Totally. Can't believe ME and the likes of The Witcher were ever worshiped for their mature dialogue branches, especially the much touted romances. Shit was pure cringe.

bread's done
Back