Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-14, Klonoa, No More Heroes 1&2, Godfather $4.99

Wii Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#271 Querjek

Querjek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

This thread made me a Wii game hoarder.

Me too! It's a great feeling.

Thirty Seven

#272 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Me too! It's a great feeling.

I already was but it's great that this thread has enlightened a lot of people regarding the Wii's vastly underrated library. Lots if hidden gems that most easily overlook.

:hot: Earn free Amazon Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#273 botticus

botticus

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

uuuuuuuuuggggh why are all these games in wooster  :wall:

Because it's 60 miles from any population center!  Chocobo's Dungeon :(

#274 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:56 PM

OP..big thanks to keeping this updated. I went in and grabbed a complete copy of Battalion Wars for 2.69 and guess what is sitting on the bottom shelf...complete copy of Xenoblade!! I had a $20 coupon for PUR points and grabbed it.

I'm looking forward to another B2G1 for some of these titles. So many I missed on the Wii.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#275 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

Yeah thanks OP. You have done us a great service.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#276 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

Happy to keep it updated, wishing I would of paid more attention to the Cube when it was being diminished from the local stores (before the 75% off madness), making sure that doesn't happen again.

Plus as others have said, too many good unique gems in its library that are certainly worth a fiver at the least, and I like highlighting those with the drops.

#277 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Happy to keep it updated, wishing I would of paid more attention to the Cube when it was being diminished from the local stores (before the 75% off madness), making sure that doesn't happen again.

Plus as others have said, too many good unique gems in its library that are certainly worth a fiver at the least, and I like highlighting those with the drops.

Agreed. I picked up a lot of these with b2g1 deals before the final drop but making sure I get them complete is worth it! Tons of GC games I wish I would have gotten sooner also.

xtreme_Zr2, on 04 Sept 2014 - 6:56 PM, said:
OP..big thanks to keeping this updated. I went in and grabbed a complete copy of Battalion Wars for 2.69 and guess what is sitting on the bottom shelf...complete copy of Xenoblade!! I had a $20 coupon for PUR points and grabbed it.

I'm looking forward to another B2G1 for some of these titles. So many I missed on the Wii.

Xenoblade was reprinted by Gamestop (obviously with Nintendo's cooperation). Still it's an excellent game and any RPG fans should absolutely own it (probably my favorite RPG on Wii/PS3/Xbox360).

I have noticed a lot of GS are sold out again and it's OOS on GS online site. My guess is with Xenoblade coming to the New 3DS Nintendo will be hesitant to reprint more copies for the Wii in the hopes it will help move New 3DS hardware and software both but with Nintendo you never know.

#278 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

I found a complete copy of Marble Saga at one of my local gamestops! Thanks OP. Happy to have this game again.

#279 Bluebossa4

Bluebossa4

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

This thread made me a Wii game hoarder.

Me too.  I'm pretty sure I'm at the point now where I'm buying games I'm never going to play lol.

Now Playing:

Wii U - Mario Kart 8; Pikmin 3     *     Wii - Skylanders Spyro's Adventure; DJ Hero 2     *     Nintendo 3DS - Resident Evil: Revelations     *     Nintendo DS - Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini Land Mayhem

I have some ACIV Target exclusive content codes (2 for PS3 and 3 for 360). PM me if you want one (for free, obviously).

#280 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Pumped to finally find a complete copy of Trauma Team. It's in pristine condition too.
Posted Image

#281 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hmm picked up NMH2 for $9.99 during the B2G1. Oh well.

Yea, I did as well. Still a very good deal and if you got it in good condition and complete then at least you got it and didn't risk someone else grabbing it at that price. I'm sure there will be more that drop that I've already bought but I'd rather grab them and pay a little extra and get them complete and in good condition if possible.

#282 786110

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Went to pick up Godfather, found a copy of Arc Rise Fantasia. Today was a good day.

#283 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Xenoblade was reprinted by Gamestop (obviously with Nintendo's cooperation). Still it's an excellent game and any RPG fans should absolutely own it (probably my favorite RPG on Wii/PS3/Xbox360).

I have noticed a lot of GS are sold out again and it's OOS on GS online site. My guess is with Xenoblade coming to the New 3DS Nintendo will be hesitant to reprint more copies for the Wii in the hopes it will help move New 3DS hardware and software both but with Nintendo you never know.

I have never seen a copy in the wild around here and it's still going for $70-$80 on Ebay, so I was beyond thrilled to find it. I mean, the hunt is half the fun right!? I need to finish Fire Emblem and then I'm going to sit down for this 100 hour journey. What is the best way to play it, with the classic controller or wiimore/nunchuk?

Picked up a copy of Flingsmash for 89 cents with PUR. Hilarious. It was in pristine condition so I hope the CN points aren't used. I just got the motion plus controller too so we'll see how it works. Now to find a second motion plus for the woman so we can play it together.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#284 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

What is the best way to play it, with the classic controller or wiimore/nunchuk?

Best way to play it is CC Pro all the way, the dual analog sticks help out immensely, and the Pro version spaces those further out compared to the standard CC.

#285 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

You Can't Stop Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:51 AM

lol I picked Klonoa months ago for $10... still haven't played it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742

Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing: :3ds: Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Zelda: Wind Waker HD

#286 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

lol I picked Klonoa months ago for $10... still haven't played it.

I bought it for $10 during Amazon's 2009 black Friday. Still haven't opened it.

#287 RoytheRobot

RoytheRobot

You Can't Stop Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

I bought it for $10 during Amazon's 2009 black Friday. Still haven't opened it.

lol, It might be better to just keep it sealed...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742

Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing: :3ds: Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Shovel Knight, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Zelda: Wind Waker HD

#288 shadowysea07

shadowysea07

running with cags and I'm on the prowl~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:46 AM

Went to pick up Godfather, found a copy of Arc Rise Fantasia. Today was a good day.

is so jelly

#289 speedy05

speedy05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

Glad I stumbled upon this thread...picked up complete copies of Guilty Party & Fishing Resort today.

#290 speedy05

speedy05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

#291 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

wii section at my gs is all common crap usually the shelf copy labeled new as well

690810.png

#292 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

Picked up a copy of Fishing Resort. Converted new stock. Still sealed.

#293 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 PM

Scanned the drops over the past two weeks, nothing really significant, though I did spot Sonic Colors dropping at $9.99 (not sure if this is new today or not).  Figure I'd mention for any future B2G1 offers. Keeping the thread title the same for now until the next big round of drops.

$9.99 

Sonic Colors

#294 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Finally got a complete copy of No More Heroes 2.

cagSig.png515886.png

#295 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Scanned the drops over the past two weeks, nothing really significant, though I did spot Sonic Colors dropping at $9.99 (not sure if this is new today or not).  Figure I'd mention for any future B2G1 offers. Keeping the thread title the same for now until the next big round of drops.

$9.99 

Sonic Colors

Just wanted to add I've been watching as well and they have been restocking some of the earlier drops including some of the harder to find Wii games off and on. Of course it's hit or miss ordering online whether it will be disc only, complete, or somewhere in between. I've had a fairly good track record including some of the harder to find ones being complete. If needed I can always return them in store. 

I've crossed the 100 title benchmark (all complete). Unfortunately, there are still a ton more I want to add as I find them :(

#296 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Just wanted to add I've been watching as well and they have been restocking some of the earlier drops including some of the harder to find Wii games off and on. Of course it's hit or miss ordering online whether it will be disc only, complete, or somewhere in between. I've had a fairly good track record including some of the harder to find ones being complete. If needed I can always return them in store.

I've crossed the 100 title benchmark (all complete). Unfortunately, there are still a ton more I want to add as I find them :(

I noticed this as well. Their stock going from ~600 to ~750 a couple days ago. Ordered Klonoa and FF Crystal Chronicles along with a few other cheap games to get to free shipping. Any idea if Zack and Wiki, Phantom Brave or Sakura Wars has been in stock? Haven't seen those in months.

#297 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 09:12 PM

I'm super tempted to buy a ton of these used games during the next B2G1 (or whenever they go B1G1 50OFF) and then buy a used Wii Mini just to play them like they were intended. I enjoyed HD versions of PS2 games on my PS3 but love playing them still on PS2 Slim.

#298 SpidrMnky

SpidrMnky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:35 AM

I noticed this as well. Their stock going from ~600 to ~750 a couple days ago. Ordered Klonoa and FF Crystal Chronicles along with a few other cheap games to get to free shipping. Any idea if Zack and Wiki, Phantom Brave or Sakura Wars has been in stock? Haven't seen those in months.

I believe Zack and Wiki was at one point, but can't remeber for sure. I've not seen the others though.

#299 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:54 AM

Anyone lucky to find a wii play motion with a motion plus controller in store? None available within 100 miles here in san diego. 

Currently playing:

:wii:
 : Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

:wiiu: : Mario Kart 8

:pc: : Fifa World Beta