Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

I remember when Romney was mocked by Obama for taking Putin seriously...

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

"try to defend" is an understatement and certainly a accurate way to describe it but do carry on.

#122 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

"try to defend" is an understatement and certainly a accurate way to describe it but do carry on.

Oh you still care? 

#123 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

Funny, I could say the same thing about you. 

Please, darling, I've been here five years longer than you.

Posted Image

#124 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

wait i always thought you were a guy.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#125 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

Please, darling, I've been here five years longer than you.

So you have been trolling for a long time. Good for you!

#126 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

I don't think this warrants a new thread but is important nonetheless. 

Congress and Senate Approve $1 Billion Aid to Ukraine.

Personally this is something I am completely against. We are in debt, we have our own problems and people who are in need. People like Rand Paul, Justin Amash and Alan Grayson (One of the few democrats I actually admire) voted against the aid package. Notable Tea Party Republicans Ted Cruz and Mike Lee voted in favor. I am a big fan of these senators but this seems one of those issues where libertarians and Tea Party republicans differ in opinion. 

I was hoping to hear from the fellows on the left and their reaction to the passing of this aid package. 

#127 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

I don't think this warrants a new thread but is important nonetheless. 

Congress and Senate Approve $1 Billion Aid to Ukraine.

Personally this is something I am completely against. We are in debt, we have our own problems and people who are in need. People like Rand Paul, Justin Amash and Alan Grayson (One of the few democrats I actually admire) voted against the aid package. Notable Tea Party Republicans Ted Cruz and Mike Lee voted in favor. I am a big fan of these senators but this seems one of those issues where libertarians and Tea Party republicans differ in opinion. 

I was hoping to hear from the fellows on the left and their reaction to the passing of this aid package. 

I am starting to think the left is ok with sending money to other nations even when the people here suffer. 

#128 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

I think the left , and most of the right these days, just think that deficits and debt are not that important. More trillions of "other people's money" will always be available in the minds of politicians.

#129 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

Well we could, you know, not do anything about it. We could do this weird thing called being a non-interventionist, and save lives and money. Oh wait, we can't do that! Sorry. I'll go back to supporting whatever ® or (D) the TV and "informed" people tell me to vote for. I mean, the ® and (D) system has worked so great since 1913. Everything is fantastic. Have one set of politics, blame the other guy. That's how it works. This forum alone does a fantastic job of just bashing people for their political beliefs. 

We live in a world where someone can be against our current president, then they are told they are racist. That person who called the other person racist because he doesn't believe and support the president, then goes on to call someone like Chris Christie fat (or some variation of fat jokes)...and then will be up in arms when the next "BULLYING" story occurs.

It's kind of fun to be checked out and watch the informed people argue with each other. 

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#130 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Wow, some serious divide and conquer going on here. Look over there, welfare fraud! Look over there, racism! You're lazy! You're racist!
And on it goes...

Also, the thing driven high rates of welfare is the destruction of the black family. It's also driving several other issues such as poverty and crime.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#131 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

Dat pointless necro bump

#132 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

You bring so much to the table. 

#133 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

I know I'm necroing this thread, but I thought I'd update you all on how Putin's Crimean invasion worked out for him:

http://www.msnbc.com...-the-last-laugh

Seven months after Ukraine’s former president Viktor F. Yanukovych rejected a sweeping trade deal with the European Union and set off protests that drove him from power, Ukraine’s new leader on Friday concluded the pact, which Russia has bitterly opposed as a threat to its own economic and strategic interests in the former Soviet Union. […]

The accord with the European Union fulfills an election promise by Mr. Poroshenko to move Ukraine closer to Europe, reversing a course set by Mr. Yanukovych before his ouster.
Putin’s quite the grand master chess player. It takes a rare talent to push potential allies away, while tarnishing your country’s reputation on the global stage and pushing your economy into a recession.

As Thomas Friedman recently put it, “Let’s add it up: Putin’s seizure of Crimea has weakened the Russian economy, led to China getting a bargain gas deal, revived NATO, spurred Europe to start ending its addiction to Russian gas and begun a debate across Europe about increasing defense spending. Nice work, Vladimir. That’s why I say the country Putin threatens most today is Russia.”

So while the right was cheerleading Putin and poking fun at Obama's mom jeans, Putin's actions led to Russia's economy being weakened, lost Ukraine as an ally for the remainder of our lifetimes, and China got a good deal on gas, all the while we didn't put a single troop in the line of fire.

There's a a difference between being a strong leader and being a bully. Putin chose the latter and paid the price, while Obama came away smelling like a rose.

I wonder what spin the conservative echo chamber will put on this stoyr, if they even cover it at all.

#134 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

Would the same outcome been accomplished without us sending (at least) $1 Billion in "aid"?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#135 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Seems to me like Obama is still wearing mom's jeans and the right actually talked about getting more involved in the Ukraine crisis. 

#136 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

End all foreign aid, bring every US soldier home, and do everything in our power to tap into our own oil and natural gas reserves to make us energy independent as soon as possible. Fuck a few spotted owls if it means we can stop wasting time, money, and human lives in the Middle East. I would sacrifice my weekly paddle boarding sessions in the bay if it meant we balanced our budget and stopped destabilizing foreign sovereign nations.;-)

#137 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

End all foreign aid, bring every US soldier home, and do everything in our power to tap into our own oil and natural gas reserves to make us energy independent as soon as possible. Fuck a few spotted owls if it means we can stop wasting time, money, and human lives in the Middle East. I would sacrifice my weekly paddle boarding sessions in the bay if it meant we balanced our budget and stopped destabilizing foreign sovereign nations.;-)

So basically, you want us to go back to almost complete and total isolationism. Look, I'm all for scaling back our military presence and spending, it's gotten ridiculous. You have to understand though that there's a balance to be struck. A complete callback of troops would essentially put us at preWW1 isolationism, and that worked well... Furthermore, that level of military scale back would have some nasty side effects such as unemployment. You would suddenly be adding thousands, likely hundreds of thousands even, back into the workforce because the government certainly wouldn't need to keep a standing army that large without any bases outside the US.

#138 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Did I just read a RvB post saying we can't downsize the military too much because of unemployment and saying that the US has a duty to be the World Police? What a wacky world we live in.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#139 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

Temporary unemployment versus the economic savings and hopeful relief from terrorist blow back would be worth it. We could take some of our saved money and rebuild infrastructure and promote industrial manufacturing in the US again. Plus I would feel better that my tax money wasn't being used to force our ways onto foreign people. Make other countries responsible for themselves. Would France and England rebuild their own militaries instead of everyone relying on us? We are the global bullies. End all foreign aid until we have a budget surplus again, especially to countries that treat women as second class citizens. Let our money speak for us and what we believe in.

#140 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

Guys cmon if we pull out now then what are we going to do with all money we are borrowing from China? 

#141 rebelschs

rebelschs

Necessary Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Guys cmon if we pull out now then what are we going to do with all money we are borrowing from China? 

Waste it on some massive welfare program.

The next one is going to be so good, it makes us all forget about Obamacare!

The South will rise again.