* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/16: Holiday Sale Wk 3 ($6 Terraria PS4/Vita, $3 Hotline Miami, $7.49 Child of Light, $8 Last Tinker, $9 Pier Solar)

#1231 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4642 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

played some Stick It to the Man last night (up to chapter 4 or 5).    Very charming, funny adventure game.   So far, really easy... but they're still introducing gameplay concepts so I'd say it's still in 'tutorial' mode.  Not as funny/charming as, say, absolute classics like Grim Fandango or the Monkey Islands, but definitely solidly written.

--------

still playing Sorcery Saga and enjoying it.  My character is a bit OP at this point so it's easy (easily solvable by switching weapons if I wanted to) but i'm still enjoying all the various upgrading mechanics.   I'm doing a lot of the plat equipment grinding 'as i go' (ie, making sure to leave a dungeon before I'm done if I'm full up on rare weapons and then just doing it again, which is why my current weaponry is OP.  

The dialog/plot is actually pretty funny.   Sort of a comedy version of something like the Atelier series... by that, I mean, it's friendly and non-serious but in the case of Sorcery Saga it's full of jokes and banter, usually hinging on massive misunderstandings between characters.  In doing so they escaped the pitfalls of most jrpg dialog. 

My only real complaint so far is that it's easy to 'break' the game with a bit of early grinding.   Once you can enter dungeons with a high level weapon and shield, it's (mostly) a cakewalk, though you still need to manage certain enemies (especially ones that can curse, morph, or steal your inventory).  But I can't complain, Im the one who grinded out those weapons (and still am) and I'm enjoying doing so.   Dungeon navigation is quick and easy so I don't feel like i'm slogging through it or anything.  

Definitely on the easier side if you have any level of rogue-like experience.   There may be difficultly spikes later, I'm not sure.  But I'm having fun with it, and it was definitely worth the sale price for me, so that's really all i care about.  

Hoping mindzero goes on sale soon....

-------

can't wait for son of scoregasm this week! 

#1232 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

I'm thinking the extra months promos are gone. And I've actually got a 360 but the only reason I haven't sold it is because the kids like to mess around with the kinect every once in awhile. I've also got around $30 in credit on there but don't have the desire to spend it on anything.

The reason I need it the most is because I only have like three PS3 games I haven't played in my library that aren't from PS+. That, Borderlands Cross-save, and my PS4 needs some damn games.

#1233 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Wow, that's heart breaking for Chile.

#1234 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

I agree. MMD just reminded me of Super Meat Boy, which was amazing when I played it on my 360 a few years ago.

I really enjoyed MMD but I don't think it stacks up to SMB.

Really wanted it to be Argentina that broke Brazil's heart but go Chile!

Ugh, an Argentina/Brazil final?  Please no!

Wow, that's heart breaking for Chile.

Yup, penalty kicks are awesome.  Definitely want Brazil to go out but not sure Chile deserved to win that game.  I really can't stand their physical and floppy style of play.

#1235 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Ha, that's about the last time I turned on mine.  Hmm, I wonder what could have happened around that time that would have caused us both to do that? ;)

That is about the same time for me too..may have been a month or two earlier, but yea, the announcements that month just sealed the deal. I knew I was going to go full sonytard next gen, so I pretty much just started that process much earlier.

#1236 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Banjo Kazooie bundle should be available for purchase soon.

I highly recommend you spend some of it on that.

Hmm... the kids might be interested but I played both of them on N64 and have no desire to revisit them. 

#1237 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

I spent the last few days mixing EDF 2025 in with my race for resonance of fate with profstotch and simmias (he's been done for a week now, lol). wow that game sure needs to be patched. Online is a mess, offline co op is too choppy and buggy, and single player is too hard unless you play easy. I put like 7 hours into it, maybe 5 actually playing and it was a mess. If it was $10 psn I would probly get it to co op with my girl, but we could barely do it off line co op. We had a load screen that was 2 minutes, 20 second cutscene, than another 1 min load. It even chunked up and took 5 mins to load once til we restarted game. It seems like this was a ps2 game from 2000. Reminds me of mindjack kinda, where there is a good game in there somewhere, but hard to get past technical issues. Reminds me of mercenaries/just cause/red faction with destructability. I really enjoyed the crazy weapons and classes too, but it is making me more frustrated and wasting my time, so back to gamefly it goes.

#1238 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

I really enjoyed MMD but I don't think it stacks up to SMB.

Ugh, an Argentina/Brazil final? Please no!

Yup, penalty kicks are awesome. Definitely want Brazil to go out but not sure Chile deserved to win that game. I really can't stand their physical and floppy style of play.

Not just the penalties but that they missed the winner in extra time by the same margin.

#1239 rpg  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Colombiana wins :D/

luis-suarez-bite-ivanovic.jpg

#1240 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4642 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

damn you direct tv, your auto-recording of World Cup games does not adapt itself to overtime.  normally dtv lets you easily set 'extend' times for any live event you set to record, but for the world cup there was a streamlined process to easily just tell it what games you want (to miss the end of).   bastards! 

-----

I am having a hard time not spending about  $15 on some steam games i'll never play.  i would have said $20 except it turns out i already owned one of the ones i want (and never played it).

i wish everything came to vita, dammit.

#1241 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

Ugh, an Argentina/Brazil final?  Please no!

Also Argentina winning it all is obviously not my first preference, nor is Brazil getting to the finals.  But if the Germans fall then Brazil getting beaten by it's biggest rivals at home would be so delicious.  If Messi couldn't surpass Maradona that way he never will.

I like Suarez, batshit crazy and all, but they had no chance without him.

#1242 CrazyDiamond84  

CrazyDiamond84

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Jabari Parker seems to be enjoying himself around Milwaukee. Apparently he's been spotted all around the city all week, enjoying the lake and the many other amazing things we have to offer. He even got to throw the first pitch at the brewers game today.
I love Wisconsin sports.

#1243 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Also Argentina winning it all is obviously not my first preference, nor is Brazil getting to the finals.  But if the Germans fall then Brazil getting beaten by it's biggest rivals at home would be so delicious.  If Messi couldn't surpass Maradona that way he never will.

I like Suarez, batshit crazy and all, but they had no chance without him.

I think Colombia dumps Brazil out of the World Cup.  Colombia/Germany/Netherlands/Argentina USA sounds like a great final 4 teams.

#1244 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30617 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

Just wrapped up Mirror's of Fate HD.  The combat and upgrade system is a little bland, but the level design is pretty decent.  Easy to recommend whenever a sale for it finally pops up.

Forgot to mention them because I was banned, but I also beat Castle of Illusioin and Flying Hamster HD a few weeks back.

Disney’s Castle of Illusion is really well done, it looks great and it was a lot of fun.  It was cool to to play the Genesis version after beating the new HD version to see what it was like.  I don’t really get why the game is called a remake though.  It’s really more of a reimagining of the original game.

I didn’t think the final boss was too bad, I beat her after about 4 tries.  I think I remember a few people posting that they had a lot of trouble with her.

Flying Hamster HD is alright.  Worth the 50 cents I paid for it.  I’m not good enough at shmups to one credit clear them so I just beat the game and picked up most the trophies.  Had issues with the 5-2 lose no HP trophy not unlocking.  I made it through the maze several times but maybe you have to make it even further or something.

#1245 Backlog_Overload   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5384 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Backlog_Overload

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Finished Liberation HD today. Gonna finally start up Nier as my next game.

#1246 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Valiant Hearts is pretty cool, nice mix of action and puzzles.

Transformers is meh but its an ok mindless shooter.

Sniper Elite 3 is real intense and stealthy, good game. X-ray bullet cams are even better in this one.

Blue Estate is an alright lightgun shooter, it controls pretty well with the ds4

And of course dat Resogun dlc is fun but that ship editor just made the game 1,000,0000 times better

#1247 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36990 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

After I place 1st in all of the Grand Prix cups, unlock the final character (Robotnik/Eggman), and get one or two other trophies I can obtain on my own, I think I'll be done with Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. I have far too many other games to play to waste time going nuts over completing events/races on Expert.

#1248 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4708 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Finished Liberation HD today. Gonna finally start up Nier as my next game.

Fuck yes, I love Nier.  It's definitely not for everyone, though.

#1249 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

Crimsonland is coming out on PS4 soon. Probably sometime in mid July. Its a classic top down twin stick shooter, I got it on steam and its real fun.

#1250 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Okay, I might be in the market for a vita so I need a little bit of vita insight here. 

I was thinking of just going new but the Borderlands bundle is sold out everywhere and ebay prices are through the roof.... when did that happen???  I know a few of you have gone with cowboom and awd... any suggestions? 

#1251 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Okay, I might be in the market for a vita so I need a little bit of vita insight here. 

I was thinking of just going new but the Borderlands bundle is sold out everywhere and ebay prices are through the roof.... when did that happen???  I know a few of you have gone with cowboom and awd... any suggestions? 

Last I checked, AWD was near/above retail price as well. Not sure about cowboom, never ordered there. I think the BL2 bundles are about done for and a stand alone Vita slim will happen soon.

But I've seen/heard Amazon randomly putting a few in stock at MSRP here and there, but nothings guaranteed. They could have just been late cancellations or returns.

Edit: Best Buy around here is sold out according to online, but there's a Gamestop about 80 miles away with one. Maybe try there or in-store somewhere?

#1252 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16707 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

I still see vita bundles at my local targets sometimes - not too many, maybe one here and one there. Might want to check there?

#1253 sjchmura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

sjchmura

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

When did people start buying vitas??? I love mine but thought it was kinda niche

#1254 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16707 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

also, some best buys put their oled vitas on clearance. you can check online by finding your store and hitting their clearance link. tru also had old bundles on clearance, but surely their gone now.

#1255 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68496 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

Jak & Daxter is no more after beating it for the Platinum. That's #10 for me. It still holds up quite well, though that camera is a bit rough to handle since it's more of a physical object following you that can easily get stuck/hung up in tight areas. Also, that dark eco patch of grass that you have to heal is easily the worst mission in the game due to it regrowing quicker than it should. The lack of loading screens is still an amazing technical feat with even the warps not having much of an obvious load time to get around.

#1256 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

I got my vita from cowboom around 1.5 years ago for around 100 bucks with no memory card. I think it was grade 6 and it was in really good condition and I have no complaints.

#1257 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

When did people start buying vitas??? I love mine but thought it was kinda niche

People are buying Vitas? Someone must have forgot to tell Sony.

#1258 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

Jabari Parker seems to be enjoying himself around Milwaukee. Apparently he's been spotted all around the city all week, enjoying the lake and the many other amazing things we have to offer. He even got to throw the first pitch at the brewers game today.
I love Wisconsin sports.

You mean eating cheese and drinking Milwaukee's Best since that's all the city has to offer. Gonna show up to the first game of the season at 350LB and get signed by the Packers.

#1259 Thermopyle  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

Having to work the occasional Saturday sucks, but its always dead and gives me some quality Vita time. Man, Killzone Mercenary is so good, despite the really shitty campaign save system.

What's wrong with it? I'm going to start on it in the next week or two. 

#1260 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

After I place 1st in all of the Grand Prix cups, unlock the final character (Robotnik/Eggman), and get one or two other trophies I can obtain on my own, I think I'll be done with Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. I have far too many other games to play to waste time going nuts over completing events/races on Expert.

It's one of those things that I plan to just sort of chip away at over months. There's nothing particularly hard about it, just time consuming.