Rogue Galaxy confimred for US release with improvements

Was there ever any doubt that this wouldn't make it to the US? It's a Level 5 RPG, it was a given. I can't wait, though.

Check out the interview video for an interview with one of the devs about the changes and an in-game look at the game.

bump, this game should be out this month! can't wait...i usually dont like rpg's and i hate zelda...but i loved DC2 and the customization :)

This looks to be one of the last great games for the PS2. Right now I'm trying to finish Dark Cloud 2. Once I do that I'll get this game.

I tried to play Dark Cloud 2 in anticipation for this game, but I just can't stand the main character. Every other sentence he says is about how great his adventure is or how he didnt know how great his adventure would be or something like that...it's just...annoying.

Also, it's too bad there's no support for widescreen progressive-scan displays

Is it really so fucking hard to add this? It makes a good game look great... you think SCEA would have had them throw it in there since they *are* publishing it.

This game sounds great, I'll get it since its unique.

Not surprised it got an 8.0. If it was "Square Enix presents Final Galaxy X", it would have gotten at least a 9. I'll be renting it, but that's just because I never buy games anymore. I've had my eye on this game for at least 6 months.

I'm happy it's not widescreen. I've played enough forced widescreen 360 games, I'm sick of that shit, especially in an RPG, where being able to read the text is crucial.

Gamestop should have this in tomorrow, got my call tonight. I know its from last-gen, but still I'm really excited for this particular release. Thanks for the vids and the review Shushi, now I'm really stoked.

Guess I'll go blow some stuff up in Crackdown to pass the time.

I'll definitely pick up Rogue Galaxy, might wait for a $5 drop, but that won't happen anytime soon. I'll probably pick it up in February.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I'll definitely pick up Rogue Galaxy, might wait for a $5 drop, but that won't happen anytime soon. I'll probably pick it up in February.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm probably going to wait for the inevitable $10 price drop in a few months (which seems to be common with all of these end of a systems life games) and snag it then.

It does look awesome though, just going by reviews it's easily better than about 90% of the shitty RPG's the PS2 gets.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']picked up a copy of this.. my ps3 will stop collecting dust.[/quote]Go figure, it will get some use now...by playing a PS2 game.

For those that have played it: Is it better than Dark Cloud 2? Does it have dungeons the way Dark Cloud 2 did? Because those were annoying.

[quote name='whoknows']For those that have played it: Is it better than Dark Cloud 2? Does it have dungeons the way Dark Cloud 2 did? Because those were annoying.[/QUOTE]

So far no, but Im only two hours in.

[quote name='whoknows']For those that have played it: Is it better than Dark Cloud 2? Does it have dungeons the way Dark Cloud 2 did? Because those were annoying.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little further than 3 hours in myself, and I think the story itself thus far is a bit better than DC2. The gameplay/combat mechanics are great though, and are keeping me interested.

I'd recommend the guide too, at 384 pages of double-jump goodness, it covers basically everything that you can do with all the creation systems in the game. I'm about ready to dive back in.

Certainly worth my 40 dollar credit. The game is beautiful, although the lack of widescreen is rough --it still looks excellent, even though I'm loosing screen real estate.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']
I'd recommend the guide too, at 384 pages of double-jump goodness, it covers basically everything that you can do with all the creation systems in the game.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me who made this guide - I might get the guide ASAP while I wait on a price drop on the game.

Dammit - I have this preordered at 2 places (EB and GR) and totally forgot it came out this week. Of course, neither place has bothered to call me about it :bomb:. Well, hopefully GR will get it and I can save my more valuable EB credit for something else. I might have to wait till Friday for GR. I think I'll move this to the top of my backlog though - I'm tired of getting games upon release and not playing them until they are on clearance for $10 :rofl:.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Anyone bump into a mimic yet? That thing killed me in like 3-5 hits! Be careful when you open chests...[/QUOTE]

Haha, Yeah quite a few on the jungle planet. I got wiped out in like 3 seconds from one, and then again figuring I didn't plan out how to attack. I actually did manage to kill it though after grabbing the fire gun for Jaster, just get my guys on "Go All Out", and had Jaster blast from range.

You get Hunter's Marks for each one you kill-- I don't know what they do as of yet, but they're probably worth it for sweet loots.

I love this game, every character plays differently. Thus far Zegram and Kisala are my two favorites.

Mimics get pretty easy once you get a
freeze shot
. You can just blast them once with that, attack like crazy for a while, then run away to charge up the shot, and repeat till they're dead.

Well, I haven't purchased a game since October, but it looks like that's gonna change tonight. Gameznflix has this game as "High Demand", meaning it could take a couple weeks for me to get a copy (how do they decide which customers get the first batch of copies?), so I'm just gonna go over to EB and trade in a couple low value games, and use my card in conjunction with that 10% coupon from the new GI. I figure I'll only have to pay $20 total.

Can anyone tell me how the fighting is? I am really hoping it's not like FFXII or Star Ocean.

I really don't want to buy another game to add to the backlog right now, but with comparisons to Secret of Mana, Kingdom Hearts, and Chrono Trigger being thrown around, and the $10 BB coupon, I might get this.

[quote name='Blitz']Can anyone tell me how the fighting is? I am really hoping it's not like FFXII or Star Ocean.[/QUOTE]

It's not like either of those. It's fast-paced, but does everything right not to make it too chaotic to follow: your companions "suggest" things they can do such as use healing items & special moves, which you can accept by tapping r1/l1. You can pause the action at any time by pressing triangle, and use special moves/items/etc from the menu. Healing items kick in immediately. If the character you're controlling happens to die, it automatically pauses to let you res him or switch to someone else.

I've heard some comparisons to KH2, but that does the game no justice at all imo. It's SOOO much better than that. There are random battles, but with no load times and no seperate battle screens, they are a joy and not a chore. I find myself wandering around trying to get into fights because they're so much fun.

The basic formula for RG is Dark Cloud 2 combined with a more traditional Japanese RPG - but like any Level-5 game, it's far more than the sum of its parts. Is it too early to call GOTY? ;)

[quote name='jer7583']I really don't want to buy another game to add to the backlog right now, but with comparisons to Secret of Mana, Kingdom Hearts, and Chrono Trigger being thrown around, and the $10 BB coupon, I might get this.[/QUOTE]

I thought the $10 off BB coupon was dead?

[quote name='argyle']It's not like either of those. It's fast-paced, but does everything right not to make it too chaotic to follow: your companions "suggest" things they can do such as use healing items & special moves, which you can accept by tapping r1/l1. You can pause the action at any time by pressing triangle, and use special moves/items/etc from the menu. Healing items kick in immediately. If the character you're controlling happens to die, it automatically pauses to let you res him or switch to someone else.

I've heard some comparisons to KH2, but that does the game no justice at all imo. It's SOOO much better than that. There are random battles, but with no load times and no seperate battle screens, they are a joy and not a chore. I find myself wandering around trying to get into fights because they're so much fun.

The basic formula for RG is Dark Cloud 2 combined with a more traditional Japanese RPG - but like any Level-5 game, it's far more than the sum of its parts. Is it too early to call GOTY? ;)[/QUOTE]

Damn that sounds kick ass! Thanks much.

Looks like I will be picking this one up.

bread's done
Back