Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5887 replies to this topic

#3151 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Another pic:

Posted Image

Also, a Hydro Dive bumblebee:

Posted Image

#3152 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

Also, a Hydro Dive bumblebee:

Posted Image

Seriously Hasbro, quit fucking with us already. Either release the hydro bumblebee and rodimus or announce the end of the line.

#3153 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Gah, beat me to it :D I like that we were just discussing this, and now a reissue might be coming out... for ~200 bucks... sigh.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#3154 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hmm, metallic gold vs. the yellow of the original, sweet looking box. Must have.

#3155 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Pre-orders up at BBTS for Predaking!

http://www.bigbadtoy...131&mode=retail

#3156 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

$179! :shock:

I wish I could, but I can't :[

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3157 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

$179! :shock:

I wish I could, but I can't :[

My thoughts exactly!

I can't bring myself to pay $180 and then leave it in the box, but I also can't bring myself to pay $180 and open it knowing it's a collectors item. My limit on TF toys is just about $60 or $70.

#3158 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

preordered! Thanks for the heads up. I'm not missing out on this guy again. By the time I got around to looking into the last reissue, it was over 250. The way I figure it, Perceptor was 30 bones in the US, and these guys are all about the same size as him, so if Hasbro reissued it here they would be 30 x 5 = 150 + tax, so ~190 shipped for an imported G1 gestalt reissue is justifiable to me.

I am going to cancel my seacons though. I just can't justify that price for a couple weapons/accessories and tentakil (since I have all the others). I'll just get a G1 tentakil on ebay or something if I decide I absolutely must have it.

Edited by Zmonkay, 15 July 2010 - 10:32 PM.

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#3159 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

Local Targets dropped Transformer toys to 50% off today.

Picked up Mindwipe and Mixmaster for $9.98 each.

Posted Image

#3160 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:11 AM

Local Target had the TF's at 30% and 50% off depending on the figure... they had a shit ton of Mudflaps, from all different lines.

What I did find when searching through the five or so areas of clearance, was the deluxe Ratchet for $8, and the Soundwave / Bumblebee two pack for $10. It was the last one of each, and this is probably the last time I'll see them at retail so I bought them.

They also had a Voyager Ratchet for $14... I stuck it back in the clearance and I'll go in a few days to see if it drops to under $10.

#3161 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

Mother Effer. $180 ? didn't we just talk about how expensive this damn thing was the last time it came out? 180 bucks is like my Transformers budget for like 3 years. The sad part is there really is a part of me that still wants it. Maybe I can treat it as a Bday present to myself.

Around how much did the first re-issue cost the last time it was out?

#3162 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:46 AM

Went ahead and preordered Predaking (couldn't resist it after all)... after seeing Ebay prices, realizing that Hasbro won't ever touch it to bring it out here, and wanting it as a kid (had almost all the other combiners except Menasor, Predaking, and the Seacons... cmon Stunticons, only you are left!!!) I preordered.

They don't charge your card until it ships, it's not shipping until 4th quarter sometime anyways so *plenty* of time to save money, and I'd rather lock in the preorder and change my mind then miss the opportunity.

Total with shipping was $200... but Fuck it, it's worth it. I'll just put $15 a week into a Predaking fund and make up the difference whenever it ships, so it won't hit me that hard.

Especially after I just bitched a few weeks ago that I'm sick of Hasbro giving us the same 2 gestalts over and over again, I think I'll go ahead and preorder the Seacons too.

Edited by animalspinners, 17 July 2010 - 05:25 AM.

#3163 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

Mother Effer. $180 ? didn't we just talk about how expensive this damn thing was the last time it came out? 180 bucks is like my Transformers budget for like 3 years. The sad part is there really is a part of me that still wants it. Maybe I can treat it as a Bday present to myself.

Around how much did the first re-issue cost the last time it was out?

I bought it from BBTS on 1/11/05 for $163.99, and they had gotten them in stock on 12/14/04, so there wasn't much time for demand related markup. I still have a bunch of their e-mails from the following months, but none of the ones that mention Predaking have a price listed, so I don't know how the price went up as their stock dwindled. The Wayback Machine shows their Japanese reissue page from August 2007 with a price of $259.99.

http://web.archive.o...0&category=1059

IIRC, dealers at Otakon 2005 (August) wanted around $200 for them.

#3164 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

I'd really like Predaking, and was considering buying it, but I just don't think I can justify $200 for a transformer. Too bad.

#3165 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

I bought it from BBTS on 1/11/05 for $163.99, and they had gotten them in stock on 12/14/04, so there wasn't much time for demand related markup. I still have a bunch of their e-mails from the following months, but none of the ones that mention Predaking have a price listed, so I don't know how the price went up as their stock dwindled. The Wayback Machine shows their Japanese reissue page from August 2007 with a price of $259.99.

http://web.archive.o...0&category=1059

IIRC, dealers at Otakon 2005 (August) wanted around $200 for them.

Thanks for doing the homework, it actually makes me want to pick it up even more seeing that the price really hasn't gone up in all these years.

#3166 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

Got this coupon in e-mail, but I'm not sure what other figures it'll work on, since it's by number:

Posted Image

#3167 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

Got this coupon in e-mail, but I'm not sure what other figures it'll work on, since it's by number:

Posted Image

You can search on the numbers on toysrus.com

Looks like: Animated Deluxes, Robot Heroes, Voyager: The Fallen, Fast Action Battlers, Human Alliance, Gravity Bots, Power Bots, Rise of Cobra Action Figures, Rise of Cobra 12-inch figures.

The 387005 code returns an error, so who knows what that was supposed to be.

I haven't seen any HA figures in a long time at TRU. Too bad -- I'd love to use it on HA Mudflap. Otherwise, pretty weak selections.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#3168 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:28 AM

I haven't seen any HA figures in a long time at TRU. Too bad -- I'd love to use it on HA Mudflap. Otherwise, pretty weak selections.

Read the coupon, it works online too.

#3169 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

Wow, I didn't realize they added Cybertron Ratchet online... might pick up at $6 + shipping. Will end up being cheaper than driving the hour round trip to TRU, methinks.

It sucks that shipping on one figure is almost as much as the figure itself, though.

Wait a second though...

It's showing the Animated Deluxe figures at 50% off without the code though... is it going to take another 50% off when the coupon code is active? Right now it won't activate when I try to use it in my cart, even though technically it's 7/19. The Animated Deluxe's seem to be on clearance for $5.98 (all the other figs this coupon works on are also clearance)... if the coupon code took another 50% off that, that makes it $3 per Animated Deluxe figure.

The selection might not be that great to some since I'm sure everyone probably has what they are offering, but if I can get Bumblebee, Optimus, and Ratchet for $3 a piece I'm in as I missed out on almost the entire line of Animated figs.

EDIT: It works now, animated deluxe figures are $3 after coupon. Seems to be a limit of 3, though. I'll probably go with Snarl over Optimus since I have more than enough of him and no Snarls in my collection. Probably a good time to pick up any you might have missed since it might be the last time. Definitely a good deal for Cybertron Ratchet!

Edited by animalspinners, 19 July 2010 - 08:21 AM.

#3170 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

I ordered Animated Bumblebee, Animated Optimus Prime, and Human Alliance Bumblebee. It came out to about $27 with tax and shipping, which is pretty good.

#3171 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Bit on the Predaking reissue.

Anyone seen Masterpiece Grimlock at TRU yet?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3172 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Bit on the Predaking reissue.

Nope. Supposedly it will be in stores after SDCC, which I believe is this week. So maybe next week.

#3173 177adjen17

177adjen17

wishing i had Remy's toys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

thx for the coupon :) also ordered HA skids and a couple of RH, total came to a lil over $25 w/ shipping... puurty kewl hehe

from tformers:
"Its been like pulling teeth. If you think shopping at Toys R' Us is bad, try dealing with the press relations department. Anywho, the good news and bad news is that you'll be able to get your USA Masterpiece Grimlock AFTER San DiegoPosted Image Comic Con sometime in August. There's no date specified. Read the full press release from TRU about Grimlock and other toys they are offering at SDCC this year.Toys“R”Us® Creates Colossal Collector Event with Entertainment Earth in Booth #2343 at Comic-ConPosted Image International in San Diego"

same article but @ the bottom

TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece GRIMLOCK from Hasbro®
Now, kids, collectors and TRANSFORMERS fans can take home GRIMLOCK – the leader of the DINOBOTS – in this recreation of the classic G1 action figure. With the ability to change from a robot to T-Rex dinosaur, this fan favorite character comes with a glowing sword, DINOBOT crown of leadership, and a light-up blaster. And, when GRIMLOCK has transformed into dinosaur mode, his eyes glow with savage fury. This Toys“R”Us exclusive action figure will be available at Comic-Con International in San Diego before rolling out to Toys“R”Us stores nationwide. :hot: All Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con exclusives are limited editions and are available on a first-come, first served basis. :hot:

currently playing - :psp: : TDR; Fate/Stay UC; :ps3: : Naruto UNS3; Assassins Creed IV :drool:

Eiken.gif huh,u say something?ohaegyo.gif~Oh~Run~ :evil:~ :evil:~Run~Run~ :whee:

#3174 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

Ended up getting Animated OP, Bumblebee, and Snarl for $14 or so shipped... Ratchet was already sold out by the time I made my order =/

#3175 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

Put your order in now for MP Grimlock:

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3870072

Limit 10 per household. Free shipping, ships in 2 - 4 weeks.

#3176 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

....and already out of stock.

#3177 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

Out Of Stock / Temporarily Not Available. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

#3178 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

damn it, I made the decision that I'll pick up the MP grimlock or the Predaking. Either way I'm going to blow too much money on transformers this season damn it.

#3179 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

$60 aint bad...I'll bite if I can get it.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3180 blaze81

blaze81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

Just checked toysrus.com. They have the MP Grimlock on backorder. They can be ordered as of right now. Just ordered two. Hopefully it'll go through now waiting for blaster.

Edited by blaze81, 20 July 2010 - 08:35 AM.