Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5759 replies to this topic

#5011 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Went by TRU this morning.

Shelf tag for Masterpiece Optimus was gone. In its place were 3 MP Thundercrackers (he's back!) and First Edition Entertainment Packs.

The FE Entertainment Packs are 29.99. For that price, I strongly recommend it. Prime is good, but Megatron is excellent. I still like the Deluxe better than the Voyager.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5012 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Stopped by 2 TRUs last night. The one that marks up toy prices ~10% had shelf tags for both MP Thundercracker ($82) and MP Prime ($110), though neither were there. Was surprised the MP TC tag was actually $70 before the recent price hike, though I never saw him there. Since that store is in a pricey suburb of DC (Rockville, MD), if Serpentor found that $115 Prime at a NYC TRU, a 15% markup doesn't surprise me.

The other store had tags for both, Prime for $100 and TC for $70. No Primes, but 4 TCs, which scanned for $75. Had a coupon for $10 off a $75 purchase, so I picked up a second TC (with a Lego minifig to get me over the threshold).

#5013 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

FansProject Assaulter (aka not-Broadside) preorders are up at the FansProject Core Website. (and BBTS).

I really liked both Defender and Steelcore, so this was a no-brainer even though I'm not wild about the not-aircraft carrier. I wasn't wild about Steelcore's ad-hoc vehicle mode either, but in person it's quite appealing. It's got a Headmaster vibe to it that's chunky, yet modern engineering.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5014 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

The not-aircraft carrier reminds me of the Macross ship. Really not a fan of Steelcore though, it's a cool design, but something about it doesn't jive with TF aesthetics.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5015 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

The not-aircraft carrier reminds me of the Macross ship. Really not a fan of Steelcore though, it's a cool design, but something about it doesn't jive with TF aesthetics.

Is it Jetfire, because he was basically a Macross ship. I'm still mad my brother broke mine on x-mas day. I would have him CIB right now like his G1 Optimus Prime.

#5016 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

FansProject Assaulter (aka not-Broadside) preorders are up at the FansProject Core Website. (and BBTS).

I really liked both Defender and Steelcore, so this was a no-brainer even though I'm not wild about the not-aircraft carrier. I wasn't wild about Steelcore's ad-hoc vehicle mode either, but in person it's quite appealing. It's got a Headmaster vibe to it that's chunky, yet modern engineering.

I'd pre-order from BBTS before ever dealing with FPC again. FPC had extremely slow shipping, overpriced shipping at that, no tracking number and no real estimate for when they'd even bother to ship... it just kind of showed up one day.

Also, FPC has a very bad track record for fixing defective parts, while BBTS will hook you up within a day.

#5017 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

WTF?! Why is the TFW2005 forum being flagged on my browser?

#5018 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

WTF?! Why is the TFW2005 forum being flagged on my browser?

Who knows -- the admins are saying it's a "false positive" but it's been going on for three days now. One of the admins is getting a bit pissy that people keep bringing it up over there I heard (I haven't been back since Chrome flagged it.)

I'd avoid it for now until whatever is happening with it gets fixed. I also wouldn't believe anything the admins say, as they've swept shit under the rug before, because false positives of this nature don't last three days. It's very odd they are simply just keeping quiet about this when Google is blatantly telling people they got hacked not only through Chrome but through their search engine as well. It's gotta be killing their traffic.

You know who also said reports of a hack were false positives? TFCC and TFSource, both before a massive breach. TF sites have the worst security and people who have zero idea of how to properly manage a website behind them. I've never seen something like this happen to a forum unless they got hacked... they need to pull down the forums immediately in my opinion.

Edited by animalspinners, 12 October 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#5019 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

TF sites have the worst security and people who have zero idea of how to properly manage a website behind them. I've never seen something like this happen to a forum unless they got hacked... they need to pull down the forums immediately in my opinion.

Kremzeeeeeek!!!!!

#5020 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Is it Jetfire, because he was basically a Macross ship. I'm still mad my brother broke mine on x-mas day. I would have him CIB right now like his G1 Optimus Prime.

I was thinkiing the SDF-1, but that was a mental merging of the robot mode (with the two giant towers/cannons on the back) with the aircraft carrier vehicle mode (due to Assaulter having 2 landing strips at the front).

Also, can't post links at work, but the new Beast Hunters (aka Prime Season 3) toys look... interesting.

Glad to see beasts brought back, and it gives me hope for possible Dinobot toys, but there are also a LOT of repaints/retools (basically take a lot of RID Prime figs and give em spikes... which now I kinda wish I had waited to get them because they remind me a bit of the Junkions with the spikes and all)
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#5021 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters

Posted Image

Coming Spring 2013

http://www.superhero...e-beast-hunters

#5022 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

I really wanted to avoid that damn toyline >_<

#5023 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

but there are also a LOT of repaints/retools (basically take a lot of RID Prime figs and give em spikes... which now I kinda wish I had waited to get them because they remind me a bit of the Junkions with the spikes and all)

Oh... oh wow.

I'm out, I think. Those designs look like shit imo and I'm not buying what amounts to just a bunch of retools.

It looks like the only way to get Smokescreen is from Japan now too. I think I'l finish up the current Prime line and just concentrate on older figures / third party. I'm really not excited over a bunch of straight up retools, that just seems incredibly lazy.

It's also interesting to note that for the most part, Wave 1 of Beast Hunters is just a retool of Wave 1 of Prime, swapping out Cliffjumper for Lazerback. Which means the pegs will once again be full of Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Soundwave. Not only is it the same figures, its damn near the same wave!!

But that Omega Supreme Hasbro is putting out... now that thing kicks ass.

Edited by animalspinners, 12 October 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#5024 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'm so conflicted by Omega Supreme. Part of me is saying "Holy shit that is gorgeous". Another part of me is saying "Holy shit they used the Energon mold, one of my only buyer's remorse TF purchases ever". IMHO it truly is a terrible mold, but that claw arm, the deco, the new head... so confused!

#5025 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm so conflicted by Omega Supreme. Part of me is saying "Holy shit that is gorgeous". Another part of me is saying "Holy shit they used the Energon mold, one of my only buyer's remorse TF purchases ever". IMHO it truly is a terrible mold, but that claw arm, the deco, the new head... so confused!

I don't even care about transforming it, that guy can stay just like he is in the picture and he makes an amazing WFC / FOC centerpiece. :lol:

I will support it just to support this idea and get more stuff like it. Hasbro at SDCC teased about doing bigger figures for the collectors and this is probably the result of that, so I will definitely support figures targeted directly to collectors.

#5026 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Oh... oh wow.

I'm out, I think. Those designs look like shit imo and I'm not buying what amounts to just a bunch of retools.

I agree.

My first thought was that they looked awful -- garish, silly, and crapped up. The whole thing of Prime so far has been elegance and design and now that's thrown out the window for Extreme Dino Robo. (And this, from the company who wanted to retire the Dinobots. Gah.)

My second thought is that the final products aren't going to look anything like that. They're barely painted now. They are not going to be airbrushed all pretty. The colors will be close but uglier and the paint will not pull off those effects at all. Between the extra plastic and the paint, I wouldn't be surprised if this marks an attempt to bump them up to Voyager price points.

Finally Predaking...first thought is disappointment that it's Predaking in name only. Second thought is that it looks like Cybertron Scourge. And I passed on that. It's visually impressive but looks simplistic and I have no interest in that. Stand up, replace head, adjust arms. No thanks.

I also notice they're doing more Cyberverse vehicle/playset stuff. That's not exactly selling real well, guys. We don't get Voyager Breakdown, but we get this...thing. Thanks a lot.

Well, this will certainly save me a lot of money and time.

I don't even care about transforming it, that guy can stay just like he is in the picture and he makes an amazing WFC / FOC centerpiece. :lol:

But it's kind of a crappy mold. They've improved it, but...ugh. If you're going to do that, why not just redo it. That vehicle, to me, is not Omega Supreme, no matter how much paint you put on it.

I'm paring down my collection, so I guess if I decide to keep Omega Sentinel, I may as well just replace him with the new Omega Supreme. I don't know if I want to shell out money, though, to get a crappy figure that has an admittedly awesome new deco. I hope they aren't going to charge an arm and a leg, because I'll just pass. Probably at least $70, which, no.

#5027 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

quoted for truth :lol:

#5028 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I agree.

My first thought was that they looked awful -- garish, silly, and crapped up. The whole thing of Prime so far has been elegance and design and now that's thrown out the window for Extreme Dino Robo. (And this, from the company who wanted to retire the Dinobots. Gah.)

My second thought is that the final products aren't going to look anything like that. They're barely painted now. They are not going to be airbrushed all pretty. The colors will be close but uglier and the paint will not pull off those effects at all. Between the extra plastic and the paint, I wouldn't be surprised if this marks an attempt to bump them up to Voyager price points.

We're almost at Voyager prices now... K-Mart here is selling deluxes for $18 a piece, some Targets are doing $16.

And yea, look at Soundwave... blue and yellow? wtf? These designs scream of cutting corners and trying to pump out the same damn molds again with some spikes. Maybe kids will buy it now that it's EXTREME!

Wave 1 of Prime is STILL pegwarming here, even Soundwave now... re-releasing this wave with added spikes isn't going to sell. Not at all.

I'm not digging any part of Beast Hunters: the story, the toys, anything. What's worse is that they are shoving this garbage into Kre-O also. I was a big fan of Prime and the aesthetic but you're right, this is taking the sleekness and just making every character look like a Wrecker who is over-compensating.

I like how the other Voyager slot is a "?"... it's pretty obvious it'll be Optimus. After all, the brand would just implode if Optimus wasn't on the shelves 24/7 just like Bumblebee. I got a feeling this entire line will just be Prime V.2 with Hasbro retooling as many molds as they can with spikes. Also, all the spikes will probably be that horrible soft plastic like on Dreadwing, so half the transformer is going to be a soft plastic mush.

By the way, it was announced that the current wave of Deluxes, Kup and Rumble, is the last one the US is seeing before Beast Hunters unveils so... I assume the same is true of Voyagers after the Magnus wave. If you want Smokescreen or Breakdown, better hope for an EXTREME version or go pay import prices. Breakdown and Ironhide are fantastic, and I honestly can't believe Hasbro is just not going to release Ironhide here.

The good news is then all I need to do is pick up a few more Takara figures for Prime and then just ignore the retail stuff for a long time. No interest in Beast Hunters, no interest in Transformers 4 merchandise unless the new designs are seriously awesome in toy form.

Hasbro really blew their chance on the Prime line by not completing the cast so why should I assume they will do okay with the Beast Hunters line? At this point, I'll just go completely for Takara for figures I'm interested in as it's pretty much guaranteed they will make everybody (and then some.) We end with Kup and Rumble, Takara ends with Smokescreen, Thundercracker, Orion Pax, Ironhide, a new Vehicon, Rumble AND Frenzy.

#5029 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well just another line/subline that I'm not getting into. I haven't been into TF's since that last Thundercracker/Warparth wave of Generations. I wanted a Q and Soundwave from DotM but they blew that line. I like but am not a huge fan of the Prime show (same goes for the WFC/FOC game) so I don't want to jump into other lines. Since the Kreo line debuted I've picked up sets found at Target for 70% off but they've never been a priority or must haves. Nothing coming up or currently in stores interests me. (Yes I know how fantastic the new TC and Prime MP's are but I like the MP's and scales I currently have) I guess I am out until they start going back to G1 inspired Generations and reissues. Its been fun and frustrating but as someone who collected Star Wars for years that seems to be the Hasbro model. Oh well, more money to go towards Lego.

#5030 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

My TRU today had a bunch of the FE Prime deluxes on the pegs today, scored an FE Vehicon along with the only FE Prime/Megs 2-Pack. $30?! SOLD!
They also had a bunch of the Asian GDO scouts. I love Laserbeak, though personally I think Buzzsaw would have been a better choice for names (that poor, forgotten lonely bastard bird brother). Something very odd seeing LB standing upright with arms, no less.

SoCal seems to be devoid of MP-10's this week. Fortunately my store was also devoid of scalpers--we left quite a few of the FE's other than Vehicons on the pegs. Shame they didn't include ANY accessories with Terrorcon Cliffy. Doubly terrible they're packaged with the vacu-seal packaging rather than the re-openable boxes.
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#5031 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Anyone who preordered Prime get theirs yet?
Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#5032 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Anyone who preordered Prime get theirs yet?

They should start shipping 10/15, from what I remember the invoice saying.

I had a local friend pick me up one last Thursday so I cancelled my online one so I can't double check.

#5033 Ahadi

Ahadi

Lord Tyrant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Where do you guys get all your info/news about upcoming toys, wave details, etc? I'm fairly new to collecting, and I want to stay up on the details. I'd also like to get in on contributing some to this thread :lol:

I managed to win a complete G1 Ultra Magnus off of eBay for ~$20, and he's right now the pride of my collection, mostly because I've been on the hunt for one for a little over 10 years. With my recent interest in collecting and finding an auction ending at a decent price point, I couldn't pass it up.

#5034 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

TFW2005.

Well, before Chrome locked me out of it because the website emanates malware.

Now I just get my info from a local group of collectors until the website is stable again.

#5035 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

I thought this was just a dragon, like Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron, but turns out its Predaking!

Posted Image

#5036 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

theres nothing wrong with TFW, its someone screwing with the site for whatever reason. I use it every single day and my Norton doesnt detect anything wrong whatsoever

as for the Beast Hunters line, not sure if I wanna collect em or not. I do want Scourge pretty badly and the Bumblebee is a huge maybe. at this point though im probably gonna skip out on alot of em. not a big fan of the beastformer look. rather save that money hunting down stuff like the new MP Prime or Classics Hound

Edited by Twista48, 16 October 2012 - 04:10 AM.

TheTwistadOne48.png

#5037 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

I saw those GDO at TRU the scout laserbeak, I was thinking about this one I may go back tomorrow and get it, but I see it is a remodel though we don't have any of that mold, is this a good one. I also saw swerve and cliffjumper in the generations package but we already have kup. I would buy wheelie if they had it. I saw and bought the entertainment pack eventhough we have optimus and megatron voyagers, they looked different and you get the 3 kids. Someone also gave me a $5 coupon when I was waiting on line- that was a nice lady. I also saw Thundercracker MP again.
Smile

#5038 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Stupid TRU! Ship my Prime already! It said it would ship 10/15. I checked yesterday and it said something about waiting for the street date of like 9/29... wtf?

#5039 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Same here. Folks on seibertron.com are saying theirs hasnt shipped yet either.
Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#5040 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Stupid TRU! Ship my Prime already! It said it would ship 10/15. I checked yesterday and it said something about waiting for the street date of like 9/29... wtf?

Yeah, same here. If it wasn't for the nearest TRU being 30 minutes out of the way I'd just pick one up myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Autobot, Deception, Beast Wars, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hasbro, Takara, SDCC, Botcon