Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5864 replies to this topic

#5041 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Any of you guys know where I can get Encore Fort Max for a better price than BBTS? It's about $350.xx shipped there but I've never actually purchased a TF import before.

EDIT* Holy crap, after reading the last 2-3 pages, I never realized that TF lines had become such clusterfucks of repaints and... abominations.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5042 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I saw those GDO at TRU the scout laserbeak, I was thinking about this one I may go back tomorrow and get it, but I see it is a remodel though we don't have any of that mold, is this a good one.

I think so, yes. Worth picking up. Especially if you have a ROTF Mindwipe or RTS Strafe, since they work together. But on its own it's still pretty neat. Very cool vehicle, interesting robot mode. The only downside is the spring feet, but it's minor.

Yeah, same here. If it wasn't for the nearest TRU being 30 minutes out of the way I'd just pick one up myself.

Stopped by my local TRU yesterday. One Thundercracker left (been opened), one Entertainment Pack left, no MP Optimus, no GDO, no FE Deluxes.

So, as usual, no guarantees.

I can't help but compare this to my next stop -- the Lego store -- where they had the exclusive item I wanted, gave me a loyalty card that gets me $15 back on the next purchase, and has all their hard-to-find stuff in stock and even older sets in the back if you ask. So, TRU and Hasbro: I could tell you to Fuck off, but instead I'll just point out that's a fair chunk of money that isn't coming to you anymore.

Any of you guys know where I can get Encore Fort Max for a better price than BBTS? It's about $350.xx shipped there but I've never actually purchased a TF import before.

I'd look at TFSource and agesthreeandup, but they're going to be right around that cost -- the only differences might be shipping and/or tax. It's a hefty price tag, but it's a bargain compared to what they were going for before. If you want one, I'd preorder it somewhere. You can always shop around later. BBTS allows you to cancel with no penalty, although I'd doublecheck that they still allow it for this item.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5043 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

EDIT* Holy crap, after reading the last 2-3 pages, I never realized that TF lines had become such clusterfucks of repaints and... abominations.

TFSource will give you free shipping on that purchase.

#5044 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

We're almost at Voyager prices now... K-Mart here is selling deluxes for $18 a piece, some Targets are doing $16.

And yea, look at Soundwave... blue and yellow? wtf? These designs scream of cutting corners and trying to pump out the same damn molds again with some spikes. Maybe kids will buy it now that it's EXTREME!

Wave 1 of Prime is STILL pegwarming here, even Soundwave now... re-releasing this wave with added spikes isn't going to sell. Not at all.

I'm not digging any part of Beast Hunters: the story, the toys, anything. What's worse is that they are shoving this garbage into Kre-O also. I was a big fan of Prime and the aesthetic but you're right, this is taking the sleekness and just making every character look like a Wrecker who is over-compensating.

I like how the other Voyager slot is a "?"... it's pretty obvious it'll be Optimus. After all, the brand would just implode if Optimus wasn't on the shelves 24/7 just like Bumblebee. I got a feeling this entire line will just be Prime V.2 with Hasbro retooling as many molds as they can with spikes. Also, all the spikes will probably be that horrible soft plastic like on Dreadwing, so half the transformer is going to be a soft plastic mush.

By the way, it was announced that the current wave of Deluxes, Kup and Rumble, is the last one the US is seeing before Beast Hunters unveils so... I assume the same is true of Voyagers after the Magnus wave. If you want Smokescreen or Breakdown, better hope for an EXTREME version or go pay import prices. Breakdown and Ironhide are fantastic, and I honestly can't believe Hasbro is just not going to release Ironhide here.

The good news is then all I need to do is pick up a few more Takara figures for Prime and then just ignore the retail stuff for a long time. No interest in Beast Hunters, no interest in Transformers 4 merchandise unless the new designs are seriously awesome in toy form.

Hasbro really blew their chance on the Prime line by not completing the cast so why should I assume they will do okay with the Beast Hunters line? At this point, I'll just go completely for Takara for figures I'm interested in as it's pretty much guaranteed they will make everybody (and then some.) We end with Kup and Rumble, Takara ends with Smokescreen, Thundercracker, Orion Pax, Ironhide, a new Vehicon, Rumble AND Frenzy.

Yeah man, this Beast hunter thing is dumb. But I'm glad, I can save money and blow it on 3rd party/MP stuff :D

For the last 3 days I've been trying to talk myself out of buying TFC Perseus. That thing is hot. $500+ though :cry:

#5045 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Wow, I drove across town to check two different TRU locations and I got my hands on the last Masterpiece Prime at one location, on top of that, it was on sale for $69.99. Haven't got a chance to take it out of the box yet.

godlyone.gif

#5046 warfox33

warfox33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Checked my local TRU today. No MP Prime's. Instead they had 8 MP Thundercrackers! They had them in 3 separate spots due to lack of space. If anyone finds an extra MP Prime and wants a Thundercracker, I'd be willing to trade at cost with me paying the price difference.

#5047 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Wow, I drove across town to check two different TRU locations and I got my hands on the last Masterpiece Prime at one location, on top of that, it was on sale for $69.99. Haven't got a chance to take it out of the box yet.

How did you get it at that price?

#5048 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

wtf!

#5049 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

I'd pay $115 if I could find one (though they should only be $100 in my area), but $70 is insane. I'm just hoping I can find one before ebay/3rd-party is my only resort.

#5050 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

TFSource will give you free shipping on that purchase.

I save about $2 there but I have to settle for a C9 box, whereas BBTS doesn't say anything but it'll probably be in a similar condition. BBTS's packing is awesome though so, I think I'll just keep it there.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5051 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Called a Toys R Us in Memphis today. Talked to someone there and he told me that MP Prime stays on the shelf for about 5 minutes when it comes in. Told him I preordered on the site and haven't had it ship yet.

He told me not to worry too much, usually online is about a week before our local brick and mortar but for some reason the site is about a week behind, if I preordered i was probably ok.

Now....usually I would take what a TRU employee tells me with a huge pile of salt (one asked me if I wanted 'Thunderplane') but this guy is cool, and is a collector himself. I take more on what he says. Either way, atleast felt a bit better after I talked to him.

Anyway, hope this helps someone a bit. Talked to this guy before and I think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Transformers.
Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#5052 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

I think so, yes. Worth picking up. Especially if you have a ROTF Mindwipe or RTS Strafe, since they work together. But on its own it's still pretty neat. Very cool vehicle, interesting robot mode. The only downside is the spring feet, but it's minor.

St

Thanks for the reminder about Mindwipe I do have that one. I tried to buy laserbeak today and they tried to say it was $15 because it was a generations. I said it was not and it was scout size. I told manager to look into figuring out price. He said they had no number for it. So he is holding it for me and is trying to figure it out. Anyone know the correct number for them to put into register or what I should tell him?
Smile

#5053 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

He told me not to worry too much, usually online is about a week before our local brick and mortar but for some reason the site is about a week behind, if I preordered i was probably ok.

WTF?! How did people order this on TRU's website? I've never seen a MP Optimus Prime listed on it.

#5054 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for the reminder about Mindwipe I do have that one. I tried to buy laserbeak today and they tried to say it was $15 because it was a generations. I said it was not and it was scout size. I told manager to look into figuring out price. He said they had no number for it. So he is holding it for me and is trying to figure it out. Anyone know the correct number for them to put into register or what I should tell him?

Bring the peg that it was hanging on to the guy. Double check that it's correct, since things are often in the wrong place. But the shelf tag should be on the end of the peg.

It looks like it's on TRU's website here.

If that page goes down, here's the info:

R Web#: 929425
SKU: 1E4B67DA
UPC/EAN/ISBN 653569781950
Manufacturer: 98568
Price: 9.99

Looks like all the GDO scouts are online, and so is Deluxe Swerve, but there are no pictures for any of them. Incompetent.

Still, the hijinks at the Transformers Club Store over the past few days make TRU look good in comparison. I can't believe I let those clowns have my credit card for Runabout/Runamuck.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5055 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Still, the hijinks at the Transformers Club Store over the past few days make TRU look good in comparison. I can't believe I let those clowns have my credit card for Runabout/Runamuck.

Wait, what happened now with them?

#5056 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Bring the peg that it was hanging on to the guy. Double check that it's correct, since things are often in the wrong place. But the shelf tag should be on the end of the peg.

It looks like it's on TRU's website here.

If that page goes down, here's the info:

R Web#: 929425
SKU: 1E4B67DA
UPC/EAN/ISBN 653569781950
Manufacturer: 98568
Price: 9.99

Looks like all the GDO scouts are online, and so is Deluxe Swerve, but there are no pictures for any of them. Incompetent.

Thanks so much, I will go later and see how it goes. They did not have any tag out on shelf that was the problem. Should I get anything else while I am there? Are any of the other GDO worth getting, my son does not usually like remodels if he has them. But we don't have laserbeak mold and we do have mindwipe. How about the legends? I wish they had wheelie though. By the way TRU has a coupon on website for, 10%, 15%, or 20% off depending on how much you spend.

edit: I called them and they said it will be $10.99 but it is $9.99 on web. But they will adjust price with coupon that I used yesterday because they did not know price yesterday.
edit 2 : went to pick up laserbeak they matched TRU website which made it $9.99 and then I got 15% off with coupon because I bought other stuff as well. http://www.toysrus.c...viralcoupon.pdf

Edited by mickeyp, 17 October 2012 - 03:45 PM.

Smile

#5057 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

How did you get it at that price?

I have no idea, I took it to the register and the clerk rang it up as 69.99. Another person at the cash register mentioned "Wow, they were a hundred dollars last week".

godlyone.gif

#5058 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Wait, what happened now with them?

They were hyping a big clearance sale. First, you couldn't tell what was going to be on sale or not. Then the sale went live, but all the prices were wrong. Then they fixed that issue, and no one could check out. It took two days to sort out all the errors.

#5059 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

They were hyping a big clearance sale. First, you couldn't tell what was going to be on sale or not. Then the sale went live, but all the prices were wrong. Then they fixed that issue, and no one could check out. It took two days to sort out all the errors.

Business as usual for that piece of shit club.

Two days is a record for them.

#5060 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Business as usual for that piece of shit club.

Two days is a record for them.

And it was too good to be true. Another email today about more problems and the sale being put on hold again. Their new, improved e-commerce system apparently can't handle 200 items (most of which are lame) on sale at once. I have no words -- just snarky little giggles.

Had errands that took me near a TRU I don't normally get out to. They had Thundercrackers, 1 First Edition Entertainment Pack, and nothing else. No GDO of any kind, no FE Deluxes, no Prime Deluxes but Bumblebee.

#5061 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

And it was too good to be true. Another email today about more problems and the sale being put on hold again. Their new, improved e-commerce system apparently can't handle 200 items (most of which are lame) on sale at once. I have no words -- just snarky little giggles.

This is why I just ordered the subscription figures I wanted through BBTS. Yea, it's more expensive that way, but guess who shoulders the majority of the responsibility here? BBTS. I'm not dealing with TFCC's constant screw-ups, BBTS is, and I will GLADLY pay a premium to know that they will handle all of this for me. I got in before the price of the figures went up too.

I love the figures they put out, but I hate everything else about the club.

Had errands that took me near a TRU I don't normally get out to. They had Thundercrackers, 1 First Edition Entertainment Pack, and nothing else. No GDO of any kind, no FE Deluxes, no Prime Deluxes but Bumblebee.

You probably saw but apparently we're getting the GDO Leader figures here too now for $44.99... the G1 colored Ironhide and Starscream. They are in Canada now but most likely coming here at some point.

I might pick up that Starscream, I really like the mold.

I got a feeling we're not going to see a lot of Prime Deluxe restocks because at this point, why would stores bother ordering more when Hasbro just unveiled Beast Hunters? They are just going to wait for that I think.

Funny to see Thundercracker just lounging on the shelves at plenty of TRUs though.

#5062 Ahadi

Ahadi

Lord Tyrant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I keep seeing GDO. What does it stand for?

Do we know the street date for the deluxe and voyager Prime Ultra Magnus? I can't help but NEED both sizes of the fig.

#5063 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

Who ate my Reese's pieces?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

If anyone is interested, I am selling both my prime and my thundercracker sealed in box for $175 plus cost of shipping. Times are tougher than I thought. :(

oh and if you are local, we can meet up and I can give it to you instead. (well, you still have to pay) ;)

I forgot to add.. why its $175... I paid for optimus $115.99+7% tax= 124.11 and thundercracker I am just lowballing at $50.

Edit:.. ok.. optimus sold. Thundercracker still available at $50

Edited by Bubbamel, 19 October 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#5064 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Damn, lucky son of a.... That's pretty sweet. What does the receipt say? Promo discount applied? If not, I have a feeling that they probably mislabeled the MP Prime with that of MP Thundercracker.

#5065 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Had two deluxe vehicons at my local Target this evening. Really wanted to pick them up since they are one per case, but I am saving the money for Masterpiece Optimus Prime (and not sure I actually wanted the vehicons).

#5066 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Picked up GDO Bluestreak, Hoist and Motorbreath tonight at TRU. The FE Prime / Megatron 2 pack was also there, but was $33 (this is the 10% markup TRU) and the box was pretty banged up. Hadn't really been paying attention, didn't realize Hasbro had gotten back the name Bluestreak after using Silverstreak for various releases the past decade.

Had visited my local TRU on Wednesday night, and both stores had removed the shelf tags for MP Prime. Hope that isn't an indicator of something. The local one did have 3 unopened MP Thundercracker cases sitting on the top shelf.

#5067 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Had visited my local TRU on Wednesday night, and both stores had removed the shelf tags for MP Prime. Hope that isn't an indicator of something.

I think all it means is they don't currently have any, and they have something else they can put in its space. The shelf tags are printed when they get something, and hang around until they get more or get something else to go there.

And, of course, some stores are better at updating their displays than others. One of them (fortunately the one furthest from me) could instruct glaciers on how to move slower.

#5068 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Damn, lucky son of a.... That's pretty sweet. What does the receipt say? Promo discount applied? If not, I have a feeling that they probably mislabeled the MP Prime with that of MP Thundercracker.

Hmmm, looking back at the receipt, it says I recieved $30 in multi buy savings. Strange since the MP Optimus was the only thing I bought, the clerk must have effed up.
When I got it, I had driven across town to check my second TRU location, got my hands on the last Prime and was told that it was only 70 dollars. I'm not one to question anything at that point. :lol:

godlyone.gif

#5069 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

My local TRU must have had some GDO stuff in stock. My wife went on her lunch break (she works right by TRU, it's normally like a 25 min drive one way for me) to look for MP Prime but they didn't have it. She said they had Dreadwing (Transformers Prime Voyager) and some Japanese Megatron tank (she picked up both for me). I had to look up the Megatron, because I had no clue what she was talking about. Seems like it is kind of like Bainzatron and Bludgeon (which I never got either).

#5070 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

My local TRU must have had some GDO stuff in stock. My wife went on her lunch break (she works right by TRU, it's normally like a 25 min drive one way for me) to look for MP Prime but they didn't have it. She said they had Dreadwing (Transformers Prime Voyager) and some Japanese Megatron tank (she picked up both for me). I had to look up the Megatron, because I had no clue what she was talking about. Seems like it is kind of like Bainzatron and Bludgeon (which I never got either).

I hope she grabbed both.

I've seen Dreadwing twice -- the time I bought it, and one other time. It's one per case of shelfwarmers, which means it disappears instantly.

Banzaitron/Bludgeon is also a really good mold. I don't think I'll get Megatron because I have both of them (bought Bludgeon when it was the only one, wanted Banzaitron because I like the green much better than the orange). But it's worth owning, and it's both a good use of Megatron and a good redeco (if you like green).