Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5756 replies to this topic

#5161 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Great review. Generally agree (though I wouldn't say best gestalt ever. I still feel the Car Robots gestalts did a better job accross all 3 modes, but to each his own.)

Amazon has some Kre-O stuff on sale finally!
Devestator for 48 (sadly not the TRU version with free Ironhide, but for 48 bucks instead of 80 I'll take it http://www.amazon.co...VW4/ref=lh_ni_t

Rotor Rage (aka Vortex) for 15 instead of 25: http://www.amazon.co...W0K/ref=lh_ni_t
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5162 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Nice review of Bruticus. Brawl and Swindle don't look as out of proportion relative to Onslaught as the early pictures implied, though Blast Off and Vortex still look too big. Might be better if Onslaught was a Voyager as you said.

Been a while since I've had mine out, but didn't the Beast Wars gestalts and the train team from R.I.D. / Car Robots also incorporate everything into their respective component robots?

TRU has a buy 2 Deluxes, get 1 free sale going on this week. Picked up GDO Springer, Cliffjumper and Swerve at one tonight to take advantage of the sale and a FE Vehicon at another. Also saw GDO Voyager Megatron and Powerdive.

#5163 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yea, Rail Racer incorporated all the accessories into the separate robots, their alt modes (the accessories are actually needed in transformation) and Rail Racer himself.

imo, it is the best combiner they've ever done. Nothing suffers due to the combining gimmick and it's all very well thought out.

#5164 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

TRU has a buy 2 Deluxes, get 1 free sale going on this week. Picked up GDO Springer, Cliffjumper and Swerve at one tonight to take advantage of the sale and a FE Vehicon at another. Also saw GDO Voyager Megatron and Powerdive.

I thank you so much for telling me about this sale! I bought 7 transformers last week for $16.49. I bought my receipt in and they adjusted the price of each to $14.99 and applied the buy 2 get 1 free sale --so I got 9 transformers now and $ back! By the way the transformers I got were the 5 new Fall of cybertron ones that combine to form Bruticus and I got 4 First edition transformers-vehicon, starscream, arcee, and cliffjumper. I hope my son likes these for the holidays! Not sure about the first edition purchases as I already have the figures that came out that were not first edition- are they worth having 2 of them?
Smile

#5165 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Not sure about the first edition purchases as I already have the figures that came out that were not first edition- are they worth having 2 of them?

Starscream's FE is the only deluxe Starscream and is infinitely better than the voyager version.

The rest are all also better than their PRID counterparts. I didn't think FE Cliff was that much better than PRID, but Arcee just blow away the PRID version and Vehicon is better in that it is bigger and a more complex transformation (something I love in figs) than PRID though PRID Vehicon is still a great figure. Do like I did: Consider FE Vehicon a general to the PRID trooper :D
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#5166 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

The rest are all also better than their PRID counterparts. I didn't think FE Cliff was that much better than PRID, but Arcee just blow away the PRID version

I somewhat disagree with this. FE Arcee is bigger and has that nice chestplate thing. But PRiD Arcee is a bit more elegant, which is a little hard to qualify. I think the transformation is smoother. It's simpler without being simplistic.

Both trade off on what they do better. PRiD Arcee gets a lot of details right. I like the 'wings' better, but the backpack is worse. FE Arcee feels more finished and feels like they put that much more into it.

The one thing the FE gets totally right is having the two blades. Having one blade and a dopey gun was a stupid choice for PRiD Arcee.

In the end, I think it's a wash. I would personally pick PRiD Arcee, but they are different enough and strong enough in different areas that they're both worth having.

and Vehicon is better in that it is bigger and a more complex transformation (something I love in figs) than PRID though PRID Vehicon is still a great figure. Do like I did: Consider FE Vehicon a general to the PRID trooper :D

And this one is a matter of taste. FE Vehicon is everything you say, but it's also backpacky. PRiD Vehicon manages to get the same look but with a sleek robot with virtually no backpack or kibble. That counts for a lot in my book.

Really, both lines are great and worth getting. The only thing you should really skip is PRiD Bumblebee, which is in every way worse than FE Bee.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5167 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Wow- thanks guys I will keep the 4 FE that I just bought- even though I have the PRID versions. Thanks for justifying my purchases! Glad I found Starscream FE, we only have the small cyberverse one. I already had bumblebee FE.
A few weeks ago I bought the entertainment pack FE of Optimus and Megatron with the kids, even though we had Optimus and Megatron already.
Smile

#5168 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Blandstalker makes some excellent points, but overall I'll take complex transformations that leave some backpacks over simplistic figs. I don't watch the show so show accuracy also isn't an issue for me (a reason I've seen some people say they like PRID Arcee better).

Overall I wouldn't say PRID is bad it all just feels generally lower quality, with smaller figures, cheaper plastic, less paint apps, simpler transformations... I'd be perfectly happy with it actually if they hadn't taunted us with the (imho) glory of the FE figs.

I agree to skip PRID Bee. That figure is complete horse shit. Also heard Arachnid is aweful though I've yet to see her in stores.

Got PRID Rumble. Cool little figure. Love the Gurren Laggen chest face. Most Cons seem to have them, but it's especially apparent on Rumble. This little bastard desperately needs some paint apps though. The guns are just black bricks and the car mode is especially bad. Both ends of the car need paint bad.

#5169 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Heads up! 2PM PST today (Thursday 12/6) Amazon will have their exclusive Jetwing Prime as a Lightning deal.

Last time they did a decent TF Lightning, it was the Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus for $30, so this one might be good.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5170 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Heads up! 2PM PST today (Thursday 12/6) Amazon will have their exclusive Jetwing Prime as a Lightning deal.

Last time they did a decent TF Lightning, it was the Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus for $30, so this one might be good.

$75 is better than the $105 they charged me two weeks ago. Part of the one I got on release is loose in the box, so I am going to return it as defective and just order at the new price.

Too bad I paid waaaaay more than $35 for the Dragon Optimus. :(

#5171 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Looks like that went over like a lead balloon. 16% claimed.

That makes it likely, though, they'll be looking to get rid of them later.

#5172 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on that Optimus. Hope it will be cheaper later.

Toys R Us has Prime toys buy 1, get 1 50% off this week. Picked up Dreadwing and Starscream (Voyager).

#5173 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I have zero interest in that prime. A mold I already have with a giant brick of a backpack that imho just looks ugly... easy pass. I love trailers that transform to armor, but that doesn't look like anything in "trailer" mode and looks pretty lame in bot mode. (on a side note, I'm probably one of the few that really really liked Ultimate Prime...)

#5174 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

TRU has B1G1 50% off all regular priced Transformers stuff today only (12/13).

http://trus.imageg.n...RU_Thursday.pdf

Going to be visiting some friends this weekend, and found a store not far from them that the web site said had MP Prime in stock. Was able to place an order for 2 of them (1 for me and Xmas gift for my brother) with the discount applied. Sales tax was applied, but even with that I'll take 2 for $207 total. Hope it goes through.

Edited by Bloomy, 13 December 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#5175 menchirox

menchirox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Transformers Optimus Prime Jetwing Movie Deco- Amazon Exclusive is $52.05 (down from $104.99) http://www.amazon.co...formers optimus

#5176 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus Prime
Jetwing Optimus Prime
MP-10 Optimus Prime
Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime

I think I've got every single great Prime toy covered

#5177 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

I saw the fall of cybertron grimlock, I don't think I like that figure.
Posted Image

#5178 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I hope someone can help me with this question and PM me with the answer.

I was at a pawn today and saw 3 MIB Transformer toys. One was an Optimus Prime Reissue, one was an original Ultra Magnus (complete) in box, and the third was a G1 Megatron complete in box (!!!). They wanted $100 each and I talked down to $60 for the Megatron (I tried to nab Ultra Magnus at $40 to no avail).

My Question is that the Megatron does not have an orange tip, that it is grey. The box and everything else states 1984 and it looks like the other boxes Ive seen online and on ebay. Is there variants on the tip of the gun? Is grey the original before the orange was added? Im keeping the toy but I am really curious as I've never spent $60 on a toy for collection purposes.

BTW, I am thinking of buy the Prime reissue for $20....Is it worth it?
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#5179 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

The original megatron was a metal gun that was chrome? and black. There were no safety tips on him or anything (he looks like a real gun).

#5180 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Transformers are buy 1, get 1 40% off at Toys R Us this week. I picked up the Fall of Cybertron Rumble / Ravage and Frenzy / Ratbat 2-packs 2 nights ago. They were $11.99, but this was at the TRU that markups up 10%, so they may be $10.99 at other TRUs.

I also saw Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw and all 5 Combaticons, but didn't like the condition of the boxes / cards, and there are a couple other stores in the area I can check. Plus I'd want to try to get similar sizes to maximize the sale, rather than let just the cheaper ones get the 40% off discount.

#5181 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Amazon has G2 Bruticus for $47.99!!! http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A1051-G2-Bruticus/dp/B007MCNI30/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1356154700&sr=1-1&keywords=bruticus

DEAD.

Edited by Nathan_Sama, 23 December 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#5182 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Found Generations Voyager Soundwave at TRU today, along with both disc sets. I just picked up Soundwave and an Ultimate Generations Gift Set (recolor Jazz + recolor G2 Prime + two legends).

I had thought the latter was online only, but there it was, and it was the only one there with no shelf tag. I figured I can always return it, but I may never see it again.

Generations Voyagers are 22.99, which is reasonable and better than the 26.99 to 29.99 they want for the Prime Voyagers. The giftset was 29.99.

#5183 darqred

darqred

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Saw this on amazon, not sure if its a deal but seemed cheaper then some of the buy it now's on ebay etc.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004FEJ43Q/

Sentinel prime mech tech leader for 22.99

#5184 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I have a bunch of G2 25th anniversary Transformers that I'm looking to unload, where is a good place to sell these?

I have stuff like MP Skywarp, Inferno, Soundwave, I even have a few Japanese sets like Takara Tomy Skywarp & Thundercracker dual pack, all sealed of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5185 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I found a FREE kreo transformers mini figure coupon in the inserts from an old paper. I think it is from 3 weeks ago.

#5186 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I saw soundwave and blaster but. Really don't like their fall of cybertron molds. All I want now is ultra Magnus, I think his FOC mold is awesome.
Posted Image

#5187 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I can't believe there are still plenty of thundercracker masterpieces at my TRU after Christmas. It has a nice build, might get a second one for display (individually in robot and jet mode, hehe)

My Lowball Sale has ended.  I feel your pain.  

animePSP2.jpg

#5188 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

I can't believe there are still plenty of thundercracker masterpieces at my TRU after Christmas. It has a nice build, might get a second one for display (individually in robot and jet mode, hehe)

I saw a bunch too, I was also surprised as well.
Posted Image

#5189 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

I saw a bunch too, I was also surprised as well.

It's not really a kids' toy, not a currently well-known figure, and relatively expensive. It's not too surprising. Had it been slightly cheaper and, say, Starscream, I bet they would have sold out, especially since Transformers really had nothing going on this holiday season. My local TRU has a bucket of Optimus Maximus figures that nobody wants and Target cleared weeks ago.

Sadly, Thundercracker will probably be looked at as a reason why they shouldn't stock too many exclusives, when the real lesson is don't let them dribble in one at a time and then oversaturate them.

There was a dramatic difference between the early shipments -- the most I ever saw was one or two, which were instant scalper-bait -- and the later shipments, when they'd appear six at a time. Had they appeared in battalions of six or more from the beginning, they never would have been scalped to the degree they were.

I saw soundwave and blaster but. Really don't like their fall of cybertron molds. All I want now is ultra Magnus, I think his FOC mold is awesome.

I can understand this, since I am often lukewarm on "Cybertronian" modes.

Soundwave is really nice, though. I liked the deluxe version. I think I like this one better. Just the robot is a very good Soundwave figure, plus the disc launching is pretty nifty. I also typically don't care about gimmicks, but I really like the way they made it possible to hold several discs or none at all.

The vehicle is good, with no gappy parts or unfinished areas. It's a good, solid vehicle that isn't ad-hoc in the least. About the only thing I'm not wild about is that it's more blast shield than windshield, but it's not a big deal.

I also have to say you get a lot of value here. It's a substantial, Voyager sized figure with great articulation, a decent amount of paint apps, and Laserbeak included. I like the discs much more than I thought I would.

I probably won't be triple-dipping on this mold, but I may end up picking up Blaster, which I wasn't expecting to do. There have been a lot of recent disappointments, and a general feeling of cheapness and smallness of recent Transformers, and I don't feel that at all with this figure. It's not quite as heavy as some past figures, but they did an impressive job of hiding where the reductions took place, to the point that I really wasn't thinking about it.

#5190 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

It's not really a kids' toy, not a currently well-known figure, and relatively expensive. It's not too surprising. Had it been slightly cheaper and, say, Starscream, I bet they would have sold out, especially since Transformers really had nothing going on this holiday season. My local TRU has a bucket of Optimus Maximus figures that nobody wants and Target cleared weeks ago.

Sadly, Thundercracker will probably be looked at as a reason why they shouldn't stock too many exclusives, when the real lesson is don't let them dribble in one at a time and then oversaturate them.

There was a dramatic difference between the early shipments -- the most I ever saw was one or two, which were instant scalper-bait -- and the later shipments, when they'd appear six at a time. Had they appeared in battalions of six or more from the beginning, they never would have been scalped to the degree they were.

I can understand this, since I am often lukewarm on "Cybertronian" modes.

Soundwave is really nice, though. I liked the deluxe version. I think I like this one better. Just the robot is a very good Soundwave figure, plus the disc launching is pretty nifty. I also typically don't care about gimmicks, but I really like the way they made it possible to hold several discs or none at all.

The vehicle is good, with no gappy parts or unfinished areas. It's a good, solid vehicle that isn't ad-hoc in the least. About the only thing I'm not wild about is that it's more blast shield than windshield, but it's not a big deal.

I also have to say you get a lot of value here. It's a substantial, Voyager sized figure with great articulation, a decent amount of paint apps, and Laserbeak included. I like the discs much more than I thought I would.

I probably won't be triple-dipping on this mold, but I may end up picking up Blaster, which I wasn't expecting to do. There have been a lot of recent disappointments, and a general feeling of cheapness and smallness of recent Transformers, and I don't feel that at all with this figure. It's not quite as heavy as some past figures, but they did an impressive job of hiding where the reductions took place, to the point that I really wasn't thinking about it.

Will soundwave be at Target and Walmart or just Toys R Us? I saw him once and did not buy him at TRU. I bought the Frenzy and ratbat ravage and rumble legend size discs yesterday so now I want him. Oh I also saw Prime first edition optimus prime voyager- $ 26 I put him on hold, we already have the PRID optimus and I dont have a lot of $. I also saw Deluxe Ultra Magnus, put him on hold also. They wanted 17.99 for him.

Edited by mickeyp, 03 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Smile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Autobot, Deception, Beast Wars, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hasbro, Takara, SDCC, Botcon