Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5823 replies to this topic

#5521 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Does anybody have an item number so I can try and find it at Costco?

Never mind, found it myself, here it is if anybody else needs it, 994294.

#5522 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Does anybody have an item number so I can try and find it at Costco?

Never mind, found it myself, here it is if anybody else needs it, 994294.

Thanks, I called them and they have it.  I think I will pick it up next week for him.  I'll think about it.  

Smile

#5523 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Went to TRU today, saw Metroplex, Acid Storm, and the Ultra Magnus special edition figure. It felt like a dream where the store has everything you want....in stock! I only bought Metroplex, I'm going back tomorrow to pick up Acid Storm.
Posted Image

#5524 demonchylde

demonchylde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

I price matched Metroplex at TRU to the Costco price. All I did was show the Customer Service lady a photo of the stack of Metros at the Costco with the price visible. I also had close up photos of the price card and the UPC from the box, but she said she didn't need to see those. Not only did I get him for $79.99 + tax, but because it's TRU I get the rewards points and I've contributed to my 10% cash back for the holidays.

It was easy since the Costco and TRU are right next to each other.  :-P

katy-perry-elmo-bounce-o.gif

#5525 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

I price matched Metroplex at TRU to the Costco price. All I did was show the Customer Service lady a photo of the stack of Metros at the Costco with the price visible. I also had close up photos of the price card and the UPC from the box, but she said she didn't need to see those. Not only did I get him for $79.99 + tax, but because it's TRU I get the rewards points and I've contributed to my 10% cash back for the holidays.

It was easy since the Costco and TRU are right next to each other.  :-P

Damn I'll just pick him up from costco, I got a 10 dollar coupon there.
Posted Image

#5526 demonchylde

demonchylde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I know it's already been said here and elsewhere that I'm sure most of us frequent, however I have to say I cannot get over how freakin' massive Metroplex actually is. It's like being a kid again with a "my size" Transformer. And he is hefty too; fairly heavy for being all plastic. Some of his phrases are awesome, and the light up chest is cool and all, but for me (and my twisted sense of humor) it's all about the individually articulated fingers. Metroplex rode shotgun on my commute today, happily flipping the bird with both hands to all the other drivers.  ;)

katy-perry-elmo-bounce-o.gif

#5527 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I picked up Metroplex on Wednesday at costco.  I'll give it to my son for the holidays, he should be excited!

I had to hide that big box.

Glad you were able to pricematch at TRU good idea about using rewards points.   I actually get points for using costco card and they give money back at end of year I think.

How did Thomas96 get a coupon for costco?

I saw Kre-O Transformers Custom Kreon at TRU I got optimus and soundwave for my son.  I hope they are good-did anyone get these?

Anybody seen these in a store -TRANSFORMERS 3" BLINDBOX MINI SERIES?  or do you have to buy online?  Are these nice?
Smile

#5528 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Heads up!

I picked up a number of Transformers on clearance today.  I got Abominus ($7.48), Darksteel ($9.99) and Sharkticon Megatron ($13.98).  I also saw Shockwave ($13.98).

This is not all Targets, as I was at one yesterday that had no Transformers of any kind on clearance.  I thought it was worth mentioning, though.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5529 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Oh man, those are some good prices.  Was just at Target yesterday that had the Ultimate Predaking on sale... for 3 cents off.  Seriously.  59.96.  With a big sale tag.   sigh.

Part of me wants the Ultimate scale Prime and Predaking, but they look like supersized basic figures and are 60 bucks each... C'mon clearance/sale!

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5530 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Finally got around to Costco and they still haven't received any in the Inland Empire, they said they were scheduled to get some almost 2 weeks ago but still haven't came in.

#5531 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

It's time for a shockwave masterpiece figure.......
Posted Image

#5532 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Are they done with masterpieces this year? Any idea who is next?

I would love a Devastator masterpiece. That would be awesome.

#5533 wastedyouth

wastedyouth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

G2 Sideswipe is coming out the beginning of next year. Wheeljack and Bumblebee are next. Also heard something about Ultra Magnus w/ combinable trailer

#5534 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Prowl and Bluestreak are available from importers, I don't think Smokescreen is out yet but should be by the end of the year.  The ones wastedyouth posted appear to be scheduled for next year, as well as a Soundblaster repaint of Soundwave is coming with a Ratbat cassette.

On November 19th, Takara Tomy will announce the winner of the fan poll for which Autobot / Maximal / Cybertron leader should get the Masterpiece treatment as part of the 30th anniversary.  Some Googling finds articles in July saying Star Saber was leading, followed by Armada Optimus and Dai Atlas, don't know if there are more recent updates.

There's a 20% off purchase coupon on the Toys R Us home site, good until Nov 2nd.

#5535 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

C'mon Hasbro, work out your licensing so we can see the new MP's stateside!  They could get licensed cars for movie and Alternators, so it should be possible right?

Just don't want to pay that much for such small figs, regardless of how good they are.

MP BB, if it happens, might break me, provided it follows the others with a G1-esque mode, but what happened to VW not wanting their stuff associated with "war" (why BB was a camero for the movies etc)?

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5536 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

It's time for a shockwave masterpiece figure.......

You could spring for a Quakewave.

#5537 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

You could spring for a Quakewave.

I was thinking about that and then I found out he doesn't make the gun sounds. The sounds were the best part of the toy. I wish I would have took better care of shockwave when I had him. If I could only go back in time.
Posted Image

#5538 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

I got my MP Bluestreak from BBTS.  I love Bluestreak but I'm a bit disappointed.  It looks beautiful but feels more like a $10-15 toy than a masterpiece, materials-wise.  I don't think I will be picking up Prowl or Smokescreen.

Metroplex I must get though...to Costco!

#5539 wastedyouth

wastedyouth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm really looking forward to Wheeljack. He was one of my favorites in G1. One of my first transformer toys too

#5540 wastedyouth

wastedyouth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

For those still looking for Metroplex

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

#5541 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

So this is a newb question but years ago when the first MP came stateside, I got the first issue Optimus that came to TRU. I still love that toy but the whole thing has become really confusing with all the reissues and many not coming stateside. If I was looking to spend around 100-150 max per figure are there any worth chasing down on ebay? I remember seeing the Grimlock TRU for 70 bucks years ago and regret not buying it so that would be one I'm interested in. I've seen the Sideswipe, Prowl, and Red Alert as low as 60-70 coming from china but Soundwave is 100 minimum. Is this a case of knock offs or fakes being sold? Are the smaller cars just less expensive? Are they more cheaply made? A quick primer would be great if anyone knows a good reference or has some pointers for me.

#5542 gwing00

gwing00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

The TRU Soundwave is definitely worth it with all the extras compared to the Takara version but if you dont mind the gold chroming on Optimus, you may want to wait and see how much the Year of the Horse MP-10 reissue will be.

"I like to let people talk who like to talk. It lets me find out how full of sh!t they are." Jackie Chan, Rush Hour

#5543 wastedyouth

wastedyouth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Prowl, Blue Streak, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Smokescreen, Bumblebee, and Wheeljack are all smaller and fit in Optimus's trailer so they are usually $75-$80 after import fees.

Starscream and Sunstorm are $175 to $200 for the japanese versions.

Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Acid Storm US Versions can be had for $60 to $100 on the secondary market.

Megatron, Grimlock, and Ultra Magnus are $200+ import

#5544 equest943

equest943

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Where is a good site for me to sell some of the MISB Transformers I am looking to offload?  I don't have a trade/sell history other than what I have here on CAG.

I have ROTF Leader Class Jetfire, ROTF Leader Class Shadow Command Megatron, and TRU MP Grimlock.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Try to unload the MP Grimlock on eBay. I bought one for my brother in law for his birthday and then returned the one I bought for myself because I needed the money.  They get something like $180 or so.  Best of luck on it. I don't know if anyone looks for old ROTF stuff.  

#5545 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

http://www.amazon.co..._tYA-gp_0_0_0_0

Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive]

$49.99

#5546 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

$49.99

Sheesh!  That's a great deal.  If you don't have a Predaking, you have no excuse.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5547 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

in for two predakings

Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#5548 tilcfast

tilcfast

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

$49.99

Dammit! Missed the $49.99 price. That was a great deal for this set.

#5549 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Online retailers have posted pics of a prototype MP Wheeljack.

http://www.tfw2005.c...evealed-179038/

#5550 michaema

michaema

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Not much transformer love here lately.