Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Transformers Toys - Deals & Discussion

Transformers Autobot Deception Beast Wars Optimus Prime Megatron Hasbro Takara SDCC Botcon

• Please log in to reply
5938 replies to this topic

#5911 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

My son picked up Rattrap and Rhinox lately and now is interested in the Beast Wars line.  Question:  Did Waspinator release earlier this year and we just didn't see it?  I've seen Dreadwing, Goldfire, and I think Skids too, but I don't remember seeing Waspinator.  We're trying to figure out whether to wait for it to show up in store or just order online somewhere. 

Thanks for any info.

Waspinator did show up in many places, but I personally never saw it.  In some places, it was maybe a case per store and never restocked, meaning it was very easy to miss. 

It is (or was recently) available on HasbroToyShop.com.  Also, I was at a small action figure shop a few weeks ago, and they had plenty of Waspinator, Skids, and all the new guys.

I have not seen it at Target, but the only new stock I've seen at Target recently has been Voyagers. 

I think it's a pretty good bet that Waspinator will reship to stores, but if you want to be sure, you can get it online and it should not cost the ridiculous prices it was getting a month ago.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5912 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:16 AM

Waspinator has been hitting TRU and Walmarts lately

#5913 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the confirmation Zmonkay!  Here are some phone camera quality pics:

http://i.imgur.com/ni7069E.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EP0sYav.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CLYzzjB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l6xIBBq.jpg

Let me know what you think and thanks again!

As far as I can tell from pics looks totally legit.  Nice pick up!

and demonchylde, isn't that a re-release of Leader Class B from... I forget which previous movie.  I remember not being too overly impressed with it at the time though.

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#5914 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thanks Rey and Blandstalker.  We'll keep looking...sometimes it's more about the hunt!

Posted Image

#5915 demonchylde

demonchylde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

and demonchylde, isn't that a re-release of Leader Class B from... I forget which previous movie.  I remember not being too overly impressed with it at the time though.

I did a quick search, since I didn't know the answer to this question. It turns out this mold looks exactly like MechTech Leader Class Bumblebee from Dark of the Moon, but without the crappy mech-tech gimmick. Essentially the same MSRP though, so there's that. :)

And for what it's worth, 180husher, I stumbled across Waspinator at a Target a month or so ago and happened upon Ratrap just the other day, at a different Target. (Unless I'm missing something, Ratrap didn't even appear in the comic book packed in with his figure.)

katy-perry-elmo-bounce-o.gif

#5916 Hugoboss

Hugoboss

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

Has anyone picked up any of the Platinum Edition TFs?  I was thinking of getting OP YOTH and Bruticus/Grimlock figures.

#5917 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

i have the predaking and the bruticus/grimlock figures.  i have an extra predaking if you are interested.  i love them.  sitting right next to my anime colored devastator

Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#5918 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

I have a YotH Optimus that I was looking to sell. Let me know if you are interested

#5919 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

Predaking is great.  I have a G1 Predaking, but it's also very nice to have the all-metal, pristine Platinum version.  I would not spend too much on Predaking, as there is a glut of them.  There's no guarantee it will be half price again, but it's also probably not going to skyrocket in value.

Unless you need the Grimlock, you can get a set of the Takara Japanese Bruticus figures for less than the cost of the Platinum set.  Their paint job is even better.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#5920 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

Just saw BBTS is now taking preorders on TF MP 30th Anniversary Megatron!  Not sure if anyone is jumping on it for $200!

I thought about it.... I really wish they would redesign that figure, I don't like his robot mode.  I was also thinking about getting some of those Dinobot figures (also 200).  I don't tihnk Hasbro will make more Masterpiece Dinobots.  

I think I might skip Megatron and pick up Ultra Magnus and Star Saber.  Or I might just buy every damn thing.

Posted Image

#5921 Hugoboss

Hugoboss

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

I thought about it.... I really wish they would redesign that figure, I don't like his robot mode.  I was also thinking about getting some of those Dinobot figures (also 200).  I don't tihnk Hasbro will make more Masterpiece Dinobots.  

I think I might skip Megatron and pick up Ultra Magnus and Star Saber.  Or I might just buy every damn thing.

Yeah, I've pretty much preordered every single ones, sans Megatron.  But since I don't have him yet, I MAY cop one.  We'll see...

#5922 Hugoboss

Hugoboss

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

Predaking is great.  I have a G1 Predaking, but it's also very nice to have the all-metal, pristine Platinum version.  I would not spend too much on Predaking, as there is a glut of them.  There's no guarantee it will be half price again, but it's also probably not going to skyrocket in value.

Unless you need the Grimlock, you can get a set of the Takara Japanese Bruticus figures for less than the cost of the Platinum set.  Their paint job is even better.

Does Predaking scale "well" with MPs?  I know they're two different lines.

#5923 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

Megatron is my favorite MP after Soundwave, and one of my fave TF's ever.  Fiddly as hell and waaaay over-engineered.  In other words exactly what I'm looking for in a TF :D  Only downside is its fragile to the point that if you look at it wrong a small clip will break off somewhere, but at least the clips that broke on mine don't keep him from tabbing in nicely in either mode.

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#5924 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

I like him simply because he is Megatron and an MP but otherwise he's pretty much blah. When the re-release was announced a couple weeks ago it just renewed fandom's called for an updated mold. Ever since the superior MP 10 mold was released everyone has pretty much assumed we'd get a new Megs too. Nothing beyond Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus (which are next month I believe) and Star Saber (I know I am in the minority but I don't care about this one) have been announced so maybe we'll get some new info at Toy Fair.

#5925 n10zguy

n10zguy

Da Hawt Gay Geek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

TFCon USA happening next weekend. anyone else going?

#5926 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

Out of nowhere today a co worker gave me some older transformers. He was cleaning his attic for a move and knew I was a collector. I could not believe what he gave me. He said I had to either take it, or they go to Goodwill. 

1) G1 Jetfire - The box is beat up, but the toy itself is mint. It has no yellowing at all, joints are tight and it has all of the attachments, instructions and get this, the stickers were never applied. 

2) G1 Starscream - Box, toy is mint, all attachments, and instructions.

When I got home, my jaw dropped at the quality the toys were in. I have not seen a Jetfire in this condition since I was a kid and it was brand new.

Attached Thumbnails

• woah!.jpg

#5927 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:40 AM

excellent

#5928 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

Holy crap congrats tukai!  Best co-worker ever!

And about TFCon, despite being really close, I've already got plans so won't be attending.  Never actually been to any con.  Maybe one day...

#5929 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Tukai you better take that co worker out for some lunches, drinks after work or a nice Christmas gift.

#5930 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

Wow, great luck tukai. I'm with ryosnk, you better take him to lunch or something. That's pretty kick ass!

No one else mentioned it but that MP Megatron re-release is actually gold chromed. Lots of folks on the BBTS Facebook page said that this made them cancel their orders. We all just want a new MP 10 scaled Megatron mold damn it!

#5931 Hugoboss

Hugoboss

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

Wow, great luck tukai. I'm with ryosnk, you better take him to lunch or something. That's pretty kick ass!

No one else mentioned it but that MP Megatron re-release is actually gold chromed. Lots of folks on the BBTS Facebook page said that this made them cancel their orders. We all just want a new MP 10 scaled Megatron mold damn it!

I saw that.  I tell you what, if the price drops tremendously, then I may cop one since I don't have Megatron in my collection...

#5932 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:21 AM

Just received my sen-ti-nel Optimus Prime pen-former. Interestingly it does say "Optimus Prime" on the box and not "Convoy." Paint is excellent and metallic (and is at least not eager to flake or scratch), plastic feels a bit worrisome but not obviously brittle or thin. What worried me was that even  with Optimus' head fully collapsed, you still sort of scrape his antennae when flipping up his chest during transformation. When I heard the plastic "clink" I was afraid I'd broken off the tip of his "ears," but everything seemed fine.

Arm articulation is very, very good thanks to the double-ball-jointed shoulders, balljoint bicep, and double-swivel elbows (no rotation there, though). "Skirts" (front/left/right) are moveable, but leg articulation at the hip is only alright. Knees bend ~90 degrees back but have nothing else. Ankles are on ball joints, but the lack of knee/thigh/calf rotations limits leg poseability. There are these little long flap things on his legs that move up to fill in the space between his legs when in pen mode, but the've got such a wide range of movement on more axes than required that I wonder if they have some other purpose.

Pen mode measures about 4-5in. and is really solid around the "leg" portion where you're gripping. The upper body theoretically slots together, but stays put regardless of trying to fully shove the arms together. I haven't actually tried writing with him, and nor do I ever intend to.

fOYxV3j.jpg?1

Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#5933 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

Anyone have the Generations Minicon Assault figure(s)? Thinking about getting them for my son since Cartwheel's got the 30% coupon and he'll love the fact that they combine into one figure.

#5934 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Its a nice figure if you dont open it  :)

#5935 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

What's wrong with it specifically?

#5936 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

The done changed just now.

Hasbro Asia exclusive - Out on January 5 2015  - MP-11SW Skywarp

http://www.tfw2005.c...sw-skywarp.html

Kids, wife and bills be damned. I am getting this.

#5937 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:13 PM

Out of nowhere today a co worker gave me some older transformers. He was cleaning his attic for a move and knew I was a collector. I could not believe what he gave me. He said I had to either take it, or they go to Goodwill. 

1) G1 Jetfire - The box is beat up, but the toy itself is mint. It has no yellowing at all, joints are tight and it has all of the attachments, instructions and get this, the stickers were never applied. 

2) G1 Starscream - Box, toy is mint, all attachments, and instructions.

When I got home, my jaw dropped at the quality the toys were in. I have not seen a Jetfire in this condition since I was a kid and it was brand new.

I hate you so fucking much! But only because I'm jelly... :rofl:
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#5938 Hugoboss

Hugoboss

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:11 AM

The done changed just now.

Hasbro Asia exclusive - Out on January 5 2015  - MP-11SW Skywarp

http://www.tfw2005.c...sw-skywarp.html

Kids, wife and bills be damned. I am getting this.

Jumping on this too!  Damn....between now and March will be brutal on the wallet!

#5939 J Rokk

J Rokk

- The IT Factor -

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:56 AM

I hate you so fucking much! But only because I'm jelly... :rofl:

I hate you all, especially because I don't have but about 3 pieces in my collection. :(

(Joking you guys are the coowest I'm uber jealous...)

:bouncy:

Been away from gaming for almost a year and a half. It feels good to be back, now I just have to catch up on a lot of good titles I have missed out on over the last two years = huge backlog for me.

:3ds: 12/1/2013 - Currently playing - Nintendo 3DS (Mario and Luigi: Dream Team)

Upgrading PS3 hard drive then hoping to dive into "The Last of Us"