New Official Kansas City Cag Thread

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

Yeah i grew up in Indep. so i think i know what you mean.I may not check out the new Gamestop until they have a BOGO sale again.

I just moved to Independence a few years ago... I honestly don't think it's that bad, yet everyone I talk to say it's a sh!thole. I say f them. :lol:

#32 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Just a follow up. It looks like Game Exchange's last day is going to probably be this Saturday. They dropped prices on some of the games again too. SNES and NES games are now 70% marked price amount other things.

#33 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

I just moved to Independence a few years ago... I honestly don't think it's that bad, yet everyone I talk to say it's a sh!thole. I say f them. :lol:

It has gone downhill a little,but its not like its ghetto or anything.It was known as the meth capital of the world,but i never came across anybody who used it.

#34 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

If theirs anyone on the hunt for a Wii U I found a few in shops today. The Target in Independence on 39th had 3 deluxes (well 2 now, I picked one up) and 3 regs. The Kmart in Independence on Noland and I-70 has one deluxe and 3 regs. And I heard through the grapevine that the Walmart in Raytown have both but I don't know the count.

Posted Image

#35 InfinityCartier

InfinityCartier

segga tapes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Any guess as to how busy the gamestop in lees summit will be for the midnight opening?
Posted Image

#36 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

How did everyone do on deal hunting on Black Friday? Any interesting stories?

Posted Image

#37 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

The K-Mart on Shawnee Mission Parkway and I-35 is closing (again) so all video game stuff is on clearance. Last time I was there a week or so ago clearance percentages were pretty weak (maybe 10-20%?). Might be worth keeping an eye on it.

I didn't check to see if they were somehow excluded or not, but they did have a bunch of Vita consoles in the case.

#38 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Kmart closing. May have to swing in there to check on 3dsxls.

#39 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Woo! If Vita is on clearance I am THERE!!!! :D

Especially if AC Liberations bundle is part of it.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#40 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Dropped by that Kmart today - nothing left worth mentioning, down to 30% off. There's an army of Halo Reach and Epic Mickey LEs (as well as the Xbox 360 game 'Morph' which I'd never seen before in my life). Nothing that couldn't be gotten cheaper elsewhere, all consoles gone.

#41 airblade

airblade

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

We need more activity here :(

#42 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Vintage Stock is having the annual Memorial Day B2G1 on pretty much everything in the store (except consoles).

They are also having B1G1 for trading cards and Back Issues of comic books.

#43 airblade

airblade

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Vintage Stock is having the annual Memorial Day B2G1 on pretty much everything in the store (except consoles).

They are also having B1G1 for trading cards and Back Issues of comic books.

Vintage Stock is way overpriced.

#44 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hey you wanted more action! I am trying to fulfill your request! :) :)

#45 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

If only other stores gave us something to talk about.

#46 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Kmart at Santa Fe (135th) and I-35 is closing.  Consoles only 10% off so far, but they have a pretty good stack of WiiUs on the shelf and one Vita left (down to $225 with the 10%).  I never could get a bead on the markdown schedule for the last Kmart closing off Shawnee Mission Parkway, but I think it lasted about 2-3 months so I would check middle of next week if you're interested.

#47 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Kmart at Santa Fe (135th) and I-35 is closing.  Consoles only 10% off so far, but they have a pretty good stack of WiiUs on the shelf and one Vita left (down to $225 with the 10%).  I never could get a bead on the markdown schedule for the last Kmart closing off Shawnee Mission Parkway, but I think it lasted about 2-3 months so I would check middle of next week if you're interested.

I would be tempted to pick up a WiiU, but it's going to need more than a 10% drop.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm honestly surprised that store lasted as long as it did...

#48 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

has anyone seen any stores with decent clearance lately? the kmart by metro north mall used to have alot but now its all gone. the target near there and the target in liberty barely put anything out anymore. i gave up on the sears in antioch mall and the kmart across the street because i never found anything but i might need to go by there sometime if i am in the area, all the decent clearance deals are drying up.

#49 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's been pretty dead around the metro from what I've seen, at least down here on the south side.

It's been tough to find any decent deals with a lot of the stores scaling back their media sections.

"Like a great blue salmon of Justice, the mighty Tick courses upstream to the very spawning ground of evil."

#50 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's been pretty dead around the metro from what I've seen, at least down here on the south side.

It's been tough to find any decent deals with a lot of the stores scaling back their media sections.

Agreed,for a while there i was picking up more backlog games than i could handle.I'm pretty well caught up now and looking for cheap games lol.May go by a Blockbuster and get in the BOGO sale.

Posted Image

#51 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Well, looks like the K-Mart on Bannister is closing too. Same thing, electronics are at 10% off.

Still quite a few games. Newest thing I saw in the case was Deadpool.

Hardware-wise a couple PS3 bundles, a few black Wiis, a couple 3DSs, and a couple 3DSXLs.

"Like a great blue salmon of Justice, the mighty Tick courses upstream to the very spawning ground of evil."

#52 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

The north side seem to be pretty dead also...  Though I don't get out much.

The The Wal-Mart on Boardwalk (by Zona Rosa) is clearance out PS3/360 games in preparation for  next gen and I suspect all Wal-Marts are doing so now...  Didn't really see any good deals though.

#53 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Has anyone seen any of the clearance console at any of the Targets around the metro?

http://www.cheapassg...xi-ymmv/page-86

I know someone in the target thread mentioned the Mission Target, but didn't know if anyone had been seeing them anywhere else.

The in-store tracker doesn't show anything for any of the DCPIs I checked, but we all know those can't be trusted.

Just curious, I haven't had the chance to poke around.

#54 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Independence Target doesn't have anything. They haven't had the models on clearance for quite a while actually.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#55 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

I started a new thread regarding the topic, but I'll ask it here too. Regarding the Vintage Stocks in the area, does anyone know where they pull trade-in values from? I have some ps2/xbox games I want to get rid of but would prefer to not get .25 per game.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#56 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Vintage stock gives a third cash of what they sell the game for. And then if you do credit they give an additional 50%. So, for example...

if they sell a game for $12, they give you $4 cash, or $6 credit.

At least, that's how I understand it to work. I believe it can vary based on how much demand there is for the games as well.  They do pay much better for ps2 games than gamestop did when they still took them.

#57 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

Has anyone seen any of the clearance console at any of the Targets around the metro?

http://www.cheapassg...xi-ymmv/page-86

I know someone in the target thread mentioned the Mission Target, but didn't know if anyone had been seeing them anywhere else.

The in-store tracker doesn't show anything for any of the DCPIs I checked, but we all know those can't be trusted.

Just curious, I haven't had the chance to poke around.

The dpci that was initially being bandied about wasn't accurate I think - should be 207-21-0018 (I think, that's from memory) for the MW3 bundle which showed at a number of targets via the checker (and it's possible that the gears 3 bundle shares the same dpci).

Mission Target still has a few at 50% off, I'm going to pretend that no one will buy them all week so they'll drop next week.  Haven't been back to the closing Kmart off Santa Fe/I35 yet but I imagine if they still have consoles they should be fairly cheap by now.  I would also expect a new round of clearance stuff at NFM but I'm never in that neck of the woods so I haven't checked.

#58 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

Vintage stock gives a third cash of what they sell the game for. And then if you do credit they give an additional 50%. So, for example...

if they sell a game for $12, they give you $4 cash, or $6 credit.

At least, that's how I understand it to work. I believe it can vary based on how much demand there is for the games as well.  They do pay much better for ps2 games than gamestop did when they still took them.

Do they knock down value if the game is disc only, missing manual, etc?

Based on that I'm seriously considering dumping this load of games on them as they aren't moving at all for me.

#59 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

There's definitely truth in that. When I was clearing out a lot of my PS2/XBOX generation stuff a couple years ago there were several games I was quoted at < $1 on. Weirdly enough I have better luck taking them into Half Price Books than Vintage Stock.

I would say if you have some higher profile titles or some harder to find stuff, Vintage Stock is definitely the way to go. But if it's a lot of run of the mill stuff, give Half Price a shot too (assuming you live near one of them).

#60 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

If anyone here or anyone you know is interested in Magic The Gathering, Yeti Gaming, a TCG store in the STL area, is doing a Standard tournament on Saturday for an Alpha Mox Emerald that sells on the open market for just under $1000. $25 entry fee, standard constructed format with M14 legal.

Spoiler

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png