New Official Kansas City Cag Thread

Chitown021

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I don't know how many CAG members live in the Kansas City metro area but I wanted to start a thread to share information about deals in our area.

I had found one other thread like this but it looks like it died about a year ago.

PS3's spotted at Kansas City Target stores today 11/27/06

I got a call from a friend who was in the middle of purchasing a 60GB unit (Kansas City MO store). I arrived just in time to see the last unit walk out the door. I confirmed that the Metro North and Liberty locations also received shipments but I didn't make it to those stores in time either.

Heads up check your local Target stores.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Seems like there is at least one PS3 at every Kmart, Target, and Sears that I have been to, but no Nintendo Wiis![/quote]

I've noticed that myself. It's amazing that Wii's are STILL that scarce. It took me until Jan to snag mine. I got it because I was off work one day and was able to respond to the Itrackr alert right away.

Just went to Vintage Stock this weekend to see this great sale... Memorial Day Weekend, VS will have a buy 2 get 1 free on Blu Rays, older comics, and some other great stuff. Not sure if games will be included....

I certainly would like to buy a copy of Dragon Quest 9 this afternoon instead of on the street date two days from now. I wonder if any place in town is selling it early.

[quote name='Duane Cunningham']I certainly would like to buy a copy of Dragon Quest 9 this afternoon instead of on the street date two days from now. I wonder if any place in town is selling it early.[/QUOTE]

Duane,
You might check the Gamestop in Independence Center (or the one across the street). They are known to sell games before street date (MW2, RDR, and ME2).

As always, YMMV.

Just went to Vintage Stock in Blue Springs, MO and they are having a Labor Day Sale. Buy 2 get 1 free on pretty much every used item they have in stock...

There is Gameco in Overland Park at 95th and Quivera, in the shopping center with a Hy-Vee and TRU, that is closing. Right now most stuff is 50% off. Although some of the prices weren't low to begin with on some items so you may or may not find a deal. I picked up Star Ocean: Till the End of Time CIB for $10.

Not a video game deal, but I have a way to see an advanced screening of Green Lantern (if you arrive early enough since it's first come-everyone else go home). If you are near Olathe, KS go to www.gofobo.com/rsvp and put in the code P5J3L9XW.

Screening is at 7:30 on 6/15 at AMC 30. The code is reusable but the account it's issued to is not. So you would have to create multiple accounts if you want to print out a lot.

Just thought I would share it.

Everybody is sold out of them... Office Max in Blue Springs has a hoard of them that they are just sitting on.

[quote name='Sarang01']Anyone heard about some HP Touchpads around lately?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iambeaker']Everybody is sold out of them... Office Max in Blue Springs has a hoard of them that they are just sitting on.[/QUOTE]

So is our Best Buy area the ONLY one that didn't get restocked with them?

I was even hoping I might be able to stop by a K-Mart or Home Depot and pick one up. Sigh.

Haven't seen much activity on this thread, and not sure if this is the right place for it but I'll toss it out here.

Game Exchange (local mom and pop used game store) is closing in Lee's Summit and Independence. They are doing 20-70% off games/dvds/accessories in store until they close up. They told me probably around the end of May will be the end. Lee's Summit store I think is already closed, and it's only the Independence store that is remaining open until they liquidate stock.

http://www.kcgamexchange.com/

Picked up some good Xbox 1, PS2, Gameboy Advance, and SNES games for cheap the other week.

Good people, sad to see them go.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Haven't seen much activity on this thread, and not sure if this is the right place for it but I'll toss it out here.

Game Exchange (local mom and pop used game store) is closing in Lee's Summit and Independence. They are doing 20-70% off games/dvds/accessories in store until they close up. They told me probably around the end of May will be the end. Lee's Summit store I think is already closed, and it's only the Independence store that is remaining open until they liquidate stock.

http://www.kcgamexchange.com/

Picked up some good Xbox 1, PS2, Gameboy Advance, and SNES games for cheap the other week.

Good people, sad to see them go.[/QUOTE]
I always drive by the one in Lee's Summit,but never did go in there.Finally getting a Gamestop here,don't know why they never got one before now.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I always drive by the one in Lee's Summit,but never did go in there.Finally getting a Gamestop here,don't know why they never got one before now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't realize there wasn't one in Lee's Summit. There are four in Independence alone.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Wow, didn't realize there wasn't one in Lee's Summit. There are four in Independence alone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i know it always amazed me,i'm sure i'll go there once in a while,when they open.

I went by the Lee's Summit store a couple of times but I didn't find a whole lot of great deals. Maybe I should hit the independence one, even though I hate independence.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the gamestop in ls is open now.

[quote name='InfinityCartier']I went by the Lee's Summit store a couple of times but I didn't find a whole lot of great deals. Maybe I should hit the independence one, even though I hate independence.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the gamestop in ls is open now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i grew up in Indep. so i think i know what you mean.I may not check out the new Gamestop until they have a BOGO sale again.

In case anyone was looking the Best Buy in Tiffany Springs, its off of 152 close to Rona Rosa in the Northland, has NO copies of Diablo III Collector's Edition for non preorder sale.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Yeah i grew up in Indep. so i think i know what you mean.I may not check out the new Gamestop until they have a BOGO sale again.[/QUOTE]

I just moved to Independence a few years ago... I honestly don't think it's that bad, yet everyone I talk to say it's a sh!thole. I say f them. :lol:

Just a follow up. It looks like Game Exchange's last day is going to probably be this Saturday. They dropped prices on some of the games again too. SNES and NES games are now 70% marked price amount other things.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I just moved to Independence a few years ago... I honestly don't think it's that bad, yet everyone I talk to say it's a sh!thole. I say f them. :lol:[/QUOTE]
It has gone downhill a little,but its not like its ghetto or anything.It was known as the meth capital of the world,but i never came across anybody who used it.

If theirs anyone on the hunt for a Wii U I found a few in shops today. The Target in Independence on 39th had 3 deluxes (well 2 now, I picked one up) and 3 regs. The Kmart in Independence on Noland and I-70 has one deluxe and 3 regs. And I heard through the grapevine that the Walmart in Raytown have both but I don't know the count.

The K-Mart on Shawnee Mission Parkway and I-35 is closing (again) so all video game stuff is on clearance. Last time I was there a week or so ago clearance percentages were pretty weak (maybe 10-20%?). Might be worth keeping an eye on it.

I didn't check to see if they were somehow excluded or not, but they did have a bunch of Vita consoles in the case.

Dropped by that Kmart today - nothing left worth mentioning, down to 30% off. There's an army of Halo Reach and Epic Mickey LEs (as well as the Xbox 360 game 'Morph' which I'd never seen before in my life). Nothing that couldn't be gotten cheaper elsewhere, all consoles gone.

Vintage Stock is having the annual Memorial Day B2G1 on pretty much everything in the store (except consoles).

They are also having B1G1 for trading cards and Back Issues of comic books.

[quote name='iambeaker']Vintage Stock is having the annual Memorial Day B2G1 on pretty much everything in the store (except consoles).

They are also having B1G1 for trading cards and Back Issues of comic books.[/QUOTE]

Vintage Stock is way overpriced.

Kmart at Santa Fe (135th) and I-35 is closing.  Consoles only 10% off so far, but they have a pretty good stack of WiiUs on the shelf and one Vita left (down to $225 with the 10%).  I never could get a bead on the markdown schedule for the last Kmart closing off Shawnee Mission Parkway, but I think it lasted about 2-3 months so I would check middle of next week if you're interested.

Kmart at Santa Fe (135th) and I-35 is closing. Consoles only 10% off so far, but they have a pretty good stack of WiiUs on the shelf and one Vita left (down to $225 with the 10%). I never could get a bead on the markdown schedule for the last Kmart closing off Shawnee Mission Parkway, but I think it lasted about 2-3 months so I would check middle of next week if you're interested.
I would be tempted to pick up a WiiU, but it's going to need more than a 10% drop.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm honestly surprised that store lasted as long as it did...

has anyone seen any stores with decent clearance lately? the kmart by metro north mall used to have alot but now its all gone. the target near there and the target in liberty barely put anything out anymore. i gave up on the sears in antioch mall and the kmart across the street because i never found anything but i might need to go by there sometime if i am in the area, all the decent clearance deals are drying up.

It's been pretty dead around the metro from what I've seen, at least down here on the south side.

It's been tough to find any decent deals with a lot of the stores scaling back their media sections.

bread's done
Back