Online Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Voting is now open for Online Deal of the Year.
This award goes to the single best specific online deal or sale of 2006.

Google Checkout Discounts
Amazon: Xbox 360 Core $100
Amazon: Black Friday Sale
Circuit City Summer Clearance
Play-Asia: $40 Region Free Xbox 360 Games

Guessing most people are going to say Overstock's (I think it was them) $10 off coupon fiasco. But since I didn't get in on that, I'm going to say Play-Asia's summer sale. Definitely limited in appeal, but for importers, it was a godsend.

Google Checkout $20 off $50.

Being right during the holidays, this probably saved me at least $100 in one month.

I put this in the online retailer thread, but it fits better here. The Amazon/TRU old-style Nintendo DS Nintendogs Best Friends and Animal Crossing bundles (where you could add a free $20 toy to the shipment as well). I was able to get a second DS for my kids (as well as a nice Magnetix set) to use for about $50 out of that (after selling the Nintendogs game on ebay ;)).

Then there was that Overstock thing where I got a couple games for like $2 each. Yeah, that was pretty good - but since that was a mistake/glitch I'm not sure if it really should count. It was more than $10, though, wasn't it? I'm thinking it was $20, since I got God Of War for about $2 out of it ($20 + shipping - $20).

Then again, Google Checkout combined with the Toys R Us $25 deal on Final Fantasy XII was pretty nice too ;).

[quote name='reiji']Google Checkout $20 off $50.

Being right during the holidays, this probably saved me at least $100 in one month.[/QUOTE]

Seconded for buy.com's 20 off 50/10 off 30 GCO promotion. Absolutely no contest. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on useless crap through November and December.

The Circuit City early summer clearance. $1.96 F-zero GC and #3.96 PoP: 2 XB ftw?

And another vote for Google Checkout $20 off $50.

Well definately Amazon's black friday sale and more importantly the Core Xbox 360's for 100 dollars if you could get one.

A close second is google checkout $10 off $10 items was good one.

CC's sale in late summer. I got Ghost Recon 2, MVP Baseball 2005, Viewtiful Joe 2, and Legacy of Kain: Defiance for around $21.

EBGames.com's coupon stacking adventure didn't end till mid-06 right? Like March or something?

I'll say that. CAG15(6)+Edge Card+SAVER. :) I miss the morning updates and saving 25% on every thing used I ever bought. :(

$10 off any purchase gamestop online. It was with the xbox live diamon card yet some cags just posted their livetags and it worked for all of us. Got 17 games for $33 from that.

I think Google Checkout is the best choice... you could save $10 off $30 at tons of stores and $20 off of $50 from Buy.com.

I picked up tons of stuff but didn't get to make any good game purchases since all the games I wanted were sold out.

The CC summer clearance, and the $10 off $30 with Google Check out....If I had to JUST pick one..then its google checkout :)

[quote name='Cormier6083']Amazon's Black Friday $100 Xbox-a-thon.[/QUOTE]

For those that are nominating this it is actually a deal that happened on Thanksgiving not on Black Friday.

Either CC July Clearance or RightStuf's Bountiful Anime Sale (25 dvds for $100 shipped).

With the price of each disc being $4, and the ease of sitting at home choosing what I want rather than having to drive around hoping to find what was on the list, I'm gonna nominate the Rightstuf sale.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wal-Mart's $25 Samurai Champloo COMPLETE boxset price error.[/quote]That was in 2007 though, wasn't it? I thought this was for 2006 only.(?)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll say in general the Google checkout... though I have yet to use it >_

Both of Overstock's coupons. I got Ridge Racer 6 for the 360 brand new for $1.40 shipped when they had the $20 off any purchase coupon. Also, when they had 20% off I bought my (second) premium 360 for Around $320 shipped.

That mass of Play-Asia coupons that actually made its way around this year. That is what i would consider to be the best part of the CAG community.

Amazon selling Wii's at 8:00 in th emorning the day after the press confrence for price and date was held. I love my Wii, and I love amazon. Also, no tax and $4 1 day shipping

Even though it seemed like nobody was able to get it (damn site was flooded even befroe the sale started) I would have to go with the $100 Amazon XBox 360 Core deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back