1/19 New York and Amsterdam 3DS events - 3DS $249.99, March 27th, 2011

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
Next up is an event happening that should be of interest to those in the US and Europe. On January 19th, Nintendo will be holding press-only events simultaneously in New York and Amsterdam. It is expected that the launch details for the 3DS in the US and Europe will be announced (Release date, Price, Launch titles, etc.). It'll remains to be seen whether we'll have streams or live-blogs of this event.

[size=+1]Reminder: 3DS Press Event (Invite-only); January 19th; New York 9AM EST, Amsterdam 3PM CET;
[/size]
(As previously mentioned, the events will start simultaneously)

Live-Stream of New York event at GameSpot
Nintendo of Europe live-stream of the Amsterdam event
Nintendo of America's Twitter

-------------------------------------------
Nintendo World 2011 info (OLD):

There are some pretty big events this month for 3DS, so it might be worth making a topic for them.

First up is the Nintendo World 2011 event in Japan at Makuhari Messe, which has already started and lasts until January 10th in Japan. It's a 3DS demo event that is open to the public. Not much news is expected to come out of it, but there will likely be new impressions from Japan-based sources, and supposedly there will be a few guests.

There's an official Ustream of the NW2011 event's presentations here, and here's the page it's embedded into. Anoop of Andriasang is doing a Mobile Blog, and of course, the NeoGAF thread on the event.

Probably worth translating the Nintendo World 2011 streaming schedule, since it looks like they'll just loop commercials in between (All times listed are in Japan Standard Time):
January 8th (FINISHED): 1100-1130 AR Games and Mii Presentation
1230-1300 Nintendo Game Music Live (Donkey Kong Country Jungle Groove, Animal Crossing Wild World theme, a selection of K.K. Slider songs, Super Mario Medley, Legend of Zelda Medley)
1345-1415 Metal Gear Solid presentation
1500-1530 Kid Icarus Uprising presentation

January 9th (FINISHED): 1100-1130 AR Games and Mii Presentation
1230-1300 Nintendo Game Music Live
1345-1415 Super Street Fighter IV 3D presentation
1500-1530 Resident Evil presentation

January 10th (FINISHED): 1100-1130 AR Games and Mii Presentation
1230-1300 Nintendo Game Music Live
1330-1400 Level 5 presentation
1430-1500 Nintendogs+Cats presentation

Last edited by a moderator:
http://tinycartridge.com/post/2648139469/new-nintendo-3ds-trailers-ocarina-of-time-3ds-motion

Looks like Japan gets these launch games.

• Nintendogs + Cats (three editions; much like Wu-Tang, Nintendogs/cats are for the children)
  • Winning Eleven 3DSoccer (obligatory sports game)
  • Super Street Fighter IV (for hardcore gamers)
  • Sengoku Musou Chronicle (for musou fans)
  • Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble (for puzzle fans)
  • Ridge Racer 3D (obligatory racing game)
  • Combat of Giants (obligatory shovelware)
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (for casual gamers and those anticipating the Ace Attorney crossover, so pretty much everyone)

I was there today at Nintendo World 2011. I posted some details of my experiences with the games. You can see them here. I can't wait to buy the 3DS now.

So none of the big first-party titles (Zelda, Kid Icarus) are launch titles? That doesn't seem like a good idea. Have any Nintendo systems every launched without a strong 1st-party game? I'm pretty sure at least a Mario title has been ready to go for most of them.

[quote name='johnnypark']So none of the big first-party titles (Zelda, Kid Icarus) are launch titles? That doesn't seem like a good idea. Have any Nintendo systems every launched without a strong 1st-party game? I'm pretty sure at least a Mario title has been ready to go for most of them.[/QUOTE]
Didn'y Nintendogs sell millions upon millions? It is a big first-party title.

Also, thread title says 9AM, but OP says 9PM.

[quote name='pete5883']Didn'y Nintendogs sell millions upon millions?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it did, and the 3DS Nintendogs/cats will probably sell a lot as well.

[quote name='pete5883']Didn'y Nintendogs sell millions upon millions? It is a big first-party title.

Also, thread title says 9AM, but OP says 9PM.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. 9AM EST is the correct time, since the event in New York is supposed to coincide with the Amsterdam event.

Also, Nintendogs sold a combined 21.67 million copies worldwide, as of January 2009.

At about 7:30pm PST, they should be starting the stream for the second day's Nintendo Game Music Live concert. Today's AR demo had different guests, so it is possible that today's concert will feature different songs.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-world-2011

For those who missed yesterday's concert, Nintendo has it archived here:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/experience/nw2011/mov/stage0108_2.html
It was a Jazzy selection of Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Mario, and Zelda music.

EDIT: Looks like it's the same music, but in a different order. There's also a different guest composer today. Yesterday, it was Mahito Yokota playing the Zelda medley, today it was Kazumi Totaka playing the Animal Crossing medley.

I hope US has a stronger launch for the 3DS. I am not expecting tons of games but that list has no games I want to play, and I just don't want to have to buy a meh game to have something to play.

Koji Kondo loves to please the audience. He did an encore piano solo after today's concert; NSMB theme, Galaxy observatory song, Yoshi's Island Athletic, Super Mario World Athletic.

Yeah I'm super excited for the 3DS.:bouncy: Not really impressed with the Japan launch titles, except for Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. I can never get enough of Street Fighter.

The Amsterdam event will have an official live stream:
http://live.nintendo3ds.nintendo-europe.com/

As pointed out in the other thread, the Amsterdam event will be hosted by Jonathan Ross, and judging by the simultaneous start time, it should contain similar info to the New York conference, adapted for Europe. No word yet on whether the New York event will have a similar live stream, though we should expect some live blogs to pop up.

[quote name='utopianmachine']http://tinycartridge.com/post/2648139469/new-nintendo-3ds-trailers-ocarina-of-time-3ds-motion

• Nintendogs + Cats (three editions; much like Wu-Tang, Nintendogs/cats are for the children)
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (for casual gamers and those anticipating the Ace Attorney crossover, so pretty much everyone)
[/QUOTE]

I can live with Nintencats and Prof. Layton just fine if that's all we get here too. I actually just started playing Unwound Future on my current airplane trip, so I'm in Professor Layton mode now anyway ;). And I've wanted Nintencats since Nintendogs came out - though I never really played Nintendogs more than about 10 minutes. My kids didn't play it either. It was a great concept and executed well - it just didn't hold the attention of anyone in my family for whatever reason.

[quote name='utopianmachine']http://tinycartridge.com/post/2648139469/new-nintendo-3ds-trailers-ocarina-of-time-3ds-motion

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for Kid Icarus. Musou and the puzzle game might be good, but not enough to push me over the edge to buy. I'm already spending $1000+ bucks in the next couple of months on a home theatre setup and a trip to Industrial fest in May.

Nice! I'll be home during that time, so you can be sure I'll be hanging about watching the feed, checking the twitters, and chatting up a storm with the CAGs that are about.

I wonder if we can hope for a $249 pricepoint?

Looks like they'll post the New York webcast later, according to NoA's Twitter:
# #3DSevent has begun! Reggie is on stage welcoming everyone. less than 20 seconds ago via web

* Retweet

#

We'll send out the link to the webcast of today's Nintendo #3DS presentation later today. Stay tuned! #3DSevent half a minute ago via web

Reggie's going over the US event titles now. So far, Pilotwings Resort and Nintendogs+cats.

EDIT: Now, Steel Diver.
EDIT 2: Ah, according to GAF, these are just the titles at the event, not the launch titles.

Over 30 launch games for US. That's a pretty big selection.

EDIT: also, 3DS pedometer? Baha, sounds interesting.

Really glad to hear about the one friend code only. That should help 3DS online play.

I'm happy about this. I really didn't expect Nintendo to get with this until the next console cycle.

$250, for a handheld, I'm out. Especially as I can't see the 3D effects anyway. Talk to me when holographic projections come into play.

chapelle.jpg

$250
MARCH 27
MARS, BITCHES

bread's done
Back