$1 Talladega Nights New @ Walmart

cdietschrun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I was at my WalMart tonight and found a copy of Wii Play I wanted, but noticed there was also a carriage full of Talladega Nights DVDs brand new with sign on cart for $1 clearance. Brought it register expecting error, paid $1.

Anyone want it in a trade towards C&C3 or Super Paper Mario let me know...(lol)

[quote name='cdietschrun']I was at my WalMart tonight and found a copy of Wii Play I wanted, but noticed there was also a carriage full of Talladega Nights DVDs brand new with sign on cart for $1 clearance. Brought it register expecting error, paid $1.

Anyone want it in a trade towards C&C3 or Super Paper Mario let me know...(lol)[/QUOTE]

Seeing as I'm sure this is extremely YMMV, where was this Wal-Mart?

Wow. $1 apiece?

Once I saw that they really were that cheap, I would've bought 10 or 20! :D

EBGames Gamestop would probably give you more than $1 for them, and if not you could always return the extras at Wal-Mart, right?

Don't ask me why, but I've seen this all over. Not $1, but different pricepoints

$10 at one
$8 at one
$5 at one
$2.50 at one

It's not unusual, even the Blu-Ray [retail] is the cheapest of all retail blu-rays.

Im sorry guys I didn't include a ton of info.

This was the Walmart in Chelmsford, MA 01857

Obviously, YMMV sorry

and I happened to notice they were full screen yes...I should buy a ton and trade them in at GS or whatnot huh

[quote name='munch']I thought Talledega Nights was pretty funny. I guess I'm in the minority.[/QUOTE]

Ironic you're from AL...;)

All kidding aside, it seems like Wally World overestimated the popularity of the movie. Didn't about a month ago we hear of the same thing going on with this movie and Superman Returns in some other Wal Mart?

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Ironic you're from AL...;)

All kidding aside, it seems like Wally World overestimated the popularity of the movie. Didn't about a month ago we hear of the same thing going on with this movie and Superman Returns in some other Wal Mart?[/QUOTE]

How is that ironic? Because they are making fun of fans of Nascar that can be found in every state, including Illinois? Just as many redneck people there as any other state.

[quote name='munch']How is that ironic? Because they are making fun of fans of Nascar that can be found in every state, including Illinois? Just as many redneck people there as any other state.[/quote]
How true. America is a land of rednecks. It doesn't matter what state you're from. I lived in a section of Baltimore, MD a few years back that had more rednecks per square mile than anywhere on the planet.

It's surprising that Wal-Mart even sells it, what with all the talk about the sweet little baby Jesus and his smooth baby ass. :lol:

[quote name='cdietschrun'] and I happened to notice they were full screen yes...I should buy a ton and trade them in at GS or whatnot huh[/quote]
If you have an FYE near you, you could make a bit of profit depending on the version (but you'd have to trade them in one at a time):

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Widescreen] (2006) YOU GET:
$6.00

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Widescreen] [Rated] (2006) YOU GET:
$5.00

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Full Screen] (2006) YOU GET:
$3.00

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Full Screen] [Unrated] (2006) YOU GET:
$6.00

They should give these away...this movie was terrible.

Hell, even though it came free with my PS3 I still felt ripped off...this movie is just horrible.

[quote name='munch']How is that ironic? Because they are making fun of fans of Nascar that can be found in every state, including Illinois? Just as many redneck people there as any other state.[/QUOTE]

It was more ironic that you're from Alabama...and Talladega is in Alabama. Just a joke my friend, just a joke. Besides, I thought the movie was pretty funny.

"Dear little baby Jesus, who's sittin' in his crib watchin the Baby Einstein videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my moma together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers."

:lol:

i dug this movie

even though i saw the 'save me tom cruise!' in the previews twenty times, i still laughed when i was watching the film

Yeah, Wal-Mart flat-out purchased TN and Superman Returns, with no option to send them back to the studio, like they do with most movies, and waaaaaay overestimated how popular these movies would be. The markdowns are something you'll see happen from time to time, but they'll be on a store-to-store basis. Most stores have 400+ copies of Talladega Nights. (The one I work at, we have 600) just sitting in boxes in the back room.

[quote name='hufferstl']Calling all NASCAR fans rednecks is like calling all video game fans nerds.[/quote]

::thinks, stands up::

But isn't that true?

if i would be able to find these i would take a ton of them. I would give them away to my business customers. I should of done it with the

ALT or whatever overstock was giving away free last year

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I did enjoy the movie. The scene where Ricky was trying to prove he was paralyzed was hilarious. "Cut around the meat."

no DVDS in fort wayne coldwater BUT They have cordless phones REG 10 bucks for 2 bucks. I grabbed 3 (they had around 200 left)

If shipping wouldnt be a major pain in the ass I probally would of grabbed around 100 of them and gave them away to people who signed on to take the paper (it would been a free gift if they took a year of the paper i deliver)

Here's the story on this one. Typically, Wal*Mart doesn't "buy" movies, per say. They do "buy" the movies from the vendor and, after a particular amount of time, they send them back to the vendor and get their money back.

Occasionally, for whatever reason, Wal*Mart will actually buy a particular movie (in large quantities). Superman Returns and Talladega Nights are some of those recent titles. Typically, Wal*Mart will only actually buy the larger releases and, typically, they'll sell quite well (like Superman Returns, for example). Unfortunatly, this particular purchase was a major blunder on WM's part and tons of stores are stuck with about a bajillion copies each.

I guess the OP's particular store just got tired of having them stuck in the back room. ;)

If I hadn't just bought it I would get you to wire me one for a nice profit. I have loved most of Will's outrageous comedies.

"Lets go and get thrown out of Applebees!"

If you don't chew big red, then fuck you!

WOOO!!!!! I'M GOING FAST! I'M GOING FAST!

Just how fast is he going?

25 miles per hour..

The movie is quite funny. Will Ferrel is the acting surprise of the year [Stranger than Fiction and Talladega Nights are two of the best comedies of the year..and STF goes beyond being a comedy..]

[quote name='sarausagi'][Stranger than Fiction and Talladega Nights are two of the best comedies of the year..and STF goes beyond being a comedy..][/quote]QFT. Even if you hate Ferell, you MUST see STF. It's an excellent movie that really surprised me.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']QFT. Even if you hate Ferell, you MUST see STF. It's an excellent movie that really surprised me.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised...when people told me "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was America's "End of Evangelion", I watched it, and laughed, because "Eternal Sunshine" was one of the worst movies I've ever seen

I was surprised, when people told me that Will Ferell may be the best actor of our time, that Stranger than Fiction was the surprise of the year. I laughed and said, "No way, I've seen Anchorman!"

I then saw Stranger than Ficiton, and was blown away, STF is simply mind blowing...a true thriller, and quite possibly the best American movie of 2006 in my opinion. For anyone who hasn't seen it, both the DVD and BluRay offer an outstanding presentation of a severely unappreciated movie.

After seeing STF, I've revisited Will Ferrel's back catalog, and I'm pretty convinced he is the only REAL actor of this generation, to see him play Ricky Bobby, then play Harold Crick, and then back to Ron Burgandy..

That's range, that's power, Will Ferrel is a very dynamic actor and I totally hate myself for speaking shit about him the past years. I look at him and I see shades and memories of Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Dan Akroyd, and Sylvester Stalllone. I haven't seen Blades of Glory, but I hope to see more of his movies in the future.

Bah. . .Eternal Sunshine was a great movie.

That aside, so was Talladega Nights. I find that most Will Farrell comedies get funnier the more you watch them. The first time I saw Anchorman, I hated it. But I kept watching it for some reason every time it came on TV. Now, I bust up all the way through it. Talladega Nights is another one of those. The more you think about it and the more you watch it, the funnier it gets. Not just Will Farrell, but John C Riley. . .that guy busts me up. (You put jelly on a lady?)

So. . .I haven't seen Stranger Than Fiction yet. . .guess I have to add that to my list considering the recommendations that have been put forth in this thread. But. . .I still plan to check every walmart between work and home to see if I can't pick up Talladega Nights for $1.

[quote name='sarausagi']I was surprised...when people told me "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was America's "End of Evangelion", I watched it, and laughed, because "Eternal Sunshine" was one of the worst movies I've ever seen

I was surprised, when people told me that Will Ferell may be the best actor of our time, that Stranger than Fiction was the surprise of the year. I laughed and said, "No way, I've seen Anchorman!"

I then saw Stranger than Ficiton, and was blown away, STF is simply mind blowing...a true thriller, and quite possibly the best American movie of 2006 in my opinion. For anyone who hasn't seen it, both the DVD and BluRay offer an outstanding presentation of a severely unappreciated movie.

After seeing STF, I've revisited Will Ferrel's back catalog, and I'm pretty convinced he is the only REAL actor of this generation, to see him play Ricky Bobby, then play Harold Crick, and then back to Ron Burgandy..

That's range, that's power, Will Ferrel is a very dynamic actor and I totally hate myself for speaking shit about him the past years. I look at him and I see shades and memories of Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Dan Akroyd, and Sylvester Stalllone. I haven't seen Blades of Glory, but I hope to see more of his movies in the future.[/quote]

Look I watch a lot of movies but you are totally overthinking movies. Movies aren't about doing work. They are a good time, something you aren't, or just a look into someone less fortunate or as lucky as you are. Also, This movie is weird. I didn't think it was funny at all. Then I found myself quoting it all the time and so I watched it again and laughed my ass off.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Look I watch a lot of movies but you are totally overthinking movies. Movies aren't about doing work. They are a good time, something you aren't, or just a look into someone less fortunate or as lucky as you are. Also, This movie is weird. I didn't think it was funny at all. Then I found myself quoting it all the time and so I watched it again and laughed my ass off.[/quote]Some movies are for entertainment (Talledega Nights). Some movies are for thoughtful analysis (most Paul Thomas Anderson for me: Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love, etc). Fiction was not really a comedy to me. It had some funny moments but it was more drama. Anyone still pondering this movie, I wrote a review at my website before I got tired of updating it.

Oh, and in response to the Eternal Sunshine comment, I really loved that movie, as well as Michel Gondry followup, Science of Sleep.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Some movies are for entertainment (Talledega Nights). Some movies are for thoughtful analysis (most Paul Thomas Anderson for me: Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love, etc). Fiction was not really a comedy to me. It had some funny moments but it was more drama. Anyone still pondering this movie, I wrote a review at my website before I got tired of updating it.

Oh, and in response to the Eternal Sunshine comment, I really loved that movie, as well as Michel Gondry followup, Science of Sleep.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - the funnier parts of STF got laughs out of me because of the tension of the set-up. Will really excels at that fish-out-of-water, flopping around in an impossible situation kind of role.

It's only because the viewer truly believes that Harold's life is in danger that some of the more amusing parts work so well.

Some of it though, is just pure Will Ferrell funny. Speaking of which, I think the trailer used an extended scene of him in the guitar store that didn't make it fully into the final cut. That scene is a good example of him just being hilarious in a random situation.

Queen Latifah didn't get too much notice for her role in STF but she was great, I thought. Especially since I just re-watched Sphere and noticed that she wasn't so hot in that. Good to see her progressing like that.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']Yeah - the funnier parts of STF got laughs out of me because of the tension of the set-up. Will really excels at that fish-out-of-water, flopping around in an impossible situation kind of role.

It's only because the viewer truly believes that Harold's life is in danger that some of the more amusing parts work so well.

Some of it though, is just pure Will Ferrell funny. Speaking of which, I think the trailer used an extended scene of him in the guitar store that didn't make it fully into the final cut. That scene is a good example of him just being hilarious in a random situation.

Queen Latifah didn't get too much notice for her role in STF but she was great, I thought. Especially since I just re-watched Sphere and noticed that she wasn't so hot in that. Good to see her progressing like that.[/quote]Eh, I don't like Queen Latifah, but she definitly didn't do a bad job here. I just tend to not like her no matter what.

[quote name='vtcheapgamer']How true. America is a land of rednecks. It doesn't matter what state you're from. I lived in a section of Baltimore, MD a few years back that had more rednecks per square mile than anywhere on the planet.[/quote]

I'm not in Baltimore, but there sure are a ton of Rednecks in Calvert County, MD. :lol:

bread's done
Back