$1 video game rental at Hollywood Video

polobearjp

CAGiversary!
This week at Target, they're selling Bugles for $1 and on the back of specially marked bags of the original flavored Bugles is a coupon for a free video game rental from Hollywood Video. By the way, it expires on 12/31/2005 so there's still 1+ years til it goes bye bye and on the fine print, it says its not valid at the stores with a GameCrazy.

Not sure if Bugles are good or not but for a buck and a free video game rental, I snagged 3 bags... :D

wow, my target is right next to my hollywood/gamecrazy. they are next to each other >=D and i love cheesey bugles

[quote name='polobearjp']This week at Target, they're selling Bugles for $1 and on the back of specially marked bags of the original flavored Bugles is a coupon for a free video game rental from Hollywood Video. By the way, it expires on 12/31/2005 so there's still 1+ years til it goes bye bye and on the fine print, it says its not valid at the stores with a GameCrazy.

Not sure if Bugles are good or not but for a buck and a free video game rental, I snagged 3 bags... :D[/quote]

does it say Free game rental or Buy 1 game get one free... IS this new as well, i dont think the people working at target would be happy if i start tossing bags all over the place looking for the coupons . If its a FRee rental by itself not really worth my time Since i can get 1 night rentals any day for 1.25... Now if its a buy one get one yea that be worth my time since i can get the 2 5 night game for 2.50

[quote name='mousin']wow, my target is right next to my hollywood/gamecrazy. they are next to each other >=D and i love cheesey bugles[/quote]

Did you miss where he said it will NOT work at Hollywood Video's with Gamecrazys?

[quote name='polobearjp'] it says its not valid at the stores with a GameCrazy. [/quote]

The one I go to has a Gamecrazy, but they still honor them anyway.

I just thought of one question?? Does anyone know what the sizes are of the bags? Obviously they aren't their big sizes but that they are probably snakck bags, but any exact numberS?

[quote name='supermariomelee'][quote name='polobearjp'] it says its not valid at the stores with a GameCrazy. [/quote]

The one I go to has a Gamecrazy, but they still honor them anyway.[/quote]

I think mine will too now that I think of it. I think that the corporate stores will honor them but you may get hassled at the franchise stores.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']I havnt been to hollywood video in a while, whats gamecrazy?[/quote]

It's a game store inside Hollywood Video, you can trade, buy and play games there. They also usually have gaming tournaments every weekend too(well, at least at the one I go to).

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']I havnt been to hollywood video in a while, whats gamecrazy?[/quote]

Gamecrazy is to Hollywood Video as Gamerush is to Blockbuster.

Is it a free rental or is it rent 1 get one free?

And for those wondering, yup, Blockbuster Video accepts Hollywood Video coupons.

Its valid for one free video game rental and the size of the bag is 7.5oz (212g).

This is what the coupon says...
Offer expires December 31, 2005
Free Hollywood Video Game Rental
Free Hollywood Video Membership required for rental. Good on all Game rentals. Excludes Movie rentals. Limit one coupon per membership account per visit. Game deposit may be required. May not be combined with any other offer. Valid at all Hollywood Video stores, with the exception of Game Crazy stores. Membership terms and conditions apply. Customer responsible for applicable taxes and additional rental period charges. See store for details. Cash value 1/100 of a cent. This coupon must be relinquished at the time of redemption and may not be printed, reproduced, sold, or transferred. Coupon expires 12/31/05.

Also, where the barcode normally is, it says: Hollywood Video Instructions: To process offer use Bugles Barcode located at cashwrap.

Hope this helps somebody... :D

for ppl who bought bags for the coupon, how are u all planning to eat all those bugles, i wanna buy like 5 bags, but i havent even gotten close to done with 1 bag. and is it just the original flavor that has the coupon:(

funny, i looked at all my targets nearby and everyone of my targest have bugles have nascar cars on the front and no coupons for hollywood on them at all :[

I'm sure they could be found anywhere but I think the original price is like $1.79 or something but this being cheapassgamer.com, I'd assume more people would like to save the extra $0.79 if they get it at Target this week...

yeap my target dont have them either ,,, I think they are making us buy old stale buggels or whatever they r called.... Its not that great of a deal then is it Game rental is 2.50 .... Bag of chips is buck. SO your just saving 1.50...... My video store has games for 1.25 a night so i just be saving 25 cents so not really worth it ....

[quote name='slidecage']yeap my target dont have them either ,,, I think they are making us buy old stale buggels or whatever they r called.... Its not that great of a deal then is it Game rental is 2.50 .... Bag of chips is buck. SO your just saving 1.50...... My video store has games for 1.25 a night so i just be saving 25 cents so not really worth it ....[/quote]

Don't you get to keep the rental longer than a night with this Hollywood deal though?

My Target had bugles, but no Hollywood Video coupons on back. One bugle bag said expires August 1st 2004...

[quote name='slidecage']yeap my target dont have them either ,,, I think they are making us buy old stale buggels or whatever they r called.... Its not that great of a deal then is it Game rental is 2.50 .... Bag of chips is buck. SO your just saving 1.50...... My video store has games for 1.25 a night so i just be saving 25 cents so not really worth it ....[/quote]

Around here, game rentals are $5 each for 5 nights...

[quote name='Magician'][quote name='slidecage']yeap my target dont have them either ,,, I think they are making us buy old stale buggels or whatever they r called.... Its not that great of a deal then is it Game rental is 2.50 .... Bag of chips is buck. SO your just saving 1.50...... My video store has games for 1.25 a night so i just be saving 25 cents so not really worth it ....[/quote]

Around here, game rentals are $5 each for 5 nights...[/quote]

lucky...game rentals here are 6.75 for 5 nights...

and yea, anyone use the coupon yet? how many nights can it be rented via this coupon? which kind of bag is it? the newest ones like in the ads? or old ones?

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Magician'][quote name='slidecage']yeap my target dont have them either ,,, I think they are making us buy old stale buggels or whatever they r called.... Its not that great of a deal then is it Game rental is 2.50 .... Bag of chips is buck. SO your just saving 1.50...... My video store has games for 1.25 a night so i just be saving 25 cents so not really worth it ....[/quote]

Around here, game rentals are $5 each for 5 nights...[/quote]

lucky...game rentals here are 6.75 for 5 nights...

and yea, anyone use the coupon yet? how many nights can it be rented via this coupon? which kind of bag is it? the newest ones like in the ads? or old ones?

I haven't had time to use the coupon yet but I'm assuming it'll last for however long they usually rent games out for. As far as the bag is concerned, I've never seen Bugles in an ad before but there's a NASCAR car on the bag and to the left of it, there's a Hollywood Video logo. The expiration date for my bags are August 1, 2005... :shock:

[quote name='Quackzilla']WTF is gamerush?[/quote]

Equivalent to GameCrazy for Blockbuster. Also see Fish:Bicycle and Submarine:Screen door.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='Quackzilla']WTF is gamerush?[/quote]

Equivalent to GameCrazy for Blockbuster. Also see Fish:Bicycle and Submarine:Screen door.[/quote]

Time for a more useful, less paradoxical answer...

GameCrazy and GameRush are game stores, owned by Hollywood Video and Blockbuster respectively. A GC or GR is next door to (and usually linked to) one of the parent company's stores. GC and GR are trying to compete with GameStop and EB. The best thing that the stores have going for them is (somewhat) lower prices and awesome sales. They've got to compete somehow, and that's how they've been going about doing it.

bread's done
Back