1 Year Nintendo Power Through Amazon - $14.95

I'm sure you did. When I was a kid candy bars were 25 cents.

Thanks for posting this, I ordered. Mine was about to expire.

I miss getting the free guide, but my son still enjoys the magazine and it encourages him to read things that are a little beyond his reading ability.

I paid $4 for a 1-year subscription through Best Deal Magazines or something along that line... which reminds me, my subscription is up and I need to see if I can renew for $4 again.

The alternative is $20 for a one-year + free Zelda: Phantom Hourglass mini-guide through the new NP publisher. Amazon's an ok deal I suppose if you don't have Zelda: PH or can't get it through a third-party subscription.

I was tempted to bite when that Betterdealmagzine site had it for like $3 but it seemed to shady/problematic to bite.

I'm still torn on whether to get it or not, lately it just seems like ads and fluff filler, nothing exciting. I haven't checked in a while - can anyone with a current subscription recommend if its worth it or not?

[quote name='CombatCraig']
I'm still torn on whether to get it or not, lately it just seems like ads and fluff filler, nothing exciting. I haven't checked in a while - can anyone with a current subscription recommend if its worth it or not?[/quote]
I let mine run out a few months ago - the features were glorified press releases and I discovered that the reviews weren't that timely or interesting and I could get the important parts from metacritic.

[quote name='Caliburn']I paid $4 for a 1-year subscription through Best Deal Magazines or something along that line... which reminds me, my subscription is up and I need to see if I can renew for $4 again.

The alternative is $20 for a one-year + free Zelda: Phantom Hourglass mini-guide through the new NP publisher. Amazon's an ok deal I suppose if you don't have Zelda: PH or can't get it through a third-party subscription.[/quote]I'm still waiting on my Zelda: PH guide after renewing 2 months ago, so I wouldn't bank on that.

It seems to have gotten better. They're breaking more news with features on new stuff that other magazines don't have. See the recent stuff on the Sonic RPG. I might bite at that price, but I want to see what else they're giving free for the extra $5.00

Wow. This is a super-crappy deal. I too went through BestDealMagazines.com. Marked the first sub as a "new" and ordered four more as "renewals" and ended up with a 5-Year subscription for just under $20.

Despite the supposed "shadiness" of the site, it worked quite well for me.

[quote name='danh920']will never beat the zelda collectors edition and subscription for $20[/QUOTE]

Same here - I would subscribe for the bonus game/guide and just figure I paid the $20 for that while the NP sub was included for free.

I think you can choice to some extent what free guide you get when you subscribe through Nintendo.

The only reason I brought a year for $20 before was because of the FFTA guide.

[quote name='Asgardian']I think you can choice to some extent what free guide you get when you subscribe through Nintendo.

The only reason I brought a year for $20 before was because of the FFTA guide.[/quote]

Not anymore. They no longer offer this due to the new publisher. Now you can only get the "mini guide" for a DS game that I do not own. I'm guessing this "mini guide" is essentially trash.

I'm a current subscriber and the magazine is just OK. It provides $20 of entertainment for me and my son for a year so it's worth it.

The one thing I like is the VC reviews. No one else offers that (that i'm aware of).

I always found it funny that the "official" nintendo magazine didn't have many exclusive announcements (if any). I think Nintendo could have done much better with this if they tried.

The magazine is just full of information about casual games now. Sorry but casual games are not deep enough to warrant any in-depth article. Once my subscription expires, I won't be extending.

[quote name='daminion']
The one thing I like is the VC reviews. No one else offers that (that i'm aware of).[/quote]
IGN has some great VC reviews. A lot better than NP.

What I really miss from the new Nintendo Power is the in-depth strategy guides. There seems to be less and less of those now.

Go to Bestdealmagazines.com and use the coupon code MPS16. It comes out to $3.94 after everything. There's no hazzle involve because I've done this last year and encountered no problem. I just renewed again just minutes ago. This is definitely the best deal for Nintendo Power right now.

[quote name='danh920']will never beat the zelda collectors edition and subscription for $20[/QUOTE]

Yep, that was Legendary. :D

bread's done
Back