1 Year Xbox Live Gold $39.99 at eBay(newegg)

You're so awesome, OP. This is absolutely perfect timing. My XBL Gold just ran out yesterday, and I've been searching for the past 2 months for XBL Gold deals. I thought I would have to bite the bullet and pay full price for XBL Gold, but the CAG in me would have been so mad at myself if I did that.

Two questions:

1. Can I redeem this on November 22nd, or will it expire before then?

2. Are there better deals than this on Black Friday?
It should not expire anytime soon. Just like MS Points can still be applied for the foreseeable future, the same with XBL. If anything, there are people speculating that the XBL Gold price will increase for the next gen so there are some that are stockpiling. With this purchase, I should be good to go on the PS+ and XBL Gold until 2016.

Personally, I have not seen PS+ or XBL Gold type cards go on sale on BF individually for cheaper than this. The only thing I have seen were them added to some console bundles free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to buy another 12-month subscription card because my current Gold expires in December of next year. But it doesn't hurt to stack them. Getting an Xbox One as well, so this just keeps me on Live too. Thanks OP!

2. Are there better deals than this on Black Friday?
Not necessarily Black Friday, but it does go lower than 39.99. For example, I got mine in March for 34.99 from Newegg, and with the added promotion they had for paying with V.me by Visa it came to 31.49. 39.99 is your average deal price that you can often find it at. If you keep an eye out you can get it for cheaper. The problem is trying to actually get one before they run out of stock when it's at a lower price. Unless your gold is about to expire within a month I'd wait. Then again, who knows what the price situation will be like with Xbox One releasing soon. They might just get stingy with the price since you'll have people that will pay more for it since they need it for Xbox One now.

The cheapest I've ever seen the 12-month was 34.99 on eBay and it was a kind of spur-of-the-moment sale. Even on Black Friday, I don't see the price jump this low. I'd jump on the deal now; I don't believe you'll see too many of these sales once the Xbox One arrives on the scene!

The cheapest I've ever seen the 12-month was 34.99 on eBay and it was a kind of spur-of-the-moment sale. Even on Black Friday, I don't see the price jump this low. I'd jump on the deal now; I don't believe you'll see too many of these sales once the Xbox One arrives on the scene!
Yeah, same here. The last card I bought was one of the $34.99 deals and it was the lowest I'd seen. I also have a feeling that deals on XBL Gold may be scarce around the Xbox One's launch window, since there will be plenty of demand even at full price. That's why I decided to get one of these...

There was an eBay/Buy.com deal less than a month ago for $29.99. The cheapest I've seen was $20 for an eBay flash deal - that went very quickly, as you might imagine.

There is no rhyme or reason for the extreme price discounts people have seen over the years. People have stumbled upon those prices and they have a very short shelf life that you have to just run into and be ready to purchase. Sometimes you will find a steal as I recall buying a PS+ one year subscription for $29.99 off a guy from eBay that had hundreds in stock as he apparently got them from E3 for free so he was happy to unload them by the boatloads. Whether he got them legit, it was posted on CAG and was verified by the community as the guy emailed you legit codes within an hour. The same with XBL Gold subscriptions as they are random and seldom cheaper in store than this. You generally see the extreme cheap deals on eBay with a limited amount and they are not announced in advance like the Amazon Gold Box deals for example. So it is first come first serve and you always have to worry about the seller unless it is Newegg or another trusted company. 

bread's done
Back