$10-$20 coupon codes on select pre-orders

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Gamestop.com has $10-$20 coupon codes when you pre-order the following games

Use coupon code F2D for "Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM". Make sure to pick the free 2 day ground shipping at checkout. (thanks IAmTheCheapestGamer)

$20 coupon codes:
Halo Reach/Limited/Legendary
Super Mario Galaxy 2

$10 coupon codes:
Alan Wake/Limited
Blur
Crackdown 2
Green Day: Rock Band/Plus
Madden NFL 11
Mafia 2
ModNation Racers
Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands
Red Dead Redemption
Singularity
Shrek Forever After
Skate 3
Split/Second
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
UFC Undisputed 2010

Coupon Code FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?
A: Other than Edge, no they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: I pre-ordered a game before it had the coupon code deal. Will I still get it?
A: I don't know. Email Gamestop [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: When do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: Is this deal in stores, or can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. This is online only at Gamestop.com. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to take up to 3 days before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't received it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting - I may have to try again tomorrow and hopefully get a different rep.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Unfortunately we are not able to match this offer at this time for this title.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

[quote name='Fearia']Interestingly enough, when asking for the PM, they gave it to me . . . instantly. As in, I now have a $10 code and I haven't had to pay anything yet. And I'm getting another when it actually ships.

$45 - $20 + Free overnight shipping = $25 and free overnight shipping = WIN[/QUOTE]

Nice! Did you guys just email [email protected] ?

I ordered RDR last night, but it's still not showing up in my order history either.

Here is the email I sent

Hello,

I have Red Dead Redemption preordered for the above referenced order# XXXXXX.

I do realize that this comes with a $10 gaming credit for future purchases but would like to point out that 2 of your competitors are issuing $20 credit towards future purchases.

Can you please match your competitors offers as I wish to preorder with GameStop.

Thanks

This was the response:

Dear J,

Please accept the following $20 coupon code for a future purchase on GameStop.com:

XXX

Please note that the items must be currently in stock and the total must be over the coupon value. This code will not be applicable on orders containing pre-orders, bonus items, bundles, systems, time cards, membership cards, or gift cards.

Best regards,

Tim

Customer Service Agent

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I emailed and was told I would get the $20 code when the game shipped, what exactly did you guys who got the code immediately say? LOL[/QUOTE]

That's what I'd like to know too, since then I'd use the $20 code to get Bad Company 2 for $30-ish if they gave me it immediately.

I was gonna press my luck and bs them and say that Amazon or WM were offering release day shipping too, but I didn't wanna push it.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I'd like to know too, since then I'd use the $20 code to get Bad Company 2 for $30-ish if they gave me it immediately.

I was gonna press my luck and bs them and say that Amazon or WM were offering release day shipping too, but I didn't wanna push it.:lol:[/QUOTE]

They gave me the code immediately. Keep asking them until they budge.

If I preorder RDR and Mario Galaxy 2 using the 25% off code, will they charge for the complete order when RDR ships on may 18th, or just the RDR part of the order?

thanks

[quote name='AceSam14']If I preorder RDR and Mario Galaxy 2 using the 25% off code, will they charge for the complete order when RDR ships on may 18th, or just the RDR part of the order?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Just the part that ships first (RDR).

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I emailed and was told I would get the $20 code when the game shipped, what exactly did you guys who got the code immediately say? LOL[/QUOTE]

I sent them this:

Are you going to be price matching Amazon or Walmart of $20 on their game credit for pre ordering Red Dead Redemption?

from my email address I use with GS

Got a $20 code, took an hour maybe. Thanks for posting

Crap. I got told that they 'don't match any competitors'.:bomb: Maybe I'll call their customer service line just prior to their 8pm closing time and see if I can get a rep who is in a hurry to get home to match the $20 card from Amazon/WalMart.:lol:;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was gonna press my luck and bs them and say that Amazon or WM were offering release day shipping too, but I didn't wanna push it.:lol:[/QUOTE]
Just ask them to apply the DEADEYE code for free Overnight shipping. I ordered RDR with the 25OFF code before the shipping code was offered and e-mailed GS about it and they added it the next day.

[quote name='bugeater']Just ask them to apply the DEADEYE code for free Overnight shipping. I ordered RDR with the 25OFF code before the shipping code was offered and e-mailed GS about it and they added it the next day.[/QUOTE]
Ahhhh. So that's it. I'll have to shoot them another e-mail then and just ask for the overnight shipping. Thanks for the advice.

I fired off another e-mail to them asking for the overnight shipping, saying I tried the code and it kept saying it wasn't able to be applied.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well I emailed asking about them matching Walmat's $20 gift card for Halo Reach but still no answer[/QUOTE]

what about it? Gamestop has a $20 eCard with Reach last I knew.

[quote name='kidrocklive']what about it? Gamestop has a $20 eCard with Reach last I knew.[/QUOTE]

yeah I ordered before they were offering the $20 and supposedly if you email them asking that they will send you the $20 code now instead of after game ships

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']yeah I ordered before they were offering the $20 and supposedly if you email them asking that they will send you the $20 code now instead of after game ships[/QUOTE]

It seems to be a case by case thing. If I'm not mistaken I seen some people get the codes emailed immediately, some say that they got a messaging saying that they won't apply because of the promotions they got or an email saying that the codes will be shipped when the games does. Mine was the last one and I did order reach. Best of luck though, you might have a different outcome if you are solely asking about Reach. Since I ordered all the games I am getting now have eCards with them, which might explain the reply I got.

[quote name='bugeater']Just ask them to apply the DEADEYE code for free Overnight shipping. I ordered RDR with the 25OFF code before the shipping code was offered and e-mailed GS about it and they added it the next day.[/QUOTE]

is the deadeye code still working for people? It's not working for me

I just emailed Gamestop about price-matching the $20 online credit for Red Dead Redemption as well as getting free overnight shipping when applying code DEADEYE. I will post my original email as well as their reply asap.

I just got the response from them about applying the overnight shipping code to my order and they approved it. So, even though it's not an additional $10 in credit I can use on their website I'm happy since I'll be getting the game shipped to me overnight and have it by Wednesday afternoon hopefully.

At least now I won't have to worry bout if I'm going to get the soundtrack CD or not from the GS I pre-ordered from in-store.

well just called CS about red dead and they upgraded me to overnight shipping and they said all preorders have automatically been updated to add the $10 coupon code

also how long does it take for overnight to be reflected in ur order history? atm theres nothing listed under shipping method

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nelo Ice']well just called CS about red dead and they upgraded me to overnight shipping and they said all preorders have automatically been updated to add the $10 coupon code

also how long does it take for overnight to be reflected in ur order history? atm theres nothing listed under shipping method[/QUOTE]

I got this reply back from them about adding the DEADEYE code to my order and this is what they said:

"The changes you requested have been made to your order. Please keep in mind that changes made over the phone or through email may not reflect on the web site."

So that might explain why the order status might not update on the site.

just got reply saying that the $20 code was already scheduled to be sent to me after game shipped oh well, would have used code for Alan Wake Collectors edition

[quote name='kidrocklive']I got this reply back from them about adding the DEADEYE code to my order and this is what they said:

"The changes you requested have been made to your order. Please keep in mind that changes made over the phone or through email may not reflect on the web site."

So that might explain why the order status might not update on the site.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply! :)

[quote name='Nelo Ice']well just called CS about red dead and they upgraded me to overnight shipping and they said all preorders have automatically been updated to add the $10 coupon code

also how long does it take for overnight to be reflected in ur order history? atm theres nothing listed under shipping method[/QUOTE]

I've had to wait a day for the website to update the shipping.

[quote name='bugeater']I'm getting shot down on matching the Amazon/Walmart $20 GC.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I got some random response that basically said they would take it under advisement and that their prices reflect a number of factors like MSRP, etc...I'm considering just cancelling and waiting for this game to drop significantly in price as it undoubtedly will.

[quote name='Customer Service']

All existing orders get updated to allow the new bonus item. If you do not receive one, please write back so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,

John

Customer Service Agent
[/QUOTE]
This was my email
Hello,

This question is regarding my preorder of ALAN WAKE LIMITED EDITION - Xbox 360, order #xxxxxxxxxxxxx . My order was placed before two preorder bonuses were available, and I was wondering if they can be retroactively applied to me order.

The first is free overnight shipping, code "ALAN"

The second is this offer from your website: "Get $10 off a future order when you preorder Alan Wake Limited Edition. The $10 coupon code will be emailed when the order ships. Online Offer only. Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers."

Thank you for your help
I tried to be specific, but I'm not sure what he was trying to say in the response. Something tells me he's not talking about the two things I asked.

Should I try again?

[quote name='sixghost']This was my email

I tried to be specific, but I'm not sure what he was trying to say in the response. Something tells me he's not talking about the two things I asked.

Should I try again?[/QUOTE]
I would, I think this guy is just referring to the avatar t-shirt and theme bonus. Glad you brought this up since I wasn't aware there was a code for free overnight shipping. I'm gonna email them regarding this.

Oh, and I already emailed them about the $10 off code. They took about a day to respond, but they sent me a an email with the code.

Just e-mailed GS about applying $10 codes for Red Dead and Alan Wake along with overnight shipping. Have a feeling I'm being too greedy considering I bought them both with 25OFF and already had a rep upgrade them to 3-day shipping a few weeks back.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Just e-mailed GS about applying $10 codes for Red Dead and Alan Wake along with overnight shipping. Have a feeling I'm being too greedy considering I bought them both with 25OFF and already had a rep upgrade them to 3-day shipping a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Heh we're in the same exact situation. I just received my email and they applied the DEADEYE code! :bouncy:

I just found out about that DEADEYE code and shot them an email. I will update if they apply it once they respond. I also asked them about matching the $20 Amazon card, but I am less optimistic about that happening.

sent the email and got free overnight shipping with deadeye and alan.

Still debating to order from amazon for the $20 credit for rdr

gamestop:
$45 + tax with $10 coupon (useless/non-stackable)
"special" edition with sound track and "exclusive" challenges

amazon
$60 with $20 gc
golden gun?

No luck for me, should I try again ?
--------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Customer,

We do not have any plans on matching this offer however, if you order this title with GameStop your order automatically gets upgraded to the Special Edition. As well you will receive $10 off a future order.

Upon review you received 25% off of your order as well which is a $15 value as well.

Best regards,

Bryce

Customer Service Agent

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Hi,
I preordered Red Dead Redemption (order number is 4100511092566740), but I noticed Walmart and Amazon are both offering a $20 gift card with the preorder.
Are you going to be price matching Amazon or Walmart with a $20 gift card for preordering Red Dead Redemption?

Thanks.

Have an update guys. So you don't have to go post searching essentially I pre-ordered Alan Wake and Red Dead during the 10AUTO/25OFF stacking fiasco so already had them coming dirt cheap. At the same time I was trying to get FREESHIP to work and after a quick e-mail they upgraded 4 pre-orders (3 of which would release at different times) to 3-day shipping. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Soon as I saw there was $10 credits for 3 of the games I ordered I sent off an e-mail and the rep basically said 'well codes ship 24 hours after the game ships but since you did it before the offer we can't guarantee it'. Whatever. Waited a week and instead of asking for 3 codes I thought I'd try for 2.

Today I e-mail them this:
I have a question regarding an order I placed with pre-orders of Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption (order # xxxxxxxxx). I see on the site that $10 coupon codes are now being offered with these games but my order was placed before these bonuses were available and am curious if they could be applied to my order. In addition, there are now coupon codes to pre-order both games with overnight shipping (ALAN for Alan Wake and DEADEYE for Red Dead Redemption) and was curious if it was possible for this offer to be applied since my order was made before these offers were available. Thanks for your help.

Few hours later I received this:
Dear Valued Customer,

Please accept the following $10 coupon code for a future purchase on GameStop.com:

(she then gave me two codes)
The changes you requested have been made to your order for Red Dead Redemption for the DEADEYE code. Please keep in mind that changes made over the phone or through email may not reflect on the web site. Please provide us with order number for Alan Wake so that we can provide your overnight shipping for that as well.

If you have any other questions, please respond to this e-mail.

Best Regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent

Oddly enough seconds after I saw this e-mail I check my order and it already says 1-day shipping for Red Dead. As for the reason I didn't get the Alan Wake one is because they were the same order but I guess I wasn't clear on that.

Really thinking about pestering again in a day or 2 for my Green Day code. Think we also need to get some sort of whitelist/blacklist for when people have success in this type of deal and the name of their rep. In my case Edward said 'ehhh can't say for sure' while wonderful Hilary said 'oh there were multiple bonuses? have them all!'

[quote name='evophile']Oh man, its not in the description either. I ordered mine Sunday night.

Did they just take it off now?[/QUOTE]

When I was roaming their site last night, the "special edition" bonus was still up. However, as you guys can see, it is not up anymore. Not quite sure what's going on.

Can I use the $20 coupon code for Halo: Reach Limited Edition, but then pick overnight shipping? ....Even that isn't good enough though I don't think, I NEED it at midnight, it's tradition.

[quote name='kyrhon']When I was roaming their site last night, the "special edition" bonus was still up. However, as you guys can see, it is not up anymore. Not quite sure what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Hmm okay. Hopefully everyone who ordered when it was up still gets it and they didn't run out or something.

That's the only reason I got it from GS, as I could have used my Amazon credit and get the $20 too.

Got an update! Unfortunately, I didn't get them to price match the $20 online credit but I did get them to give me free overnight shipping! Here is the email I received:

Dear ____,

We have gone ahead and upgraded your entire order to free overnight shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately we do not price match with any competitors. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent

I just got mine Alan Wake CE upgraded to free overnight. Didn't get any word about the $10 credit, maybe I'll try a few more times this week to see if I can get it before the game ships, otherwise hopefully I'll get it then.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I was able to get Red Dead, which I ordered this morning, upgraded to the free overnight :D
No luck on the $20 credit price match though.

No luck for me either on the $20 gift card match. I'm not going to bother with trying for overnight as I don't need the game right away. Hopefully they'll match the $20 gift card on their site and then we can get that.

bread's done
Back