$10-$20 coupon codes on select pre-orders

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Gamestop.com has $10-$20 coupon codes when you pre-order the following games

Use coupon code F2D for "Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM". Make sure to pick the free 2 day ground shipping at checkout. (thanks IAmTheCheapestGamer)

$20 coupon codes:
Halo Reach/Limited/Legendary
Super Mario Galaxy 2

$10 coupon codes:
Alan Wake/Limited
Blur
Crackdown 2
Green Day: Rock Band/Plus
Madden NFL 11
Mafia 2
ModNation Racers
Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands
Red Dead Redemption
Singularity
Shrek Forever After
Skate 3
Split/Second
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
UFC Undisputed 2010

Coupon Code FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?
A: Other than Edge, no they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: I pre-ordered a game before it had the coupon code deal. Will I still get it?
A: I don't know. Email Gamestop [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: When do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: Is this deal in stores, or can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. This is online only at Gamestop.com. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to take up to 3 days before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't received it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they have a way to find out if you've asked multiple times for the price match? My first attempt was unsuccessful but I want to try again..

UPDATE:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We appreciate your time. As long as you placed your order while the Special Edition was still available then this should be the version that you will receive. We do not have a way to know at what time this was exactly down from the website.
Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent

[quote name='Neo']Can I use the $20 coupon code for Halo: Reach Limited Edition, but then pick overnight shipping? ....Even that isn't good enough though I don't think, I NEED it at midnight, it's tradition.[/QUOTE]

couldn't you just buy it on Gamestop.com and also reserve it in store pick it up at midnight in store and when you get the one from Gamestop.com return it in store?

I also tried getting gamestop to pricematch the $20 gift card for purchasing Red Dead Redemption, but unfortunately, it was a no go. On the bright side, they upgraded me to free overnight shipping which is cool. ^^ It's hard for me to hate gamestop these days. Of course, this only applies to their business online. I definitely don't see any reason for me to waste my time driving to get an inferior deal at their B&M locations.

[quote name='Neo']Can I use the $20 coupon code for Halo: Reach Limited Edition, but then pick overnight shipping? ....Even that isn't good enough though I don't think, I NEED it at midnight, it's tradition.[/QUOTE]
There are alot of things people need. Air, water, food. But video games are NOT a necessity.

But like someone else said, pre-order in store and go pick it up at the midnight launch(if there's going to be one)and then return the one you pre-ordered online to the store.

[quote name='AceSam14']UPDATE:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We appreciate your time. As long as you placed your order while the Special Edition was still available then this should be the version that you will receive. We do not have a way to know at what time this was exactly down from the website.
Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Thank you for this news!

Ridiculous . . .

My order:

Red Dead Redemption
Mod Nation Racers
UFC 2010 for PS3

Coupons used: 25OFF, UFC10, DEADEYE, RACER, and in addition, a price match for Amazon / Walmart for an additional $10 in gift certs.

Final tally: $45 each, $40 in gift certs, and free overnight shipping on all of them. I almost feel bad.

They no longer have the special edition pre-order bonus advertised on the red dead redemption page. I am assuming that if we have pre ordered all ready we will still recieve it?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']They no longer have the special edition pre-order bonus advertised on the red dead redemption page. I am assuming that if we have pre ordered all ready we will still recieve it?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Look at a few posts above. If you ordered this while that promotion was going on, you will receive the special edition.

[quote name='Fearia']Ridiculous . . .

My order:

Red Dead Redemption
Mod Nation Racers
UFC 2010 for PS3

Coupons used: 25OFF, UFC10, DEADEYE, RACER, and in addition, a price match for Amazon / Walmart for an additional $10 in gift certs.

Final tally: $45 each, $40 in gift certs, and free overnight shipping on all of them. I almost feel bad.[/QUOTE]

Almost...almost. Anyway, I see that you are from Royal Oak. I was born there...pretty cool. :) I'm pretty sure Bruce Campbell was born there also. lol

[quote name='AceSam14']To the people who got denied on the $20 gift card price match, did you give up or are you going to try sending another email to GS?[/QUOTE]

I sent three e-mails and each one was denied by a different customer service rep. The last person basically said they could not do it and that they had no record of anyone getting the $20 coupon. At that point I gave up. I think what happened is that the small group of people who got the $20 coupon were helped by one specific CSR and unless you happen to get lucky and get that rep, you're gonna get denied.

Does anyone know for a fact (i.e. already received a game)
1) If you pre-ordered a game before the $10 bonus was added, did you receive it without asking?
2) If you pre-ordered a game before a Free in-game bonus was added, did you receive it?

I ordered Split/Second and Blur on 4/27 using 25off (45 each).
I already got them to upgrade S/S to free overnight (code: SPLIT) and it mentioned free bonus.
However BLUR just recently added bonus content AND a $10 coupon.
I'm tempted to wait it out to see if it just comes, but I'm guessing they won't auto-add.

[quote name='raiser']Does anyone know for a fact (i.e. already received a game)
1) If you pre-ordered a game before the $10 bonus was added, did you [/QUOTE]
The first rep I spoke to about this said they couldn't guarantee it so I waited a week, emailed them again and another rep sent me codes for both Alan Wake and Red Dead even though I pre-ordered before they were giving credit with them.

I'd say send out a few emails and cross your fingers for instant codes otherwise you might get hosed.

I preordered RDR and Mario Galaxy 2 using the 25OFF code(25% discount on each game if you order more than $100), will i lose the discount if I cancel the MG2 part of the shipment?

Or maybe I can just cancel the order after RDR ships...

What happened to the RDR SE with bonus soundtrack and the in-game bonus item? The product page doesn't mention it anymore.

[quote name='eau']What happened to the RDR SE with bonus soundtrack and the in-game bonus item? The product page doesn't mention it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sold out.

What would GS do when you need to return a game that came with a $10 bonus coupon? Would they mark the game $10 cheaper in the receipt?

Thinking of preordering ModNation that has a $10 coupon + Kratos skin now, and then reorder it with 25% off $100 code along with another game after its release. A dirty workaround since they don't let the current 25% off work on preorder like the last one did.

yeah I called them directly and they couldnt price match, told me right away...however they did add free overnight shipping on top of everything else and as well overnight for my alan wake limited edition, $66.00 for that and overnight, Im satisfied:).

For those of you that ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 with one of the previous codes like "25Off" you may want to try calling them to get free overnight shipping. I got an email saying use "Galaxy" and get overnight shipping for free. I told the guy and he had no problem changing it over for me. Within 20 minutes it shows free overnight in my order status

Like the guy above me said, what happens if you order mario galaxy 2, get the $20 gift card and then return the game after it ships? will they give you the full 49.99 back or just 29.99?

You will keep the code. There is no mention of the code on the packing slip that you would use to return the game in-store. They would have no idea that you had a code. They would just see the actual price you paid listed on the packing slip.

I am basing this on my experience with last week's sales. I placed several orders to take advantage of various coupons and codes, and in the buying frenzy I accidentally ordered 2 copies of Bioshock 2, each of which came with a $10 code. I took one of them back to the store and received a full refund and kept the code.

Out of curiosity, how is GS with honoring promotions that are attached to a game AFTER you preorder the game in question?

Will I have to contact CS to make sure they apply the promotion to my order, or should I be covered?

I asked for some help in retroactively applying 'DEADEYE' and 'GALAXY' for my order. Here's hoping they can help.

Either way, that '25OFF' promo is probably one of the craziest promotions I've seen in a long time. If I could buy new games at that price all of the time, I doubt I'd have much money left over for rent. Crazy deals!

[quote name='AceSam14']so its possible to order a few copies from amazon/gamestop and then return them to get free gift cards..[/QUOTE]

Don't you dare ruin this for us. These deals keep getting better and better, but someone like you is going to ruin it for everyone. If you want to be a scam artist, go do it with something else, please.

I called and had "galaxy" applied and showing up in my order details within 20 minutes. It maybe faster and easier just to call. The guy also said that even if you pre-ordered before the code was offered you should still get it. Again, I would pay close attention to after galaxy ships.

[quote name='AceSam14']so its possible to order a few copies from amazon/gamestop and then return them to get free gift cards..[/QUOTE]

Yes, assuming you don't mind committing refund/return theft...

Seriously, there's no place for that mentality here. :bomb:

[quote name='HydroX']Gah, it appears half the coupon codes (25off, DEADEYE) have been shut down. RACER still works.[/QUOTE]

I thought 25off died awhile ago? I believe it was 25DEAL that was valid this week (might be still).

Also, it seems GS has charged my card for one of my games on preorder, probably RDR.

How long does it usually take to hear back from customer service via email?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I thought 25off died awhile ago? I believe it was 25DEAL that was valid this week (might be still).

Also, it seems GS has charged my card for one of my games on preorder, probably RDR.

How long does it usually take to hear back from customer service via email?[/QUOTE]

I heard back within 24 hours.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']For those of you that ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 with one of the previous codes like "25Off" you may want to try calling them to get free overnight shipping. I got an email saying use "Galaxy" and get overnight shipping for free. I told the guy and he had no problem changing it over for me. Within 20 minutes it shows free overnight in my order status[/QUOTE]

my order status for red dead still says nothing under shipping method after i called cs and was told they upgraded my order to free overnight

anyone else have nothing under shipping method?
just want to make sure its normal since i think ive read only one other person thats had nothing under shipping method

[quote name='Nelo Ice']my order status for red dead still says nothing under shipping method after i called cs and was told they upgraded my order to free overnight

just want to make sure its normal since i think ive read only one other person thats had nothing under shipping method[/QUOTE]

They said it could take a couple of hours for mine eventhough it showed right away. I would give it until this evening before I called back and made sure the change was made.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']my order status for red dead still says nothing under shipping method after i called cs and was told they upgraded my order to free overnight

just want to make sure its normal since i think ive read only one other person thats had nothing under shipping method[/QUOTE]

I sent an email and Tim in CS upgraded my copy of Alan Wake to overnight shipping on Tuesday 5/11. My order is also blank under the shipping method.

Special edition is back for both platforms, also Amazon no longer offers Release Date Delivery on the PS3 version, weird. Both versions didn't have RDD this morning.

[quote name='kyrhon']I heard back within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Must be nice, as my email has gone unanswered. Let's hope I hear something tomorrow.

15WIIDS for 15% off on Mario Galaxy 2, bringing it down to 42.50+tax. Wouldn't stack with GALAXY, but did stack with SAVER.

With my backlog, I'd rather have the 15% off than get it on release day.

i ordered RDR when it wasn't special edition and emailed customer service about whether i can be upgraded or which copy i will receive. Anyone know?

so do they charge ur edge card after the order is processed/shipped?

just wondering since i noticed when i went to checkout it said it was how much they were going to take from my edge card but when i ordered red dead/crackdown 2 with 25% off last month my edge card wasnt charged and on the order history it shows the order total as $98.74 but the gift card as $0.00

im payin with full gs credit and i do have enough on my card to pay for both

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop.com has a new deal on Wii & DS games.
Most notably Super Mario Galaxy 2 with Free Overnight Shipping if you pre-order. That means you get the game at release date!

The page itself already includes $20 coupon code as a bonus.
Get $20 off a future order when you purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2 . The $20 coupon code will be emailed when the order ships. Online Offer only. Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers.
Use coupon code: GALAXY at the checkout and you'd be set.
This may expire in 24hrs (Friday-only) so act fast!

Other related deals for Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the one from Amazon which also comes with a $20 video game credit, but no release date delivery.

Another related GameStop deal is the $20 off purchase of $80+ which expires today.
Other games with $10/$20 off pre-orders.

// Roth

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260793

wait, i'm confused - you knowingly posted a repost and even included a link to the other thread?

does not compute.

mind = blown

rrod.gif

bread's done
Back