10% Best Buy coupons 8/31-9/05

Text "PREMIER" or "SILVER" to 332211 & you can get them sent to your phone each month when there valid. These will have the longer active periods as a benefit to RZ silver members but you don't have to be silver to use them.

[quote name='kyrhon']Are these able to be used for Preorders??[/QUOTE]

You're only paying $5 for your preorder, so you'd be taking 10% off that, and saving .50.

[quote name='mrosnwo']You're only paying $5 for your preorder, so you'd be taking 10% off that, and saving .50.[/QUOTE]

Oh... ): I have never pre-ordered from Best Buy before. Do you not get to pay in full at the time of pre-ordering?

[quote name='kyrhon']Oh... ): I have never pre-ordered from Best Buy before. Do you not get to pay in full at the time of pre-ordering?[/QUOTE]

If you order online, you pay in full, but in store, you just put a $5 deposit down and pay the rest at the time of pickup. Since these coupons are in store only, it's not worth the trouble to use them for preorders. However, they do these coupons about once a month anyway, and I've used them a lot for new release games when no one has a better deal going, so there's always the chance there will be one of these active when a future game comes out that you want. It definately helps me, since Madden is one of my pre-order 5 get $100 certificate games.

99 percent chance "no". First, hardware is excluded on the coupon. But even If you slip that past, it also doesn't combine with any otter offer, e.g. The gift card.

[quote name='Velo214']so if i use this 10% off on madden preorder, will i still be eligible for that $100 gift card back?[/QUOTE]

Should be yeah.

[quote name='Velo214']so if i use this 10% off on madden preorder, will i still be eligible for that $100 gift card back?[/QUOTE]yes, you can use these on all the 5 for $100 games to reduce the overall outta pocket cost. Hopefully all the games you want fall in when the coupons are valid each month.

that's awesome if you can get this for 54+tax. and then 20 off eventually so 34. and tiv will be probly 28. 28 + 40% and you got 39. so you make $5 eventually and you get game on release day and one less preorder you 'need' to have out of the 5. sounds great to me, thanx!
just wish they were giving a gift card bonus also, oh wells

[quote name='nzgc']Will this work on amazon kindle cards?[/QUOTE]Not sure, the coupons that come in the mail exclude POS point of sale cards but I get net10 cards discounted all the time no override needed.

Woah wait, so should I cancel my Gears Pre-order and use this/order again? I used it to get the Triple Pack. When you use this coupon, do you do it when you pre-order or when you pick up the game?

[quote name='karyadi']Woah wait, so should I cancel my Gears Pre-order and use this/order again? I used it to get the Triple Pack. When you use this coupon, do you do it when you pre-order or when you pick up the game?[/QUOTE]Doing it when you pre-order will only take 10% off the $5 pre-order not the $60 you'll need to use it when you p/u the game to get the full discount value off the $60.

not bad if ur pickin stuff up, i'd probably only be there for the brink/hunted deal, and maybe a sub, .50-1.50 isnt really worth teh hassle

If I buy madden on Tuesday can I bring the recipt and the coupon on Wednesday to get the lower price or do I need to wait till Wednesday to buy the game?

[quote name='Velo214']that's awesome if you can get this for 54+tax. and then 20 off eventually so 34. and tiv will be probly 28. 28 + 40% and you got 39. so you make $5 eventually and you get game on release day and one less preorder you 'need' to have out of the 5. sounds great to me, thanx!
just wish they were giving a gift card bonus also, oh wells[/QUOTE]

Okay I apologize if this is a stupid question, since I am not 100% familiar with BB's programs but can someone explain the part that says "...and then 20 off eventually so 34"?

[quote name='nzgc']Will this work on amazon kindle cards?[/QUOTE]

Does NOT work on Kindle cards :(
Just came from Best Buy and tried to apply the coupon. The cashier showed me the screen and politely told me that "POSA" cards are excluded. It apparently also says so on the terms lol.

POSA cards are point of sale activation cards so I'm guessing it doesn't work on Xbox/PSN cards (anymore?).

Oh well...I just wanted to cash out my BB gift card for Amazon credit anyways. No hurt trying :D

[quote name='n10zguy']Okay I apologize if this is a stupid question, since I am not 100% familiar with BB's programs but can someone explain the part that says "...and then 20 off eventually so 34"?[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the preorder 5 games for and get $100 promo where each game counts as $20 off but I could be wrong.

A few weeks back Kyle on the best buy forums told me they were not set up to accept anything other than $5 in store but were working towards that...
When I preordered Madden the other day, the guy ringing me up in the game department asked how much I wanted to pay towards it. I questioned him on it and he stated again that I could put on as much as I want.
1) not sure if that is fact or that all stores are set up for this
2) do not know if coupons like this are valid on preorder deposits

But worth a shot. If nobody reports back, I will over the weekend.

EDIT: As I thought about this more on the drive in, I don't believe it will be of any benefit since we are really just making a deposit and not pre-purchasing the game. Whatever we actually pay now, will be applied to the final cost. Time will tell of course, but I wouldn't get hopes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a 10% off coupon a few weeks ago on my Deus Ex preorder. Paid $4.50. When I picked up Deus Ex, they credited my preorder as being $4.50 of the game pre-paid. So the 10% off is worthless for pre-orders, as they deduct whatever amount you actually paid off the price of the game when you pick it up.

[quote name='Keen314']I used a 10% off coupon a few weeks ago on my Deus Ex preorder. Paid $4.50. When I picked up Deus Ex, they credited my preorder as being $4.50 of the game pre-paid. So the 10% off is worthless for pre-orders, as they deduct whatever amount you actually paid off the price of the game when you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

That is what I suspected. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='Enuf']Doing it when you pre-order will only take 10% off the $5 pre-order not the $60 you'll need to use it when you p/u the game to get the full discount value off the $60.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Keen314']I used a 10% off coupon a few weeks ago on my Deus Ex preorder. Paid $4.50. When I picked up Deus Ex, they credited my preorder as being $4.50 of the game pre-paid. So the 10% off is worthless for pre-orders, as they deduct whatever amount you actually paid off the price of the game when you pick it up.[/QUOTE]^^^

I'm seeing mixed response. When I go to pick up Madden tomorrow will they or will they not discount the price 59.99 or only my preorder my $5 desposit?

Does the coupon work with old phones as well, like an old Blackberry Curve. I can get to the website on the phone, but there is no bar code or anything like that showing. Sorry for the question if obvious, but I have not done one of these phone only coupons before.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I'm seeing mixed response. When I go to pick up Madden tomorrow will they or will they not discount the price 59.99 or only my preorder my $5 desposit?[/QUOTE]If you use the coupon when you pre-order it'll only take 10% off the $5 if you use it when you actually p/u up the game it'll come off the $60.

[quote name='prayformojo']Does the coupon work with old phones as well, like an old Blackberry Curve. I can get to the website on the phone, but there is no bar code or anything like that showing. Sorry for the question if obvious, but I have not done one of these phone only coupons before.[/QUOTE]Even on my net10 phone they work b/c the cashier only needs to type in a code but some others have a actual barcode.

FYI, I got the text today which states 8/31 thru 9/11 (not 9/5 as stated in OP).

Bonus! Now includes Resistance 3

bread's done
Back