$10 Extra trade in credit Wii/Ps3 @GS/EB

[quote name='Megaten']Says it's 30 on the site right now - I think that 25 drop was for a day or so for some reason. Dunno, gonna trade it in tomorrow to find out.[/quote]

It was $25 today - I called and checked 2 different stores.

I think I got jipped. I traded in Rayman RR and it said I got $13. After looking up the value of the game, it seems the base of that is $12. They didn't bother to add the $10 additional like they did to Trauma Center.

I had read the coupon and it didn't say one game per trade in is eligible.. at least I don't think it did. Anyone else run into this?

[quote name='LimpDaddy']I got a used copy ($4.49). The store manager looked over the coupon and said that it didn't say that you couldn't use it on a USED copy, so she overrode it.[/quote]

yep ive only tried with useless register monkeys, guess i should go early tomorrow. thanks for your help amigo

Just called and YUP they screwed me out of the extra credit. Basically said there was nothing they could do because it's "been a day" and told me to try to talk to the store manager (who's conviently on vacation) or assistant store manager (who will be in tomorrow).

If you do this deal with 2 games, make damn sure they give you the correct amount. I had thought they did upon a brief inspection, but apparently I need to look even closer next time. :: kicks self ::

[quote name='NintendoGal']Just called and YUP they screwed me out of the extra credit. Basically said there was nothing they could do because it's "been a day" and told me to try to talk to the store manager (who's conviently on vacation) or assistant store manager (who will be in tomorrow).

If you do this deal with 2 games, make damn sure they give you the correct amount. I had thought they did upon a brief inspection, but apparently I need to look even closer next time. :: kicks self ::[/quote]Yeah, only one promo per transaction. Pretty much makes it a bigger pain in the ass when things are automated than when they had to manually adjust everything, if that's possible.

[quote name='NintendoGal']Just called and YUP they screwed me out of the extra credit. Basically said there was nothing they could do because it's "been a day" and told me to try to talk to the store manager (who's conviently on vacation) or assistant store manager (who will be in tomorrow).

If you do this deal with 2 games, make damn sure they give you the correct amount. I had thought they did upon a brief inspection, but apparently I need to look even closer next time. :: kicks self ::[/quote]

while on one of my many trips to gs i overheard 2 monkeys talking about how once a mother came into the store demanding the games her son's 'friend' had traded in. basically, she said that her sons friend had borrowed *stole* a crap load of games and traded them in to buy a new game. she was so persistant that she totally got in the head of store manager who went to register and 'voided' the deal and gave her her sons games back. so it is possible to undo a trade in deal but i suggest you bring some back up like pacman jones or tank johnson ;)

[quote name='NintendoGal']I think I got jipped. I traded in Rayman RR and it said I got $13. After looking up the value of the game, it seems the base of that is $12. They didn't bother to add the $10 additional like they did to Trauma Center.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, that is particularly painful as I got $38.50 for it from Gamecrazy when they had their 50% bonus promo. As others have said it can be undone (or more likely, you can get your extra $10) if you are persistent enough. I missed out on some credit once on a large transaction. They forgot to scan my Edge card in fact. They said they couldn't just give me credit out of the blue, but offered to manually adjust a game for me on my next trade-ins to give me the extra. Since this was in the middle of the extra $10 for 3 PS2/GC/XBox games last Fall it was no problem for me to bring more in and get that done.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, only one promo per transaction. Pretty much makes it a bigger pain in the ass when things are automated than when they had to manually adjust everything, if that's possible.[/quote]

Maybe at that location, but at my local one they had no problems doing 2 at a time a few days ago. :/

[quote name='io']Ouch, that is particularly painful as I got $38.50 for it from Gamecrazy when they had their 50% bonus promo. As others have said it can be undone (or more likely, you can get your extra $10) if you are persistent enough. I missed out on some credit once on a large transaction. They forgot to scan my Edge card in fact. They said they couldn't just give me credit out of the blue, but offered to manually adjust a game for me on my next trade-ins to give me the extra. Since this was in the middle of the extra $10 for 3 PS2/GC/XBox games last Fall it was no problem for me to bring more in and get that done.[/quote]

Yeah I'm going to be bugging them until I get something out of it. I paid full price for Rayman around launch (yeah I know silly, but hey) and I'd like to at least get close to half of that back, even if it's going right back to them.

The other problem is, I do have another game to trade in, but this is about 30 minutes away and a pain to get to due to construction around the area it's at.

I guess the moral of the story is: deal locally, that way you can get things fixed quickly and not have to travel far to do so.

[quote name='NintendoGal']

Yeah I'm going to be bugging them until I get something out of it. I paid full price for Rayman around launch (yeah I know silly, but hey) and I'd like to at least get close to half of that back, even if it's going right back to them.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I bought Rayman a few days before I got my launch system and paid the full $50 for it at EB Games as well. But when Gamecrazy had that bonus deal and I found out I could get $38.50 for it I didn't so much think of it as losing $12 by trading it in. I figured I would be able to buy it back, new, soon enough, for $20. So I looked at it as gaining $18 ;). However, shortly after that I found out about the sequel and preordered that at EB/GS using the trade 2 deal a few weeks back. So I'll just stick with that one and probably not even buy back the first when it gets cheap (unless, eventually, it is $4 or something :lol:).

Anyways, good luck with your credit!

Well I decided against trading in Big Brain Academy, but I did ebay it. Got $41 plus shipping. After paypal fees, shipping, ebay fees, whatever, I'll probably have around $38.

So anybody planning on trading that in should go ebay instead if they're not too lazy/have the time for the extra few bucks in real money.

[quote name='io']Oh, I bought Rayman a few days before I got my launch system and paid the full $50 for it at EB Games as well. But when Gamecrazy had that bonus deal and I found out I could get $38.50 for it I didn't so much think of it as losing $12 by trading it in. I figured I would be able to buy it back, new, soon enough, for $20. So I looked at it as gaining $18 ;). However, shortly after that I found out about the sequel and preordered that at EB/GS using the trade 2 deal a few weeks back. So I'll just stick with that one and probably not even buy back the first when it gets cheap (unless, eventually, it is $4 or something :lol:).

Anyways, good luck with your credit![/quote]

Usually I'd have the same sentiment, however I didn't get to play it much and would now like to save for other games (Rock Band, other games for my 360).

[quote name='SpazX']After paypal fees, shipping, ebay fees, whatever, I'll probably have around $38.[/quote]

if all this only cost you 3 bux you have to tell me your secret :O) !!!!

[quote name='monkeydeew']if all this only cost you 3 bux you have to tell me your secret :O) !!!![/quote]$41 + shipping = $38 + actual shipping + fees, etc. Figured that's about what I could have gotten, but I've gotten burned out on eBay, so I lost a few bucks doing it the easy way.

[quote name='monkeydeew']if all this only cost you 3 bux you have to tell me your secret :O) !!!![/quote]

Yeah, what botticus said. I charge $4 for shipping and it costs between $1.99 and $2.33 to ship them (not taking into account paper, ink, and packaging, but that might add like $.25 to each one or something).

So $.55 to list (with gallery), $2.33 to ship, $1.50 or so final value fee, and $1.50 or so paypal fee ends up taking the $4 and $2 or 3 from my payment.

I seem to get pretty lucky on ebay and most of my stuff goes above the average completed price. I probably would've just traded it in with the coupon if I wasn't also listing some other games and need the money rather than credit.

Update: Everything is all good between GS and I.

Called and the assistant manager (manager is on vacation apparently) and he had to call his boss and so on.

Long story short, they had sold my copy of the game, but before realizing this they charged me the difference I had already spent (I only had $8 on my Edge card) which was about $5. Then when the person realized this, he issued me a refund for $13 in cash (the value of the game) and added $10 to my edge card.

I'm quite pleased with them and how they handled the situation. I was sorry he was the only one working there at the time though (not the same guy, someone else since it was near closing) because many people wanted to check out.

[quote name='NintendoGal']Update: Everything is all good between GS and I.

Called and the assistant manager (manager is on vacation apparently) and he had to call his boss and so on.

Long story short, they had sold my copy of the game, but before realizing this they charged me the difference I had already spent (I only had $8 on my Edge card) which was about $5. Then when the person realized this, he issued me a refund for $13 in cash (the value of the game) and added $10 to my edge card.

I'm quite pleased with them and how they handled the situation. I was sorry he was the only one working there at the time though (not the same guy, someone else since it was near closing) because many people wanted to check out.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so you got your $10 trade bonus AND the original trade value of $13 back in cash (in addition to keeping the $13 in credit you got originally)? If so, I'd certainly be pleased too ;).

Called a sec. ago and got the trade in prices for the following (before the extra $10)

MP8 - $30
RE4 - $15
Scarface - $16
SMB - $11
Trauma Center - $14
Wii Play - $10

Thinking about trading mp8 and wii play for $60 to get Ninja Gaiden for my shiny new PS3.

Prices before $10 extra:

Super Paper Mario - $25.00
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - $14.00
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $25.00
Avatar - The Last Airbender - $7.00

[quote name='io']Wait, so you got your $10 trade bonus AND the original trade value of $13 back in cash (in addition to keeping the $13 in credit you got originally)? If so, I'd certainly be pleased too ;).[/quote]
No, I got $13 back in cash and the $10 (on the Edge Card) I should have originally received with the trade-in coupon.

I had $8 on my Edge Card originally when I went there, then to get the game back I had to pay $5 more on my debit card. Which makes a total of $13, the amount of store credit for the game. Since they couldn't cancel the transaction because it was debit, the guy simply issued a cash refund of the full amount (why I don't know, but I didn't care, whatever made it easier for him).

bread's done
Back