$10 off $10+ order at buy.com when using ebill me

TheOmegaSoldier

CAGiversary!
I am not the creator of this, only posting it here so you CAGs can use it. It originally came from slickdeals.

I just used it myself and can confirm it works. Got crackdown for $2.98 shipped. It doesnt look like you can go through bing --> buy.com --> ebill me, as I haven't gotten my bing email yet, but I will update if I recieve it.

---------------------------------------------------

$10 off $10 + order at buy.com with code buy10dec At http://www.buy.com add items to your cart, click on place order or checkout or whatever after you have selected ebillme as your payment. On the first ebillme page, in the upper right corner, use code buy10dec & you'll get $10 off your order. (from another post in this thread, I think shipping can be included with the discount)

When you go to the ebillme site, you have the opportunity to cancel the order at the first ebillme page. At the bottom of the page, you either continue to get the info to make payment or you cancel and go back to buy.com. One use per customer, expires 12/28/09. I have used ebillme before and was able to use this code.

This is just like any other online bill paying you do thru your bank. ebillme does not get any of your information. In fact, they provide you w/ an account number that you provide to your bank. I have posted security, etc info later down this thread.

Did a search and did not see this posted, sorry if a repeat.

Thanks to annies3boys for this ...

Save $10 when you pay with eBillme at Buy.com

Limited time offer! Offer valid from December 9th, 2009 to December 28th, 2009

Terms & Conditions

- Introductory offer for orders over $10 (Including shipping, taxes and any merchant discounts)
- There is a limit of one (1) coupon per person, household or address
- Order must be paid in full and meet minimum order requirements
- Offer not valid on purchase of Gift Cards

Copied this fromm their website:

How to get your eBillme discount

1. Select eBillme as your payment option on the Buy.com checkout page.
2. On the first eBillme checkout page, apply the coupon code buy10dec
3. Your total discount will be reflected on the bill you receive from eBillme

more information available at http://slickdeals.net/forums:applause:/showthread.php?threadid=1733687

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, but isn't this service just like Bill Me Later which can have a negative impact on your credit score?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has anything to do with your credit unless you for some reason don't pay the bill. I was able to set it up with my bank account online in a couple minutes and it went right through. There was no checking of my SSN or any information like that.

They send you an electronic bill for whatever you buy at buy.com, and you can pay it online with your bank account, then they ship your purchase.

I have a feeling this code will go dead shortly, or restrictions will be added.

Do I have to cancel my account with eBill later on or any other catches it might have?

You don't create an account

They give you their payment account number and all other info necessary to set up a bill pay payment through your bank account. No loose ends

[quote name='WTFer']Do I have to cancel my account with eBill later on or any other catches it might have?[/QUOTE]

I dont know, this is my first time using them, but I'd love to hear from anyone that knows if they have any catches.

Yeah, you don't even give them any of your information. They give you their information and you input it into the bill-paying section of your bank account and they take care of the rest. Seems to work great.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Yeah, you don't even give them any of your information. They give you their information and you input it into the bill-paying section of your bank account and they take care of the rest. Seems to work great.[/QUOTE]

Then how do they insure that you pay the bill? Does the order not get processed until payment is made?

[quote name='bojay1997']Then how do they insure that you pay the bill? Does the order not get processed until payment is made?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They'll tell Buy.com to process the order once they confirm payment.

The OP is correct. You basically have to send the money to them in order for them to send your item. I bought the 1600 points as Mizzou for $10 Free Shipping. It is an excellent price and I am glad I did it. You have to wait for it to process but there is no information about yourself that is sent to ebillme. They tell Buy.com that you paid for the item and they will send it.

cool, maybe I will get the new silent hill
does it work with marketplace items, or buy.com only?

[quote name='Casteor']Too much trouble.[/QUOTE]

If you consider 60 seconds too much trouble then you will miss out tons of solid deals here

Whew! That was tough! Took all of about 5 minutes. Navigated to 1600 point card, got the ebillme message, logged into my bank account and bingo. A $10 1600 point card. Thanks to the OP and the poster who reminded me I needed some points. Awesome!

anyone see any $1 or free game for the 360 after the $10 off? all the ones im finding for like $8-$10 have like $6 shipping making it 14.99 or something.

[quote name='anthonyd46']anyone see any $1 or free game for the 360 after the $10 off? all the ones im finding for like $8-$10 have like $6 shipping making it 14.99 or something.[/QUOTE]

The slowest shipping offered is usually free.

[quote name='Mizzou75']The slowest shipping offered is usually free.[/QUOTE]

It seems like any games with free shipping is more than ten bucks. Not too many with free shipping at that low of a price point.

Instead of going for a "free" game, just get a much better one for a few bucks more, or a points card. A lot of new games msrp have dropped to 19.99, like Riddick or Bionic commando, which is 15.50.

So far Under $5(after coupon):

All on 360

Meet the Robinsions 3.99
Walle 3.99
Tna impact 3.99
Top spin 2 3.99
Nascar 09 5.99
Project Scypleed 3.00
Wartech 4.49
Rock rev 4.99
Stormrise 3.99
Stranglehold collectors 4.49
Facebreaker 4.08
Golden compass 4.99
College hoops 2k7 2.99
Nhl 2k7 3.99
Space chimps 3.99
Amped 3 4.99
DDR 2 4.00
Nba street homecourt 3.99

[quote name='ProggleRock']I refuse to buy anything from buy.com again.[/QUOTE]

Helps if you explain your story...or link to somewhere where you typed it up :p

Awesome, but I'm a bit confused.

Can I use my debit card with this? I'm really not one for Credit Cards, so I don't know if Bill Me Later implies you need a credit card.

Now I can't find where to put the code in. I can't find it at the first checkout page. >.>

Nvm, I had to cancel the order, I never edited the shipping method. >.>

i feel ridicilious... I can't figure out where to put the promo code... can someone up a screen shot? (with the appropriate info blurred of course)

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']i feel ridicilious... I can't figure out where to put the promo code... can someone up a screen shot? (with the appropriate info blurred of course)[/QUOTE]

you have confirm the purchase first, the code does not go into buy.com. Change your payment to ebill and hit submit, then you're taken to another site, the ebill site. This is where the code is, you cant miss it. Then you get a popup/email of the info for payment.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']you have confirm the purchase first, the code does not go into buy.com. Change your payment to ebill and hit submit, then you're taken to another site, the ebill site. This is where the code is, you cant miss it. Then you get a popup/email of the info for payment.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help!!!

This was great - ordered a pair of hardwood speaker stands for $33 before the eBillme coupon. I appreciate you posting it.

Nice OP. Just got a 12 month Xbox card for 29.99 with the free shipping option. Much better than the $8 a month I have been paying since I've been to lazy to go the store.

[quote name='Hudson187']What are you guys getting?[/QUOTE]

1600 points for $10 is what I ended up with. With the upcoming discounts on Shadow Complex, The Maw, and other things, I figured I would get the most out of it this way.

I was thinking of grabbing a points card as well, but I don't even want anything on Live... Buy.com prices seem higher than most...

Another question about the people that are taking about logging in to your Bank Accounts to pay for this?
I have nothing set up or tied to my bank account through the internet, I just use Credit Card or Debit Card.

Would I have to open my Bank account through their site to use this promo?

A few other things, I'm not seeing the ebillme option during checkout.
I see a BillMeLater checkout, but that seems different, is it?

Also on ebillme site, they are saying you can get $25 back on $100 or more purchase on Tiger Direct's site, good if your buying a console.

edit:

Seems as well the $10 off works on:
kmart.com
Sears.com
Abt Electronics

ebillme and BillMeLater are completely different things. BillMeLater is basically an application for credit - IMO the discounts they offer aren't worth a hard pull on your credit report.

ebillme basically just works as an intermediary between you and the seller. You set up ebillme as a payee on your bank account's website, and authorize the bank to send a payment to ebillme - they receive and process the payment, and authorize the seller to ship the product. You don't give them any of your bank account info., your end of the transaction is processed entirely with the bank, who then sends the payment. ebillme doesn't receive your bank account or debit account info. (I would NEVER use my checking account or a debit card for an online purchase - not worth the risk when CCs have more or less zero liability in the event of fraud.) I've used ebillme once before for a similar promotion with no issues, aside from the fact that using the service adds a couple days to the order process.

This seems like a half way decent deal, provided I can find something I want within the right price range.

[quote name='anthonyd46']So far Under $5(after coupon):

Stranglehold collectors 4.49

[/QUOTE]

Would be worth it for that for a copy of Hard Boiled for less than five

[quote name='WTFer']A few other things, I'm not seeing the ebillme option during checkout.
I see a BillMeLater checkout, but that seems different, is it?

Also on ebillme site, they are saying you can get $25 back on $100 or more purchase on Tiger Direct's site, good if your buying a console.

edit:

Seems as well the $10 off works on:
kmart.com
Sears.com
Abt Electronics[/QUOTE]

I was confused by that too. When you get to the final payment page (after selecting shipping etc), there should be a small link to "Change payment method" listed below your chosen method. You can find eBillme there - it doesn't show up anywhere else, at least not where I could find it.

bread's done
Back