$10 off $10+ order at buy.com when using ebill me

TheOmegaSoldier

CAGiversary!
I am not the creator of this, only posting it here so you CAGs can use it. It originally came from slickdeals.

I just used it myself and can confirm it works. Got crackdown for $2.98 shipped. It doesnt look like you can go through bing --> buy.com --> ebill me, as I haven't gotten my bing email yet, but I will update if I recieve it.

---------------------------------------------------

$10 off $10 + order at buy.com with code buy10dec At http://www.buy.com add items to your cart, click on place order or checkout or whatever after you have selected ebillme as your payment. On the first ebillme page, in the upper right corner, use code buy10dec & you'll get $10 off your order. (from another post in this thread, I think shipping can be included with the discount)

When you go to the ebillme site, you have the opportunity to cancel the order at the first ebillme page. At the bottom of the page, you either continue to get the info to make payment or you cancel and go back to buy.com. One use per customer, expires 12/28/09. I have used ebillme before and was able to use this code.

This is just like any other online bill paying you do thru your bank. ebillme does not get any of your information. In fact, they provide you w/ an account number that you provide to your bank. I have posted security, etc info later down this thread.

Did a search and did not see this posted, sorry if a repeat.

Thanks to annies3boys for this ...

Save $10 when you pay with eBillme at Buy.com

Limited time offer! Offer valid from December 9th, 2009 to December 28th, 2009

Terms & Conditions

- Introductory offer for orders over $10 (Including shipping, taxes and any merchant discounts)
- There is a limit of one (1) coupon per person, household or address
- Order must be paid in full and meet minimum order requirements
- Offer not valid on purchase of Gift Cards

Copied this fromm their website:

How to get your eBillme discount

1. Select eBillme as your payment option on the Buy.com checkout page.
2. On the first eBillme checkout page, apply the coupon code buy10dec
3. Your total discount will be reflected on the bill you receive from eBillme

more information available at http://slickdeals.net/forums:applause:/showthread.php?threadid=1733687

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sengar']ebillme and BillMeLater are completely different things. BillMeLater is basically an application for credit - IMO the discounts they offer aren't worth a hard pull on your credit report.

ebillme basically just works as an intermediary between you and the seller. You set up ebillme as a payee on your bank account's website, and authorize the bank to send a payment to ebillme - they receive and process the payment, and authorize the seller to ship the product. You don't give them any of your bank account info., your end of the transaction is processed entirely with the bank, who then sends the payment. ebillme doesn't receive your bank account or debit account info. (I would NEVER use my checking account or a debit card for an online purchase - not worth the risk when CCs have more or less zero liability in the event of fraud.) I've used ebillme once before for a similar promotion with no issues, aside from the fact that using the service adds a couple days to the order process.

This seems like a half way decent deal, provided I can find something I want within the right price range.[/QUOTE]

Oh o.k. I see now, so I have to set up an account on my Bank's website first or go into one of their supported walk-in locations that they have on their site to finish the transaction.

Seems like a lot of work for a lousy $10 discount, not to mention the tax CA buyers have to pay :/

Followed the directions, bought 1600 MSFT points for $10. Very easy.

As other posters have said, you have to do a 'normal' checkout, without selecting any of the specific payer options (e.g., paypal, billmelater). On the final page before ordering, you need to select 'Change payment method', and ebillme is an option there. Select it, confirm the order, and you'll immediately be taken to the eBillme site. It's *there* that you use the coupon code.

Follow the ebillme directions to pay them through one of 3 options. Not as immediate as paypal, but totally worth the few minutes to set up eBillme as a payee at my bank. In fact, they were already in the system - I just had to set my ebillme-provided account number. YMMV there.

If you have a credit card through your bank (i.e. a BOA visa cc or a Chase Visa, etc.) you should be able to select it as a payment method through eBillme... your bank shouldn't care which account you use to pay the bill with (or at least BOA would have allowed me to use my cc to pay).

I just got Dark Sector for PS3 for 2.99 shipped. It was the cheapest game I could find for PS3 and it got a decent (7.7) reveiw on ign.com. If I don't like it I can probably sell it to the local game trade store and break even. The checkout process was a little confusing, but if you just need to go to change billing method, select ebillme then submit the order. It will still quote the full price but after you submit then you go to the ebillme site and you enter the promo code there. That is the part that had me confused. Then you go to your banks online epayment site and put in ebillme's info that comes in the popup. If you dont have online banking setup with your bank this probably won't work. You have to pay the bill before they ship.

[quote name='anthonyd46']so ebill me must be taken from ur bank cant do it from ur cc?[/QUOTE]

well my bank allows me to make payments via my CC with ebills since both my checking account and CC account are both there.

[quote name='vherub']cool, maybe I will get the new silent hill
does it work with marketplace items, or buy.com only?[/QUOTE]

I just used it to buy something that was not sold by BUY.com and it worked.

Wow, nice deal! It seems easier to do than the Google Checkout deal a year or more ago, albeit harder to take advantage of.

Thanks for the post, OP.

[quote name='sengar']ebillme and BillMeLater are completely different things. BillMeLater is basically an application for credit - IMO the discounts they offer aren't worth a hard pull on your credit report.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not now but BML sure was worth a hard pull last year at this time. Unlimted 5 off 30 or 10 off 50 at amazon and 75 off 200 (or 250 forgot) via statement credit. Since then, my BillMeLater account has not been billing me later due to no deals. :lol:

Dead. Coupon expired early. I snoozed and lost. Inevitable, since this was the whole "$10 off with Google Checkout" deal all over again where you can keep on ordering with different accounts.

^^ yeah, I just found that out too. I was waiting to find out if you could actually do that, found out tonight that you could, and then also found out that they moved the expiration date from the 28th up to tonight. bummer, but i'm glad i got one order in.

[quote name='AlphakirA']Mizzou, that's coming up invalid for me. Does it need to be a certain price? My order is $11.99[/QUOTE]

Nope. I used it to pick up a CD I was looking for for my collection. Bought it off a merchant for $5.02 shipped, so it only cost me $0.02 (well, my bank site said the minimum payment was $1 so I had to send them $1, but whatever). Just test-ran it on a Live card and it worked fine. Keep trying.

[quote name='Mizzou75']on a side, there is a $5 off coupon now. Buy5OFF0110[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Picked up the Crackdown/Perfect Dark Zero/Project Sylpheed+2 battery pack bundle for $24.99!

Now I've just got to flip those games and I'll have some free battery packs in funny colors.

bread's done
Back