10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MPCanes']I never got a validation e-mail where I could enter payment info - I got the validation e-mail to sign up for the newsletter, i clicked that link, and now I get newsletters but I still can't give them money.

WTF? You'd think they'd, you know, want money.[/quote]

Yeah I just got my membership it took forever to get to the part where you have to pay.

The hell. Last week I bought $150 worth of older games lmfao I suck :(

It seems like a good deal. I shan't be abusing this deal :) Thank you OP!
EDIT: and yes it did take forever to get to the area where you pay haha. Annoying as hell.

How do you get the college student discount?
When I clicked that link it took me to the regular place, I tried contacting them 36 hours ago and nothing yet.

Also will this work on pre-orders? I want Arkham Asylum

[quote name='serenitygod']How do you get the college student discount?
When I clicked that link it took me to the regular place, I tried contacting them 36 hours ago and nothing yet.

Also will this work on pre-orders? I want Arkham Asylum[/quote]
College student discount applies automatically when you sign up with a .edu email address.

Yes. this will work on pre-orders.

[quote name='isofan1']how reliable is this I'm about to pay the 14.99 but I'm not so sure[/quote]

I paid $19.99 last week and with some pre-orders and a Gold Box, it has already paid for itself.

holy crap hehe.. good thing I used my college email $14.99 is a sweet deal and it works I just got infamous for $52.65 that's $12 cheaper than i would pay at any gamestop or target

I was able to use the ECA with the 360 Street Fighter SE Stick on Amazon. Total cost w/ Prime was just over 70 bucks. Not bad.

[quote name='chibamm']I was able to use the ECA with the 360 Street Fighter SE Stick on Amazon. Total cost w/ Prime was just over 70 bucks. Not bad.[/quote]

Wow. Good find. I wish i would have thought of that :bomb:

I think that this promotion is now linked to my Amazon account. Mass Effect 2 was in my Gold Box this morning at 10% off, so I figured I'd preorder and get another 10% off. I generated a new code and didn't need to enter it. It's possible that I entered a code previously and it just remembered it, but I can't remember now.

In the end, $48.44 for ME2. And if I decide I don't want it, I can always cancel. Gotta love this ECA perk!

[quote name='Lucian']It's possible that I entered a code previously and it just remembered it, but I can't remember now.[/quote]

This is what happened

Loving getting the discount but just encountered my first problem with the coupon not taking.

The 10% off wont apply to Final Fantasy Origins.

Yes I made sure the seller was amazon.com itself - selling for 19.99 w/prime. And yes the code was active, I put a fresh one in and it said the game wasn't eligible even though it should be, and I have added more expensive games and the discount took no problem. The game is listed as a video game and I have bought other cheap games (thus it is not seller, item category, or price), so I am curious to know what the issue is?

Anyone else come across something like this?

[quote name='bywaytm']Loving getting the discount but just encountered my first problem with the coupon not taking.

Yes I made sure the seller was amazon.com itself - selling for 19.99 w/prime. And yes the code was active, I put a fresh one in and it said the game wasn't eligible even though it should be, and I have added more expensive games and the discount took no problem. The game is listed as a video game and I have bought other cheap games (thus it is not seller, item category, or price), so I am curious to know what the issue is?

Anyone else come across something like this?[/quote]

Uh oh, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Have you tried doing a pre-order of something else to make sure it's still working for you?

[quote name='bywaytm']Loving getting the discount but just encountered my first problem with the coupon not taking.

Anyone else come across something like this?[/quote]Try another PS1 game, just for kicks?

Yep, just tried Chrono Cross (after successfully using it on Little King's Story this morning) and it doesn't take. Might be worth contacting Amazon about.

[quote name='bearcatjosh']Uh oh, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Have you tried doing a pre-order of something else to make sure it's still working for you?[/quote]

Yep it works fine for other things: I just added a pre-order of the new Gears of war DLC retail Package (like GTA Lost and The Damned) and it takes off 2 dollars fine even though it is a pre-order for $20.

Just checked: It doesn't work on final fantasy chronicles either. Perhaps It doesn't work on any PS one games?

[quote name='botticus']Try another PS1 game, just for kicks?

Yep, just tried Chrono Cross (after successfully using it on Little King's Story this morning) and it doesn't take.[/quote]

Well then it definitely looks like it doesn't apply to any PS one games. Interesting to know. I wonder if Amazon/ECA know this?

Thanks to this, I just picked up inFAMOUS for $51 shipped and gonna get it on release day. Almost paid off this membership already. $6 for Madden, $5.40 for inFAMOUS

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Yeah I just got my membership it took forever to get to the part where you have to pay.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "to get to the part"? Do you mean you had to wait for them to send you an offer, and it took a while? I joined on the website, but don't see anywhere on the website where you can pay for a membership.

[quote name='Ghandi2002']Interested in joining, but I just don't like the feeling of auto renewal. I'd hop in if they got rid of this.[/QUOTE]
I hear ya. I don't like auto renewals either, but I couldn't pass this one up. I keep track of my spending pretty closely, though, so I make a note of it so I'll remember to cancel before it automatically renews. To me, this one is worth the effort.

[quote name='Lucian']I think that this promotion is now linked to my Amazon account. Mass Effect 2 was in my Gold Box this morning at 10% off, so I figured I'd preorder and get another 10% off. I generated a new code and didn't need to enter it. It's possible that I entered a code previously and it just remembered it, but I can't remember now.

In the end, $48.44 for ME2. And if I decide I don't want it, I can always cancel. Gotta love this ECA perk![/QUOTE]

[quote name='jacknicklson']This is what happened[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're right. Uncharted 2 showed up in my Gold Box this morning and I had to enter a new code. Amazon is trying to make me broke. STOP PUTTING GOOD STUFF IN MY GOLD BOX, AMAZON!!!

Signed up for this. Its a good deal either way.

What this really does for me is negate taxes (and a smidgen of a discount) on my video game buying :applause:

Already used it on the Kingdom Hearts pre-order for the DS and saved $3.50.

This membership is worth it in the long run.

Is this something that's going to be available all year? I'd really rather wait till black friday or some time when I'm really going to take advantage of it. Anyone now how long this promo's gonna last?

Checked to see if it works on the 120GB Hard Drive. It does. Now just gotta save some dough to buy one. 20 GB just don't cut it anymore.

I didn't sign up because I was under the impression they only had 1 10% off coupon for amazon per person. cheapys post was misleading. So basically you can get a 10% off coupon every time you order from amazon, but it can only be used on 1 item? Is that correct?

[quote name='slowdive21']I didn't sign up because I was under the impression they only had 1 10% off coupon for amazon per person. cheapys post was misleading. So basically you can get a 10% off coupon every time you order from amazon, but it can only be used on 1 item? Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

You have to use 1 coupon per item you gotta buy them separately, so download the coupon code buy a game use the coupon in checout and then you generate another coupon and buy another game.

you think amazon just let the coupon take 10% off the whole gaming order rather than having people buy multiple items which creates more orders ans shipping

Is this reliable yet for Amazon discounts? As in, are unique codes available for members yet so that we can get the discount multiple times a year?

[quote name='pochi26']You have to use 1 coupon per item you gotta buy them separately, so download the coupon code buy a game use the coupon in checout and then you generate another coupon and buy another game.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, each code seems to stick to your account for at least a few days if not a week. So I would try checking out first before going through the work of generating a code for every new order.

Does a ECA code stack on top of a lightning deal? AFAIK lighting deals are just regularly priced items with a coupon discount automatically applied to your account when you claim them. So I'm not sure if the ECA code will stack on top.

[quote name='eau']Does a ECA code stack on top of a lightning deal? AFAIK lighting deals are just regularly priced items with a coupon discount automatically applied to your account when you claim them. So I'm not sure if the ECA code will stack on top.[/QUOTE]

Yes,
it even takes the discount off the original price and not the gold box price

[quote name='GuardianE']Is this reliable yet for Amazon discounts? As in, are unique codes available for members yet so that we can get the discount multiple times a year?[/QUOTE]

I've already used it 4-5 times in a week without any problems.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Yes,
it even takes the discount off the original price and not the gold box price
[/QUOTE]

Sweet. we need another video game gold box day.

[quote name='bywaytm']In my experience, each code seems to stick to your account for at least a few days if not a week. So I would try checking out first before going through the work of generating a code for every new order.[/QUOTE]

Really?

The only time I don't have to generate a new code is if I already put one in for an ineligible order, or put one in for an order I didn't complete (in which case, the code did not yet get used until my current order). anyone else not have to generate a new code each time?

hmmm i am confused... i signed up for ECA... but... i am logged in, but never got charged a cent... do i need to become a premium member or something?

EDIT:

nm i got the verification email...now how do I enter that I am a student... or do i need to sign up from the get-go as a student?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WuGgaRoO']hmmm i am confused... i signed up for ECA... but... i am logged in, but never got charged a cent... do i need to become a premium member or something?

EDIT:

nm i got the verification email...now how do I enter that I am a student... or do i need to sign up from the get-go as a student?[/QUOTE]
You need to signup using a .edu email address. After paying, you can change it to whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back