10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WuGgaRoO']hmmm i am confused... i signed up for ECA... but... i am logged in, but never got charged a cent... do i need to become a premium member or something?

EDIT:

nm i got the verification email...now how do I enter that I am a student... or do i need to sign up from the get-go as a student?[/QUOTE]
You could log in but you won't have the permission to go to the members area (where you can generate codes, etc) until you pay for the membership.

You don't get to say if you're a student or not. They recognize you as a student if and only if you use a .edu email address when you sign up.

so can i just use a fake edu to sign up then?

I ask this because I am a Canadian living in the US and my University email. is a .ca ....

[quote name='buffcorp']so can i just use a fake edu to sign up then?

I ask this because I am a Canadian living in the US and my University email. is a .ca ....[/QUOTE]
I don't know how you plan on getting the validation email, and I believe that all .edu accounts are tied directly into each individual university's own network infrastructure. So, unless you have a friend that has a .edu student email that doesn't play video games you can borrow, or break into a university network and create a fake .edu email you may just have to email the ECA.

I'm sure they'll work it out if you just provide relevant info (School name, IT phone #, etc)

Finally signed up and bought Punch-Out!! :)

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: $2.00
Super Saver Discount: $4.49
Promotion Applied: $4.00
Total Before Tax: $33.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $33.99

Don't forget to use your discount to buy stuff for Child's Play. Link is to the Akron Children's Hospital only because it's first on the list. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/ITT0Z14H9INO/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go

Dang, that is REALLY tempting on Punch Out. When stuff hits $40 I'm a LOT more free about buying it than I am at $50 or $60.

I love the original but didn't like Super as much, and haven't been able to stand a boxing game since.

I don't know what to think-if it really plays like the original I'm fairly excited, but I'm with some of the people that I have to get over the fact that it's on the Wii :whistle2:/ Still...

Don't know if this was posted yet, but thought it was worth noting. I ordered Samba De Amigo just a min ago. It was a gold box lightning deal. I used my ECA discount and it took the 10% off the regular, non deal price. So it's a little extra off than expecting. Awesome.

What's weird is the discount wouldn't work when I ordered a more expensive, non-discounted game a few weeks back (it was like $10 maybe, for breakdown...I may have the number wrong).

I saw that deal, and...I don't know. As rhythm games go, I'm tempted, but I just don't like the genre.

[quote name='kaze0']Maybe I'm an idiot but how do I pay?[/QUOTE]

When you get the confirmation e-mail, you'll click on a link and it'll take you to the page.

Note: The confirmation e-mail took forever to show up and appeared in my spam box. Make sure to check.

My .mil address never got anything. My .edu address only got the newsletter email, which I thought was the main confirmation, but wasn't. So I gave up and just used my gmail, ugh. $5 down the drain

I have the same problem as kaze. I don't understand what the problem is. I emailed the website to see if they will send me something.

[quote name='snatcher33']Would this work for strategy guides as well?????[/QUOTE]

No, it does not work with strategy guide. I use guides as filler.

Man, GOW 3 just show up on my gold box quick pick. I just can't say no... :(

Codes seem to be broken for me now. Worked fine and now when I try to generate a new code the same code appears and of course Amazon tells me that code has been redeemed. Wonder if anyone else is having a problem?

[quote name='kklems']Codes seem to be broken for me now. Worked fine and now when I try to generate a new code the same code appears and of course Amazon tells me that code has been redeemed. Wonder if anyone else is having a problem?[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same issue, so you are not alone.

[quote name='kklems']Codes seem to be broken for me now. Worked fine and now when I try to generate a new code the same code appears and of course Amazon tells me that code has been redeemed. Wonder if anyone else is having a problem?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='astupiddream']I'm having the same issue, so you are not alone.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here.

Alright, so I'm still confused. I want to join... but only if the Amazon codes are working reliably. What's the status on this? It looks like it works for some and not for others.

I tried to generate a new code this morning and it didn't work. The same previously used code is displayed after clicking on the 'Click here to get another offer code' link. Anybody else seeing this behavior? I never had any issues previously.

Maybe they've ran out of the one use codes and are about to implement the multi-use code tied to each members account?

[quote name='no_exit']I tried to generate a new code this morning and it didn't work. The same previously used code is displayed after clicking on the 'Click here to get another offer code' link. Anybody else seeing this behavior? I never had any issues previously.[/QUOTE]

so am i this is so lame grr

I just checked and I also can't generate a new code. Has anyone tried ordering something? Maybe it's linked to our accounts and we no longer need codes

Edit: just tried, and at checkout the code was not automatically taken off. Hmm

I don't even see a link to generate a code now... "To access this valuable new members-only discount, please click on the link below."

There is no link. I joined this morning.

Yep I'm having the same problem with codes not being generated any more. I was going to pre-order Modern Warfare 2 but not until this is fixed. Did they run out of codes or something?

I just tried to generate a new code & had no luck.

That said, the last 2-3 orders that I have placed, including one this morning, didn't require a code for whatever reason, the 10% was automatically deducted.

[quote name='lilboo']Im going to assume if your ECA & Amazon e-mail address are the same it'll just work automatically.[/QUOTE]
Mine are the same and it does not take off the 10% automatically. I always need to use a code.

My ECA and Amazon email address are the same, does not work automatically; although in the 10-15 games i ordered a few (2-3) have had the discount already applied for a some reason.

And yeah, trying to get POP with the discount and it won't generate a new code for me either.

i think that amazon actually checks your clipboard (stuff that you copied or cut) and applies the code if its applicable.

but mine also stopped generated new codes as well.

The ECA (maybe Hal) had mentioned there were a limited number of amazon codes, and that the sooner they went through those codes, the sooner they could get amazon to implement a 1-code per account rather than generating unique codes every time.

If they have run out of codes, I would guess it might be a few days before they replenish/or go with a unique code system.
Just guessing out loud based on how long it took to fix the ability to generate more codes.
I suggest posting in the eca forum so they are more quick to address this:

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?p=99822#post99822

[quote name='philmcfly']I don't even see a link to generate a code now... "To access this valuable new members-only discount, please click on the link below."

There is no link. I joined this morning.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. I joined a couple weeks ago but have not tried to use it until now.

[quote name='Killrig']There's a forum topic on the ECA site. No official response yet, but I'll include a link here:

http://forums.theeca.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

I also sent an email to "web(at)theeca(dot)com", asking when the issue would be resolved.[/QUOTE]

Learned about this from the forum link quoted above...

If you check the Amazon section of your Members Area, it currently says the following message:

ECA has ran out of codes and we are waiting for new one's to come in from Amazon. Please stay tuned as we are not sure when we will receive them.

[quote name='newlu']Sounds like they're not sure if they'll be getting anymore codes.[/QUOTE]
That would suck. Glad I put in a bunch of preorders!

Wow i just paid 14.99 last night i want my refund because this membership sucks without it i never even got 1 code.

[quote name='vherub']The ECA (maybe Hal) had mentioned there were a limited number of amazon codes, and that the sooner they went through those codes, the sooner they could get amazon to implement a 1-code per account rather than generating unique codes every time.

If they have run out of codes, I would guess it might be a few days before they replenish/or go with a unique code system.
Just guessing out loud based on how long it took to fix the ability to generate more codes.
I suggest posting in the eca forum so they are more quick to address this:

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?p=99822#post99822[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is likely the case.

[quote name='newlu']Sounds like they're not sure if they'll be getting anymore codes.[/QUOTE]
What exactly are you basing that on?

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, this is likely the case.

What exactly are you basing that on?[/QUOTE]

ECA has ran out of codes and we are waiting for new one's to come in from Amazon. Please stay tuned as we are not sure when we will receive them.

This is just my speculation, sorry if I started a panic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back