10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='s2k']Wow i just paid 14.99 last night i want my refund because this membership sucks without it i never even got 1 code.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking of getting one this week. Dman it. But like someone else said, it sometimes applies it by itself w/out code. Any advice on what I should do? I might bite inFamous from amazon but now not sure.

I'm not really feeling this now. I don't blame them for the problem but I do blame them for the way it was handled. If they are not sure the code will work then that should be displayed on the front page or better yet taken down until it is fixed. If they can not handle a simple thing like this how are they going to support my interest in games legally?

I will have to look into them more before I give them any money. With a working code I probably wouldn't care but without it that is all that matters. Anybody know what these guys have done?

Im just happy I got in on BlazBlue, Punchout, Batman Arkham CE, Wii Resort and InFAMOUS before this happened.

Just sucks for Cags that were gonna purchase soon. Hope they fix this soon for everyone.

I'm thinking about canceling my ECA membership. so far. I've gotten 1 code and it seems pretty much pointless for me in new york.

how is everyone else doing with this "10%"

im also trying to get ECA to refund my money and cancel my account, but they wont call me back. plus when you call up and ask for customer service your given to a guy called seth, at least i was...and it always goes to voice mail.

[quote name='Trufatty']I'm thinking about canceling my ECA membership. so far. I've gotten 1 code and it seems pretty much pointless for me in new york.

im also trying to get ECA to refund my money and cancel my account, but they wont call me back. plus when you call up and ask for customer service your given to a guy called seth, at least i was...and it always goes to voice mail.[/QUOTE]

If you got/used a code then you don't deserve crap back.

jesus christ its been a day, people here are acting like the sky is falling, its a discount that's already paid for itself for most of us yet for some reason we act like if it ever doesnt work that we wasted our money somehow and must demand a refund.

Trufatty and everyone else bitching, again its been a day and the codes have worked flawlessly thus far, calm the hell down.

[quote name='Trufatty']I'm thinking about canceling my ECA membership. so far. I've gotten 1 code and it seems pretty much pointless for me in new york.

im also trying to get ECA to refund my money and cancel my account, but they wont call me back. plus when you call up and ask for customer service your given to a guy called seth, at least i was...and it always goes to voice mail.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, I've been very happy with it up until now. I have ordered numerous games and accessories using the 10% off code and it's paid for itself and then some. Heck, I pre-ordered The Beatles Rockband special edition and it paid for itself right there. Add that to my Prime membership and Amazon has made game buying easy and cheap in my experience.

I hope they get this fixed because I want to order more games but without the code, I'm refusing to buy anything. That 10% off helps in the long run.

I have used codes many times, so I don't know what problems you are having. They are out of codes at the moment if the only issue I have had since they fixed everything. Someone mentioned sometimes is just applies a code. It dosn't. If you order something with a code, and cancel that order the code goes back to your account. next time you buy another game it adds that code to your next order.

[quote name='hhhdx4']jesus christ its been a day, people here are acting like the sky is falling, its a discount that's already paid for itself for most of us yet for some reason we act like if it ever doesnt work that we wasted our money somehow and must demand a refund.

Trufatty and everyone else bitching, again its been a day and the codes have worked flawlessly thus far, calm the hell down.[/QUOTE]

wow. im pretty sure im allowed to bitch since it's my money i used to sign up for the ECA. i realized that it's not worth the money which is why i wanted my account canceled and money refunded.

but you got some set of balls to tell me im bitching about something that i bought and has no affect on you or your bank accounts

and if im going to throw money at something whatever it may it, it needs to work!

and just a side note: NONE OF MY CODES WORKED.....

[quote name='Trufatty']wow. im pretty sure im allowed to bitch since it's my money i used to sign up for the ECA. i realized that it's not worth the money which is why i wanted my account canceled and money refunded.

but you got some set of balls to tell me im bitching about something that i bought and has no affect on you or your bank accounts

and if im going to throw money any something whatever it may it, it needs to work![/QUOTE]

Its no longer your money, you gave it to the ECA in return for a membership to that organization, the Amazon discount is a bonus. And it does work, everyone here has used it including yourself, its been down for approximately 3% of your membership term so yes I reiterate, calm the hell down.

:lol: I can't even log in.

Home
Access Denied

Access to this page has been denied.

If you are using a bookmarked page, the page may have been deleted or moved. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact us regarding the page. Please remember to include the URL.

We thank you for visiting The ECA

::shrug::

Honestly they probably had no idea that they would such an influx of new subscribers. I'd like to say to remember that it's a perk to helping the ECA.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Its no longer your money, you gave it to the ECA in return for a membership to that organization, the Amazon discount is a bonus. And it does work, everyone here has used it including yourself, its been down for approximately 3% of your membership term so yes I reiterate, calm the hell down.[/QUOTE]

so hold on a second... so once i give money away it no longer belongs to me... really... i "gave" money to ECA for a working discount... it doesn't work......so i think they should "give" me their money back.

it doesn't matter if it's down for 1% of the time..., im perfectly calm. im simply going to cancel and get their money back. perks aside. i just dont think it's worth the price... which is the reason why im canceling...

so stop with the gang attacks.

my orginal post was just asking if the 10% was working for everyone else...not lets attack Trufatty because he wants to cancel his ECA membership.

they updated the info:

The initial batch of one-time use codes has been depleted and will be replenished as soon as the new batch from Amazon comes in. Please check back later.

[quote name='Trufatty']so hold on a second... so once i give money away it no longer belongs to me... really... i "gave" money to ECA for a working discount... it doesn't work......so i think they should "give" me their money back.

it doesn't matter if it's down for 1% of the time..., im perfectly calm. im simply going to cancel and get their money back.[/QUOTE]

You didnt give them money for a working discount, something you cant seem to grasp, you gave them money for membership into their organization. Also lets just get this out of the way, you're not getting a refund. first because groups like these don't give refunds, if they did people would come in, take advantage of their benefits then cancel, much like you're trying to do.Second because again...YOU USED IT! and third, because they told you it was not refundable when you purchased it, no one reads these things do they?

it was clearly stated that at some point they would run out of codes... and they would get new ones. i dont believe they have been shady in anyway just because they ran into a hault. just give it some time and let them work out the service, it's only gonna get better. :p

[quote name='hhhdx4']You didnt give them money for a working discount, something you cant seem to grasp, you gave them money for membership into their organization. Also lets just get this out of the way, you're not getting a refund. first because groups like these don't give refunds, if they did people would come in, take advantage of their benefits then cancel, much like you're trying to do.Second because again...YOU USED IT![/QUOTE]

thanks mom, hold on...getting my money refunded...

im sharing my problem with the service, i dont know why you feel the need to try and take control by explaining how this work, i understand how it works or i wouldn't have given them my....err their money to them. i am now no longer in need of the service since the code they did provide didn't work. without the amazon code. the membership is usless and is the only reason why people joined to begin with...not to express their gaming rights, but to get a discount.

i think you need to sit down and relax for a minute and let people express themself before you go mouthing off about something that doesn't affect you.

my money will be refunded

[quote name='Trufatty']thanks mom, hold on...getting my money refunded...

im sharing my problem with the service, i dont know why you feel the need to try and take control by explaining how this work, i understand how it works or i wouldn't have given them my....err their money to them. i am now no longer in need of the service since the code they did provide didn't work. without the amazon code. the membership is usless and is the only reason why people joined to begin with...not to express their gaming rights, but to get a discount.

i think you need to sit down and relax for a minute and let people express themself before you go mouthing off about something that doesn't affect you.

my money will be refunded[/QUOTE]

I wonder if I can get my money back from the Church.... or that Hospital with those damn sick kids....

Or maybe go to Hardee's, return them their 5 coupons (I used one) when I donated a $1 for breast cancer, because well the rest of the coupons suck.

I should go back to that guy I promised to pay him $1 for every mile he can bike in the Find a cure for Diabetes... because everyone knows that's a sham.

I was hesitant on getting the discount, only because I am not needing a reason to spend 250... Prime helped that and I need to stop!

Joined, logged in but I am getting a Access Denied page.

Edit: Nevermind I got it working, thanks!

[quote name='xycury']I wonder if I can get my money back from the Church.... or that Hospital with those damn sick kids....

Or maybe go to Hardee's, return them their 5 coupons (I used one) when I donated a $1 for breast cancer, because well the rest of the coupons suck.

I should go back to that guy I promised to pay him $1 for every mile he can bike in the Find a cure for Diabetes... because everyone knows that's a sham.

I was hesitant on getting the discount, only because I am not needing a reason to spend 250... Prime helped that and I need to stop![/QUOTE]

wow nice, your going to be an asshole too..but either way they refunded the money after i finally got in touch with seth.

[quote name='Trufatty']wow nice, your going to be an asshole too..but either way they refunded the money after i finally got in touch with seth.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you think my intent was to, but you would know right?

Glad you got your rebate, hope you enjoy your 10% discounted games.

At least after all this we know where you stand on gaming rights.

[quote name='xycury']Maybe you think my intent was to, but you would know right?

Glad you got your rebate, hope you enjoy your 10% discounted games.

At least after all this we know where you stand on gaming rights.[/QUOTE]

first of all, the code never worked, so i never saw a 10% discount on anything.

second, I'm all for gaming rights, just because i wanted my money back from the ECA doesn't mean i don't support the rights of gamers, your basically saying people can only pray at church and nowhere else.

and thrid and most important, i dont care what you or anyone else on this forum say. like many others I'm looking for deals, not friends.

and just for anyone who want to know, the ECA will refund your money if you signed up or about the time of the amazon problem.

and with that i've expressed my views and i had enough of this post all the negative comments i received.

I just bought this last night and never even got in on one code. Im not sure if I should wait it out or just get my money back then buy again when its sorted out.

OT: Realistically speaking, you can ask an organization for a donation refund, but they are not legally obligated to refund you the money UNLESS you stated (when you signed up) how you wanted your donation to be spent and/or had some sort of written contractual agreement. This is OT, since to the organization, this is not considered a donation -- it's a membership due, which enters a different realm of legality.

Also, in some states, it's legally best for an organization (during the payment process) to list that any purchase/donation/membership is non-refundable on the receipt or somewhere visible during the main payment process (not just a separate terms & conditions page, where they will be protected legally in some states, but not all).

Plus, since the organization is accepting credit card payments, it's inevitable that credit card companies have final say over said transactions... especially if satisfaction is guaranteed to the buyer.

Definitely a point of contention of ethics, on both buyer and organization. I would suggest that people who sign up for the ECA membership understand that it should not be for the sole purpose of finding a deal on things. The benefits they offer can easily/legally be changed the day after you make the donation/order. It's just sad that they worded it on their site to give the misconception that the Amazon promotional code would make up the cost of the membership... which is definitely a legal gray area.

[quote name='zakai']A very good post[/QUOTE]

I agree that the discount at Amazon took predecence over donating money to this orgainization.

It also doesn't favor well that they are promoting that through Amazon as the sole reason for joining.

Hmm, I was on the fence on this and finally jumped, without reading the last few posts here. Glad I didn't join expecting to use the code right away on a limited deal.

I read these last few posts, but knowing that they are going to get more codes is good enough for me. This is a one year thing. So no hurries with me. :)

Ugh, just tried using the newegg/patriot code to get $10 off of ram. That does not work either.

I don't mind donating money to The ECA. But I wish they would get their act together for advertised benefits.

just got lucky. Uncharted 2 appeared in my Gold Box today and when I went to check out my ECA discount got applied as well :) the totally came out to be ~$48

^^^ You probably had a code still that hadn't been redeemed yet.

God of War 3 is in my Gold Box today. :( Oh well, I've been spending too much anyway!

Still, I wish the codes would come in because I have a gift card balance I'd love to use on MGS4!

Looks like the problem might be solved (a lot) sooner than I expected.

From http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?t=5960&page=2

[quote name='"ECAMarketing"']Hey Gang. We heard back that Amazon is working on the new codes now and will send them over ASAP. We’ll upload them as soon as we get them, but I wouldn’t think more than a day or so. Thanks for your patience.[/quote]

Not really trying to slight ECA with this comment, but I'm a bit more confident in Amazon's ability to get things done fast than ECA, though the ECA is definitely trying their damndest now to get this code stuff working, so my stone-like indifference to them because of the original code debacle is now beginning to wane.

I bought 6 games using the 10% discounts. I feel guilty :( lol
I just hope it comes back up so I can buy my 7th and final game that I wanted. It kinda sucks that you can't use 1 code for an order of 2+ games. It's 1 game per code per order. It'd save a ton of codes if it were like that. I'd probably only use 1 code every 6 months.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']I bought 6 games using the 10% discounts. I feel guilty :( lol
[/QUOTE]

hehe. bored at work so I compile a list of my orders/pre-orders
so far, taking the initial $20 memberhsip fee out, I've saved $49.50
which mean I've ordered $695 worth of games in less than 2 months... (well... not exactly since there are goldbox discount in many of those also :p )

here is to sharing my buying habit! ;/

devil summoner 2 3.50
rune factory: frontier 3.00
super robot taisen 3.10
knight in nightmare 3.10
devil survivor 2.80
black sigil 2.30
devil summoner 2 3.50
sands of destruction 2.80
eternal poison 2.00
kingdom hearts 358/2 3.50
trauma center 1.50
batman 9.40
wii sport resort 4.70
dissidia 3.70
personaltrainer walking 4.60
punch out 4.00
EA sports Active 6.00
GOW 3 6.00

So does this work now? Looks pretty slick to me. May make up for the shipping I pay sometimes on non-Prime eligible games.

[quote name='mis0']So does this work now? Looks pretty slick to me. May make up for the shipping I pay sometimes on non-Prime eligible games.[/QUOTE]

What games sold by Amazon are not eligible for Prime?

These ECA codes only work on games sold by Amazon, right?

[quote name='Hoffer']What games sold by Amazon are not eligible for Prime?

These ECA codes only work on games sold by Amazon, right?[/QUOTE]
Used games from other sellers.
In my experience, the codes work for all games.

Still a no-go for me.

I'm doing my best to be patient for the codes to return, but when the problem is officially fixed, we'd better not have to deal with it again...

[quote name='AwRy108']Still a no-go for me.

I'm doing my best to be patient for the codes to return, but when the problem is officially fixed, we'd better not have to deal with it again...[/QUOTE]

Its not going to happen to me again, if you know what i mean

[quote name='asthmatic']Its not going to happen to me again, if you know what i mean[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you mean, but I hope you don't, since it'll might flag it for abuse or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back