10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guessed']Any chance that "UPDATE!" can be removed from the title of this thread until there is an actual update? The OP hasn't been edited in over a month. Kind of a pet peeve of mine, I think if "update" is in the title, the date of the last update should be, also.[/QUOTE]

pm a mod about it, otherwise they may not see this

[quote name='pswiifanboy']Anybody else get 10% off automatically? I just ordered 2 games in my gold box today and the 10% off promotion was automatically applied to both of them with no code needed.

I am in no way complaining but just wanted to know.[/QUOTE]

The 10% off applied to both items? I thought it only applied to one gaming related item per order? Did they finally fix that? If so, then I'm joining :)

[quote name='Josef']The 10% off applied to both items? I thought it only applied to one gaming related item per order? Did they finally fix that? If so, then I'm joining :)[/QUOTE]

No, I actually placed two different orders. Each with their own 10% off promotion. Sorry for not being clear.

Just tested adding a game to my cart and going to the checkout screen. 10% was automatically applied. I used all of my codes already and haven't attempted to get a new one since they ran out. Maybe its fixed and attached to accounts now? Needs more research!

[quote name='Josef']The 10% off applied to both items? I thought it only applied to one gaming related item per order? Did they finally fix that? If so, then I'm joining :)[/QUOTE]

I tried it myself, and it didn't work for me.

[quote name='Shady3011']Hey, do you guys have the same e-mail account as your Amazon account that are getting this to work?[/QUOTE]This would explain why it's not working on my account.

[quote name='KongaKing']My emails are the same for both amazon and eca, but I am not getting an auto 10% off. Just tried[/QUOTE]
My email addresses for both are the same, too, and it doesn't work. Though I did cancel a preorder earlier today so I could order MGS4 and get the 10% off.

I just have to believe that many people have codes they haven't used yet but don't realize it.

[quote name='Lucian']My email addresses for both are the same, too, and it doesn't work. Though I did cancel a preorder earlier today so I could order MGS4 and get the 10% off.

I just have to believe that many people have codes they haven't used yet but don't realize it.[/QUOTE]

So the cancel pre-order do free up the code for you to use once again? Does it automatically applied to your next order or is there something that needs to be done?

if you cancel a pre-order, the code is auto applied to your next game/accessory order. I thought that's how it was for me, but once I pre-ordered something else..the NEXT game did not show up with the promotion.

So, no. It's not working for everyone :lol:

I was about to join, mainly for the 10% at Amazon obviously, but saw the bit about them having no more codes, so I'm going to wait until they sort that out. I guess they under-estimated the number of people who want to save 10% at Amazon.

[quote name='wasabi5858']So the cancel pre-order do free up the code for you to use once again? Does it automatically applied to your next order or is there something that needs to be done?[/QUOTE]
Yep. It worked for me and automatically applied to my next game order.

Ex. I had Red Faction Guerilla preordered. I canceled this preorder and then immediately ordered MGS4. The 10% off automatically carried over to my MGS4 order. Amazon just remembers that you had the promotional code in your account. So now I need another code to preorder Red Faction Guerilla again. :)

I highly doubt Amazon would store discount information in a cookie. That is total not secure.

[quote name='Lucian']I highly doubt Amazon would store discount information in a cookie. That is total not secure.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the fact that it would make no sense when you use a different computer to check the site or clear your cookies.

Waiting for the code myself. Finally got the issue worked out to where I could get the student discount properly too...

[quote name='turls']Come on, I don't want to wait forever to get my DSi accessories.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe these codes work on accessories.

[quote name='sliknik27']I don't believe these codes work on accessories.[/QUOTE]

They most certainly do. Although why I felt the need to waste my one and only code on a $10 accessory, I will never know. :roll:

Its pretty whack that they cannot deliver on what they sold us on. I mean i am sure eca is a good cause and all that jazz. But you can't advertise something then don't deliver and expect people not to be angry.

Fork eca

[quote name='guywhotrades']Its pretty whack that they cannot deliver on what they sold us on. I mean i am sure eca is a good cause and all that jazz. But you can't advertise something then don't deliver and expect people not to be angry.

Fork eca[/QUOTE]

Yeah, shit happens. Calm down and don't give them your money if it bothers you. They've said they are waiting on Amazon. I understand the ECA's problem and am frustrated too, but in this case the anger should be directed towards Amazon.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']Figures the second I want to use a code for the first time to pre-order The Beatles Rock Band they'd run out. Now to play the waiting game...[/QUOTE]

Pre-Order it, anyways the game doesn't come out until September, you can always put the code in later ya know. :)

[quote name='Asamiya']Pre-Order it, anyways the game doesn't come out until September, you can always put the code in later ya know. :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, that doesn't work. At least it didn't for me. The code only worked at the original checkout.

[quote name='blueweltall']Okay here's my last code, I was going to use it but I have a huge Credit Card debt to tackle.

LSGC-4WHBU3-55UUA3

[/QUOTE]

Used, not by me though.

I was just about to place an order for 3 games and a battery pack (one of them is a pre-order), and then saw they ran out of codes. Kind of annoying, to say the least. Hopefully they'll have more codes up by Monday.

Argh. :bomb:

Wii Sports Resort w/ Motion Plus is in my Gold Box right now. It would have been $40.18 w/ ECA but it's $44.64 without it.

[quote name='magic25']Actually, that doesn't work. At least it didn't for me. The code only worked at the original checkout.[/QUOTE]
Yep, if you review an existing order, it says promotional certificates can only be applied when the order is originally placed.

[quote name='evergoo']Argh. :bomb:

Wii Sports Resort w/ Motion Plus is in my Gold Box right now. It would have been $40.18 w/ ECA but it's $44.64 without it.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel... Uncharted 2 is in my gold box. $49.xx with discount, $54.xx without the discount.

This is pissing me off...:bomb:

For some reason I have only videogames and Blu-rays in my recommend list, but for the past 3 days I've been getting books for my daily deals... Anyone know why that is? I just joined the ECA a couple days ago and I'm hoping that when the code comes back I can get inFAMOUS in my daily deals.

[quote name='jling84']For some reason I have only videogames and Blu-rays in my recommend list, but for the past 3 days I've been getting books for my daily deals... Anyone know why that is? I just joined the ECA a couple days ago and I'm hoping that when the code comes back I can get inFAMOUS in my daily deals.[/QUOTE]

Strange. I also have only videogames and Blu-rays in my recommended list, but this morning, it's filled with home appliances and cooking utensils. Kinda weird.

[quote name='shivaedge']Strange. I also have only videogames and Blu-rays in my recommended list, but this morning, it's filled with home appliances and cooking utensils. Kinda weird.[/QUOTE]

I have some cooking utensil and appliances as well. Anyone know how to fix this. If the ECA is to be believed the codes should be coming in Monday or so (within 5 days they said?).

[quote name='prateeko']Yeah, shit happens. Calm down and don't give them your money if it bothers you. They've said they are waiting on Amazon. I understand the ECA's problem and am frustrated too, but in this case the anger should be directed towards Amazon.[/QUOTE]
According to the ECA this is Amazon's fault. Sorry, but I'm not jumping to the conclusion that it actually IS Amazon's delay. In almost every other possible way, Amazon has demonstrated to me that they have their crap together. The ECA, on the other hand, admits they announced this Amazon program before they were ready to handle the volume of new memberships and they've had other technical glitches like with the validation email delivery.

While the delay of codes is annoying, it annoys me more that this discount is the focus of a HUGE marketing program for ECA. Oh well, we'll see how low this takes. At least ECA seems to respond pretty quickly.

Awesome, got Uncharted 2 in my gold box, so I pre-ordered it and guess what, the promotion still applied. I haven't entered a new code for about 3 different orders. So yeah Uncharted 2 for $48.44 shipped! w00t.

So I still stick with it that it is cookies saving the code. I've preordered God of War III and Uncharted II without entering a new code, both used and automatically applied a few days after each other. So I guess I've been lucky that it's stuck with my account.

Now if CoD MW2 pops in my GoldBox I'll be set for the year lol, oh and Bioshock 2 haha

I haven't been as lucky...had God of War III and inFamous in my Gold Box over the last two days and no codes to use. Hopefully they'll show-up again, but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Awesome, got Uncharted 2 in my gold box, so I pre-ordered it and guess what, the promotion still applied. I haven't entered a new code for about 3 different orders. So yeah Uncharted 2 for $48.44 shipped! w00t.
[/QUOTE]

Had the same deal - definitely worth the last use of my code (unless I get lucky). That makes two PS3 exclusive, new releases for under $50, the other being inFamous. The $15 fee, even with all the drama right now, was definitely worth it for the ECA.

How the hell do you guys seem to get a lot of games in the goldbox? I buy mostly games and never got good deals on my goldbox :(

Mine is usually pretty random...this was the first time a pre-order came up. Of course, this was the first time I pre-ordered a game (inFamous) from Amazon.

my goldbox is usually pretty related, but today, I have Pampers sensitive baby wipes refill in there... wtf? :) I don'thave babies nor have I even look at anything anywhere related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back