10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cerot']How the hell do you guys seem to get a lot of games in the goldbox? I buy mostly games and never got good deals on my goldbox :([/QUOTE]

Maybe this thread will help.

[quote name='mrfossey']Had the same deal - definitely worth the last use of my code (unless I get lucky). That makes two PS3 exclusive, new releases for under $50, the other being inFamous. The $15 fee, even with all the drama right now, was definitely worth it for the ECA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't get infamous in my Goldbox but at $48.xx it is a good deal nonetheless already woohoo! So yeah I've already made back my money I spent on this and I have 11 months to go! =D

I guess I had one of those codes left in my amazon account as well and found Uncharted 2 in my Gold Box. Total cost $48.44. I never check that Godl Box, so thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='wasabi5858']my goldbox is usually pretty related, but today, I have Pampers sensitive baby wipes refill in there... wtf? :) I don'thave babies nor have I even look at anything anywhere related to it.[/QUOTE]

I've had that and more. From diapers to pregnancy tests, water filters for systems I don't even have.... I think they ran out of items to suggest to me and so are just putting in things that are popular.

I'm hoping to get these codes soon but then again I probably shouldn't be buying too much either. And instead of being on these boards I need to pack!

Well, on the plus side the 10% I will have saved between the Ghostbusters Slimer edition and Beatles Rock Band bundle will pay for the ECA membership and more. On the minus side, I missed out on Uncharted 2 in my Gold Box yesterday. If Amazon gets SFIV tourney sticks in and I'm out of codes I think I'm going to cry.

I redid all my preorders for must have games over the next 6 months or so with the ECA discount, so I can live with what the ECA has done for me already, but I do hope this gets sorted...

For those of you getting random things in your quick picks despite following the recommendation method, you're going to have to reset your recommendations.

You do this by unrating and deleting all your owned items under the link "improve your recomendations". After this, go to the "rate these items" link and search all over again. These links are both located on the page after you click "recommendations".

This is bullshit... yesterday there was Uncharted 2 in my goldbox and I would have missed it had it not been for one very generous CAG.

Today, there's God of War III in my goldbox. This is stupid... luckily, I'm not as anxious about getting a deal on God of War III since I'm most likely buying it in store on day one.

Yeah I've been having a few gold box deals myself.. :bomb:
The other day I had EA Active in there for$54..would have loved another $5.40 off....:wall:

lol guess I'll regen and save a txt file

heh got about 7 codes, so I should be good for the rest of the year if they work multiple times per game.

Mine only seem to work on one game at a time. So I cant fill my shopping cart up with multiple games or it will only apply the discount to the lowest priced game.....

[quote name='HockeyDOg3133']Mine only seem to work on one game at a time. So I cant fill my shopping cart up with multiple games or it will only apply the discount to the lowest priced game.....[/QUOTE]
That's how they are designed to work. Only 1 discount per purchase.

I stocked up on a couple in case they run out again. Time to play with the gold box of savings....:drool:

Any secret to signing up for a new account? All I received were ECA newsletter subscription confirmations, nothing about completing the membership. I clicked on re-send validation email and haven't gotten anything.

Same thing happened to me. I called and got no response, posted on the forums and they said they had a few gremlins to work out of the email system. No response since then on that either.

[quote name='unknownbrackets']Hold up, seriously? I hadn't even thought to try. Even for games not even shipped by Amazon? I just assumed...

Thanks, I'll be sure to try this when they're back.

-[Unknown][/QUOTE]

Only works on items sold by Amazon.com; items sold by third-parties or even Warehouse Deals (a subsidiary of Amazon) do not apply the discount for me.

phantomfriar2002, it may be going into your spam folder. It will be coming from [email protected]. Try sending an email to that address (this will usually whitelist the email) and making sure it's not blocked in your spam software.

-[Unknown]

phantomfriar2002, it may be going into your spam folder. It will be coming from [email protected]. Try sending an email to that address (this will usually whitelist the email) and making sure it's not blocked in your spam software.

EDIT -- it finally showed up in my spam folder. Took about an hour or more for it to do so, but it's there :)

What, why would it be multiple years when the signup fee says annual?

1 year, 10% off games/accessories sold by Amazon.

Thank god it's back. I felt like an addict going without his fix as I stared at DotD's and GoldBox pre-orders sans 10% discount.

Glad its back, but the $140 worth of games I was about to by is no longer available for the same price. Oh well, bad for Amazon.

I was just about to post that it was back but that looks like old news lol. Had Uncharted 2 in my gold box and use the code to bring it down to $48.xx. Awesome!

Damn.... I really wish I waited on ordering everything I did last night then. I ordered about $70 worth of stuff.

Oh well, as a plus, I just got Uncharted 2 in my Gold Box, so just pre-ordered it. $48.44 in total.

fuck
House of the Dead Overkill is back up to $45.

Hoarding a bunch of codes so this doesn't happen to me again. It would be so much better to link a one-time 10% code to your Amazon account.

[quote name='chakan']fuck

Hoarding a bunch of codes so this doesn't happen to me again. It would be so much better to link a one-time 10% code to your Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

I just did the same thing, I have about 15 backup codes, for when it inevitably goes out again (I will be ordering well over 15 things, so it's not like I'm wasting them, incase anyone wanted to complain about hording codes).

Plus, if it goes out, I can give a few out to CAG's. Much like another CAG did for me the other day.

[quote name='chakan']fuck

Hoarding a bunch of codes so this doesn't happen to me again. It would be so much better to link a one-time 10% code to your Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

ahhh fuck! i was just about to buy hotdo too! madworld also is up. oh well...

Yeah, I also only saved 10 codes, which I would easily use in a year. I'm pretty irritated that I missed the sale price on HOTD:Og and I don't plan to wait on ECA/amazon next time.

Fix the system, its broke!

I've decided to keep three codes as backup at all times. I figure, if there's ever a period of time when I want to order more than three games and no codes are available, it's a sign that I spend way too much on video games. ;)

[quote name='Lucian']Nice to see the ECA on top of this. On the weekend, no less![/QUOTE]
Agreed! I'm impressed we didn't have to wait months! Many thanks to those behind the scenes at the ECA who got this discount back up and running.:applause:

I just joined and got $2 off. I needed to buy something from Amazon anyways, so I got FSSS with my $20 game too.

If a SFIV TE stick comes in stock, then I'll be firing up one of these coupons for that too.

Do you guys know when Amazon restock because it seems that they restock less often then Gamestop or Bestbuy on the fight stick.

Does anyone have problems going to the members area page?

I already paid earlier this month and could access it before, but now, all I get is "access denied". I sent an email, hopefully I'll get a reply soon. Though it's memorial day weekend. I just hope I don't get anything ridiculously good in my gold box.

[quote name='option.iv']Does anyone have problems going to the members area page?

I already paid earlier this month and could access it before, but now, all I get is "access denied". I sent an email, hopefully I'll get a reply soon. Though it's memorial day weekend. I just hope I don't get anything ridiculously good in my gold box.[/QUOTE]

No problem accessing it. Just went in after reading your post and generated another code. All works fine for me.

[quote name='Guerrilla']They're going to run out of codes by Tuesday since everyone is stockpiling now! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they got more codes, but this is only a temporary solution. They really need codes tied to accounts or something because at the moment there is nothing stopping people from sharing these codes with anyone and everyone.

Had to cancel some of my pre-orders to pre-order again.
The Beatles Rock Band and The King of Fighters XII,
Good work there guys behind the scenes at ECA. :D

[quote name='Str8Nasty786']Anyone think they can PM me one of those codes..?[/QUOTE]

I would hope not. If you're a member you can easily make one now and if you're not, having members send you codes is being beyond cheap (it's only $15 or $20 a year) and a sure fire way to convince them/Amazon to nix this benefit.

If you're having a problem making a code, reset your browser and/or email them. If you're not signed up stop being a mooch and trying to ruin this by having people abuse the system.

[quote name='Str8Nasty786']Anyone think they can PM me one of those codes..?[/QUOTE]
No!

Pay the $15 or 20 and get your own damn codes.

Agreed. Help out the ECA and get your money back by using your own codes.

I just generated a few more with no problems. Will keep them in case the codes run out when I'm ready to order.

hey cut this guy a break. Str8nasty, paypal me $15-$20 and i'll get you up to 3 codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back