10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asthmatic']hey cut this guy a break. Str8nasty, paypal me $15-$20 and i'll get you up to 3 codes.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Oh boy this thing is going downhill fast. I hate feeling like I have to stockpile codes, but looks like I have no choice. Sigh.

[quote name='asthmatic']hey cut this guy a break. Str8nasty, paypal me $15-$20 and i'll get you up to 3 codes.[/QUOTE]

nice...

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Are the codes linked to the account or could I give one to my friend so he can get inFamous?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that the ECA and Amazon can easily trace codes. ECA knows the IP address and member details (you paid with credit card) of who generated a code and Amazon can easily run that against the details of the billing info for who uses it.

Abusing this is stupid because it'll ruin it for everyone and hardly foolproof. With a little work they'll catch on. Especially since few of us would object to turning people who abuse this in. It's not much to pay and I'll be damned if I let a few people ruin it for the rest of us. I'd gladly have the mods turn over your IP addresses and personal info to ECA before seeing you give away codes and ruin this.

STOP BEING SO fuck ING CHEAP AND JUST PAY THE $15 AND GET YOUR OWN CODES FOR A YEAR

lol, well played.

On the suggestions of other here, I secured a couple of codes for myself incase they run out during a drought of fantastic new game sales.

all of my codes start with LS, so I kind of believe that they are already halfway through this batch of codes.

Or maybe its entirely random and I'm going crazy.

People need to stop begging for codes in here.

If CAGs that have ECA 10% off codes wish to offer them up to other CAGs, that's their option, though we don't need people begging for codes that are too poor to pony up the money for the ECA membership.

For people looking for codes, skim the thread for CAGs giving away codes. Otherwise, don't go posting and begging for codes. It just makes you look bad.

Plus, like all promotions that can turn into abuse, the more random people showing up with 10% discount codes that don't have ECA membership accounts are likely to screw it up for everyone. If you want the discount codes, which they don't have to provide for us in the first place, pony up the money and get the benefits for membership.

$20 is well worth it people. Do not ruin this for everyone else.
If anything I hope they just link ECA/Amazon accounts so we don't even need a code..this will prevent the abuse. :bomb:

How people are ruining this for everyone? ECA/Amazon just need to link accounts and problem solved, so the more people "abusing" the sooner they will link accounts or whetever they need to do to stop it.

Doesn't mean we should give our codes to the beggars, if they can't afford a subscription that is only $20, right?

[quote name='cerot']How people are ruining this for everyone? ECA/Amazon just need to link accounts and problem solved, so the more people "abusing" the sooner they will link accounts or whetever they need to do to stop it.[/QUOTE]

They'll either fix it, or shut it down entirely. There's no reason Amazon HAS to continue to honor this if they feel it's being abused-- if anything, they may decide they don't want to deal with a community that brings people willing to abuse promotions.

DON'T GIVE OUT CODES! Let's not make this the second awesome deal program we kill this year, after the Best Buy Reward Zone Silver $10 games disappeared.

[quote name='Justin42']They'll either fix it, or shut it down entirely. There's no reason Amazon HAS to continue to honor this if they feel it's being abused-- if anything, they may decide they don't want to deal with a community that brings people willing to abuse promotions.

DON'T GIVE OUT CODES! Let's not make this the second awesome deal program we kill this year, after the Best Buy Reward Zone Silver $10 games disappeared.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The beggers can afford the $15-$20. For a year of 10% off at amazon that is NOTHING. If you can't afford the initial $5-$20 the you sure as hell can't afford the ~$60 game you're trying to buy. In one year EVERYONE on CAG will spend $150/$200+ easy. At Amaozn this is easier since most people pay no tax and there is free shipping. There is no excuse in asking for codes.

As for selling codes. I'm certain it's against their terms of service and they and Amazon have already worked on ways to catch people. They have your IP addresses, billing addresses, and CC info (both companies). It'd be easy to have a computer to verify these 3 things for code dispensed to code used to see if anyone is abusing the system.

If people abuse the system before they link Amazon accounts up with ECA accounts they'll kill it and thus some jackasses will have ruined a good thing for everyone.

[quote name='Asamiya']Doesn't mean we should give our codes to the beggars, if they can't afford a subscription that is only $20, right?[/QUOTE]Feeding them codes for a sub that only costs $20 won't get them to buy the sub, no. I'd suggest beggars don't get anything for their begging.

[quote name='Justin42']They'll either fix it, or shut it down entirely. There's no reason Amazon HAS to continue to honor this if they feel it's being abused-- if anything, they may decide they don't want to deal with a community that brings people willing to abuse promotions.

DON'T GIVE OUT CODES! Let's not make this the second awesome deal program we kill this year, after the Best Buy Reward Zone Silver $10 games disappeared.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I'm hoping that Amazon & ECA will make it easier with linking accounts, which I know they can do already, as they do it for Tivo with Amazon Unbox. It may just take them time to do it, though in the meantime, if people can't afford the $20 membership, don't help them through it.

[quote name='prateeko']Exactly. The beggers can afford the $15-$20. For a year of 10% off at amazon that is NOTHING. If you can't afford the initial $5-$20 the you sure as hell can't afford the ~$60 game you're trying to buy. In one year EVERYONE on CAG will spend $150/$200+ easy. At Amaozn this is easier since most people pay no tax and there is free shipping. There is no excuse in asking for codes.

As for selling codes. I'm certain it's against their terms of service and they and Amazon have already worked on ways to catch people. They have your IP addresses, billing addresses, and CC info (both companies). It'd be easy to have a computer to verify these 3 things for code dispensed to code used to see if anyone is abusing the system.

If people abuse the system before they link Amazon accounts up with ECA accounts they'll kill it and thus some jackasses will have ruined a good thing for everyone.[/QUOTE]Agreed on all counts.

A lot of good points here about this promotion.

Begging and handing out codes is totally lame and stupid. There's a huge difference between being a cheapass and a complete bum. Before this promotion gets destroyed, I hope ECA accounts are tied to Amazon sooner than later.

[quote name='Asamiya']Well, I am just hoping no one is giving/selling their codes.[/QUOTE]

I give some codes away but this was only to help ECA members when the codes wasn't working. But now since the code is working I'm done.

[quote name='Asamiya']Doesn't mean we should give our codes to the beggars, if they can't afford a subscription that is only $20, right?[/QUOTE]

I think it's funny that nobody's brought this up yet.

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD $15-20 ON THIS (WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY PAY FOR ITSELF) WHAT ARE YOU DOING BUYING GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE???

My point is nobody here asking for codes, can't afford the membership, they simply don't want to. There's no logic behind not being able to "afford" this membership but somehow being able to "afford" $50-60 on a new release game. Do not give any of these bums codes, it will end up ruining this for the rest of us who did the right thing and paid for the membership.

If there are people here who are cheap and shady enough to be asking for codes without paying for the membership (the exact people who are gaming enthusiasts and should be the people supporting the ECA instead of abusing its benefits), I'm afraid for the kind of sharing/trading/selling codes we'll see on slickdeals and fatwallet. People on there will do despicable things to save a penny. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Amazon just decided to withdraw its support of the ECA in the near future.

Agreed to all the negative posts above. DO NOT GIVE OUT CODES* - this undermines the ECA and we won't get nice promotions like this in the future. Support the ECA if you want the discount!

(* does not apply to members who gave members codes when they were out; you rock!)

Come on, people. The $15-20 membership is well worth it, considering you are supporting a non-profit gaming organization that is ECA and at the same time save 10% off amazon game purchases for the whole year. It's not like you are getting the discount from gamestop where a lot of us would rather not see our hard earned $$$ going to.

If you say you can't pony up the money to buy your own membership, consider saving a few lunches at some fast food place and eat this instead.

Thank you!
Signed up for this. Great, simply great rewards :)
Seriously, this is worth it, even if you buy 2 games on amazon, it's still worth it.

Err...no offense, but that's in the first post. It's a non profit that fights for our rights when it comes to games.

[quote name='Taboner']What's up with ECA? You only save 10% from Amazon when buying games. How does it work and what's the hype?[/QUOTE]

Well, I've recently purchased (preorders) Crimson Gem Saga ($28), Dissidia ($37), Mana Khemia 2 ($40), Wii Sports Resort ($47), and Black Sigil ($29). That adds up to $181, which I saved $18.10 on. Too bad used games don't apply.

And, I've only been a member for a month. I may also buy a Wii 2000 Points card ($2 off.) All the points cards are cheaper using the ECA discount.

If you don't buy many games in a year, it's not worth it, but otherwise it easily pays for itself and more.

And anyway, it's supporting a good cause. Don't you care about gaming and gamer's rights? I just don't see a downside (even if they flake with the codes every once and again.)

-[Unknown]

[quote name='unknownbrackets']And, I've only been a member for a month. I may also buy a Wii 2000 Points card ($2 off.) All the points cards are cheaper using the ECA discount.[/QUOTE]

I thought point cards don't count, do they?

[quote name='distgfx']I thought point cards don't count, do they?[/QUOTE]

Physical cards do count (so do all accessories). The point cards they email you digitally do not count

[quote name='KongaKing']Physical cards do count (so do all accessories). The point cards they email you digitally do not count[/QUOTE]

Oh really? The physical ones count? Nice! Thanks.

[quote name='Kusabi']My oh my am I glade I found this forum!. Thank you for the info about this excellent discount :applause:[/QUOTE]

stick around there's way more money to save if you hang out here a lot lol, trust me!

[quote name='menikmati']Uncharted 2 popped up in my Gold Box, woot.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Perfect time for these discounts to be working again! :D

Am I missing something? I signed up to try to join and basically see newsletter confirmation, but can find no way to actually give them my money to actually become a full member. I've gotten two emails, a verification link then a confirmation of the newsletter.

Glad the codes are working again! :D

1 of: Wii Sports Resort [Video Game]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$46.99

Item(s) Subtotal: $46.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: $2.35
Super Saver Discount: $4.49
Promotion Applied: $4.70
Total Before Tax: $39.94
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $39.94

[quote name='MannishBoy']Am I missing something? I signed up to try to join and basically see newsletter confirmation, but can find no way to actually give them my money to actually become a full member. I've gotten two emails, a verification link then a confirmation of the newsletter.[/QUOTE]

Ok after you sign up, you'll get an email. Click on the link and it should take you back to the eca page, the sign up is, I think at the bottom of the page, where you'll have to put your card #.
Also, I remember seeing a $19.99 on the page when I clicked the link.

[quote name='liquidgraffiti']Ok after you sign up, you'll get an email. Click on the link and it should take you back to the eca page, the sign up is, I think at the bottom of the page, where you'll have to put your card #.
Also, I remember seeing a $19.99 on the page when I clicked the link.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I finally got the third email after an hour and a half...

I'd already got two without the information about how to becomee a paid member.

Thanks.

[quote name='option.iv']For those of you getting random things in your quick picks despite following the recommendation method, you're going to have to reset your recommendations.

You do this by unrating and deleting all your owned items under the link "improve your recomendations". After this, go to the "rate these items" link and search all over again. These links are both located on the page after you click "recommendations".[/QUOTE]

I tried that a couple of times over the last several days, but I still have unrelated hardcover books and music CDs in my Quick Picks. For the 5th day in a row.

I even tried adding new PS3 games in "Rate These Items" that I didn't include before, but no luck still. :(

hmmmm, my quickpick was full of crap yesterday. Rightnow, I got 3 items in there. MGS4, already have. DDS1, already have and... FF vs. XIII :) ok! Who can say no to vs. XIII for $50.99?

I don't know what changed. I tried the above remedy and it didn't help for days. I didn't do anything last night... so maybe it took a day or so to kick in?

[quote name='shivaedge']I tried that a couple of times over the last several days, but I still have unrelated hardcover books and music CDs in my Quick Picks. For the 5th day in a row.

I even tried adding new PS3 games in "Rate These Items" that I didn't include before, but no luck still. :([/QUOTE]

I'm having the same issue. Honestly this is a major time-consuming pain to get to "work" properly. Going through and clicking on some 200+ items, then going through it all over again to re-rate them or whatever, to merely save $2 here or there isn't worth my time. I may be a CAG and I like the ECA perks, but the Gold Box recommendations aspect is lame-o.

I think I might have to sign up for the ECA now. 10% is pretty nice, and amazon already has some pretty sweet deals. $19.99... it'll pay for itself after a few games.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='shivaedge']I tried that a couple of times over the last several days, but I still have unrelated hardcover books and music CDs in my Quick Picks. For the 5th day in a row.

I even tried adding new PS3 games in "Rate These Items" that I didn't include before, but no luck still. :([/QUOTE]
Did you also erase your Amazon browsing history (not internet browser history)? And just to make sure, you unrated and de-owned everything right (you can leave pre-orders alone)? This also includes the not interested list, got to uncheck all of those as well.

[quote name='wasabi5858']hmmmm, my quickpick was full of crap yesterday. Rightnow, I got 3 items in there. MGS4, already have. DDS1, already have and... FF vs. XIII :) ok! Who can say no to vs. XIII for $50.99?

I don't know what changed. I tried the above remedy and it didn't help for days. I didn't do anything last night... so maybe it took a day or so to kick in?[/QUOTE]
The reset is mainly for those people who get completely random items. i.e. they search specifically video games, but end up getting nothing but gardening tools, novels, and anything gaming-unrelated. Your quick picks seems fine, you'll just have to go over and set what you own all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']im tempted to buy a membership BUT I dont think i would spend 150 in games in a year..[/QUOTE]

Don't forget hardware, accessories, points and online subscriptions.

[quote name='gamingforrealnow']Don't forget hardware, accessories, points and online subscriptions.[/QUOTE]
I don't think hardware is eligible. On the other hand, accessories and point cards (retail packages) are.

[quote name='slidecage']im tempted to buy a membership BUT I dont think i would spend 150 in games in a year..[/QUOTE]

You probably WOULD buy at least 3 new release games in a year... comrade :cool:

Has anyone had any experience with dealing with the ECA's website department?

I already sent them several emails concerning my problem. So far, I've gotten emails and forum responses from everyone (even the ECA president) except from the website department themselves (who are pretty much the only ones who can help me).

I sent my first email to the website dept. on Monday, and it is to be expected that they won't respond so soon on account of holiday. However, I've received prompt responses from everyone else. Here's to hoping my problem is resolved by today (Thursday). I'm really starting to feel jipped.

for black friday alone I think this will be worth it. add in gold box deals, deals of the day, and pre-order deals and it's definitely a good idea to join.

[quote name='shivaedge']You probably WOULD buy at least 3 new release games in a year... comrade :cool:[/QUOTE]

3 games would = 90 since i only buy hand helds ....dont play console games that much or at all

right now only own

Ps2 gamecube. ds , psp, and a xbox 360 (that i got off amazon for 70 thanksgiving that i still have not opened0

what sort of sucks if i got it 2 months back i would had half my cash back...

puzzle kingdoms 2.00
Va. profile 2.00
knights in knighmare 3.30

could cancel Knights in nightmare but price went up 2 bucks

i only get crap (non game deals in gold box) how do you get nothing but games

[quote name='eau']I don't think hardware is eligible. On the other hand, accessories and point cards (retail packages) are.[/QUOTE]
Right, hardware is not eligible.

if i knew i would get tons of good games in my gold box instead of diapers and other crap i might buy it.

Or if they would do something for members who already have gamefly..

like 50% off one month

called amazon and they said they would do it one time (i could cancel my knights in nightmare.. apply the code and they would drop the price 2 bucks) tempted

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back