10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
the best way to check your goldbox will be good is click on the "recommendations" button
then see what items are influencing your recommendations
just delete everything amazon is pulling recommendations from and start fresh

[quote name='vherub']the best way to check your goldbox will be good is click on the "recommendations" button
then see what items are influencing your recommendations
just delete everything amazon is pulling recommendations from and start fresh[/QUOTE]

werid thing is when i go into my recommendation it just shows all GAMES yet i get baby crap in my gold box daily

:rofl: actually I've been getting a lot of weird, useless shit in my Goldbox..all I do is view video games..and sometimes DVDs/Blu..but I get baby wipes, a toolbox, and like American Idol albums in my goldbox. :shrug:

[quote name='slidecage']werid thing is when i go into my recommendation it just shows all GAMES yet i get baby crap in my gold box daily[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: actually I've been getting a lot of weird, useless shit in my Goldbox..all I do is view video games..and sometimes DVDs/Blu..but I get baby wipes, a toolbox, and like American Idol albums in my goldbox. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I think something is wrong with how the Quick Picks puts items in your Gold Box. The only things in my recommendations are games, DVD's, and CD's and that's all that used to appear in my Gold Box Quick Picks. But lately, I've also been getting useless (for me) crap like baby wipes, diapers, replacement brush heads, beer tender tubes, and tear stain eliminator for dogs. LAME!

Quick Picks have been kinda broken since the weekend, it seems. Had a few days of diapers and nonsense, and then yesterday I had all games. And now it's back to labels and other crap.

Sweet got Dual Shock 3 Controller for 36 shipped. I just bought a PS3 Uncharted at Dell for ~380 and I was searching Amazon for games and it came up today.

[quote name='slidecage']werid thing is when i go into my recommendation it just shows all GAMES yet i get baby crap in my gold box daily[/QUOTE]

Same, except all I get are books.

[quote name='botticus']Quick Picks have been kinda broken since the weekend, it seems. Had a few days of diapers and nonsense, and then yesterday I had all games. And now it's back to labels and other crap.[/QUOTE]

Ha ive been getting the same, weird.

do you get the codes as soon as youpay.... If i get something good in my gold box i might join tomorrow If not I might wait till Next week so i can remember to cancel by june 1 to avoid getting recharged

[quote name='slidecage']do you get the codes as soon as youpay.... If i get something good in my gold box i might join tomorrow If not I might wait till Next week so i can remember to cancel by june 1 to avoid getting recharged[/QUOTE]

Recharged? You know it is $14.99(student&military)/$19.99 per year, not per month, right? Why would you want to cancel so early?

Hahah add me to the list of people who have been getting weird stuff. Today I'm getting a bunch of CDs even though I've never browsed, bought, or implied any interest in CDs on Amazon. The only things in my recommend list are video games.

[quote name='guessed']Recharged? You know it is $14.99(student&military)/$19.99 per year, not per month, right? Why would you want to cancel so early?[/QUOTE]

no i mean sign up next week so i can remember to cancel by june 1 (if say i say sign up june 2 i could remember to cancel by the first of june if i sign up in early june)

[quote name='slidecage']no i mean sign up next week so i can remember to cancel by june 1 (if say i say sign up june 2 i could remember to cancel by the first of june if i sign up in early june)[/QUOTE]

I dont think it auto-renews, so if you mean you want to cancel it in 2010, it shouldn't be a worry.

[quote name='KongaKing']I dont think it auto-renews, so if you mean you want to cancel it in 2010, it shouldn't be a worry.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it does auto-renew. I remember reading about that when I was paying for it and it stated that it'd send me an e-mail a month before the renewal date.

[quote name='Aznkid0430']Actually, I'm pretty sure that it does auto-renew. I remember reading about that when I was paying for it and it stated that it'd send me an e-mail a month before the renewal date.[/QUOTE]

Definitely auto-renew, as most subscriptions are.

[quote name='slidecage']do you get the codes as soon as youpay.... If i get something good in my gold box i might join tomorrow If not I might wait till Next week so i can remember to cancel by june 1 to avoid getting recharged[/QUOTE]

One tip I'll give here... If your CC company allows you to make a temporay account number then do that and use here. A lot of CC companies are doing this now I think to try to combat identity theft but it's also really good for auto renew things.

What you do is go to their website and you can set a monetary limit for the card and an expiration date and they give you an entirely new card number to use for that one place.

So for eca set it to 16 or 21 bucks and 1 month and forget about it. When the year is up well that card number is a closed card so can't be charged.

I'm sure if they still have the discounts next year I'll sign up again but I hate auto renew on anything that's longer than 1 month.

Sweet Uncharted 2 & God of War 3 showed up in my gold box today. I'm glad I joined the ECA. Got Uncharted 2 for 48.xx and debating on GOW3. Will probably wait for the pricing on the LE.

3 games in my gold box

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier 33.24 (just got it used for 22 shipped )

Age of Empires: Mythologies 18.99 nice game but still over priced

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia 23.27 (still too much)

2 pc games

The Scruffs [Game Download]
Airport Mania: First Flight [Game Download] both 9.49 too bad both were once free or 99 cents

Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster, 8.5 x 11... 30 bucks for paper WTF

and one movie
The Jeff Foxworthy Show: The Complete Second Season 13 something

at least they r better then the last 3 weeks : )

[quote name='Riskbreaker23']glad the codes are back in stock yesterday dissidia was in my gold box and today kingdom hearts 358/2 was in it.[/QUOTE]

Bought Kingdom hearts 358/2 when they listed the price as $34.99 on sale from $39.99

Then of course the price changed and now it looks like the regular price is $34.99

I just bought a DSi hori screen protector and pen pack.

Can any of you guys who are getting all or many video games in your gold box give some tips on how you are getting the system to do that? Today I got a nose hair trimmer, a shaver, a sleep aid, Prilosec OTC, and for some reason EA Active, even though I don't have that in my recommend list.

[quote name='jling84']Can any of you guys who are getting all or many video games in your gold box give some tips on how you are getting the system to do that? Today I got a nose hair trimmer, a shaver, a sleep aid, Prilosec OTC, and for some reason EA Active, even though I don't have that in my recommend list.[/QUOTE]

back to all non gaming junk today

I'm getting games in my gold box again. Today I got Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. Man this ECA thing has really induced me into buying way more games than normal. In the past couple of weeks I've gotten inFAMOUS, Samurai Showdown Anthology, and Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga. The membership will pay for itself in no time.

So how do you actually get the college membership. I signed up and when i go through the confirm link it adds the regular membership in the cart.

Education : Some College
Profession : College

This would give me the college membership right?

[quote name='Darkchaos91']So how do you actually get the college membership. I signed up and when i go through the confirm link it adds the regular membership in the cart.

This would give me the college membership right?[/QUOTE]

I think you need to input a college E-mail address. I'm not a student, so I can't verify.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']So how do you actually get the college membership. I signed up and when i go through the confirm link it adds the regular membership in the cart.

This would give me the college membership right?[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed it, the only way to get college membership is with an .edu email address.

BTW, I finally broke down and joined, since my GS credit is getting low, and I want to buy Boom Blox Bash Party, but I am having a heck of a time getting it at the top of my list of recommendations. I should probably just give up and purchase it at the already good price + ECA discount, but, has anyone been able to get it high on their recommendations list (or even on their daily discount list). I know it isn't really the right place to ask, but there has already been a good amount of discussion of recommendation list manipulation in this topic.

Edit: After removing a bunch of other items, I finally got Boom Blox Bash party in my top 10 recommendations. Hopefully it will show up in my daily picks while it is still on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guessed']Unless they changed it, the only way to get college membership is with an .edu email address.

BTW, I finally broke down and joined, since my GS credit is getting low, and I want to buy Boom Blox Bash Party, but I am having a heck of a time getting it at the top of my list of recommendations. I should probably just give up and purchase it at the already good price + ECA discount, but, has anyone been able to get it high on their recommendations list (or even on their daily discount list). I know it isn't really the right place to ask, but there has already been a good amount of discussion of recommendation list manipulation in this topic.

Edit: After removing a bunch of other items, I finally got Boom Blox Bash party in my top 10 recommendations. Hopefully it will show up in my daily picks while it is still on sale.[/QUOTE]

I got Prototype 1st on the recomendations but all I have on my daily deals are baby wipes.

[quote name='pochi26']I got Prototype 1st on the recomendations but all I have on my daily deals are baby wipes.[/QUOTE]

It took me forever to clear out the stuff I didn't want. At first, I was telling it one at a time "Not interested" (this was after I went through my "Improve Recommendations" page and selected "Don't use for recommendations" on everything non-videogame"), but then I saw the "fix this" links, and they allowed me to wipe out large groupings of products that I wasn't interested in.

I know that just because an item is first, doesn't mean it will instantly be a daily deal, but it has a good chance of showing up soon.

[quote name='guessed']It took me forever to clear out the stuff I didn't want. At first, I was telling it one at a time "Not interested" (this was after I went through my "Improve Recommendations" page and selected "Don't use for recommendations" on everything non-videogame"), but then I saw the "fix this" links, and they allowed me to wipe out large groupings of products that I wasn't interested in.

I know that just because an item is first, doesn't mean it will instantly be a daily deal, but it has a good chance of showing up soon.[/QUOTE]

I only have video games in my recommendations but all I get are baby stuff and books.

[quote name='Firefly Flanatic']Is this offer still available or is it too late?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be going on indefinitely.

I'm just waiting for a group of jackasses to fuck it up for everyone else. Hasn't happened yet. :)

[quote name='pochi26']I only have video games in my recommendations but all I get are baby stuff and books.[/QUOTE]

Bummer.

Update: No BBBP in my quick picks, no games at all, but at least better than baby stuff (for me, anyway, since I don't have a baby). Space Ghost Coast to Coast v1, Sealab s1, Sealab s3, Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder, Tropic Thunder DVD.

My GB today:

:wii: EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis $49.99 $44.64 (11% off)
:wii: Boom Blox Bash Party $39.99 $29.92 (25% off)
:wii: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout $29.99 $26.59 (11% off)
:ds: Pokémon Platinum $34.99 $33.24(5% off)

Tempted by BBBP.

[quote name='whymustiregister']My GB today:

:wii: EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis $49.99 $44.64 (11% off)
:wii: Boom Blox Bash Party $39.99 $29.92 (25% off)
:wii: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout $29.99 $26.59 (11% off)
:ds: Pokémon Platinum $34.99 $33.24(5% off)

Tempted by BBBP.[/QUOTE]

I hope I get it in my Picks tomorrow. Good to know it is possible.

Is anyone else having a surge of random stuff in their Gold Box lately? I've done the research to 'modify' the goldbox so you can get some specific stuff, but it seems to have been counter productive. I keep getting stuff that I have never even looked at in my GB.

in for one. I'm definitely going to get back more than the membership cost (im a student btw). although it is extremely annoying that on amazon, they dont let you use one coupon for a whole cart of games, especially when trying to get the $25 FSSS and one of the games you buy is

[quote name='chibamm']Is anyone else having a surge of random stuff in their Gold Box lately? I've done the research to 'modify' the goldbox so you can get some specific stuff, but it seems to have been counter productive. I keep getting stuff that I have never even looked at in my GB.[/QUOTE]

Not random for me, but not what I want. Tomorrow should be better - I thought I had elected "Don't use for recommendations" on everything non-game that it knows I own, but I just found that it was still using Robot Chicken v1 and Harvey Birdman v1 (both at the very end of my list) for recommendations, which explains why I got a bunch of Space Ghost and Futurama movies for the second day in a row.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast v3
Futurama: Bender's Game
Space Ghost Coast to Coast v2
Wall-E (Widescreen Single-Disc Edition)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force v2
Frisky Dingo s1

I pretty much stick to Netflix these days, I have no interest in buying more DVDs.

Ok, I had been keeping some rechargeable batteries on my use for recommendations list, since I wouldn't mind a good deal on a fancy charger, but I don't want to risk it right now. I'll add it back after I get BBBP. Also, I had a bunch of items saved for later in my cart, so I'm deleting them now.

Dissidia Final Fantasy has showed up in my GoldBox for $39.99 $35.14 (12% off) with ECA it goes for $31.44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back