10% off Bioshock 2 plus free Bioshock 1

sorry guys, all filled up!!
Thanks to those who sent!

IF YOUR BIOSHOCK GIFTS ARE NOT SHOWING UP, RESTART STEAM.
thnx

I think I'm interested. Generally I wait for new games to drop to 30... but for 33, why the hell not just get it new?

big and everluck still looking? I don't mind being the purchaser, as long as you guys remember to select "gift" so I get the full amount from you.

EDIT: Oh everluck posted while I was typing. Think I'll just go ahead and buy it then. Surely we'll fine one more. I pm-ed big.

Anyone else having the issue where Bioshock 1 isn't showing up in your account? I bought the 4 pack and got 4 extra copies of Bioshock, but obviously I can't gift the game to myself...

[quote name='Yoshi6107']Anyone else having the issue where Bioshock 1 isn't showing up in your account? I bought the 4 pack and got 4 extra copies of Bioshock, but obviously I can't gift the game to myself...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Restarted steam a couple times to be sure. 4 Bioshock 1 gifts but yeah I don't think I can gift myself. Slightly annoying... :roll:

[quote name='Nyxaz']Alright got PMs, all 4 copies taken. Thanks CAG[/QUOTE]
Am I included in the group?

Guess not :(

Anyone else up for a pack?

Slightly unusual situation: I just bought me a new Intel Core i7 CPU, and it came with a free copy of Avatar: The Game. Would anyone be willing to trade the Avatar download code (which works through Steam, to the best of my knowledge) for one of the Bioshock 2 pre-orders in a four-pack?

(If this is the wrong place to be asking this, then by all means, someone set me right).

[quote name='mokmoof']Slightly unusual situation: I just bought me a new Intel Core i7 CPU, and it came with a free copy of Avatar: The Game. Would anyone be willing to trade the Avatar download code (which works through Steam, to the best of my knowledge) for one of the Bioshock 2 pre-orders in a four-pack?

(If this is the wrong place to be asking this, then by all means, someone set me right).[/QUOTE]

Someone might trade you for the free original Bioshock, but I highly doubt someone would do it for Bioshock 2. Good luck though.

[quote name='everluck']Am I included in the group?

Guess not :(

Anyone else up for a pack?[/QUOTE]

I counted you and swear I PMed you right after my first post in the thread. Check your PMs again, I was still saving the last copy for you.

[quote name='KingFudd']Someone might trade you for the free original Bioshock, but I highly doubt someone would do it for Bioshock 2. Good luck though.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that the original Bioshock does not play on Windows 7 64 bit machines...

[quote name='InvaderZim']I am pretty sure that the original Bioshock does not play on Windows 7 64 bit machines...[/QUOTE]

Runs with no problems on my Windows 7 64-bit system.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I am pretty sure that the original Bioshock does not play on Windows 7 64 bit machines...[/QUOTE]

Works fine on both my laptop and desktop on Win7 x64.

I'm hoping that the mention of SecuROM in the requirements is only a cut/paste from the publisher's copy, and that the Steam version won't have SecuROM.

I'm really tempted to bet on it for $33. I wish 2K games would just come to their senses like Bioware has with their last 2 major releases. DA:O and ME2 only have a simple disc check...

I'm in for a 4 pack as well...but i get paid next Friday -_-

Does anyone know how long will this sale will go on?

[quote name='KingFudd']Someone might trade you for the free original Bioshock, but I highly doubt someone would do it for Bioshock 2. Good luck though.[/QUOTE]

I figured that it was a long shot, but that it couldn't hurt to ask.

If anyone out there is itching to play Avatar, then this would be a cheap way to get it: If someone were to trade me just the Bioshock 2 pre-order, then that person would end up getting Biochock 1 ($20 at retail) and Avatar ($50 at retail) for $35. That's 50% off the base prices.

So for someone who does happen to want those two games, it's a pretty good deal. I'm not looking for charity--just a somewhat unusual trading partner.

Are there any more people doing a 4-pack that need another in on the deal? I would probably be up for buying the 4-pack and sending out the extra copies as well. PM me either way ;)

[quote name='vlv723']I'm in for a 4 pack as well...but i get paid next Friday -_-

Does anyone know how long will this sale will go on?[/QUOTE]

It's probably a pre-order sale. So until Bioshock 2's release date, Feb 9th. Plenty of time to think about it

[quote name='torifile']I'd be up for a 4 pack as well. I can purchase after I get 3 others interested or I can join a group.[/QUOTE]

I sent you the money. Just posting here so you can check your pm's.

You're telling me for $33.75, I'll get Bioshock 2 AND Bioshock 1?

Sign me up!

I don't have any trader rep, but I do have 13 (will be 14 soon) rep on Ebay, if that means anything to yall.

I'm only willing to pay through paypall, so please PM me.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I'm hoping that the mention of SecuROM in the requirements is only a cut/paste from the publisher's copy, and that the Steam version won't have SecuROM.

I'm really tempted to bet on it for $33. I wish 2K games would just come to their senses like Bioware has with their last 2 major releases. DA:O and ME2 only have a simple disc check...[/QUOTE]

No, it's Securom protected. The Steam page now reads "3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™ 5 machine activation limit" and at the bottom it says you need GFWL too:

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.
I don't see any sign of 2K coming to their senses about Steam plus 3rd-party DRM anytime soon. They even added Securom to Steam copies of Borderlands in an update, post-launch.

[quote name='bitter1961']No, it's Securom protected. The Steam page now reads "3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™ 5 machine activation limit" and at the bottom it says you need GFWL too:[/QUOTE]
Well, they won't be getting my money. I'll just wait a year or so after they decide to drop SecuROM and pick it up for like $5 at a holiday sale.

My group's filled. I hate that there's SecuROM in there. Hate it. Anyone know if it's a pre-load or will it only be downloaded on day of release?

[quote name='torifile']My group's filled. I hate that there's SecuROM in there. Hate it. Anyone know if it's a pre-load or will it only be downloaded on day of release?[/QUOTE]

No idea, but PM replied. SecuROM is a for sure bummer, but I have to play this game!

If anyone is still looking for group members plz let me know. I know I don't have any posts on this forum but I have been a member for a long time. Also I have Heatware if anyone wants to check me out. Heatware= BXVeTeRaN

One thing to remember, not that I'm condoning it entirely, is that with a lot of the Steam games that aren't Valves the standard NoCD patches do work. I could be wrong but don't a lot of those activations go through the first time you launch the game? I've had to use the NoCD patches to get mods working on Oblivion and Morrowind on Steam. Same with KoTor. Again, not entirely condoning it, and it may not be 100% valid in this case, but something to think about.

longshot, but if anybody wants to sell their gift copy of bioshock1 cheap, lmk.

Thanks for all the PMs guys

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back