$10 Off Pre-Owned Game Coupon Only 4000 PUR Points 4/11 - 4/17

bagwelljeff

CAGiversary!
I was just looking at my PowerUp Rewards account and was checking out the rewards and it looks like the $10 off a pre-owned game coupon was only 4000 points, the same price for a $5 off coupon - I don't know if this is a glitch or what or if it's a YMMV thing - I ordered 2 and it looks like it works

Edit: Ok looks like this is good all week 4/11 - 4/17 as their Steal Of The Week

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like that is the case with mine too! Too bad i have a 5 off coupon in my wallet that i redeemed a few days ago... that seems to be the theme of my CAG life lately! haha

These can only be used one at a time though, right? Cause I've got 17k points and wouldn't mind snagging 4 of em to get a free decent used game.

yeah, the home page for powerup rewards has the coupon as their "Steal of the week", still i would not have noticed without this post. nice work!

[quote name='boogie4114']do those coupons have expiration dates because I would consider redeeming and holding it until I can get a used copy of LA Noire?[/QUOTE]

yes they expire mine says 6/30/11

thanks OP

[quote name='xilly']These can only be used one at a time though, right? Cause I've got 17k points and wouldn't mind snagging 4 of em to get a free decent used game.[/QUOTE]

it says limit 1 per customer so no.

Thanks OP. Picked up two. Each coupon has a unique code; so it seems you can redeem the offer as many times as you want (so long as you have the points).

Edit: I never paid much attention to the rewards before, but they're not that bad. A PSN card is only 20,000. Overpriced, yeah, but not bad if you've been stocking up on points.

i might pick this up but there isn't anything used I want right now and with L.A. Noire and Duke Nukem coming out in May and June i might not pick up anything used for a while...but i might pick this up just in case...

edit: just realized Bully is $19.99 and I have a B2G1 coupon to redeem by 5/31...i most likely will pick one of these up...

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, thats weird. i was looking at my account and i happened to have another b2g1 coupon, even though my original one expired in december (i never used it). well, thanks OP!

B2G1 and this stacks, and these $10 coupons stack with each other too, although it does say limit 1/customer. Just have them scan them all, it goes through.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']B2G1 and this stacks, and these $10 coupons stack with each other too, although it does say limit 1/customer. Just have them scan them all, it goes through.[/QUOTE]

Provided your store will do that. The guy that works at my local store is a jackass and won't do anything that isn't by the book.

What happens if you return a game and you have less points than the game was worth? I'm 328 points away from getting one and I was thinking of buying a $20 used game now, wait a day or two when the points get deposited, buy the coupon, go back, return the $20 game and use the $10 off and take advantage of the B2G1.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']B2G1 and this stacks, and these $10 coupons stack with each other too, although it does say limit 1/customer. Just have them scan them all, it goes through.[/QUOTE]

Umm, I have to report the opposite result. On Friday I attempted to use a $25 off any gamestop purchase with the B2G1 and it did not work. The employee tried repeatedly.

EDIT: Perhaps using the $10 off preowned games will yield a different result though.

[quote name='xilly']I had a b2g1 in my active offers for the longest time, but of course now that I could use it, it's gone. :([/QUOTE]

Same. As predicted, all the prices are back down now (Batman back to $17.99 in my store), and I actually could use the B2G1 - and this morning I went to print my coupon and its gone.

So, so, so annoying.

Oh, yeah. So the system is effed up to the point where if you use $XX off it'll try to deduct the amount from the FREE game you get. Technically, it's not working as intended but I do believe it's just bugged/glitchy and it's not corporate saying no you can't do that.

But they manually did it for me, which is why I said it worked.

And yes, at the very least these do stack with PUR with no issues.

[quote name='DesertLeo']craaap, i just cashed in a coupon. im about 1500 points shy.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same here, down to the number of points I need. Sucks, I just cashed in 5k for a $5 coupon a couple weeks ago. :whistle2:(

[quote name='nietzsche74']Supposedly you can earn points by playing on Kongregate.

Does anyone know if Kongregate is "safe"?[/QUOTE]

Kongregate is very safe, so have fun.

[quote name='UlysisAM']Kongregate is very safe, so have fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm still going to create a system restore point just to be safe...

Thanks OP! Originally they took out the "pre-owned" coupons for 1k~2k points cheaper than "any purchase" ones. But now it's back, and half the points, awesome!

Thanks OP, got two of these coupons with my points. Glad these points arent worthless. Too bad I recently bought a used copy of Ghost of Sparta and it has been past 7 days. Oh well, I am sure I cant find something else to get.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'm still going to create a system restore point just to be safe...[/QUOTE]

Really? You're that paranoid?

Kongregate has been around for many years. It's just a website with a heck of a lot of web-based games, mostly flash. And now they're OWNED by Gamestop. Gamestop isn't going to own a website that will have malware or crash your computer.

Anyway, since Gamestop started offering PUR points for completing the badge of the day, I've gotten them all except one. Some are harder than others, but all in all, they're fun anyway. I've earned 152 points for completing badges, plus the 275 for linking the accounts. Not a lot, but not bad for playing some games, which I was probably going to do anyway.

[quote name='doreo503']Ugh, I'm 65 points shy... Just my luck![/QUOTE]

This goes for you and everybody else. If you are short and would like to add some points do like I did and link your Kongregate and get 275 PUR Points. Good luck and nice find OP.

bread's done
Back