$10 Off Pre-Owned Game Coupon Only 4000 PUR Points 4/11 - 4/17

bagwelljeff

CAGiversary!
I was just looking at my PowerUp Rewards account and was checking out the rewards and it looks like the $10 off a pre-owned game coupon was only 4000 points, the same price for a $5 off coupon - I don't know if this is a glitch or what or if it's a YMMV thing - I ordered 2 and it looks like it works

Edit: Ok looks like this is good all week 4/11 - 4/17 as their Steal Of The Week

Last edited by a moderator:
Only have enough points for one. Kinda disappointing. That said, I appreciate the thread OP! No way would I have noticed myself.

So, we agree that they DO stack, but it's up to the cashier's discretion?

Does anyone know if these will work on the games that are currently on sale? A used copy of Enslaved is $12.99. I'd love to get that for three bucks. And there's nothing on the coupons that say that they don't combine with sales or other offers.

[quote name='illmatic21']Does anyone know if these will work on the games that are currently on sale? A used copy of Enslaved is $12.99. I'd love to get that for three bucks. And there's nothing on the coupons that say that they don't combine with sales or other offers.[/QUOTE]

Says on the description on the site not valid with other offers. Worth a shot though.

[quote name='illmatic21']Does anyone know if these will work on the games that are currently on sale? A used copy of Enslaved is $12.99. I'd love to get that for three bucks. And there's nothing on the coupons that say that they don't combine with sales or other offers.[/QUOTE]

works on any pre-owned game, sale or no sale.

Good find.

I've spent 100% of my PUR points on 5-6 Interstate Batteries coupons. Under normal circumstances that's the best value.

GS only carries AA batteries, so be careful never to select AAA. They won't honor it.

[quote name='oldboy26']works on any pre-owned game, sale or no sale.[/QUOTE]

Does not work on Power Saver Sale used items. I just tried tonight.

[quote name='mer71']Does not work on Power Saver Sale used items. I just tried tonight.[/QUOTE]
I am very surprised to hear this. I used the cupons before on sale items and it worked fine. I wonder what happens. This cupons should work as cash it does not metter what is the price of the item or if it is on sale or not.

[quote name='mer71']Does not work on Power Saver Sale used items. I just tried tonight.[/QUOTE]

i can vouch i used my coupon tonight on a power sale item. Found enslaved for 12.99. Used my coupon on it walked out the store paying 2.78 in cred.

Did you have the associate scan the barcode or did they just verbally say it won't work?

Can this be used in conjuction with the B2G1 Coupon for PUR Pro members? Mine expires the 30th of this month and I wanted to get rid of it.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Used one earlier and got Kirby's Epic Yarn for ~$15 (after coupon and PUR). Used the rest of my points to print up 2 more.

[quote name='dustdust']Did you have the associate scan the barcode or did they just verbally say it won't work?[/QUOTE]

I tried to buy a PSS item and a non-PSS item. And after scanning it, it would not take the $5 off. So they did two transactions and it worked on the non-PSS item.

So I've read that these will and will not stack with the B2G1 sale.

Can anyone report their experiences with this particular coupon?

Anyway, I guess I know now to save my points for offers like this. I could have had 3, almost 4 of them if I hadn't cashed in 10,000 for a 10 dollars off any game. Now I'm 1,300 shy of my second, but at least I get one.

Glad I saw this, just got my coupon. Going to save it and get LA Noire used as long as it turns out to be as good as it looks so far.

Figure it will be like $54.99 used - $10 coupon - $13 in credit I have = $31/32

That'd be a pretty good deal. :applause:

[quote name='AugustAPC']So I've read that these will and will not stack with the B2G1 sale.

Can anyone report their experiences with this particular coupon?[/QUOTE]

They absolutely do not. I've tried before, they're "not valid with any other offer."

you guys do realize you dont have to waist points on multiple coupons. You can print the same coupon as many times as you want I used it 5 times the last time I printed one. Absolutely no problems 2 weeks ago.

Are these coupons tied to your account or can anyone use them? I'm thinking about grabbing one and giving it to a friend to use.

[quote name='arcurifisher']you guys do realize you dont have to waist points on multiple coupons. You can print the same coupon as many times as you want I used it 5 times the last time I printed one. Absolutely no problems 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
This doesn't work. The coupon will show up as invalid.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']This doesn't work. The coupon will show up as invalid.[/QUOTE]
no it dosn't, the coupon comes off before total like a tradional ecb code. I'm telling you I used the same one 5 times no problem. Its not like a gift card.

[quote name='mer71']This stinks! I just redeemed 4K for a $5 last week![/QUOTE]

Just last week I finally redeemed 8K for $10. Oh well. =(

[quote name='arcurifisher']no it dosn't, the coupon comes off before total like a tradional ecb code. I'm telling you I used the same one 5 times no problem. Its not like a gift card.[/QUOTE]

I tried using the same $5 coupon twice...didn't work the second time since the system said I already redeemed it.

[quote name='arcurifisher']no it dosn't, the coupon comes off before total like a tradional ecb code. I'm telling you I used the same one 5 times no problem. Its not like a gift card.[/QUOTE]You are either lying or very lucky if you got away with using it 5 different times.

[quote name='dustdust']I tried using the same $5 coupon twice...didn't work the second time since the system said I already redeemed it.[/QUOTE]
I dont know what to tell ya for sure. I quit a few weeks ago and when we scanned the coupons there was no link between cupon and card. We even had a code incase the coupon didnt scan. What if your printer dosn't print a scannable bar code?? We manually did it.

[quote name='arcurifisher']you guys do realize you dont have to waist points on multiple coupons. You can print the same coupon as many times as you want I used it 5 times the last time I printed one. Absolutely no problems 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

when powerup first started i tried using my b2g1 a second time and the manager said it's already been used. it doesn't work.

everyone's coupons from pur have a unique identifying number. you can't use these coupons more than once. it just makes you look like an asshole at gamestop when you try.

there's a lot of misinformation in this thread thats gonna disappoint some folks.

1. Coupon does not stack with other offers. It is stated on the redemption page. If you combine more than 1 coupon, YMMV.

2. A coupon cannot be redeemed more than once. I've attempted this myself.

3. Does not stack with B2G1 (not that it matters at this point for every other member that didnt just recently sign up). I tried just last weekend to experiment and the register didnt take.

[quote name='Donut2922']there's a lot of misinformation in this thread thats gonna disappoint some folks.

3. Does not stack with B2G1 (not that it matters at this point for every other member that didnt just recently sign up). I tried just last weekend to experiment and the register didnt take.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that 100% I remember the last B2G1 sale I tried to get three ps2 games and use my 10off coupon. What happened was since the offers can not be combined I would only save 10$ from the coupon. The real kicker is the clerk told me that because he scanned the coupon before telling me the offers wouldn't stack he also can't remove the coupon and if he canceled out the coupon would be dead anyways; so basically had to waste the 10ff rather than just using the b2g1 promotion.

So be careful when trying to use these offers as they like to not be compatible with anything.

Does the $10 off coupon stack with the 10% discount you get from your PUR card? If so then is the 10% discount applied before or after the $10 off coupon?

[quote name='Cheska19']Aww :( So you can't use two codes in one transaction?[/QUOTE]

I only have some anecdotal info on this question. I was asking some questions about these coupons in my store recently. Specifically I asked if they could be stacked. The manager told me that he and one of the other guys who works there did some testing to see what worked and what didn't. While they did not try to stack two of the same coupons in one transaction, they did learn that two different coupons would scan in one transaction. He told me they used a $x off a preowned game and a $5 off something else succesfully in the same transaction BUT (and this may be important) there were two items in the transaction - a preowned game and something else. So this may have worked for that reason (one coupon applied to each item)

[quote name='dustdust']I tried using the same $5 coupon twice...didn't work the second time since the system said I already redeemed it.[/QUOTE]

same here, the coupon only valid once

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I've got 27k points, because I never know what to buy. This could work.[/QUOTE]

Normally I get the $10 off any purchase coupons and use them on XBL points.

May end up getting Two Worlds II with this "deal," but even at $25 used, that isn't an amazing price or anything.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']went ahead and used 16,000 for 4 coupons. I can get Haze for free except for the tax. Plus I have several near me so it doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

You don't want Haze.

[quote name='phatbhuda'] I've been slow to transition to this PUR thing.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I just really started checking in on my points last week, only to realize that I had about 32k already. Purchased 2 of the $10 off certs.

I'm hearing conflicting things. Do you guys think if I go in and grab a used copy of Fallout: New Vegas (never kept one for myself during all of the flipping), the $10 off would work properly? I wonder because it is part of the sale, would that count as another offer that the coupon would not stack with. I'm not afraid to just go try it, but I don't want to lose my coupon if it doesn't work, like someone else posted earlier.

used my coupon on Ghost Trick $24.99 - $2.49 (PUR) - $10 (coup) = $12.50 + tax

unfortunately my total came out to $28 because i had to renew my PUR membership -__-

bread's done
Back