$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to use the Reward Zone offer again on some more Skylanders, but the register gave an error message saying "Duplicate detected". Then later on used my brother's Reward Zone offer with his card, but got that same error even though he never redeemed the offer before. Also, I was trying to get the same 2 packs GamerChris was getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
These offers are still valid through tomorrow. Has anyone tried to get MW3 for PC for free today? The Black Friday price is $24.99....

[quote name='mkernan']These offers are still valid through tomorrow. Has anyone tried to get MW3 for PC for free today? The Black Friday price is $24.99....[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in this as well. Has anyone tried this? I will stop by BBY late today to see if it works.

Well, I'm not sure why, but it did NOT work automatically (even though the wording says it works on sale prices).

They were nice enough (and exasperated enough) to just do an override and make the game a penny for me.

So, very much YMMV.

[quote name='mkernan']Well, I'm not sure why, but it did NOT work automatically (even though the wording says it works on sale prices).

They were nice enough (and exasperated enough) to just do an override and make the game a penny for me.

So, very much YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. Today I just went to Bestbuy to get the MW3. The coupon is not automatically off. But the associate was nice enough to let the manager override.

[quote name='pun123']tried to get MW3 for PC but manager said no, so I said keep it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Said its already on sale. Didnt want to fight it since he did price adjust assassin creed 3 for $25 when i got it on release date.

[quote name='GamerChris']My Best Buy in San Carlos wouldn't honor the Skylanders offer.

I went to the register with the following:
- Triple character pack: Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom
- Triple character pack: Drobot, Flameslinger, Stump Smash

The coupon did not work. The manager came over, and claimed that it only works on specific SKUs and would not honor the coupon. This store repeatedly does not honor Reward Zone offers and Manuafacturer's coupons. I walked out empty handed.

Pretty pissed.[/QUOTE]

That's my local store as well. They wouldn't let me use the old angry birds trilogy coupon back when it was valid in combination with a b2g1 ad promo, was lame

There are four SKUs on the RE6 coupon, i havnt checked, but I suspect those are including the archive edition, but still well out of my price range.

[quote name='shady520']damn, I just bought hitman last week with the $10 gc[/QUOTE]

Same here. Anyone know if we can price match this in some way to get an additional $10 gift card? I was thinking maybe a return rebuy could work, but I think they take the value of the gift card you got off of the return.

[quote name='mpaullin']Same here. Anyone know if we can price match this in some way to get an additional $10 gift card? I was thinking maybe a return rebuy could work, but I think they take the value of the gift card you got off of the return.[/QUOTE]

buy a new copy

return the new copy with your old receipt.

keep receipt with gift card.

Gonna have to wait on a price drop fro RE6. I could see spending 20 on it but not 40. I passed on it at 25 during the Microsoft deal so no rush since it's sure to hit 20 just about everywhere by Christmas anyway and I have a stupidly big backlog thanks to Black Friday. Ugh!!

I got my Black Ops 2 $20 gift certificate 3 days after pick up. I did, however, order the game on 9/28, which is more than the 30 days waiting period.

How do we know that Hitman is going to be a good game without any reviews so far? I know the previous ones were, but this is a whole new ball. Remember when everyone was so excited about Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? People were buying that game in drove when it was released, even though there were no reviews out there, and that game is so bad it's unplayable.

[quote name='usc_1']i got mine 20 reward zone for black ops 2 pre order they just aded in points for reward member.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']I got my Black Ops 2 $20 gift certificate 3 days after pick up. I did, however, order the game on 9/28, which is more than the 30 days waiting period.

How do we know that Hitman is going to be a good game without any reviews so far? I know the previous ones were, but this is a whole new ball. Remember when everyone was so excited about Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? People were buying that game in drove when it was released, even though there were no reviews out there, and that game is so bad it's unplayable.[/QUOTE]

i hope you are not trolling, the review is already out, just use google search if you do not believe me

[quote name='Investor']I got my Black Ops 2 $20 gift certificate 3 days after pick up. I did, however, order the game on 9/28, which is more than the 30 days waiting period.

How do we know that Hitman is going to be a good game without any reviews so far? I know the previous ones were, but this is a whole new ball. Remember when everyone was so excited about Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? People were buying that game in drove when it was released, even though there were no reviews out there, and that game is so bad it's unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Um, there are reviews. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/hitman-absolution

9/10 IGN
5/5 G4
8.8/10 Game Informer

And tons more mostly good reviews. I bought it at launch and will play it in a couple of weeks after finals. Can't wait! This is a good deal IMO.

[quote name='evophile']Hmm. Any idea if the $20 GC on Norman would work with the Professional Edition?[/QUOTE]

check the sku on the rewardzone offer, it will tell you

[quote name='YBX87']is the game long? because from the walkthrough video i seen on youtube, it looks like a short game[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be around 15 hours+ long/short for the SP campaign, according to Angry Joe Show.
That's not even including the high-level of replayability (tons of ways to do kills, the scoring system, etc); and the new Contracts Mode, which he discusses later (around 16:58 into this).

See around 16 minutes and 9 seconds into it, where Angry Joe discusses the SP campaign's game length.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeM8YL_grsY

It took me three days to finish Hitman. With the GC, I would say that its worth buying but for $60 straight, nope. I bought it, beat it and already sold it on ebay. Basically, it cost me $25. Length depends on how you play the game. To me, its basically the Conviction of the Hitman franchise. I'm NOT even a hardcore Hitman fan and even I was disappointed. For me, the story is horrible. I hated it. After the first two stages, I just wanted to zoom through the game as I wasnt even into it anymore. Just wanted it to be over. Gameplay was good at times but also bad at times. The camera was too close at times which makes the buttons for dragging, weapon pick up, etc. hard to see. Granted, once you get used to it, you'll be fine. But its still annoying.

I basically went through running and gunning the majority of the game. Cant do stealth because there's too many stages that have way too many enemies. Disguises are horrible in my opinion. Instead of being here and there, you pretty much need to use them the entire game which also turned me off. Also, didnt like the aiming and shooting. To hold down the RT button halfway to get a slowmo on the target and then press it all the way down was annoying. Dont have to do this but didnt like it. The point shooting feature which is basically a copy of Conviction's mark and execute is horrible. I barely used it. You have to press RB to start instinct, then X to start the point shooting, then LT to aim, RT to target/mark and then X to finish it. Sorry but takes way too long to do this. Also, hate the scoring system. Shouldnt exist. I understand being penalized for killing civilians but to get penalized for killing the guys who are hunting you is just stupid. Near the end of the game, I stopped caring about points. I just wanted to finish the game.

Graphics/Visuals - 9/10
Music/Sound/Voice - 9/10
Gameplay - 5/10
Story - 5/10
Overall - 7/10

Here's how I can sum this up - the tutorial stage was my favorite stage. I did pure stealth and hid everybody. Game went downhill from there. I was so pumped for this game and honestly thought that it was going to be my game of the year but nope, Sleeping Dogs is still my game of the year.

As for site reviews, etc...you're better off just playing the game yourself. I hate reviews because you never know if they're legitimate or not. Sites get paid for good reviews or gets extra advertising. I stopped going by reviews a decade or so ago. In the end though, the only review that should matter is your own.

[quote name='popular penguin']Would I be able to price match Fry's price of $35 for Resident Evil 6 AND use the $20 off offer?[/QUOTE]

No, it's considered double dipping.

Sweet, the LBP coupon goes through 12/8, just enough time for all my pending points to show up from my AC3 pre-order. Maybe I'll even have finished a Vita game by then!

Also I think playing a Hitman game as a pure shooter basically invalidates your review of it...I mean why bother playing it?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Also I think playing a Hitman game as a pure shooter basically invalidates your review of it...I mean why bother playing it?[/QUOTE]

I played it as a shooter because its way too frustrating to play as stealth on most levels. Cant do it. I was only playing on Normal and when there's 30 or so enemies in a small stage, you cant do anything else. You're always trespassing or spotted even with disguises. I learned early on that its NOT a true Hitman game. Those who loved Blood Money will tell you the same. The opening tutorial was probably the only true stealth stage because there's not a lot of enemies, the environment is small and you can actually take them out one by one. You cant do that in the majority of other stages because there's too many enemies. Thats when I just started shooting my way through. I played it because I bought it and wanted to finish it before I sold it. Didnt like the ending either. Sorry but the game is a HUGE disappointment and not what I was expecting. Hitman Absolution is basically the series version of Splinter Cell Conviction.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']
Also I think playing a Hitman game as a pure shooter basically invalidates your review of it...I mean why bother playing it?[/QUOTE]

Because at around the halfway point of the game they stop giving you civilians in missions, it is only you with a couple very linear options to get to your objectives, and 40+ enemies where you can't use a disguise because everyone apparently knows each other. Then the removed the save anywhere feature for a checkpoint one so if you screw up it reloads a checkpoint 20 minutes ago which also respawns everyone including the guys you have killed/pacified and hid their bodies. The game is not that good and should have been a lot better, I would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 and suggest playing blood money instead if you need a hitman fix. If you want a similar game but much better just pick up dishonored instead.

[quote name='popular penguin']Would I be able to price match Fry's price of $35 for Resident Evil 6 AND use the $20 off offer?[/QUOTE]

They will not price match and allow a coupon. However, they will allow a coupon to be used on their own sales prices.

[quote name='Br4inDead']oh.... fuck you best buy. Buy this on release and then you do this.[/QUOTE]
Come on, you know you can't buy stuff at launch except for GCU promos.
[quote name='IamPro']I will be able to pricematch Hitman if it drops within 30days right? (is it longer then 30 since its holidays?)[/QUOTE]
According to some vets (cancerman), depends on how they print your receipt, which hopefully we can get some solid info soon.

[quote name='evophile']Hmm. Any idea if the $20 GC on Hitman wo uld work with the Professional Edition?[/QUOTE]

I just checked the offer in my RZ account and it did in fact list the professional ed. so they should PM the $20 gc

i tried using the resident evil 6 $20 off in the store and it wasn't working. I clicked claim on my account even printed the coupon and when I tried to checkout it just said invalid and still rangup as $59.99

had to get a manager to override the price to $40, he said that has happened to other people today as well.

[quote name='havuk']I just checked the offer in my RZ account and it did in fact list the professional ed. so they should PM the $20 gc[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks! I ordered it from Amz since I've been out of town for a week; but even returning it and getting from Best Buy puts me ahead.

[quote name='shady520']Because at around the halfway point of the game they stop giving you civilians in missions, it is only you with a couple very linear options to get to your objectives, and 40+ enemies where you can't use a disguise because everyone apparently knows each other. Then the removed the save anywhere feature for a checkpoint one so if you screw up it reloads a checkpoint 20 minutes ago which also respawns everyone including the guys you have killed/pacified and hid their bodies. The game is not that good and should have been a lot better, I would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 and suggest playing blood money instead if you need a hitman fix. If you want a similar game but much better just pick up dishonored instead.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This Hitman is much better if you treat it like Uncharted as stealth is a no go.

I'm interested to know how the $20 GC appears on the receipt, as Absolution would be my very first Hitman title, and if the possibility to PM down the road is still possible, I'd be willing to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back