$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']deadliest warrior, fairy tale fights, and I know there's one or two more free ones we've received from best buy. So yeah, it happens[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget about X-Blades ($0.00 @ BBY ~ $20 @ GameCrazy)
and while Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll was still $10, it sure was fun discovering the BBY trade-in system.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Anybody try using this coupon on a used copy of Zelda? It'd only be $5 as it doesn't specify new or used.[/QUOTE]

You could try and hope a manager does the override that would be required. It isn't really a coupon, it just takes $35 off with your Reward Zone account. The Sku listed is specifically for the new version.

Wow, okay, I seriously didn't realize you needed an attachment to the Wiimote to play this (I don't own a Wii). I was going to pick this up for my nephew but pretty pointless now.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']Let's not forget about X-Blades ($0.00 @ BBY ~ $20 @ GameCrazy)
and while Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll was still $10, it sure was fun discovering the BBY trade-in system.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if your just referring to coupons under Best Buy's Gamer thingie but there was much more than that including Your in the movies w/Vision Camera (before it became worthless value wise) and TONS of games using the free $5 off coupon from 2005. Ah, those were the days. I had a stack of Unreal on Xbox and XIII at one point.

Hey guys, help me out here as I am Wiitarded. You need the motion plus attachment to play skyward sword right? Can't do it with the normal controller or the normal controller/nunchuck right?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Hey guys, help me out here as I am Wiitarded. You need the motion plus attachment to play skyward sword right? Can't do it with the normal controller or the normal controller/nunchuck right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as far as I know, WiiMotion Plus Controller or Attachment are REQUIRED to play the game.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Do I have to print off the offer? Or does it just show up when they scan my card? My printer is being stupid so I can't seem to print it[/QUOTE]
You don't need to print the offer, but make sure you activate the offer on reward website before buying. At the store they scan your card and the game, then the offer should show up on their screen.

[quote name='usagi']You don't need to print the offer, but make sure you activate the offer on reward website before buying. At the store they scan your card and the game, then the offer should show up on their screen.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I've never actually used one of these before without having the coupon printed out so I wasn't sure.

Sorry if this is a dumb question that has been answered before... but...

Has anyone ever purchased the same game more than once with the same reward zone card and gotten the discount both times (like two purchases made on separate occasions)? Or is the system set up to where it only discounts the first purchase?

I was hoping to score two copies of Zelda for $15 each using one GCU RZ card.

EDIT: Found the answer on page 31 of the thread. Someone reported buying two copies of Twisted Metal using the same RZ card. No override needed, but cashier needs to apply the promo twice. I'm guessing things probably haven't changed in the last couple weeks since that was reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dev518']I'm so torn on getting SS. I only got halfway through Twilight Princess. Is SS as uninspired?[/QUOTE]
Twilight princess is an incredible game.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Can't find that promo on their site?[/QUOTE]
50% trade in ends today. Have to buy a pre-owned game to activate it.

[quote name='Burning Karma']50% trade in ends today. Have to buy a pre-owned game to activate it.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks! Is this limited to one game only? I want to trade in 6 games.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Thanks Tyler1701, chimpmeister; I really don't know shit about the Wii so I didn't even know there was a motion plus attachment.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you bought a Wii console within the last 2 to 3 years, your Wii remote controller (Wii-mote) already comes with the MotionPlus attachment built-in to the remote. It will even say so right below the blue LEDs on the remote.

So there is no need to buy the MotionPlus attachment separately unless your nephew has an older Wii system that came with the older Wii-mote (w/o MotionPlus already built-in). Also, even if your nephew has an older Wii and Wii-mote, he may've gotten the MotionPlus attachment at some point in the past anyway, because games like Wii Sports Resort that were very popular when the MotionPlus attachment just came out, required its usage!

Went in to grab Skyward Sword and LA Noire used.

Got a copy with the music CD, they didn't actually have any copies that didn't. LA Noire needed a little more effort lol

[quote name='Xombie007']Actually, if you bought a Wii console within the last 2 to 3 years, your Wii remote controller (Wii-mote) already comes with the MotionPlus attachment built-in to the remote. It will even say so right below the blue LEDs on the remote.

So there is no need to buy the MotionPlus attachment separately unless your nephew has an older Wii system that came with the older Wii-mote (w/o MotionPlus already built-in). Also, even if your nephew has an older Wii and Wii-mote, he may've gotten the MotionPlus attachment at some point in the past anyway, because games like Wii Sports Resort that were very popular when the MotionPlus attachment just came out, required its usage![/QUOTE]

Appreciate the detailed response, but yeah; older Wii and no Wii Motion Plus. Don't want to pick him up a game that he has to go buy an accessory for.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Can't find that promo on their site?[/QUOTE]

The 50% bonus was a promotion if you purchased a used game with the credit(even a $1 game would get you the full bonus), but it's over now. They likely still have other promos going on with varying bonuses, though. The 10% is the standard bonus for people subscribed to Game Informer.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I hope Max Payne 3 drops to $49.99 or even $39.99 during this promo...[/QUOTE]

But don't the coupons differ from the @Gamer ones, and only work with the MSRP, and not the current sale price?

*EDIT* Yeah, seems so: "Markdowns taken from regular prices."

Can someone explain WHY everytime I try to redeem one of these Gamer's Club offers, it always comes up as DUPLICATE DATA FOUND?! It's happened when I tried to purchase MW3, Twisted Metal LE, and now Zelda SS! Are the BB cashiers not ringing them up correctly or what? They're supposed to scan the printouts (just 1 for each offer) that I bring them after visiting the RZ website and claiming the offers, and then scan the products themselves. The discounted price should then be showing right?

But in each of these cases I seem to get a DUPLICATE DATA FOUND error message, that make the cashiers think I've already redeemed these offers! So then they check my purchase history (through my RZ record), and after determining that I haven't purchased those games and already made use of the offers, a manager comes along and uses their override to get me the discounts. But shouldn't these offers work without needing that override? What am I, or the BB cashiers doing wrong here?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']But don't the coupons differ from the @Gamer ones, and only work with the MSRP, and not the current sale price?

*EDIT* Yeah, seems so: "Markdowns taken from regular prices."

[quote name='Enuf']
Do you need to merge your RZ accounts? Does anyone else have access to or has had access in the past to your account? Have you ever noticed purchases showing on your account that you didn't make? I'd suggest calling CS or making a post on the forums page so someone can examine your account.[/QUOTE]

Merge accounts? No, I only have 1 RZ account (it's a premiere silver), and no one else has access to it, uses it, nor have I ever noticed purchases associated with it that wasn't mine. I don't think it has anything to do with someone else using up these offers through my RZ account, because as I already mentioned in my last message... in each of these cases the BB employees checked my RZ purchase history to make sure that I hadn't already redeemed those offers (whether it was MW3, Twisted Metal LE, and Zelda SS that I was getting), and then a manager would use override to give me the discount on each occasion.

I do remember that when I tried to get Twisted Metal LE (which was on or around Aug. 3rd), the manager on that particular transaction told the clerk "that it's a known issue" when she did her override. I was hoping that whatever issue it was, they'd have it fixed by the time when I went to get Zelda SS (Aug. 18th). Apparently it either hasn't been fixed, or there is something about the checkout process that isn't being done correctly.

Someone on another blog site mentioned that you're not supposed to scan the printed coupon, because the barcode on it is basically has your RZ membership no. So when the cashier has already scanned your RZ card AND the printed coupon, then that's what gives the DUPLICATE DATA FOUND error message and screws up the transaction.

In other words, the correct procedure for redeeming these gamer's club offers are:

1) Go to the RZ website, and claim the offer, but DON'T print the coupon or take it to BB with you!
2) Go to a BB and buy the product for which you claimed the offer, and present/scan your RZ card as usual.

The discount will apply, and then you can pay and complete your transaction. I haven't tried this yet myself, but can anyone confirm that this is infact the PROPER way of doing it?

The correct procedure is to either have the barcode scanned, your RZ card scanned OR they manually enter your RZ info. One of those 3 things needs to happen first. Then you have the game and anything else scanned for purchase. Never know if something is going to work right if it's not done in that order.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']The correct procedure is to either have the barcode scanned, your RZ card scanned OR they manually enter your RZ info. One of those 3 things needs to happen first. Then you have the game and anything else scanned for purchase. Never know if something is going to work right if it's not done in that order.[/QUOTE]

Right, the way I do it is present the coupon with the barcode to the cashier first (which they scan), and then they scan the product and all other items that I'm purchasing, and finally they scan my RZ card. Should they not be doing that last step then? Is that what triggers the DUPICATE DATA FOUND message and screws up the transaction?

I'm thinking that from now on, when I try to redeem one of these Gamer's Club offers, after claiming it at their website, I'll just present my RZ card first, and then have the product that the offer was for, as well as anything else that I'm purchasing, scanned. I won't even bother presentig the coupon with the barcode. Let's see if that does the trick.:idea:

Off topic.
Do you actually get a physical rewards card? After I signed up for GC unlocked I asked if I could get a physical rewards card and they said no but you can get one online. I checked online but only found a printable "card".

[quote name='209chromatic']Off topic.
Do you actually get a physical rewards card? After I signed up for GC unlocked I asked if I could get a physical rewards card and they said no but you can get one online. I checked online but only found a printable "card".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they send out a BBRZ physical card made of plastic (just like credit/debit cards), and it says Premier Silver on it. They send me renewal cards every year as well. The reverse side also has a 24/7 dedicated phone number for member services mentioned as well.

Maybe the non-Premier Silver members have to print one out for themselves, but we Premier Silver members get an actual plastic card sent to us.

I wonder if they will price match and allow you to use a coupon? Target has Max Payne 3 for 41.99 in their weekly add. Would be awesome to get Max for $11.99 plus tax. Has this worked for anyone?

[quote name='Rakari']I wonder if they will price match and allow you to use a coupon? Target has Max Payne 3 for 41.99 in their weekly add. Would be awesome to get Max for $11.99 plus tax. Has this worked for anyone?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's "double dipping." Meaning you can't PM AND use a coupon. It's either or

Although, I did read the fine print of the offer and no where does it state "Not valid when combined with other coupons or offers," similar to the @Gamer coupons. So PMing and the coupon might work. I'll have to try this tomorrow.

FINE PRINT:
"Markdowns taken from regular prices. Limit 1 offer per membership. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Not valid at BestBuy.com®. Excludes clearance, open-box and Marketplace items. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Reward Zone Gamers Club member card number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Offer valid 8/19/12-9/1/12."

[quote name='Geco17']Although, I did read the fine print of the offer and no where does it state "Not valid when combined with other coupons or offers," similar to the @Gamer coupons. So PMing and the coupon might work. I'll have to try this tomorrow.

FINE PRINT:
"Markdowns taken from regular prices. Limit 1 offer per membership. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Not valid at BestBuy.com®. Excludes clearance, open-box and Marketplace items. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Reward Zone Gamers Club member card number or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Offer valid 8/19/12-9/1/12."[/QUOTE]

The email/website deals actually use seperate policy from the @gamer coupons. The very first sentence of the fine print is actually what makes it clear: "Markdowns taken from regular prices." IE: MSRP which is $59.99.

There's a duplicate thread for JUST the MP3 deal on here, and it's been confirmed multiple times already that's the case. If you do get the cashier to PM + use the coupon, consider yourself extremely lucky.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']The email/website deals actually use seperate policy from the @gamer coupons. The very first sentence of the fine print is actually what makes it clear: "Markdowns taken from regular prices." IE: MSRP which is $59.99.

There's a duplicate thread for JUST the MP3 deal on here, and it's been confirmed multiple times already that's the case. If you do get the cashier to PM + use the coupon, consider yourself extremely lucky.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification

I feel like if you really wanted to cause a stink you could use this on a pre owned copy, taking it down to 15.

The "full price " of the preowned is 44.99, and it does not say anywhere it has to be on a new copy does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back