$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhilsUtley26']What's up with spider wrap deal. Sorry for noob question lol.[/QUOTE]
Not sure exactly what you're asking but it's for theft prevention.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']What's up with spider wrap deal. Sorry for noob question lol.[/QUOTE]

It ruins the box. Some people care, some people don't. I care, I'd rather have it on the shelf in a plastic box than spider wrapped.

Glad I saw this thread, I was close to buying The Witcher 2 recently for much more than $10. When I go to check out with the game, do I have to show them the printout from the rewards page or do I just have to show my rewards card and it applies automatically?

yay, got a copy with the guide!

almost bought a vanilla yesterday. Glad I waited.

edit: drawback is no UPC on the included version. Oh well, there was no chance of me finishing this and trading into amazon anyway.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']It ruins the box. Some people care, some people don't. I care, I'd rather have it on the shelf in a plastic box than spider wrapped.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, that shit makes me sick when I see a CE with one of those digging into the box. Fortunately my bb had the witcher in the large security box.

Just got the last one in my little area of Minnesota. Much thanks to the person who mentioned you don't actually have to print out the coupon...just claim the deal on the website, and when they hit total a box will come up for them to click "okay" to (as long as they've put in your RZ number before hitting total), because its connected to your RZ account.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I totally agree, that shit makes me sick when I see a CE with one of those digging into the box. Fortunately my bb had the witcher in the large security box.[/QUOTE]

*high five*

Mine came in a security box too. The guy at checkout didn't even know about it, and I got the last one at his store too.

damn too bad my rewardzone is fucked up and i cant access the coupon. $10 witcher and i know a store that still has t shirts wouldve been amazing

Got it yesterday so pretty unlikely that I will get a pricematch. The coupon works only once per account. I will still give it a shot next time I step in a BB

got a $10 witcher and a $20 prototype 2 (and got the cashier to get me a steelbook for free too)

Not a bad haul for about $37 (magazine + tax), thanks op!

BB does it again but since I already price matched the 2 for $60 yesterday I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be stuck playing sleeping dogs for awhile! But it's hard for me to say no to a $10 game!!!!

Is it possible to be addicted to BB deals? What a great year to be a cag.

Grabbed a copy of Metal Gear for the vita today with 15 off coupon. Also grabbed a Dead Island Steel book for 5 bucks.

Picking up a copy of Witcher 2 tomorrow after work.

Then I'm grabbing a couple games with @gamer coupons this week if I get my magazine.

After this I really need to give my wallet a break.

I picked up the following in the last 3 days.
Metal Gear (Vita)
The Walking Dead (special edition head case)
Uncharted 2 pre-owned (needed to use my $5 off from last months @gamer coupon)
Sleeping Dogs/Darksider 2 (TRU 2 for 1 deal)
Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition (18 dollars at gamestop)
Dead Island Steel Book ($5 preorder)

Dropped about 170 all said in done in 3 days. not bad if you look at the haul I picked up but still, a decent chunk of money. Luckily I make a crap load of money with my job and don't need to waste my time traveling and flipping games!

I just need to pick up ME3, Star Wars Mac Pack and Prototype 2 and I'm done for a while... or at least until a new deal comes along.

Spending my money exhausts me!!!

Picked up Prototype 2 for my son for his birthday. They had several of the copies wrapped with the pre-order steel case and a double sided poster. Nice deal for $20

The BB I went to had all their copies of The Witcher 2 locked up in the front. I asked and the guy went to the front and came back with a pristine Enhanced copy. He commented that it was a damn good deal for a good but hard game. Here's hoping that this was the first of five $10 games that I want to pick up at BB this month.

[quote name='Chin35char']I'm waiting for a Max Payne 3 price drop to 39.99 soon. Any chance it happens fellow cag'ers?[/QUOTE]

Its possible, but game isn't worth buying. No replay value as multi sucks and long cut scenes which you can't skip for story. Just rent it if possible.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Its possible, but game isn't worth buying. No replay value as multi sucks and long cut scenes which you can't skip for story. Just rent it if possible.[/QUOTE]

I rented it, but didn't beat it in a day. I would love to pick it up for 10 dollars then flip it for a game on GameTZ.

My BB was all out of Witcher 2, but they ordered it for me and said to come back before the 15th to return/rebuy with the discount.

[quote name='krashhole']Picked up Prototype 2 for my son for his birthday. They had several of the copies wrapped with the pre-order steel case and a double sided poster. Nice deal for $20[/QUOTE]

If my store had that I'd be all over it. The cases were gone long ago.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Heads up to folks that bought Witcher 2 yesterday for $20 and are having a hard time price-matching:

Two different managers couldn't get the price adjustment to go through because the coupon was one-time only. I was pleasant but insistent that I should get the $10 back somehow and they finally let me buy anything in the store at a $10 discount. So if you are having trouble, hint at that possible route.[/QUOTE]

yea this is the first time ive price adjusted. it was hell.

first i was the third person in line all three check out counters were occupied with problems that were taking 2 years each. the two people in front of me got in and out.

then i got up there expected it to be an easy 10.86 refund. but i was wrong.

it took them forever. took two people to try. the first person tried to tell me no i needed the items. argued for a few minutes i was trying to be polite and nice. another person tried for like 15 minutes....i swear she logged in, typed in store adjustment pricematch like, tried to price adjust and exited out like 50 times succeeding 3 times and still exiting out and then finnally got to the manager override screen for the 4th time and let it stick and called someone to override....why customer service doesnt have an override clerk around at all times i dont know...she called the phone service guy to override it lol.

so 2 minute task took 20 minutes + 20 minutes waiting my turn....still better than if i was getting paid 7.75 an hour.

[quote name='Romeo']If my store had that I'd be all over it. The cases were gone long ago.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see them like that. They had 2 more wrapped the same way, and about 4 with just the game.

Looking to find a copy of The Witcher in store tomorrow so that I can trade in the copy I bought at launch for $25.20 with the 100% promo. I was looking to renew my GCU membership anyway. What better way to do it than to pay for it using BB trade in credit ;)

Thanks for the Witcher 2 price update yesterday and....for someone mentioning the shirt.

Picked it up yesterday for $10 and got the shirt with it!!

Assuming BB will let me PM the 2/$60 dealie at TRU in-store there, I'll probably grab Sleeping Dogs & Darksiders II and then use one of the @Gamer coupons to grab Prototype 2 for $20. If the 100% promo holds, then maybe I'll trade back in one of those three and grab BF3 for $10 before the @Gamer coupons end.;)

[quote name='karatebear']Glad I saw this thread, I was close to buying The Witcher 2 recently for much more than $10. When I go to check out with the game, do I have to show them the printout from the rewards page or do I just have to show my rewards card and it applies automatically?[/QUOTE]

It applies automatically if you applied the coupon to your account online. All I had when I showed up at the store was my phone number. No physical copies of anything.

Went to my local Best Buy despite the site saying Witcher 2 was OOS. Luckily they had one last copy and I managed to get it for $10. Thanks!

If I can find Witcher 2 at one of my 2 BB's, I think I'll pick it up for $10. Online only has the Ship to Store option, which I assume can't be combined with this deal?

[quote name='Bmvc1']So I can buy this for $10, then trade it in for $24?[/QUOTE]It seems so, but I recommend you wait a little while before trading it in to avoid raising suspicion and possibly getting banned from making trade-ins.

[quote name='Bmvc1']So I can buy this for $10, then trade it in for $24?[/QUOTE]

Just came back from Best Buy and did the exact thing that you mention. Not sure how long the TIV will held since I also did this for Kingdoms of Amalur. I received $24 for trading in KOA as soon as that month's coupons were revealed on CAG. By the time the coupons were released, the TIV had tanked at Best Buy. Same thing with Twisted Metal, where the TIV was higher than the price you were able to buy it for.

I highly advise anyone thinking of doing this to do it today.

Edit: Let me clarify since I was read your post mistakenly. I traded in my own copy of The Witcher 2 first, then bought a new one. I've never traded in a game that I just bought from Best Buy within a couple of days as that would indeed raise some flags.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bmvc1']So I can buy this for $10, then trade it in for $24?[/QUOTE]
You could. But you'd be risking the banhammer from BB trade-ins for a $12($13.20 w/ GCU) profit. Not worth it unless you were to somehow go whole hog and were able to trade 3 into each local BB you have.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You could. But you'd be risking the banhammer from BB trade-ins for a $12($13.20 w/ GCU) profit. Not worth it unless you were to somehow go whole hog and were able to trade 3 into each local BB you have.[/QUOTE]

And if he's being serious then the banhammer needs to he brought upon him here. That is scum at its finest.

Let people enjoy the game, go get a job if you need $12 that bad.

[quote name='Romeo']And if he's being serious then the banhammer needs to he brought upon him here. That is scum at its finest.

Let people enjoy the game, go get a job if you need $12 that bad.[/QUOTE]

Grow up. I'm buying the game at the price THEY are selling it and trading it at the price THEY are offering. How is that a problem.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Grow up. I'm buying the game at the price THEY are selling it and trading it at the price THEY are offering. How is that a problem.[/QUOTE]

Because youre taking advantage of a generous sale, and your actions will discourage them from having decent TIV in the future. All it takes is a few people like you to ruin BB's great TIV program

[quote name='Bmvc1']Grow up. I'm buying the game at the price THEY are selling it and trading it at the price THEY are offering. How is that a problem.[/QUOTE]

Because they're not offering it at that price for you to make a profit off of. If you can't see the problem here, then you're pretty damn ignorant.

People have been banned for doing this. Go check the Bestbuy trade in thread. I was scared to trade in a few of the same games I traded in two weeks ago. Their bans are sort of random it seems where some people get away with tons of shit and some people get banned for small things.

People have been said to be banned from trading for doing exactly this. And I think bestbuy uses an outside company to handle trades, why when you buy used games they are shrink wrapped and you cant return them once opened. I dont think bestbuy is the one banning from trading.

Anyways the Fullerton, CA store has at least one in stock. It went OOS shortly, but I canceled my in store pick up with them. So its in stock again. Maybe put in an instore order there if you're in Socal.

That's exactly what happened to me in April. But since then their fiscal year must've ended, as I have been able to trade in again within the last month or two. However, I don't go apeshit doing 3x everything like I might've done before.:whistle2:#

So what If I bought it at $10, played it, beat it and weeks later traded it in for $24(assuming TIV is still that high) would I still be the bad guy? Are we to just turn down any trade in offer that is more than we originally paid?

[quote name='209chromatic']You can also trade it in to Amazon for 25 cents :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually, yesterday it was at $16.50.

I was at BB seeing if I could get a PM on MP3 or LC so I could snag them for $10 w/ the coupon but no go. They say it's either PM or the coupon, not both.

Thankfully, I locked in my trade yesterday before even buying it because it tanked today to a measly quarter.

[quote name='Bmvc1']So what If I bought it at $10, played it, beat it and weeks later traded it in for $24(assuming TIV is still that high) would I still be the bad guy? Are we to just turn down any trade in offer that is more than we originally paid?[/QUOTE]

No, but if they see your RZ account buying a game the same day youre trading it back in....then you deserve to be banned

If you want, just buy it without linking it to your RZ account

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back