$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably just keep it. I recently sold all of my games, so I want to restart the collection.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Grow up. I'm buying the game at the price THEY are selling it and trading it at the price THEY are offering. How is that a problem.[/QUOTE]

I think the poster told you his PROBLEM loud and clear. Go get a job! Notice how he didn't say it was illegal, he said it was a PROBLEM.

It's a problem because people want to purchase the game at this price to play it, not trade it in for 12 dollars.

If you are that strapped for cash shoot me a PM and I'll paypal you 12 dollars so that other fellow CAGers who want to actually play the game aren't screwed over. It's laughable that this is a source of income for some people. 12 dollars? for real? I make that in about 30 minutes at my day job. As the previous poster said, GET A JOB!

Thanks for bringing the Witcher deal to my attention, OP. I didn't expect that good-lookin' package to be in my hands so soon.

That does sound a little off, doesn't it...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No, but if they see your RZ account buying a game the same day youre trading it back in....then you deserve to be banned

If you want, just buy it without linking it to your RZ account[/QUOTE]
I've bought games new in the past(looking at you, State Of Emergency:bomb:) that I absolutely could NOT stand and went to try returning them or trading them in the same day I bought them. It happens. Of course, if it happens too much at BB, then you get the ban.:whistle2:#

Fellow NYC CAGers. Seems they are sold out in stores even though it's showing on hand. I just walked to 44th and 5th, they didn't have any on the shelf but the employee at the game counter said they should have 2 downstairs in inventory, he was gone for literally 2 seconds and said they don't have it. I call BS as I think he wanted to grab up the deal. Reason why I think this is because he asked me how the deal works... Really? A store employee is asking a customer how the deal works? Pathetic.

I called up another store and told them to hold it for me. I'll be grabbing my 10 dollar copy after work.

No luck finding at my local store - even though says available online store checker. Not sure if i want to drive out of my way later tonight to try another or not.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I think the poster told you his PROBLEM loud and clear. Go get a job! Notice how he didn't say it was illegal, he said it was a PROBLEM.

It's a problem because people want to purchase the game at this price to play it, not trade it in for 12 dollars.

If you are that strapped for cash shoot me a PM and I'll paypal you 12 dollars so that other fellow CAGers who want to actually play the game aren't screwed over. It's laughable that this is a source of income for some people. 12 dollars? for real? I make that in about 30 minutes at my day job. As the previous poster said, GET A JOB![/QUOTE]

Then save your 30 minutes posting and use that extra $12 and just buy a copy from Amazon.

[quote name='elessar123']Then save your 30 minutes posting and use that extra $12 and just buy a copy from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I like your attempt, kiddo. Try 30 seconds to post plus I'm on my lunch break :) I already have a copy waiting for me on my commute home so no need to order from amazon.

Had no idea Witcher 2 was 39.99, still showed 49.99 and was debating on it or ME3 for $20. With my RZ cert ended up bring $5, I'll get a used ME3 at GS for 18, score

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes, IF your store wants to be hard asses just rebuy it for $20 and use the old receipt with the new game and do a return.[/QUOTE]

BB staff did this without a problem. I used a RZ cert when I made my original purchase so they essentially did a return, re-buy for me giving me cash back. The lady said my $5 cert would be refunded though rewardzone.

Looking at the receipt looks like I should get double RZ points for this as well. Great deal good luck for everybody trying to find copies.

I assume this wont work, but would it be possible to have somebody else pick up Witcher 2 for me using my RZ info? My gf is going to BB to pick up another order for me anyway (I live about an hour from the closest BB) so if possible itd be great to have her get in on this deal too.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I assume this wont work, but would it be possible to have somebody else pick up Witcher 2 for me using my RZ info? My gf is going to BB to pick up another order for me anyway (I live about an hour from the closest BB) so if possible itd be great to have her get in on this deal too.[/QUOTE]

It should work no problems what so ever. BB isn't a gestapo, they won't deny her just because of that. They may make something up, but overall it shouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Any chance you remember the SKU for the t-shirt as slowdive21 was looking for that a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

No. It's not the cool white short with the black lion in the corner. It's just an XL black shirt with the game logo on it. Went to another store and picked up the game. The girl tried everything and talked to everyone to try and get it to combo out for free...no luck. I can't imagine ANYONE would pay $50 for this shirt.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I assume this wont work, but would it be possible to have somebody else pick up Witcher 2 for me using my RZ info? My gf is going to BB to pick up another order for me anyway (I live about an hour from the closest BB) so if possible itd be great to have her get in on this deal too.[/QUOTE]

Every time my parents buy anything at Best Buy they give them my RZ info, never had a problem.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Nice, I'll be picking up a witcher 2 copy and having my wife trade it in, not getting hit with the banhammer this time =\[/QUOTE]

Seems like a lot of trouble just to make $12. Seriously people, you're not going to be able to retire to a beach house on a few measly dollars.

Seems like a lot of trouble just to make $12. Seriously people, you're not going to be able to retire to a beach house on a few measly dollars.
How is it a lot of trouble? I find something I want for $25, wife trades in the game as I'm browsing for 5 minutes and we're done. Can't be much simpler than that.

[quote name='juggaman']Grabbed one at the BB in Cool Springs (Franklin, TN). There were 2 copies left for other CAG's in the area.[/QUOTE]

Funny, there were 3 left when I grabbed mine... ;) The Cool Springs store doesn't seem to get a lot of CAG traffic.

I'm tempted to drive over there just to make sure I get my copy of Kid Icarus. Which I'd have to do anyway... but it's been about three hours since I placed my order and I've still got no pickup email.

[quote name='shadowkast']No. It's not the cool white short with the black lion in the corner. It's just an XL black shirt with the game logo on it. Went to another store and picked up the game. The girl tried everything and talked to everyone to try and get it to combo out for free...no luck. I can't imagine ANYONE would pay $50 for this shirt.[/QUOTE]

Crap, it still doesn't combo out? Just like P2 won't package out with the poster AND the steelbook...It only works with one or the other.

[quote name='ooga']Seems like a lot of trouble just to make $12. Seriously people, you're not going to be able to retire to a beach house on a few measly dollars.[/QUOTE]This! You pay almost $22 for the game. You get back $25 on trade. So a $3 profit? Factor in time and gas to drive to the store....LOL

[quote name='perdition(troy']How is it a lot of trouble? I find something I want for $25, wife trades in the game as I'm browsing for 5 minutes and we're done. Can't be much simpler than that.[/QUOTE]

People try to make something out to be bad or "not worth it" on here all the time, usually it's because they're just too lazy to do it themselves and want to devalue it for everyone else.

Anyway, it's not $12, it's $14 if you're unlocked, and like you said it's not trouble at all. $14 is a free game. Well worth it.

[quote name='krashhole']This! You pay almost $22 for the game. You get back $25 on trade. So a $3 profit? Factor in time and gas to drive to the store....LOL[/QUOTE]

Game is $10, not $20.

[quote name='perdition(troy']its $10.50ish for the game. you guys make things a lot more complicated than needed for what amounts to adding a free blu-ray to my collection.[/QUOTE]oops. My bad. I was thinking of Prototype 2......I'll go kick myself now lol. Sorry.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It should work no problems what so ever. BB isn't a gestapo, they won't deny her just because of that. They may make something up, but overall it shouldn't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Just cause I don't think I made my earlier post clear (my own fault) what I'm really wondering is if she'll be able to pay for it but use my RZ info to make it $10. And if I do in-store pickup she would either have to wait the 2 hours or however long it is to return/rebuy or she wouldn't be able to use my RZ info right?

I'm thinking about picking up max payne 3 even at the 29.99 tag to try it out then send it back to amazon for $27...it's not a profit but I already got my profit from Witcher 2 and Prototype 2. I'll be happy to break even converting my BB credits to Amazon credit. No sales tax ftw

Factor in I have been beating my head up against the wall on getting my son a cell phone for his 14th Birthday. Too many damn phones......

[quote name='GamerDude316']Just cause I don't think I made my earlier post clear (my own fault) what I'm really wondering is if she'll be able to pay for it but use my RZ info to make it $10. And if I do in-store pickup she would either have to wait the 2 hours or however long it is to return/rebuy or she wouldn't be able to use my RZ info right?[/QUOTE]

My advice. Do NOT place an order online for store pickup because of the reasons you stated. Call the store, have them put a copy on hold for you. Tell them your girlfriend (insert name here) is picking it up for you. Have her get your RZ info/certificate/whatever and then buy it.

BB rarely checks info in terms of this stuff, you should have zero issues. Now if she were trading a game in something she wouldn't be able to because that requires an ID.

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm thinking about picking up max payne 3 even at the 29.99 tag to try it out then send it back to amazon for $27...it's not a profit but I already got my profit from Witcher 2 and Prototype 2. I'll be happy to break even converting my BB credits to Amazon credit. No sales tax ftw[/QUOTE]

Target has Max Payne 3 for $35 and you get a $10 gift card if you spend $1 to preorder a game. A lot of Targets still have the MP3/GTA IV bundle. So you can trade in GTA IV and get another $10 at Best Buy. Basically Max Payne 3 for $15

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm thinking about picking up max payne 3 even at the 29.99 tag to try it out then send it back to amazon for $27...it's not a profit but I already got my profit from Witcher 2 and Prototype 2. I'll be happy to break even converting my BB credits to Amazon credit. No sales tax ftw[/QUOTE]

Here is a better FTW: Buy an amazon giftcard from Best Buy....

Got Witcher 2 today. Claimed the offer on my phone last night, all the cashier needed was my rz card. She was surprised when she totaled it out. Got a decent backlog at the moment but for 10+tax I couldn't pass it up.

[quote name='perdition(troy']does the special edition of max payne come with the normal game case?[/QUOTE]Yes. And the DLC and code for the digital soundtrack are in the game case as well.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Here is a better FTW: Buy an amazon giftcard from Best Buy....[/QUOTE]

My BB is one of those ymmv where they say you "can't" purchase gift cards with BB credit. I've tried on numerous occasions at numerous stores.

I'll have to check out that Target deal, thanks.

[quote name='KryllFood']My BB is one of those ymmv where they say you "can't" purchase gift cards with BB credit. I've tried on numerous occasions at numerous stores.

I'll have to check out that Target deal, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I would call corporate then and there because that is not part of the policy and your stores are breaking the rules.

PSN, iTunes, and many other cards are considered gift cards along with the Amazon Kindle cards. If that was a rule no one could buy any of those with BB credit, and we know that is 100% untrue.

[quote name='nonsomniac']If I did "ship to store" for Witcher 2, would I still be able to use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to do this too, as my store is out of stock.

I believe it'll charge $40, and you'll have to return and rebuy.

My gf I guess wanted The Witcher 2 really bad. She rarely plays rpgs so I had to make a whole new reward zone account for her to get it. But at the store it wouldn't work, claimed it online. Showed them the deal on the bestbuy app. I think they just didn't know the process since the cashier said it didn't work yesterday too with the same deal. The manager just changed it to $9.99 manually so wasn't a big deal, just wasted like 15 minutes trying to figure it out. He actually made me print out the coupon. I tried to explain to him that the barcode is just my reward zone account. Instead he makes me go behind the counter to type in my login info. Ughh.

I actually bought my copy of Witcher 2 from 44th and 5th around 9:30 this morning. Took awhile of scouring their shelves but I found one copy behind some other game.

-joey

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Fellow NYC CAGers. Seems they are sold out in stores even though it's showing on hand. I just walked to 44th and 5th, they didn't have any on the shelf but the employee at the game counter said they should have 2 downstairs in inventory, he was gone for literally 2 seconds and said they don't have it. I call BS as I think he wanted to grab up the deal. Reason why I think this is because he asked me how the deal works... Really? A store employee is asking a customer how the deal works? Pathetic.

I called up another store and told them to hold it for me. I'll be grabbing my 10 dollar copy after work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snood']I actually bought my copy of Witcher 2 from 44th and 5th around 9:30 this morning. Took awhile of scouring their shelves but I found one copy behind some other game.

-joey[/QUOTE]

Somebody's gonna be pissed. :cool:

[quote name='snood']I actually bought my copy of Witcher 2 from 44th and 5th around 9:30 this morning. Took awhile of scouring their shelves but I found one copy behind some other game.

-joey[/QUOTE]

I tried this at my BBY but no luck. The computer showed 1 in stock but it's nowhere to be found.

Here's a nice story for everyone about me trying to get Witcher 2.

So i'm at home and "claim offer" from the Reward Zone site to print out, problem was I was unable to print it (home printer probs). Seeing that it's no big deal I go to the store and they insisted I needed the printout. The guy working in games said "no problem, i'll print it out for you here" and makes me a copy, goes to ring it up, and it won't work because it claims it's a duplicate. Then he says I need to be re-issued a new Reward Zone certificate because when I went to claim the offer it needed to be printed right away. So he calls "Rewards Zone Center". And the drama begins.

He calls, states the problem, and after some talking puts ME on the phone with them. The woman on the line asked me basic info, and then started a long winded speech accusing me of "trying to take advantage of their system" by making myself multiple printouts. I tell her that I haven't even used any let alone the first and if there's any way this can be fixed. " I'm not issuing you another one. So NO!". I was sort of shocked and handed the phone back to the guy who tried his best, then hung up wide eyes and going "whooooo. wow".

He told me to call back later when the manager was in and try it with him later. I'm not even going to bother. That was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back