12/10-12/24: PSVR GT Bundle $200 Skyrim Bundle $350 Doom Bundle $300

lester47s

CAGiversary!
https://uploadvr.com/psvr-gran-turismo-sport-drops-200-next-week/

Not sure if this is legit, but if true...this is a great deal if you have been waiting on great price for the PSVR. The downside to this is that it has the old model headset, which is probably the reason why of the price cut. I will be waiting for a bundle with this price tag with the newer model headset. Hopefully a price drop for the Skyrim Bundle to $300 would be nice.

Update: It's true https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/holiday-deals/?smcid=pssocial:blog:hardware:tis_the_season_to_play_new_december_deals_for_ps4_pro_and_playstation_vr_systems:12_6_17/

Last edited by a moderator:
Target has the skyrim bundle in-store for $299 if youre the first one to buy it there

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/84PFY
It's real people!

[attachment=28968:20171210_203438.jpg]

[attachment=28969:20171210_220328.jpg]

It is truly a pricing error on Target's part. It was scanned as $350 on their register, but they went ahead and honored it for me for $300 because it was as advertised on sale at that price. The manager said that they will try to get this error fixed ASAP, so if anybody wants this $300 deal for Skyrim Bundle, I just suggest you do it quickly before they change the price tag to it's original price. I tried getting the 5% off with Redcard, but I didn't got approved right away, so I missed out on that, but I will be selling the Skyrim VR game for $50+ to cut the costs and get a different game instead. Thanks OP!

Dang it, I can’t make up my mind. $200 is the sweet spot and I’ve got $30 GC to Amazon and $175 in rewards at Bestbuy. I have the Pro, a great HDR tv plus RE7 and scooped up the free VR games in PS+ but I really don’t want to use all my credit at Bestbuy. The Doom and Skyrim bundles are still to high for me to get over the mental hump. I doubt though that I would leave the rats nest of cables hooked up between use though either way.
Also, I’ve got an external HD using one of my USB ports, doesn’t PSVR need two of them too?

Dang it, I can’t make up my mind. $200 is the sweet spot and I’ve got $30 GC to Amazon and $175 in rewards at Bestbuy. I have the Pro, a great HDR tv plus RE7 and scooped up the free VR games in PS+ but I really don’t want to use all my credit at Bestbuy. The Doom and Skyrim bundles are still to high for me to get over the mental hump. I doubt though that I would leave the rats nest of cables hooked up between use though either way.
Also, I’ve got an external HD using one of my USB ports, doesn’t PSVR need two of them too?
PSVR Uses 1 USB Port.

Why don't you use the rear USB on the pro for your external HDD?

Why don't you use the rear USB on the pro for your external HDD?
I do, I wasn’t sure if it used both and didn’t want to move external to the front. I use that for charging controller when needed. I caved and bought the GT bundle btw. Here’s hoping I like it! Thanks for the USB details everyone.

If you have a HDR TV remember that the v1 will need to be disconnected or use a switch so you can play non VR games with HDR. Thats one of the features that everyone complained about on the V1.

Ah, just saw you said you would disconnect the PSVR between use anyway, honestly get a stand and all you have is 1 cord hooked up to the front, the one USB cable, everything else can be behind the PS4 or off to the side out of the way.

If you don't have the move controllers, thats another $80+ on top of the GT Sport bundle. (you want the move controllers, PSVR with a DS4... is ok, move/aim is best)

PSVR Uses 1 USB Port.
You don't even need the 3.0 USB port for PSVR.

I have a 4-port USB 2.0 hub for original PS4 $5 from BestBuy. I tried using PSVR using one of the 2.0 ports for GT Sport and it worked just fine (while using another port for CronusMax with G25)

As I expected the gran Turismo sports bundle went out of stock pretty quick at Amazon.
I found one at a local target even though web site none of stores within 100mile has it in stock.

BestBuy has it for $199 this afternoon but somehow went back to $249 now.

Walmart also still has it in stock.

All of these stores has 5% credit card cashback this quarter depends on which one you have.

I found one at a local target even though web site none of stores within 100mile has it in stock.
BestBuy has it for $199 this afternoon but somehow went back to $249 now.
Walmart also still has it in stock.
All of these stores has 5% credit card cashback this quarter depends on which one you have.
It's supposed to last until December 24th, but at this rate I don't think the GT sports bundle will be available for most of the stores, the price is too good.

It's supposed to last until December 24th, but at this rate I don't think the GT sports bundle will be available for most of the stores, the price is too good.
I think the sale of GT bundle during BF was disappointing (not that a deal when you could buy each components separately for about the same $299) and bad reviews prompting Sony to do a big discount to clear it out fast.

I think the sale of GT bundle during BF was disappointing (not that a deal when you could buy each components separately for about the same $299) and bad reviews prompting Sony to do a big discount to clear it out fast.
The ratings reviews in Amazon went from 2.5 stars to nearly 3.2 in a couple of hours after the sale started. BF buyers said that if the bundle were $199, they'll put it a higher rating

Yeah, for $299 was a ripoff but for $199 it went unavailable in a little bit more than a day at Amazon.

I agree,I saw the golden age and coincidental nexus of true home consoles with my own growth(born in the year of NES), and while the technology obviously grew exponentially since, the most important heart of game creativity is less.....hmm,well. vital, nowadays

The PSVR headset itself does not do either 4K or HDR, but version 2 does have a built in HDMI pass through to allow HDR signal from the PS4 to the TV for regular (non-VR) games.

Version 1 does not pass through the HDR signal, so if you leave your PSVR version 1 hooked up in the middle, you can't get HDR on your regular games unless you manually unplug and reattach every time you want to play regular games, or unless you buy a separate HDMI splitter.
if i had a hdmi splitter which i think i do how would it be hooked up

Eh worst you can do is end up not liking it and end up selling the psvr on Craigslist to break even or even end up profiting

It's real people!
20171210_203438.jpg
20171210_220328.jpg
It is truly a pricing error on Target's part. It was scanned as $350 on their register, but they went ahead and honored it for me for $300 because it was as advertised on sale at that price. The manager said that they will try to get this error fixed ASAP, so if anybody wants this $300 deal for Skyrim Bundle, I just suggest you do it quickly before they change the price tag to it's original price. I tried getting the 5% off with Redcard, but I didn't got approved right away, so I missed out on that, but I will be selling the Skyrim VR game for $50+ to cut the costs and get a different game instead. Thanks OP!
Got this reimbursed with the Redcard to get 5% off + used the 10% coupon that Target sent me through the mail as an apology for the delayed approval of the Redcard. Total just came out to $273

bread's done
Back