12 Month Gold card expired?

Xploited

CAG Veteran
Today I purchased an Xbox Live premium pack for the 12 month subscription (came with headset, ms points, xbla game) and noticed the card said expired 2007. So I took it back to FYE where I purchased it and they're refusing to allow me to exchange or get a refund, as it's an open product and they have no way of verifying if that's legit. I called MS and they also refuse to help. What can be done?

Expired codes still work.

And if it didn't, I *think* you can call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they can get you a working code.

[quote name='Rig']Expired codes still work.

And if it didn't, I *think* you can call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they can get you a working code.[/QUOTE]

He tried calling them and they refused to help. Expired codes will work, though.

If it doesn't work, contact Major Nelson and see what he can do for you. If that fails, try your local consumer affairs media person (most major TV/papers have someone who covers stories about people being screwed by businesses) or consumerist.com.

I should have done that MSU. My first 12 month code bundle ($70) I purchased was expired and had the same problem and MS Support in India on 3 different occasions basically said I was SOL back on the original Xbox. This experience soured me and led me to never get on XBL until 2.5 years into the 360's life. So, MS lost my business for several years for screwing me.

bread's done
Back