120gb Xbox Hard Drive $121.99 from Buy.com (Red LE Wireless Controller on Sale Too)

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So that's almost a dollar a gigabyte (finally).

http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-12...e-for-xbox-360-120gb/q/loc/108/204356451.html

That's the best deal I've seen that's not from a shady ebay seller or Circuit City when they were clearing them out last year.

Should I bite?:whistle2:k
And this does come with the transfer kit right?

EDIT: I bit.

Also like to add that the Red Wireless Controller and Charge Kit are on sale for $41.99. I own one and it's a nice color along with the black accents. http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-li...ncludes-red-wireless/q/loc/108/208455011.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats a great deal. Thanks
1x1t.gif

That's a good deal on a new HDD. A refurb from GS is still cheaper at $99.99 (if you feel comfortable buying a refurb). I scooped one up from GS for $80 with the EDGE discount and 10% off coupon last week. :D

I think I am going to go for it. I've spent the last several weeks freeing up room on my 20gb hdd and I still have only 2gb of available hard drive space. According to buy.com's product demo (can be found directly under the product image), this includes the data transfer cable. Thank you OP!!

Ordered! And I went ahead and signed up for the Buy.com VISA for an extra $30. God have mercy on my soul.

Thanks for the tip!

No problem. I'm gonna pick one up too since someone felt the need to put this on the front page. ;-)

I'll sell my 20gig for $25 to a coworker and the transfer cable over Ebay or something. That will knock it below $100 which is all I ever wanted.

[quote name='mrmoodz']I think I am going to go for it. I've spent the last several weeks freeing up room on my 20gb hdd and I still have only 2gb of available hard drive space. According to buy.com's product demo (can be found directly under the product image), this includes the data transfer cable. Thank you OP!![/quote]

Man, what I'd give for 2GB of space, I'm down to mere MB right now. I managed to squeeze the RE5 demo and after that the HAWX demo onto my HDD, but the Halo Wars demo was out of the question.

I'm torn between this and the 60GB HDD starter pack with the headset & 3 month Live card for $100...

[quote name='Tengaport']Man, what I'd give for 2GB of space, I'm down to mere MB right now. I managed to squeeze the RE5 demo and after that the HAWX demo onto my HDD, but the Halo Wars demo was out of the question.

I'm torn between this and the 60GB HDD starter pack with the headset & 3 month Live card for $100...
[/quote]

Or $90... http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-60gb-starter-pack/q/loc/108/209761135.html

I personally have too much Gold Live from those deals a month back (I still have a 13 month that I can't use because I'll go over the 3 year limit) and I own two mics already so the big momma drive is a better buy for me.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If it only wasn't buy.com...

Thanks anyway OP.[/quote]

They may ship new release games a bit slow and late, but they're still in my top 10 of online retailers. Simply stay away from them if you're looking to preorder a game and have it ASAP.

I would almost say they could win a "most improved online retailer" award if it was a category in the Cheapy Awards (not a bad idea, if I say so myself, it's helpful to know who doesn't suck as much as before).

Very tempting. I think I'm going to try and hold out a little longer until someone has it for under $100.

I'm someone who never would have bought a bigger drive as I don't download movies or TV shows and only download a few demos. However, the NXE update corresponded very nicely with the $80 clearance at my local Target, and I took the plunge. I am SO glad I did. The noise reduction has been great, it has given new life to my limping DVD drive which had been periodically crashing the system with DREs, and has helped a lot with the load times on some games.

Additionally, as a CAG who buys a lot of scruffy used games, it has been a great tool for weeding out those games that have scracthes that don't affect the initial boot of the game but makes later levels unplayable. If it won't install completely, I can return it immediately instead of making it to hour 10 a few months later and finding there is a bad spot on the disk.

I've been eyeing the 120gb hdd ever since the nxe as well. I really can't wait to install games on the hdd... mainly Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, and any other long-load-time games.

THANK YOU!!! I've been looking for a deal, and I finally bit on this. Between the music game DLC and well, that's about it on my HDD as I had to delete practically everything else (too many rock band songs, lol) I'm outta room.

Now I'll have room for GTA DLC finally!

[quote name='mrmoodz']I've been eyeing the 120gb hdd ever since the nxe as well. I really can't wait to install games on the hdd... mainly Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, and any other long-load-time games.[/quote]

I'm thinking of jumping on this as well. Right now I'm just installing one game at a time, which while it works is kind of irksome. I'd rather not have to worry about space.

Considering that I bought a 350GB for my PS3 for $70.00 and a 500GB external for my PC for about the same price. $121.00 is still too ridiculous a price to pay. Get back to me when it's half that price.

Cheapest it's been, but 120 gigs for that price is still too ridiculous for me. Nothing against the deal, just Microsoft's price extortion policies.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Or $90... http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-60gb-starter-pack/q/loc/108/209761135.html

I personally have too much Gold Live from those deals a month back (I still have a 13 month that I can't use because I'll go over the 3 year limit) and I own two mics already so the big momma drive is a better buy for me.[/quote]

thanks for that... So tempting. I had my finger on the trigger but just couldn't pull it. ughh....

[quote name='Tengaport']Man, what I'd give for 2GB of space, I'm down to mere MB right now. I managed to squeeze the RE5 demo and after that the HAWX demo onto my HDD, but the Halo Wars demo was out of the question.

I'm torn between this and the 60GB HDD starter pack with the headset & 3 month Live card for $100...[/quote]

Go for the 120...you can transfer you game saves off your 20gb with almost no effort and then you can sell the transfer cable and software CD on Ebay (after all its not like you're going to need it again) for at least $30.

Thanks OP for also pointing out the Red controller...I was looking at this just two days ago debating about to buy it or not.

I'm probably going to hold off on this until it's less than $100. It's definitely tempting though, since I'm almost out of space on my 60 GB.

Wow... I should've waited another few days. I bought this off buy.com for the full price ($149.99) and just got my order in yesterday. Can I do anything about that? Return it and order it again? Lol... shit x.x

hoping for a $79.99 120 GB HDD someday... I might as well pick up a elite jasper $300 when I see it also.

Red controller is a really sweet deal..

just ordered, got it it for 119.98 with two day shipping(2.99) i got 5 dollars off by being a new customer using a promo code i found on dealigg, you have to have atleast a 100 dollar purchase but the hardrive covers it...i really needed a bigger hdd, i didnt really even want to pay this much for one but i cant hold out any longer, thank god walmart was sold out last night, they had one left for 134.96 and i was going to pick it up, guess it worked out in the end

[quote name='FurryCurry']Or $90... http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-60gb-starter-pack/q/loc/108/209761135.html

I personally have too much Gold Live from those deals a month back (I still have a 13 month that I can't use because I'll go over the 3 year limit) and I own two mics already so the big momma drive is a better buy for me.[/quote]

I believe I read that this does not come with the transfer cable, which seems really silly. You might want to double check.

Is it possible to put a laptop harddrive in the xbox360 HD housing?

I just bought a 500GB drive for my laptop through newegg and it was only $110.

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']Can you have 2 hard drives going at once? or does that screw shit up? i.e., one 20GB and one 120GB -- obviously with different games on each?[/quote]

Yes, but you have to put your GamerTag onto a memory unit to transfer between the 2 HDDs. I don't believe you can have the same GT on 2 HDDs simultaneously

[quote name='padlok']Is it possible to put a laptop harddrive in the xbox360 HD housing?

I just bought a 500GB drive for my laptop through newegg and it was only $110.[/quote]

Yes it is possible, but it's a huge PITA.

The 360 will only read 120GBs of the data, thus making the extra space a moot point.

Plus you'd have to do other unmentionable things to make it work with the 360.

Like it or not, folks, this is one of the better deals you are going to find on this drive, at least new, sealed, and with the transfer cable. Comparing this to other drives will simply made you mad, so don't bother doing it. It's proprietary, unfortunately.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']As far as I know all the standalone 120GB HDD's come with the transfer kit.[/quote]

They do - I got mine when a local Play-N-Trade was having a going-out-of-business sale, and I got the transfer kit with it.

However, I think you can actually get them for free, or at least for fairly cheap, directly from Microsoft. I think I saw something about it on Xbox.com.

yea it's overpriced but I'm sick of deleting stuff all the times and not being able to install games. Plus i'm paying for FFXI every month but I had to delete FFXI off the drive back in november cause I needed the space so now i can actually play that again. beside I was going to buy this when I was in Deleware (No Sales Tax) on sunday so i'm glad this popped up. like it or not this is the cheapest your going to get new, and while I buy almost all my software used i don't like buying any hardware used.

this is still a rediculous price for an add on and I will not support MS for doing this by buying it. If you buy it, your just encouraging this practice.

[quote name='Imallvol7']this is still a rediculous price for an add on and I will not support MS for doing this by buying it. If you buy it, your just encouraging this practice.[/quote]

It's been three years. Do you think that Microsoft gives a shit? They ain't budging.

If you need this, buy it.

[quote name='FurryCurry']It's been three years. Do you think that Microsoft gives a shit? They ain't budging.

If you need this, buy it.[/quote]

Seriously. If you need the space, you're only hurting yourself by not buying it at this price. MS could care less if we "boycott" it. I'm sure enough people bought it at this point that a few less isn't going to set off panic alarms in Redmond.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Seriously. If you need the space, you're only hurting yourself by not buying it at this price. MS could care less if we "boycott" it. I'm sure enough people bought it at this point that a few less isn't going to set off panic alarms in Redmond.[/quote]

You guys are right. If this was going to go down in price, it would have. I'm tired enough of fiddling with saves, etc that I'm just going to bite the bullet on this. Looks like someone's eating Ramen for a couple of weeks.

It's a ripoff, and yeah that pisses me off, and yeah I won't forget it Microsoft, but I'm in for one anyway. I'm already having trouble juggling installs, and with Lost and the Damned on the way, that problem is about to get a lot worse.

Damn this proprietary shit, and damn the data transfer cable times 100. fuck Micro$oft for not throwing that in with the 60gig HD. Instead they put a stupid ass headset in there, when everyone already has one. Hey Micro$oft, what we really needed was the fucking transfer cable. That cable and the fact that they left it out of the 60 gig package pisses me off to no end. Oh well, hopefully I'll be into the 120gig HD for about $90 after I sell off the cable and the old HD.

bread's done
Back