$14.88 WalMart game blowout.

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just a quick heads up.

Word came down today that the WM home office will drop a lot of videogame price changes on 9/1/05 to $14.88 for a "Videogame Blowout".

Seeing how these are price changes being sent out by the home office this shouldnt be YMMV.

If I can get a list together I will.This may be big it may be not much at all but you at least have a heads up.

List from MY store.These prices will be in effectn at ALL stores.WM price changes are sent to stores based on what is in their inventory.

So once again this is just ONE store,but the price changes are nationwide.Your store could have more at this price.

GBA-Pac Man Collection
GCN-Baten Kaitos
XBX-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
PS2-Spiderman
XBX-Cabelas Deer Hunt
XBX-Cabelas Dangerous Hunts
XBX-Shrek 2
XBX-Morrowind
GBA-Astroboy
PS2-Astroboy
PS2-Sega Superstars
XBX-Silent Hill 4
PS2-Yugioh Duel
PS2-Megaman X
PS2-VJ2
GCN-VJ2
PS2-MM Anniversary Collection
XBX-MM Anniversary Collection
GCN-MM Anniversary Collection
XBX-SNK vs Capcom
PS2-Parrapa 2
PS2-Wild Arms 3
PS2-Athens 2004
PS2-World Tour Soccer
XBX-Mechassault 2 LE
XBX-Brute Force
PS2-Star Trek Voyager
PS2-Front Mission 4

PS2-Cold Fear
PS2-XBX LOTR TT
XBX-PS2 Def Jam Vendetta
PS2-Arcade Treasures 2
XBX-NBA Ballers
GBA-Banjo Pilot
PS2-Constantine
GBA-GT Advance 3

XBX,PS2,GCN-007 Nightfire,MOH Frontline,Bond:AUF,007:Nightfire,NBA Street

Once again,I said these are NATIONWIDE based on one store.Your store could have more.

Also make sure you get a price check,dont trust the shelf label.;)

[quote name='DX']Did NO ONE read my opening post?

Price changes dropping on 9/01/05!So the ones of you who have these bins means there will be MORE added.

It may be a great sale it may be a dud.EIther way its a jump on a potential deal.

Personally Ill be watching Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for XBOX for a potential drop.;)[/QUOTE]
Wait? So you mean we actually have to STFU until September to start criticizing your post?!? :razz: j/k, I hear ya, but everyone wants to get their 2 cents in before it might really happen that there's a good blowout. Oh well, here's hoping. :pray:

[quote name='jjz203']Wait? So you mean we actually have to STFU until September to start criticizing your post?!? :razz: j/k, I hear ya, but everyone wants to get their 2 cents in before it might really happen that there's a good blowout. Oh well, here's hoping. :pray:[/QUOTE]

No, you just have to STFU for 12 more hours. :razz:

yah i started the sw xbox controllers for 10 bucks at walmart thread :p

[quote name='Scorch']Mine already had a bin out.. the one by my college, anyway. It was loaded with GH/PH/PC titles, the only exclusions to that I saw were Breakdown and Mario Sunshine.. I remember Backyard Wrestling 2 as well.. The Star Wars controllers that were rumored to be $10 were in there as well.. for $29.99 or so.[/QUOTE]

So I guess it's safe to assume that all the games in the bin will be dropped to $14.88.

KOTOR seems decent at $14.88, but I'd rather wait until it drops to $10.

Reality's Fringe said:
If they mark the copies of Non-GH Vagrant Story I will be sure to stop by.

Jesus, you have a Wal*Mart still selling copies of that? How much are they going for reg. price?

[quote name='PKRipp3r']crossing fingers

but man do WalMart's around me have sucky prices on games.[/QUOTE]

They sell more games at Wal-Mart than they do at any other retailer.

[quote name='rebenns']They sell more games at Wal-Mart than they do at any other retailer.[/QUOTE]

:lol: x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

biggest laugh I've had all month

:lol:

[quote name='PKRipp3r']:lol: x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

:lol:[/QUOTE]

The truth is supposed to hurt, not be funny.

[quote name='dfg']Jesus, you have a Wal*Mart still selling copies of that? How much are they going for reg. price?[/QUOTE]

40 bucks. So if it goes to 14.88, it'd be quite the deal.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The truth is supposed to hurt, not be funny.[/QUOTE]

hence my extreme amusement

Wank-Mart has not only one of the crappiest, most out-of-date selections of games available - they are ALL severely overpriced.

there are, on a regular basis, GH titles being sold at full price.

in short, the WM game 'section' has zero redeeming qualities and no self-respecting gamer (with another option within 50 miles) would be caught dead shopping there.

*hands you a bottle of Bactene and some cotton swabs*

Reality's Fringe]40 bucks. So if it goes to 14.88 said:
That's almost as bad as the Montgomery AL Walmart on Eastern Blvd having new copies of Suikoden II for 50 bucks up until 2 years ago (they had them in the case since release, I always wanted to buy them up but passed. I couldn't afford them on my meager wage at that time).

One of my local Walmarts has Fusion Frenzy at 49.99 still.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']hence my extreme amusement

Wank-Mart has not only one of the crappiest, most out-of-date selections of games available - they are ALL severely overpriced.

there are, on a regular basis, GH titles being sold at full price.

in short, the WM game 'section' has zero redeeming qualities and no self-respecting gamer (with another option within 50 miles) would be caught dead shopping there.

*hands you a bottle of Bactene and some cotton swabs*[/QUOTE]

Wavebirds @ $10, HD system selectors @ $15, PSP cases @ $2...deals abound. It's all in what people perceive as value. Wal-mart may indeed suck on prices and selection, but they must be doing something right.

[quote name='Grico']never seen anything good for 14.88 at walmart so far, so it would be nice if they started selling something good for that price, although frankly 14.88 seems pretty expensive for most game now a days compared to most cheapass deals[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have a game below $39.99 at my Walmart. A single copy of Monster Rancher 4 that has been there since like the beginning of time is still $49.96.

While I agree that WalMart blows a lot of the time, I did get Nintendogs there a day early. So, at times, their incompetence does good things ;)

daroga

[quote name='PKRipp3r']:lol: x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

:lol:[/QUOTE]

"“28 percent of total video gamers purchased games at Wal-Mart, up from
26 percent in 2001, edging out Best Buy as the retail outlet of choice
with only 16 percent of gamers, down from 19 percent in 2001.”'

"Wal-Mart is currently the No. 1 seller of new video games, with about
23 percent market share.

MSNBC: June 29, 2005
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8409492/"

Obviously when you add 'used' in the mix, that changes things, but then, it's hardly fair to compare those retailers to WM since Wm doesnt' sell used.

And of course, WM does have the highest prices, overall.
"Wal-Mart's prices were the highest, coming in 9 percent higher -- nearly $100 for a basket of 30 games -- than Amazon.com and 6 percent higher than Best Buy"

People pay for convenience. A large chunk of those games are probably Grandma or Pop buying Madden for Junior [or for himself], while doing the grocery shopping or hitting the sporting goods aisle.

Of course, that also means WM has incredible power:
"Wal-Mart said Wednesday it is pulling copies of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" off store shelves after the video game industry's ratings board changed the rating on the game to "Adults Only".

The ratings change will force Take Two Interactive to halt manufacturing on the game and cut its earnings forecast by nearly $50 million. "
http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/20/technology/personaltech/gta/

My Wal Mart has some crappy 989 Sports PS2 launch basketball game for $49.99....

My Wal-Mart is selling Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (N64) for $49.99, ew.

BTW, I shop at Wal-Mart for video games all the time.

[quote name='Banana']My Wal-Mart is selling Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (N64) for $49.99, ew.

BTW, I shop at Wal-Mart for video games all the time.[/QUOTE]

I can 1-up that.

My Wal-Mart had 2 copies of Rise of the Robots for SNES, priced at $69.99, right up until the PS2 launch. :lol:

[quote name='dtcarson']"“28 percent of total video gamers purchased games at Wal-Mart, up from
26 percent in 2001, edging out Best Buy as the retail outlet of choice
with only 16 percent of gamers, down from 19 percent in 2001.”'

"Wal-Mart is currently the No. 1 seller of new video games, with about
23 percent market share.

MSNBC: June 29, 2005
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8409492/"

Obviously when you add 'used' in the mix, that changes things, but then, it's hardly fair to compare those retailers to WM since Wm doesnt' sell used.

And of course, WM does have the highest prices, overall.
"Wal-Mart's prices were the highest, coming in 9 percent higher -- nearly $100 for a basket of 30 games -- than Amazon.com and 6 percent higher than Best Buy"

People pay for convenience. A large chunk of those games are probably Grandma or Pop buying Madden for Junior [or for himself], while doing the grocery shopping or hitting the sporting goods aisle.

Of course, that also means WM has incredible power:
"Wal-Mart said Wednesday it is pulling copies of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" off store shelves after the video game industry's ratings board changed the rating on the game to "Adults Only".

The ratings change will force Take Two Interactive to halt manufacturing on the game and cut its earnings forecast by nearly $50 million. "
http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/20/technology/personaltech/gta/[/QUOTE]

so, you just completely forgot what we were talking about??

or you got tired of that and decided to move on to a new topic...?

My wife went to Walmart just awhile ago and saw the newest Greatest Hits in the bin along with the older ones at our local store.

Walmart's "blowout" wasn't at my Walmart. I fucking hate that store though... once I finish my list of games to get, I'm actually never going there again. Ever.

at walmart.com have more than usual amount of ps2 and xbox games for 14.82 might be worth checking out.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']so, you just completely forgot what we were talking about??

or you got tired of that and decided to move on to a new topic...?[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought I'd add something other than "Nothing at my store!"

Someone said "WM is the biggest seller of video games", and someone else made a sarcastic reply. I wanted the truth somewhere in there.

I think the only games I've bought at a WM have been BG&E and Shadow Hearts: Covenant, both in a discount bin with a bunch of other crap [the other stuff was crap, like Fantavision for 29.99, the two I bought weren't.]
I do see where they marked their regular prices down to 19.82 or 39.82 for most games, so they can now say they are the 'cheapest' [regular] priced seller of new games.
But the two WM's I go to never have any good pricedrop deals, except for the aforementioned BG&E and SH:C [and I got the last copy of each].

Updated with ONE STORES list.

Check your store for more.Get price checks because when it comes to pricing most WM's are worse than Circuit City.

Well, the Baiten Kaitos would certainly be worth it at 14 bucks. I've played through most of it, and it's actually a pretty good game. Any chance there's more to the list?

By the way OP, thanks for the info.

[quote name='Skylander7']Well, the Baiten Kaitos would certainly be worth it at 14 bucks. I've played through most of it, and it's actually a pretty good game. Any chance there's more to the list?

By the way OP, thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Varies by store.Price changes are sent down based on a stores inventory.

I can only get a list from the store I work at,but the price change is chain wide.If I dont have a certain game instock that supposed to be marked down I dont even see the markdown in my system.

[quote name='usickenme']This isn't quite a blowout...more like a fart in a bathtub[/QUOTE]

If you even bothered to read my original post you would have seen that I clearly stated it could be great or could be garbage.

Now take yourself back to Modojo.

[quote name='DX']If you even bothered to read my original post you would have seen that I clearly stated it could be great or could be garbage.

Now take yourself back to Modojo.[/QUOTE]

yeah this is why you hyped it to hell and back.

A BLOWOUT!!! OFMG!!!

The rule here is if your deal is shit, you get made fun of...mmmkay?

[quote name='usickenme']The rule here is if your deal is shit, you get made fun of...mmmkay?[/QUOTE]

This deal has been compared to a fart. Nobody anywhere called it shit. :D

[quote name='usickenme']This isn't quite a blowout...more like a fart in a bathtub[/QUOTE]

i'm gonna go ahead and concur wholeheartedly with that statement

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']your mom is more like a fart in a bathtub, dicklips

thx op, i'll check it out[/QUOTE]

I'll have to concur with this one. Next time there's a serious deal, I don't see why anyone should share it with us for fear of getting ripped by Mr. Flatulence.

[quote name='usickenme']yeah this is why you hyped it to hell and back.

A BLOWOUT!!! OFMG!!!

The rule here is if your deal is shit, you get made fun of...mmmkay?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DX']Just a quick heads up.

Word came down today that the WM home office will drop a lot of videogame price changes on 9/1/05 to $14.88 for a "Videogame Blowout".

Seeing how these are price changes being sent out by the home office this shouldnt be YMMV.

If I can get a list together I will.This may be big it may be not much at all but you at least have a heads up.[/quote]

Where did I hype it up?Please show me.

Your a jackass.

Breakdown for xbox was also 14.88 you could add it to your list, also saw Tom Clancy's Classing Trilogy for 19.82 (Contains Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six 3) I wish that jak II and RC Going Commando was cheaper.....

fairlakes, va..... NADA ...>ZIPPO< :( great i just wasted valable gas money ...4 bucks in my area...oui my head hurts.

Wow....I'm glad I read the end of this thread before venturing out to Walmart. I wanted Silent Hill for the Xbox but the more I think about it, its just not worth spending the gas money searching for it.

bread's done
Back