$ 14.99 or 2 for $20 hddvd @Hollywood Video

dmes65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
Hollywood Video is closing out there hd dvd's. You can get what they have left for $14.99 or 2 for $20. The original cases are not included. The clerk told me they got the memo today so this should be every hollywood video.

I've never seen HD-DVD or Blu-Rays at any Hollywood Video I've been to. Are they like Blockbusters, where most areas just don't have them?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I've never seen HD-DVD or Blu-Rays at any Hollywood Video I've been to. Are they like Blockbusters, where most areas just don't have them?

MjC[/quote]

I think it's just the bigger revenue stores that carry them.

If it wasn't for this snow storm I would be there now. don't they have the oringal case sitting on the shelf?

My local Hollywood Video carried both HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays, in fact the three closest to me all carry them...but to be truthful....I don't know excited I am to pay 2 for $20 and then have to turn around and buy new HD-DVD cases as they all come in DVD cases.

Thanks OP just got Blade Runner 5 disc set, The Kingdom, Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum, M.I. 3, and Terminator 3 for 60 bucks. Awesome!!

Just checked with my local Hollywood Video and they are going to start selling them tomorrow afternoon. They have about 75-100 different titles for rent including American Gangster, The Invasion both new. I asked if they had the original cases and the manager said he had them and would let me have them for any I wanted to buy. He wouldn't reserve them for me though. I plan on getting American Gangster, V For Vendette and a few more if they are available when I get there. To bad I just paid full price for Blade Runner last week.

Think I will wander in to a few stores after work tomorrow. Gotta use my free game rental coupon before the months up anyways.

I went in and picked up "the Invasion" and "American Gangster" for $14.99 total. I almost forgot that you can still use the b1g1 coupon that's in their little paper with these. :D

I picked up Blade Runner (5 Disc Set), Transformer (2 Disc Set), All 5 Harry Potters, Knocked up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Mission Impossible (the first one only), V for Vendetta, The Italian Job, Oceans 13, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, Constantine, and 300. Picked up each title for $8 a piece. so grand total of 136 before taxes.

Beowulf's already in, just can't sell it yet.

If your Hollywood hasn't started this yet, don't sweat - they have until Sunday at close to get all the titles clearanced out.

How are they $8 each? I thought they were $14.99 each.

[quote name='Scorch']Beowulf's already in, just can't sell it yet.

If your Hollywood hasn't started this yet, don't sweat - they have until Sunday at close to get all the titles clearanced out.

How are they $8 each? I thought they were $14.99 each.[/quote]

they're 8 each with the b1g1 coupon they got going too.

My local Hollywood is already in store-closing clearance mode... they sent all their HD-DVDs to corporate last week :(

On the upside, I picked up like-new copies of Turok (360) and God of War 2 for $14.99 ea, and 40 Criterion DVDs for $7.50 each :)

[quote name='TheKindred']where do i get thie coupon for the buy 1 get 1 please do tell !!!!
thanks in advance[/quote]

they have a little pamphlet up front in each store listing new releases, upcoming attractions etc... Inside there on one of the advertisement pages is a coupon for B1G1 free on any $14.99 movie or less.

Sweet. I picked up American Gangster, The Good Sheppard, and the last two Harry Potter films last night. They didn't have Blade Runner in, but I think that it was just rented. I'm going to check another one today to see if I can find it.

I've been watching sleevetown, and they had no idea if either HD cases would come in anytime soon. Anyone know anywhere else that sells good replacements.

[quote name='Scorch']Beowulf's already in, just can't sell it yet.

How are they $8 each? I thought they were $14.99 each.[/quote]

wait a min so does that mean on tuesday u can pick up beowulf for $15?

I was unable to grab Blade Runner because I think the Manager took it for himself. Anyone want to do a 1 to 1 trade? I could grab something you are looking for and you could grab Blade Runner. Let me know... PM me if you want to.

Wow, I wish I had known about the Coupon. Maybe I'll go back later today. I need to drive right by there on my way to pick up my new A30 at CC.
BTW, I mean no disrespect to anybody. But, I must say, I am amazed at how many people will not pay $10 for an HD-DVD (not even New Releases) simply because it doesn't come in an original HD-DVD case.

i got

the good shepard
shrek the third
i now pronounce you chuck and larry
the departed
the invasion
the brave one
zodiac 2 disc
stardust

i was surprised of the selection.............. too bad i didnt get American Ganagster

im suppose to have a friend stopping by on his lunch and picking up transformers,fast and furious,300,the bourne supremacy for me.

and i dont even have a hddvd player yet.

[quote name='lurknomore']I've been watching sleevetown, and they had no idea if either HD cases would come in anytime soon. Anyone know anywhere else that sells good replacements.[/QUOTE]

Check out this ebay seller. kjrox

Good deal on the cases, but too bad there's no HD-DVD logo on the front.

Update. Also check out seller Mediaxchange1. Ten cases for $11 and change. These have the logos on them

Didn't I make a post of the BOGO free coupon like a week ago? ANYWAY, if the cashier in my store is nice, I could get 4 for $20...I'm just 75% he won't let me.

bread's done
Back