$ 14.99 or 2 for $20 hddvd @Hollywood Video

dmes65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
Hollywood Video is closing out there hd dvd's. You can get what they have left for $14.99 or 2 for $20. The original cases are not included. The clerk told me they got the memo today so this should be every hollywood video.

[quote name='nonametofame']Check out this ebay seller. kjrox

Good deal on the cases, but too bad there's no HD-DVD logo on the front.

Update. Also check out seller Mediaxchange1. Ten cases for $11 and change. These have the logos on them[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch. I normally would have looked to Ebay, but it slipped my mind in this regard. Thanks.

Picked up The Invasion & Transformers for $16.25 total after tax.
Will pick up American Gangster when the last rental comes back, will be put on the side for me. glad i still work there alittle bit. will probably snag Beowulf w/ that on Tuesday.

My parents picked up Eastern Promises and Blade Runner for me today. I don't know how I'm going to get Blade Runner in an HD DVD case.

I went in today and the cashier let me use the 2 for @20 coupon and the b1g1 free coupon on top of each other. Came out with 16 blocks, miami vice, knocked up, black snake moan, bruce almighty, and zodiac for $30 :D

Scored the mother load at my local HV this evening. All the HD-DVDs were marked $14.99 and the clerk at the score hooked it up with buy one, get one free on all the discs. I went a little crazy and picked up 14 titles for a total of $113.05.

Here's what I got:
-Satrdust
-The Brave One (doesn't even come out until Tuesday)
-American Gangster
-Terminator 3
-Smokin Aces
-Mission: Impossible 1
-Hot Rod
-The Good Shepard
-Blood Diamond
-and all 5 Harry Potters

The clerk said he was pretty sure most of the discs had never even been rented before and that they would be getting Tuesdays releases too, so I plan to go back and pick up Beowulf and maybe one more title if I can get the B1G1 deal again.

Now I just gotta snag some replacement cases from eBay and I'll be all set.

Movie Gallery is doing this as well. I pulled all of ours today and put them out for sell. I just sat back Transformers and Beowulf for myself though.

No 2/$20 at the first hollywood i went to, i did pickup the Blade runner 5 disc @ $14.99. I will look for this coupon at the next site and possibly return this blade runner set as it's a bit scratched.

Picked up Shooter and The Departed(combo) for $16.xx after tax. Not bad.

I picked up a stack of 8 HD-DVDs but they only applied the B1G1 coupon to one of the pairs. Would Hollywood Video adjust the price if I went back and did a return/rebuy or something? I'm going to be heading back tomorrow anyway to pick up a few titles that they hadn't yet switched from "rental" to "for sale" in the system.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']I picked up a stack of 8 HD-DVDs but they only applied the B1G1 coupon to one of the pairs. Would Hollywood Video adjust the price if I went back and did a return/rebuy or something? I'm going to be heading back tomorrow anyway to pick up a few titles that they hadn't yet switched from "rental" to "for sale" in the system.[/QUOTE]

I bought 4 and only one came off also. So I tried to do a return/rebuy and got rejected tonight.

I picked up Transformers and found that they had cut the end of the sleeve off. So I tried to return it and the girl said that there are no returns on previously viewed items. I'm going to try another location tomorrow. I was a bit surprised that I couldn't just do an exchange.

On top of that, there was no 2/$20 which would be no big deal if I could use the BOGO on the second pair.

[quote name='bob330i']I bought 4 and only one came off also. So I tried to do a return/rebuy and got rejected tonight.

I picked up Transformers and found that they had cut the end of the sleeve off. So I tried to return it and the girl said that there are no returns on previously viewed items. I'm going to try another location tomorrow. I was a bit surprised that I couldn't just do an exchange.[/QUOTE]

Just say it skips...hence defective. They can't switch it out since, well, it was the only copy.

Well I ran out this afternoon and had my run of the lot since they hadn't really set up the 2 for 20 deal. Walked out with

American Gangster
The Brave One
Balls of Fury
The Reaping
The Invasion
The Fast and the Furious
Disturbia
Stardust
Zodiac
Hot Rod

Didn't have the original cases but had some left over from the free HD-DVD mail in offer debacle. Had to order some off of the eBayer posted a page or two back but want to make sure to get Beowulf next Tuesday, rather than importing the Blu-Ray version. Now to find a 2 disc HD-DVD case for my copy of Zodiac. Anyone have any luck finding the 2-disc version of the HD-DVD case????

I went back for more. This deal is just way too good.
Picked up Bourne Identity and 300 to go with my V and Potter 5. The lady from before was there and told me she saw the case for V after I left, so I got that too! All the other discs had th original artwork placed over a red sleeve, so I can just get other cases for those. I have yet to see much inside the new, store bought hd-dvd cases except for promo crap and a warning about updating, so I don't consider it a huge loss.

I'm thinking about trying for Batman Begins and Zodiac at another store (if they have Batman). I've heard it's great on HD-DVD... but I might just wait for it on BD since I'll have to get Dark Knight on BD. But I want Zodiac and need a second disc. MaybeBourne Supremacy will be there...

Where's a B1G1 coupon??

My local HV said they weren't starting this at that particular store until March. Are they pulling my chain?

There were two memos. One, sent out Thursday or Friday, said that the pull must be done by Sunday, February 24th. The other said that it starts on March 1st.

[quote name='Scorch']Where's a B1G1 coupon??

There were two memos. One, sent out Thursday or Friday, said that the pull must be done by Sunday, February 24th. The other said that it starts on March 1st.[/quote]The movie guide thing that's near the front has a small coupon near the back. It's great cause it says B1G1 MOVIE, not dvd, so there's no way to argue that it's ineligible. Although it is 1 per customer, so I say try making a couple trips with a few hours apart if you think that'll be a problem.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']The movie guide thing that's near the front has a small coupon near the back. It's great cause it says B1G1 MOVIE, not dvd, so there's no way to argue that it's ineligible. Although it is 1 per customer, so I say try making a couple trips with a few hours apart if you think that'll be a problem.[/quote]

It was actually near the back of the store in my location.

I bought 4 movies, and they applied the B1G! to the first two then 2@20 on the other two. SO I would suggest multiple trips if possible.

So far I've gotten:

Potter 4 & 5
American Gangster
The Good Shepherd
Blade Runner
Eastern Promises

I'm going to try and see if I can't get The Brave One and Pan's Labyrinth (assuming they have it). This sale it great.

sorry for askin the noobish question but i was wanderin if hollywood video ever carried heroes or battlestar galactica on hd? & if so do you think it would also apply to this sale

Just got in from my search and found only one store that ever had HD to begin with. I picked up Blade Runner, Transformers, Eastern Promises and Balls of Fury for $60. This store did noy allow any coupon use or honor the 2 for $20 deal. The cashier was cool and tried, but I guess management had locked the deals out for these discs.

picked up a scratched to hell copy of chuck and larry and stardust. i had to take the chuck and larry over to gamecrazy to get it buffed. couldn't find the b1g1 coupon at this location, but hopefully ill be able to find it at the others i plan on hitting up. i haven't been inside a hollywood video for years so thanks op for the heads up.

I got Black Snake Moan and Constantine with the B1G1 coupon. Both stores I went to did not have the 2 for $20 for HD-DVDs. I also picked up Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for $15. No original artwork or manual, but the disc looks brand new.

Hi,

I was able to use the B1G1 free deal at HV as well.

I picked up Blade Runner (5 disk set) and 300. I went to another HV and picked up Stardust and Lady in the Water and again used the B1G1 free deal. Note: Some of the HDs are combos which had the move in HD and regular format.

Rogue-7

Hey Everyone,

the B1G1 $14.99 or less for Previously Viewed coupon is a better deal than 2@$20 because you'll get TWO for $14.99+plus tax.

Look for this coupon in the movie booklet by the door.. it has a pic of WAR movie on it. Just cut it out and use it!

[quote name='cagfansub']Hey Everyone,

the B1G1 $14.99 or less for Previously Viewed coupon is a better deal than 2@$20 because you'll get TWO for $14.99+plus tax.

Look for this coupon in the movie booklet by the door.. it has a pic of WAR movie on it. Just cut it out and use it![/QUOTE]

And the "No Shit Sherlock Award goes to . . .

my local store will start clearance today at 3:30. details

1:Moterey park california
2:price 2 for $20

and thats all i know

Ok, my cashier was extremely nice: I got Zodiac and Flags for our Fathers and I was expecting to get them for $7.50 each...until I realized he put the two deals together therefore getting me to pay $10 for TWO, which is basically the same as buying 4 for $20 because I didn't not find any interesting titles at my store (there weren't many). I'll check out other stores tomorrow.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Just say it skips...hence defective. They can't switch it out since, well, it was the only copy.[/QUOTE]

Thought about that but unfortunately, they had another copy of Transformers. If I can't get it swapped out, then I might think about that route.

The only HV near me (Lafayette, IN) never carried HD DVD or Bluray. They said that they are on schedule to start carrying Blu late March.

Picked up Blade Runner Complete Set (Mint!), The Reaping, Batman Begins, Superman Returns, Balls of Fury, Invasion, Stardust, and Zodiac. I might go back just to use the B1G1 coupon! By the way, some sellers on Ebay carry the HD-DVD cases.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Any Ideas where I can pick up a 2 disc HD-DVD case. I need to get one for the copy of Zodiac I picked up.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I've been searching for 2 disc cases as well with no success.

The Hollywood Video in Kansas City didnt have any HD DVDs or BluRays. Kind of dissapointing. O Well. I am also looking for multi cases but for BluRay. I need a new case for a 6 disc used Prison Break season that arrived cracked and a 5 Disc Blade Runner that has strange creased plastic on the front. O well not a big deal I guess. Also need a Wii case for my Wii Sports disc. Too bad the shipping is so high on single cases.

[quote name='pd4ever']The Hollywood Video in Kansas City didnt have any HD DVDs or BluRays. Kind of dissapointing. O Well. I am also looking for multi cases but for BluRay. I need a new case for a 6 disc used Prison Break season that arrived cracked and a 5 Disc Blade Runner that has strange creased plastic on the front. O well not a big deal I guess. Also need a Wii case for my Wii Sports disc. Too bad the shipping is so high on single cases.[/quote]
Try asking Blockbuster if they have any old Wii cases they don't need. We usually have at least 1 or 2 cases lying around, although sometimes they are more generic without the Wii printed inside. But white is white. They may say no, though, as they aren't super easy to get, except when they sell/transfer a game out, and then perhaps they throw the case away.

Back OT, I went to my local HWV and they had just about everything. I finally picked up Bourne Supremacy (completing the trilogy!) and Zodiac. Am going to go try for Blade Runner and We Were Soldiers as a gift for someone, but with the case situation, not so sure on that. :p Oh and the girl at the store didn't even realize the movies came in other cases. She was confused and thought I meant the discs were smaller than DVD... I was like, "Isn't it obvious that the sleeve is much shorter than a dvd?" But then I guess if you've only seen the amaray cases that hollywood has, and not HD/BD cases, you wouldn't know. I think I'm going to ask the manager, but I'm guessing they just threw them out or something.

anyone with a hollywood video near them that can hook me up with some stuff. Would love to find Transformers, american gangster and the bourne movies

[quote name='tarouza']anyone with a hollywood video near them that can hook me up with some stuff. Would love to find Transformers, american gangster and the bourne movies[/QUOTE]

Let me know. As of last night, my HV still had Supremecy, Ultimatium, Transformers (cut sleeve). No American Gangster.

I asked the HV store staff if they can find me some HDs cases instead of the amarays ones, the staff said that's how they received 'em and they don't repackage them locally, it came from their central depot and I bet they have tons of those lying around unused or perhaps going to landfill.

This was the first time I had been in my HV for years...they were already picked clean, but did have Transformers and Shrek 3 still there (own the first, don't want the latter.) The only other movies I would have wanted were Payback and The Warriors, but didn't feel like paying $20 for scratched up movies without the case. They also had two copies of Doom HD-DVD. Haha.

Also interesting was the area saying $10 per disc, not the 2 for $20 or 14.99 listed elsewhere. The cases still had the individual $14.99 price stickers, though.

They also had Heroes - Season 1 (7-disc) but I didn't feel like arguing with them to get the price lower than $70.

I had a 50% off coupon for Prev. Viewed. So I picked up Transformers, Zodiac, Eastern Promises, V For Vendetta and Knocked up for 7.50 each... THANKS OP! They still had Bourne Ultimatum and Blades of Glory I almost picked up but my coupon was only good for 5 and couldn't bring myself to buy more. (Owosso, MI btw)

bread's done
Back