$ 14.99 or 2 for $20 hddvd @Hollywood Video

dmes65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
Hollywood Video is closing out there hd dvd's. You can get what they have left for $14.99 or 2 for $20. The original cases are not included. The clerk told me they got the memo today so this should be every hollywood video.

My store did not have those either...but they did have a nice selection of other discs....I listed them a page back (if anyone was interested in them...will pick them up for trades).

[quote name='doubledown']My store did not have those either...but they did have a nice selection of other discs....I listed them a page back (if anyone was interested in them...will pick them up for trades).[/quote]

I'm interested in MI3, Bourne Supremacy and HP:OotP if you can still find them.

[quote name='twanky']does anyone want to pick up beowulf and american gangster for me? i could paypal them. =)[/quote]

pm sent... I have both and am willing to SELL

Just picked up Beowulf. Had it in a drawer and had to put it into the computer for sale. CS again was super cool, no complaints.

Interesting....I wonder if they just haven't put out Beowulf or American Gangster out at my store....might be time to check again.

[quote name='thebob101']Just picked up Beowulf. Had it in a drawer and had to put it into the computer for sale. CS again was super cool, complaints.[/QUOTE]

Good work thebob. Which Hollywood was this?

Yes. Same joke, different forums. I perform my routine at both forums, you can catch me M-F, also be sure to tune in to my special on HBO.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I posted this a few pages back. The Bee Movie coupon doesn't even work on movies. There is a glitch with the coupon where it is saying that there needs to be an accessory on the order. The "Why Did I Get Married" coupon still works though.[/quote]

I think this might have been fixed or its only my hv, but the coupon worked last night on 2 hd-dvds with no problems.

[quote name='lurknomore']Good work thebob. Which Hollywood was this?[/quote]

Silver Spring, MD. Hate going there because of the traffic, but figured it was worth a try. Ended up walking out with 10 HD DVDs for about $79. Checked Hyattsville, MD and they had nothing. I believe I am finished with HV, seems like there is going to be nothing around.

anyone got the following for purchase or trade?

Harry Potter 1-5
Beowulf
Transformers
Mi3

My HWV was a f'n bust. I called to ask before going there. And they had crap. Anyone have luck in the bay area?

[quote name='bzchanboy']anyone got the following for purchase or trade?

Harry Potter 1-5
Beowulf
Transformers
Mi3

My HWV was a f'n bust. I called to ask before going there. And they had crap. Anyone have luck in the bay area?[/QUOTE]

I might have said this earlier but there are lots of CAGs in the area so it's not surprising most of the HVs are wiped out. It's been almost 2 weeks since this clearance has been around. I'm constantly surprised at some poster's hauls this late in the game but I don't recall them being in our area.

yeah i guess I shouldn't expect much. I thought they would have more than their small a$$ selection. I know theres lots of small towns that probably have some, but i'm not going back to fresno to check out freaking HWV for HD-DVD's.

I'm still interested in finding some discs though. Hopefully someone might have some luck and find them.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']Wow, this actually worked! But not 100%...

The disc now can be read by the hd-dvd player but when I try and select any chapters from the main movie, PowerDVD 6.5 would just stop and default to the main player screen or give an error message and quit. The intro plays fine and the extras seem to work, but the main movie just won't play. =(

I think I'm going to bring in the disc to Best Buy and test it out any HD-DVD players they still might have on display. I'll report back later.[/quote]

Tested Bourne Ultimatum at Best Buy today on a Toshiba HD-DVD player and the disc worked fine, also tested my copy of Transformers and it also worked flawlessly. :D:bouncy:

Into the Wild will be at HV tomorrow (call your store and they can confirm it, not all stores will carry it however)! So get there early if you want to score a copy, goodluck!

[quote name='bzchanboy']anyone got the following for purchase or trade?

Harry Potter 1-5
Beowulf
Transformers
Mi3

My HWV was a f'n bust. I called to ask before going there. And they had crap. Anyone have luck in the bay area?[/QUOTE]

What do you have for trade ?

well i went to movie gallery last night with my bud (who bought the 360 drive like me) and he picked up american gangster (brand new just released) shrek 3, fast and the furious, and 2 other movies i cant recall... i was kinda pissed that he got american gangster, then the clerk walk over and says i got beowulf behind the counter if you want it and i said hellyeah...\\

so i walked out with beowulf (brand new unplayed), the mummy, the mummy returns, and the 5 disc blade runner.

best part is he charged me wrong... he rang up 3 hd dvd's.... 2 were for $20 the other was for $15... so i spent 37 something tax included and walked out with 4 hd dvd movies.... i was very pleased

*** also i got superbad (standard dvd) cause he had 5 hddvds and need something else for the 2 for 20

and also this run was for the movie gallery in morehead, ky... across from advance autoparts...

so heres all the hddvd's ive gotten between 2 mg stores:

The fast and the furious
the mummy
the mummy returns
constantine
the bourne ultimatum
transformers
Beowulf
Blade runner
mystery men

i asked the clerk if theye been selling alot of them and he said not at all... so i might stop back thru there and get all 3 mission imposibbles, the the harry potter movies i saw.

[quote name='mitchondria']
so heres all the hddvd's ive gotten between 2 mg stores:

i asked the clerk if theye been selling alot of them and he said not at all... so i might stop back thru there and get all 3 mission imposibbles, the the harry potter movies i saw.[/quote]

You lucked out big time, definitely get those HPs and MIs. :bouncy:

I'm actually looking for the 5th HP and MI:3, if you see extra copies, hook me up! :cool:

Went back today and picked up

No Reservations
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
Bruce Almighty

Bee Movie coupon still did not work. Third store attempted with the coupon and no dice. Well going back next week at an attempt at Michael Clayton and Into the Wild (as my store is expecting it but didn't get it)

Is there a trading thread for thease HD-dvds ?

I have

American Gangster
Stardust
Zodiac (2 disc)
The invasion

(they are in the holywood video dvd cases)

I really would like to trade for sci-fi or other action hd-dvds

Most wanted are

The Chronicles of Riddick

Superman (old one)

Twister

Waterworld

let me know what you have

finally got American Gangster. customer had it for like a extra week. lol.
also bought 300. my store is pretty clean w/ HD DVDs. as i recall i think we only have left...

Hot Rod
Tomb Raider
Channels
World Trade Center
Meet the Parents or Fockers. i cant recall.
We Are Marshall.

thats all i can remember now.
we had got "Into the Wild". but we sold it today also.

So, I went in my HV that I already took most of. And went to get the rest. There was a different chick there. And she told me about how they aren't allowed to do the 'separate transactions', and I was taking back Smokin' Aces and refunding it for another HD-DVD. And had it shown, that I got the deal. She then told me, why do I want to have a B1G1 with a 14.99 dvd with 2 for 20 is a much better deal. I asked her whats 2 divided by 15 and she then realized the mistake. Needless to say, I think I got somebody fired, who let me do this the previous time and was the last time I was able to do this. Here's what I got.

The 40 year old virgin
Black Snake Moan
Blades of Glory
The Invasion
Superman Returns
The Good Sheppard
Bruce Almighty

I have Bourne Ultimatum (Combo) HD and would like to trade for Shaun of the Dead HD. Please PM me.

Thanks!

My local Gamestop has had a copy of Bourne Ultimatum on HD DVD for a while. I can snag it if anyone wants it. It'll be $16.19 with my Edge card discount plus tax and whatnot though. :/ PM if interested.

[quote name='Wazzup36']Used the BOGO coupon and picked up the Departed and 300 for 15. Thanks![/quote]

Is there a link to said coupon?

[quote name='TexadDVDer']Is the Bee Movie flyer coupon now working for BOGO on HD-DVDs?[/quote]

I got my coupon out of the bee movie booklet.

My local Hollywood Video (which is not closing as it has a Game Crazy attached to it and is not on the list) says the sale is only for stores that are closing and they won't sell any of their HD-DVD's at my location for awhile. Is this accurate?

[quote name='TexadDVDer']Is the Bee Movie flyer coupon now working for BOGO on HD-DVDs?[/QUOTE]

Not in my area. The cashier had to talk with the manager on the phone to manually override it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']My local Hollywood Video (which is not closing as it has a Game Crazy attached to it and is not on the list) says the sale is only for stores that are closing and they won't sell any of their HD-DVD's at my location for awhile. Is this accurate?[/quote]
my store also has a game crazy in it and isnt closing and i got the 2 for 20 deal on the hd dvds. they either just dont have the autorization from their higher ups or they are telling people that so the employees can buy them all up

I went to a HV today that has a Game Crazy attached and they were going out of business =(

I did buy some stuff at 60% off from Game Crazy though :)

Going back next week to help clean up Game Crazy and to buy obscure DVDs for $2 or less.

The HV here in Lancaster, PA on the Fruitville Pike isn't closing...or at least they don't seem to be. Not an HD-DVD or BluRay in sight.

Oh, and they had a "NOW HIRING" sign in the window.

Oh well...such as life.

[quote name='Domino427']The HV here in Lancaster, PA on the Fruitville Pike isn't closing...or at least they don't seem to be. Not an HD-DVD or BluRay in sight.

Oh, and they had a "NOW HIRING" sign in the window.

Oh well...such as life.[/quote]
i was at that one 2 weeks ago and they said they never had any HDDVD's or BD's in stock at all... i was able to get some decent hd-dvds at the ones in Reading(5th street hwy) and in Shillington (Kenhorst Plaza)

I have into the wild (hollywood) and was wondering if anyone is interested in a trade. Interested in a two for one my into the wild for any of these two listed below.

Forbidden Planet
streets of fire
Doom
American werewolf in London
Land of the dead
Mallrats
Clerks 2
Blue planet
Tomb raider
Face/Off
T3
casa blanca
Top gun
What dreams may come
tmnt

updated: Traded.

FYI - Some HVs are gettin BEE MOVIE in for tomorrow. This is supposed to be canceled and a lot of retailers have pulled the listing from their website including Amazon. I have already reserved me a copy at my local HV and hope that some of you do as well because this could end up being just like the Blades of Glory Blu-Ray eBay flip.

[quote name='ryosnk']I have into the wild (hollywood) and was wondering if anyone is interested in a trade. Interested in a two for one my into the wild for any of these two listed below.

Forbidden Planet
streets of fire
Doom
American werewolf in London
Land of the dead
Mallrats
Clerks 2
Blue planet
Tomb raider
Face/Off
T3
casa blanca
Top gun
What dreams may come
tmnt[/quote]
Let me get this straight... your wanting 2 for 1?

Wouldn't let me use the BOGO coupon again, dude said he heard from corporate that it couldn't be used with HD's. :bomb: But did get to use the 2 for 20. Picked up Blood Diamond and Into the Wild.

[quote name='Wazzup36']Wouldn't let me use the BOGO coupon again, dude said he heard from corporate that it couldn't be used with HD's. :bomb: But did get to use the 2 for 20. Picked up Blood Diamond and Into the Wild.[/QUOTE]

I went across town to pick up a few that were left and was told the coupon wouldn't scan and could not be used.
I called Hollywood at 877-325-8687 and was told they should be able to override and accept. They spoke with the manager on the phone and I walked out with my HD-DVDs.
Bottom line....write down the number and call on your cell if you get push back.

bread's done
Back