$16.96 games at CC - 360 (VT3, DDRU, DOAX2), Wii (Avatar), DS (Chocobo Tales) + more!

maccabee72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
263 (100%)
Here is the Link to the complete list of July Clearance games:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

Thanks, as always, to Neocisco!

As found (in most cases oos) on CC.com and confirmed by a number of CAGs in-store, these price drops can be found at Circuit City as of today:

360 - $16.96

Virtua Tennis 3
DOAX2
DDRU (Game Only)
Eragon
Bionicle Heroes

Wii - $16.96

Happy Feet
Meet the Robinsons
Ice Age 2

DS - $16.96

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
FFF: Chocobo Tales
Magical Star Sign
Contact

PS2 - $16.96

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Thanks to the OP and CAG community, I was able to pick up Virtua Tennis, Bionicle Heroes, DDRU, and Chocobo Tales. Thanks CAGs :applause:

Picked up Avatar for the Wii, Chocobo Tales for the DS, and searching through a bin I happened to find a Fable Lost chapters for $9.99. Hell yeah.

I couldn't find a single copy of any of these at my CC. I checked the racks, bins, everything.

My CC sucks...last 4th of July sale they had almost nothing, I'm not expecting much this year...

Thanks OP, I was able to take back the Chocobo Tales I got at TRU and pick it up at CC. Saved my TRU freebie on the B2G1F Mario Hoops.

Got off work around noon and was able to still get me a Chocobo tales (they still had 3 copies left), but no 360 games at all.:cry:

I don't understand why VT3 dropped so fast. I got it at Frys for $38 (which I do not regret) and what little I have played so far was really good. VT on DC was one of the best games ever, hope all my fellow CAGs are getting in on this one!

[quote name='porieux']I don't understand why VT3 dropped so fast. I got it at Frys for $38 (which I do not regret) and what little I have played so far was really good. VT on DC was one of the best games ever, hope all my fellow CAGs are getting in on this one![/quote]

I know, VT is only like two months old.

$17 is an incredile deal.

Yeah I mean you think they would at least advertise a deal like that. How do they benefit? Makes me wonder if it is a price error in their system...

Was able to pick up DOAX2 and VT3 at another CC that I thought didn't exist. I'm happy...hooray, lol.

If anyone needs FF chocobo tales, pm me. My CC has a lot of them

[quote name='porieux']I don't understand why VT3 dropped so fast. I got it at Frys for $38 (which I do not regret) and what little I have played so far was really good. VT on DC was one of the best games ever, hope all my fellow CAGs are getting in on this one![/QUOTE]

Considering how fast Virtua Tennis dropped to a MSRP of $19.99 on the PSP, you could see the writing on the wall for VT3.

[quote name='porieux']Yeah I mean you think they would at least advertise a deal like that. How do they benefit? Makes me wonder if it is a price error in their system...[/QUOTE]
I assume it's a clearance price, which they don't advertise, since they won't be carrying the game anymore and have limited stock.

Jeez, still trying to get a copy of VT3. Thanks to the CAGs who have tried to find one for me! I have a copy of DDRU or Just Cause or I can do PayPal for anyone that can help me out. Thanks and congrats to those that got in on this deal.....

Managed to get Bionicle, DOAX2 and DDRU from CC... no Virtua Tennis. I was waiting around to find someone to ask about VT3 or DOAX2 (it wasn't out) and of course I got approached by a fairly cute girl asking if I needed help. I felt like such a perv asking about DOAX2... they had 4 in the back, but nothing on VT3 (she said she knew they had had it recently, so maybe I just got beat). Thankfully she didn't seem to know anything the game... probably thought it was a jet ski sim from the cover.

Pricegrabber rebates on all of the ones I got right now, though, which makes for an awesome deal. :) I am tempted to try some more less-than-local CCs but am not too convinced there's any stock of VT3 left in LA by now...

[quote name='Justin42']

Pricegrabber rebates on all of the ones I got right now, though, which makes for an awesome deal. :) I am tempted to try some more less-than-local CCs but am not too convinced there's any stock of VT3 left in LA by now...[/quote]

Rebates? What rebates are you talking about?

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'll be there tomorrow Maccabee. I dont want the game but i'll buy one for you if you want.[/quote]

Yeah, if you can find one Pimp it would be greatly appreciated!

[quote name='io']Is anybody actually finding ANY of these games correctly marked? All of the new clearance games I found yesterday were still marked at original prices. The only one marked $16.96 was Just Cause but that dropped last week or even earlier.

I wonder how long those Wii games will last once they get marked properly? They are all pretty crappy (except Ice Age 2 perhaps) but there's so many Wii owners out there with kids that will probably snap them up not knowing any better ;).[/quote]

It only took my CC about 4 months (after I pointed out the prices to the woman working in video games) to mark down King Kong and Rumble Roses.

[quote name='maccabee72']Yeah, if you can find one Pimp it would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

Nevermind, but thanks for looking out.......CAG Sleepybum is hooking me up!....Special thanks to Sleepybum!!!

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Rebates? What rebates are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Pricegrabber.com offers $5 rebates on a lot of stuff if you write a review. It's not too much work and you get a $5 check for your troubles.

[quote name='superdry']I've noticed that the CC near me never has anything good on clearance...or any of the titles I see on this forum. Then again....the games selection sucks anyways. This is the one in Union Square, NYC.

Another question...has Tales of Legendia been on clearance before? I can't recall if I saw that titles on previous CC clearance threads. The CC had like 10 copies, but marked at $49.99.[/QUOTE]

See, now, if you don't know what is on clearance then you can't say your CC never has those games. Tales of Legendia is, in fact, one of the clearance games ($16.96) from these very forums (from 2 or 3 months ago). And I've never seen that many of them anywhere - so your CC DOES have clearance games ;).

Hopefully I can still find a copy of DOAX2 and VT3 (Maybe DDRU but that'll cost me even more just to buy a pad). The thing is, I know that my local CC just has a bad stock of 360 games, they have only one wall and last time I checked, there were maybe only 10 titles :(

Thanks OP. They had one copy of Chocobo Tales at a local CC here. They still had it marked regualr price, so I had them price scan it to make sure. Couldnt find a DOAX2 though...

Earlier today (or shall I say yesterday) I visited the CC in Fresno CA & was very lucky to grab the last copies of Virtua Tennis 3 & Just Cause.

I also picked up a Bust A Move Deluxe so that I can trade at GC & also did a price check on some game called Final Fantasy XI for the PS2 with the HD included. I picked this up from the same CC about a year & a half ago for $36, so needless to say, I was surprised to see this on the store floor. Price check came back at $16.96..... Sold!

Chocobo tales for the DS is now available for sale at circuitcity.com together with Dance Dance Revolution for xbox 360.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']time to get contact or virtua tennis 3[/quote]

find me a copy of VT3 as well.

couldn't find a copy at Dadeland CC.

[quote name='Justin42']Pricegrabber.com offers $5 rebates on a lot of stuff if you write a review. It's not too much work and you get a $5 check for your troubles.[/quote]

That's pretty sweet. Do they send you a check?

Picked up DOAX2 and DDRU. Now I just have to pick up a dance pad and I'm good to go. My CC didn't even change the stickers, they still said $49.99 and $59.99. the clerk was surprised to see them at such a low price.

[quote name='io']See, now, if you don't know what is on clearance then you can't say your CC never has those games. Tales of Legendia is, in fact, one of the clearance games ($16.96) from these very forums (from 2 or 3 months ago). And I've never seen that many of them anywhere - so your CC DOES have clearance games ;).[/quote]

Ah...I figured as much. I thought I was going crazy wondering if Tales of Legendia was still on clearance or not. I'll check it out today...bring it to the regsiter and see how much it actually rings up for.

But, generally, the CC I go to rarely, if ever, has the games listed on these forum on clearance. And, this clearance round I coundn't find anything. Maybe I'll take another look, and hopefully find a copy of VT3.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got myself a Virtua Tennis. Was hoping for a DOAX2 or even Just Cause - but no dice[/quote]

Lucky! I headed to CC only for VT3 but settled with DOAX2 and Just Cause...

Had to leave with something from this clearance

Picked up Virtua Tennis 3 for the 360 at the East Madison, WI CC.

There was 1 left when I was done. As well as a few copies of Meet the Robinsons for the Wii.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hope Giant Clearance games coming up next week b4 july 4.[/quote]

^^ I second that.

Manage to get Chocobo + PM to TRU's deal going on. thanks OP.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hope Giant Clearance games coming up next week b4 july 4.[/QUOTE]

worker said their might be something ONLINE but nothing is planned for instore.

Then again they might said that so people dont prebuy

Then again if something was planned the list would of been leaked by now

I stopped by the union square NYC CC on my way home from work - they had 4 or so copies of DDR Universe but I didn't see the other 360 games.

[quote name='espionage']I stopped by the union square NYC CC on my way home from work - they had 4 or so copies of DDR Universe but I didn't see the other 360 games.[/quote] :lol: I was at that store in the afternoon also. They had a bunch of DDR's but they no DOA or VT3. I even asked the guy working there if they had any in the back to no avail. I grabbed the last 2 copies of Avatar and a copy of Meet The Robinsons on the Wii. The woman at the cash register thought I did something to the games or something to make it cheaper. Good times...:):booty:

Checked another CC for VT3 and figured I had a sign-- the 360 kiosk had VT3 up.

But no, it was just the Deal Gods taunting me. Finally found a salesperson who had never heard of the game before, had to dig through a list, and they didn't have any.

Ah well, it was worth a shot.

bread's done
Back