$16.96 games at CC - 360 (VT3, DDRU, DOAX2), Wii (Avatar), DS (Chocobo Tales) + more!

maccabee72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
263 (100%)
Here is the Link to the complete list of July Clearance games:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

Thanks, as always, to Neocisco!

As found (in most cases oos) on CC.com and confirmed by a number of CAGs in-store, these price drops can be found at Circuit City as of today:

360 - $16.96

Virtua Tennis 3
DOAX2
DDRU (Game Only)
Eragon
Bionicle Heroes

Wii - $16.96

Happy Feet
Meet the Robinsons
Ice Age 2

DS - $16.96

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
FFF: Chocobo Tales
Magical Star Sign
Contact

PS2 - $16.96

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Anybody know if the past clearance prices are still in effect? I saw Grandia III at CC today but it was marked $39.99. But I know it was part of the $16.98 clearance a few months ago.

Nothing, nothing at all :whistle2:( I dont know why I thought I could find any games. All the other systems get the multiple display shelfs full of games, yet the 360 has the wall in the back with about 4 racks nailed to it, only half full. I asked an employee if they had anything else, but everything that's there is on the floor. *sigh*

Someone happen to grab an extra copy of DOAX2? I think at least one person did. Willing to pay for it and obviously a little extra for ship and effort. (I could go for VT3 too, maybe even DDRU but I have to think about that pad...)

Any San Antonio CAGs looking for clearanced 360 titles would be advised to skip the Ingram and North Park stores unless you're interested in the non bundled DDR Universe or Bomberman. I was really hoping to snag Just Cause after playing the demo but I guess I'll hold out until I can snag it cheap at EB.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I'm probably just going to do a price match tomorrow at Best Buy for VT3 and maybe DDRU.[/quote]

What do you need to do to get BB to price match?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']What do you need to do to get BB to price match?[/QUOTE]

I assume you just print out the webpage, but dont they check if its in stock?

The Gamestop in the Spotsylvania Mall (Fredericksburg, VA) has the $100 Madcatz dance pad brand new for half off making it $50, and Circuit City across the street has about 4 copies of the DDR game in stock. My wife was with me shaking her head "NO" since I had already spent aver $100 on the other games (Avatar, VT3, and PS3 remote [$19.99 this week] at CC...Ice Age, Madden, Call of Duty 3 all $14.99 brand new for he Wii at GS).

[quote name='Link927']I assume you just print out the webpage, but dont they check if its in stock?[/quote]

That and these are clearance prices, which alot of places won't price match.

[quote name='EXStrike']All clearance prices are usually in effect once they drop. Don't always trust marked prices. Check them. :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly, because the average customer will go by the stickered prices and not buy the game... that is what is so good about CC clearances... I dont know how many 2 dollar games I bought years ago there were still marked 49.99

Went to a CC connected to a mall.

Picked up Chocobo Tales, Avatar, and Meet the Robinsons.

Immediately went into the mall and traded the Wii games for Super Paper Mario.

You'd get maybe 8 bucks profit on ebay. Not worth the trouble.

However the Lumines game I found for 12.99.
I gotta flip that.

[quote name='Number83']Was able to get DOAX2 and Eragon. I'm happy.[/QUOTE]
you'll be happier of you DONT play Eragon, return it... immediately

[quote name='zman73']you'll be happier of you DONT play Eragon, return it... immediately[/quote]

If the demo was any indication, gameplay was on par with a PSP game. Absolutely horrid for "next-gen"

Got the 2nd to last copy of DOAX2 and I also got the last Lumines (GH version). I completely forgot about VT3 being on clearance but now I'm too lazy to go back. :bomb:

I live about 45 minutes away from the closest CC. I would like to pick up VT3... should I call to see if they have a copy before I make the long trip? Or do I just suck it up and try my luck?

[quote name='gamcreator']I live about 45 minutes away from the closest CC. I would like to pick up VT3... should I call to see if they have a copy before I make the long trip? Or do I just suck it up and try my luck?[/quote]

That's $6 worth of gas round trip not to mention 1 and a half hours of your life. I wouldn't go even if they had 10 copies in stock.

[quote name='Kendro']That's $6 worth of gas round trip not to mention 1 and a half hours of your life. I wouldn't go even if they had 10 copies in stock.[/quote]All the more reason why I've been sticking to the stores along my work commute. More than a few miles E/W of the highway I drive, it's not worth it.

Gas is just too damn expensive to go scouting around anymore.

has anybody been to the one in West Nyack,ny ...just wondering if they had anything worthwhile

still looking for ice age 2, Virtua Tennis 3, and DOAX

It's like a storm hit my CC, all the games are gone except the wii titles, but I did manage to pick up Wade Hixton. MULLET POWER!!! Now if I could only find a copy of Chocobo Tales, time to hit another CC.

Ok, Stupid question? Was Portrait of Ruin ever 16.96 at CC? I remeber it being on clearance somewhere. I'm starting to think we need a stickied CC Clearence thread.

Got 2x MtR & Avatar, put them with Red Steel & traded them to GS for Mario & Sonic Olympics & NiGHTS (preorders).

While I was there, I also got the following penny guides:

Mario Adv. 3
Mario Adv. 4
DK Country GBA

White Marsh MD CC has one VT, one FFF Cho., one DOAX, four Eragon's, and three DDRU's left. They also have all of the Wii titles.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Didn't find jack at my local CC. Cleaned out. :cry:[/quote]There were only 3 DOAX2 and 3 Virtua Tennis 3 at the Stop 11 Circuit City when I went on Sunday. Picked up one copy of each. Checked the Castleton store for the same two games out of curiousity on Tuesday and neither were to be found as well.

I managed to find VT3 and DDRU for the 360. But, I'm not too thrilled at the idea of spending another $40 on a dance pad when my original xbox one works just fine.

Anyone know of an adapter of some kind that would allow me to connect my original dance pad to the 360? If there is no such animal, I don't think I'll be keeping the game.

Found seemingly the last copy of VT3 at the Concord Pike, DE CC tonight when picking up The Darkness. VT3 was in the Top Spin 2 slot, still marked as 49.99, and with definitely no indication of any clearance, so I had them price check it just to make sure.

Hey thanks alot for this deal I was able to pick up two copies of Virtua tennis sold the second one to a family member and they gave me an extra $20 for finding such a great deal. Although it was really weird that none of the games were marked for clearance, that made me pass up Just Cause since I wasn't sure

Hunted VT3 down today and didn't find one... at Best Buy or Circuit City D:

CC had plenty of copies of DOAX2 and DDRU though, but I passed them up.

[quote name='LiK']got chocobo tales but i couldnt find contact, so sad :([/quote]

That happened to me also. Contact was the one I actually wanted

Had my girlfriend swing by Circuit City and she picked up VT3 for me! Marked at $49.99, but rang up at $16.96! She said there was a few more copies if anyone's interested. This is the Rosedale, MD location.

Have you guys tried asking the sales people to see if they had more in the stockroom?

I went to my CC yesterday and was looking for Bust A Move Deluxe for the PSP. Checked the PSP section and could not find it. I asked the girl at the game section if she could check their inventory to see if they had more left. She checked and said they had some more according to the computer. She came out of the stock area with 2 Bust a Move's which I purchased without hesitation.

[quote name='swy81']Have you guys tried asking the sales people to see if they had more in the stockroom?

I went to my CC yesterday and was looking for Bust A Move Deluxe for the PSP. Checked the PSP section and could not find it. I asked the girl at the game section if she could check their inventory to see if they had more left. She checked and said they had some more according to the computer. She came out of the stock area with 2 Bust a Move's which I purchased without hesitation.[/QUOTE]

I asked an employee if they happen to have any more 360 games in the back, and he replied that what they had out is what they had. Although he seemed preoccupied, I have to believe that its true because of the stock that is out. Basically, it sucks.

And either he was lying and its because the video game department is lazy and they have mountains of games in the back, or they really dont have any games, and the proof would be from the horrible stock on the shelves, if they had more, Im sure they would put more out to fill the basically empty 360 section.

bread's done
Back