1600 Microsoft Points $16.54 at Amazon (back again!) and Walmart.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
i just went there about 10 minutes ago, and did a price check, 19.99 still, i asked why their website advertised it as the sale price (16 and change) and they said my particular store prices locally, as opposed to the website, which prices nationally, or some bullcrap like that.

so, i wonder why i cant get a points card for the sale price....

[quote name='Disp0sable13']i just went there about 10 minutes ago, and did a price check, 19.99 still, i asked why their website advertised it as the sale price (16 and change) and they said my particular store prices locally, as opposed to the website, which prices nationally, or some bullcrap like that.

so, i wonder why i cant get a points card for the sale price....[/QUOTE]
In store and online sales rarely correlate with each other.

[quote name='Disp0sable13']i just went there about 10 minutes ago, and did a price check, 19.99 still, i asked why their website advertised it as the sale price (16 and change) and they said my particular store prices locally, as opposed to the website, which prices nationally, or some bullcrap like that.

so, i wonder why i cant get a points card for the sale price....[/QUOTE]

You can get the sale price....on the website. Many stores run sales on their website but not in their stores.

well, if i did that, it probably wouldnt get here in time for me to redeem it, and get some of the deals for the blowout sale that i wanted this week.

guess ill have to bite the bullet or whatever and get it for 20. ugh.

[quote name='thegreek']why can’t i buy more then one on amazon?[/QUOTE]
Ask Amazon. It kind of pisses me off too.

[quote name='thegreek']why can’t i buy more then one on amazon?[/QUOTE]

I didn't go so far as to place an order (because I don't want any points right now) but I went to check it out and I was able to increase the number of cards in my cart. Did you try that?

[quote name='The End']I didn't go so far as to place an order (because I don't want any points right now) but I went to check it out and I was able to increase the number of cards in my cart. Did you try that?[/QUOTE]
They impose the limit when you check out.

I wish they would apply the same price to the online codes on Amazon...as it is not only will shipping jack the price up I'm sure, but it won't be here in time to use on the blowout sale.

Frowny-face.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I wish they would apply the same price to the online codes on Amazon...as it is not only will shipping jack the price up I'm sure, but it won't be here in time to use on the blowout sale.

Frowny-face.[/QUOTE]

+1. I'd be on it in mere seconds if the code was also this price :[

I ordered a card earlier in the week at a slightly higher price and apparently that is preventing me from placing another order for a card with this lower price. Talk about draconian. What's amusing is that it's probably not stopping the resellers who want to cash in regardless. Just frustrating regular customers...

EDIT:

Amazon responds with alacrity:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused when placing your order. We want as many customers as possible to be able to enjoy the items we sell, and so for some popular items we've limited the quantity that may be purchased from our store.

As you may know, the Xbox 360 Live Points Card is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a Xbox 360 Live Points Card, we are limiting the total number of Xbox 360 Live Points Cards that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase up to 1 Xbox 360 Live Points Card units per calendar month.

As you have already purchased 1 unit this month, we are unable to accept any additional orders for the Xbox 360 Live Points Card for your household.

We understand your frustration regarding this change in our policy. This change was implemented so that we may provide the fairest possible experience for all of our customers.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters.

We've appreciated your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I ordered a card earlier in the week at a slightly higher price and apparently that is preventing me from placing another order for a card with this lower price. Talk about draconian. What's amusing is that it's probably not stopping the resellers who want to cash in regardless. Just frustrating regular customers...

EDIT:

Amazon responds with alacrity:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused when placing your order. We want as many customers as possible to be able to enjoy the items we sell, and so for some popular items we've limited the quantity that may be purchased from our store.

As you may know, the Xbox 360 Live Points Card is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a Xbox 360 Live Points Card, we are limiting the total number of Xbox 360 Live Points Cards that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase up to 1 Xbox 360 Live Points Card units per calendar month.

As you have already purchased 1 unit this month, we are unable to accept any additional orders for the Xbox 360 Live Points Card for your household.

We understand your frustration regarding this change in our policy. This change was implemented so that we may provide the fairest possible experience for all of our customers.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters.

We've appreciated your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.[/QUOTE]

Shortages across the US? That's seriously hilarious.

[quote name='Bervda']Shortages across the US? That's seriously hilarious.[/QUOTE]
Suddenly, no one can order points via Xbox Live.

I don't think there's tax on these even in retail stores. I know the Xbox Gold sub 12 month sub cards aren't taxed, even at B&M stores.

I'd be in on this deal but Amazon's limit is making me pass. I really don't feel like adding a filler just to get free shipping. They had the same limit the last time they had a sale on 1600 points card but atleast then I had a need for a $10 PSN card.

I ordered one on the 12th for $18.50 and just placed another order now for a $16.50 one. It did have the limit of one tonight, but it didn't ban me from ordering at all.

This thread is full of bonus win with very high-point-value words like draconian and alacrity (I actually had to look that one up to find out how Amazon responded to the E-mail).

I guess theres shortages because of the oil spill in the gulf.. Obama did say he was gonna use every available resource to get this fixed and cleaned up. I see no company better then microsoft to figure out how to stop that leak. Look at the 360's original design Microsoft must have the brightest engineers on the planet!!

The shipping on the Walmart deal kills it. Every single other option they have allows for Site-to-Store Shipping but this. Much better to go with Amazon using FSSS or Amazon Prime. The best deal I've seen on Microsoft Points recently is Dell, but their prices have gone up and being taxed on Microsoft Points feels icky. This is probably the next best thing until Target has another sale on digital currencies (the last sale surprised me by including PSN Money - I NEVER see that on sale).

[quote name='fei33']The shipping on the Walmart deal kills it. Every single other option they have allows for Site-to-Store Shipping but this. Much better to go with Amazon using FSSS or Amazon Prime. The best deal I've seen on Microsoft Points recently is Dell, but their prices have gone up and being taxed on Microsoft Points feels icky. This is probably the next best thing until Target has another sale on digital currencies (the last sale surprised me by including PSN Money - I NEVER see that on sale).[/QUOTE]
I totally found that bogus as well. Increasing the quantity just makes the shipping all the more ridiculous. Five dollars for two prepaid cards? Are they nucking futs!?

[quote name='sadboy']I totally found that bogus as well. Increasing the quantity just makes the shipping all the more ridiculous. Five dollars for two prepaid cards? Are they nucking futs!?[/QUOTE]

What makes it hilarious is that if they offered redeemable codes delivered via e-mail, they could still charge the same amount, but only have to deal with the costs of digital distribution versus shipping and handling. :roll: Most of us would be happy to get the points sooner (so we can purchase content from the XBOX Live Arcade sales which are time sensitive) and they could use package handlers for things like book shelves or sofas.

[quote name='saqqy']I don't think there's tax on these even in retail stores. I know the Xbox Gold sub 12 month sub cards aren't taxed, even at B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

It's weird that they don't charge tax for these as Microsoft charges sales tax when buying them on XBL. At least they do if you're living in Washington, don't know about anywhere else.

[quote name='fei33']What makes it hilarious is that if they offered redeemable codes delivered via e-mail, they could still charge the same amount, but only have to deal with the costs of digital distribution versus shipping and handling. :roll: Most of us would be happy to get the points sooner (so we can purchase content from the XBOX Live Arcade sales which are time sensitive) and they could use package handlers for things like book shelves or sofas.[/QUOTE]
That would be cool. Though, I'm curious if retailers would even sell codes digitally at a discount.

[quote name='sadboy']That would be cool. Though, I'm curious if retailers would even sell codes digitally at a discount.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
I dont think they would sell at a discount, but id much prefer recieving the code instantly in my email alright.

[quote name='kirby145']This is a good deal for a 1600 points card but you can still get points cheaper with a 4000 points card.[/QUOTE]

Care to enlighten us? *smiles* I totally believe you as I've found cheap 4000 point cards in the past. Do you have a suggestion of where to find one?

[quote name='saqqy']I don't think there's tax on these even in retail stores. I know the Xbox Gold sub 12 month sub cards aren't taxed, even at B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the store and really makes no sense. I got charged tax at Fred Meyer, but not Target or Best Buy.

[quote name='Gourd']Care to enlighten us? *smiles* I totally believe you as I've found cheap 4000 point cards in the past. Do you have a suggestion of where to find one?[/QUOTE]

It was ranging back and fourth from $34.99 to $39.99 and in between last week on Dell for 4000 pt cards. Doesn't help you now, but I stocked up. Be patient and check back there as well as Newegg, they often have the big cards on sale.

[quote name='mrosnwo']It was ranging back and fourth from $34.99 to $39.99 and in between last week on Dell for 4000 pt cards. Doesn't help you now, but I stocked up. Be patient and check back there as well as Newegg, they often have the big cards on sale.[/QUOTE]
I use http://camelcamelcamel.com/ to monitor the price of things I want on Amazon. Beats the hell out of bookmarking and wish listing.

Waiting for them to hit $15.99, if they ever do.

[quote name='shady520']just buy both, and when you get the one you ordered online return it with the store receipt to the store.[/QUOTE]

Points cards are non-refundable.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']If only NY state tax was not charged...[/QUOTE]

I've order this on Amazon and shipped to my address in NY and was not charged tax. I also bought these at a B&M Best Buy and had no tax charged for Microsoft points.

[quote name='rayne117']I use http://camelcamelcamel.com/ to monitor the price of things I want on Amazon. Beats the hell out of bookmarking and wish listing.

Waiting for them to hit $15.99, if they ever do.[/QUOTE]

Isn't holding out for the price to drop an additional 55 cents kind of TOO cheap ass?

[quote name='Cephiros']I've order this on Amazon and shipped to my address in NY and was not charged tax. I also bought these at a B&M Best Buy and had no tax charged for Microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

One odd thing I just experienced @ Amazon- ordered two cards, but it errored on my order and would only let me order one.

Guess I'll have to make two separate orders now, oh well.

[quote name='tony72']One odd thing I just experienced @ Amazon- ordered two cards, but it errored on my order and would only let me order one.

Guess I'll have to make two separate orders now, oh well.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me, and I've since ordered 4 different cards among 4 different orders. However, when I initially attempted to order the 4th card (on the 4th order), I received a message stating that I had already exceeded the total amount of cards I could order! As a result, I waited until the next day, tried again, and it worked! :roll:

About to order my 5th! ;)

bread's done
Back