1600 Microsoft Points $16.54 at Amazon (back again!) and Walmart.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, I've got some Amazon credit now and I'd love to get a few of these :\ Though, they do have a good deal on a book being released next week I really want so that would get me over the free shipping mark.

Edit - I got one card with The Guild S1&2 on DVD for just over $25. I can live with that. Too bad I can't make a separate order for another card with S3 :[

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't find any filler items or don't want to pay for shipping, you can start a free month trial of Amazon Prime. I used a trial about 2 years ago but it let me do another one. You just have to go through checkout like normal, but when you get to the shipping options there might be an option for super saver shipping if you activate amazon prime. Might not work for everyone but this may help a few. Make sure you turn off the auto-upgrade from your account settings unless you want to pay $80 after the month is up. Hope this helps some fellow CAGs.

Uh did I get really lucky or something?

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Method: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Two-Day Shipping
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]I want my items faster. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Subtotal of Items: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] $16.54 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Shipping & Handling: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] $0.00
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Promotion Applied: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] -$10.00
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total for this Order: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] $6.54 [/SIZE][/FONT]

I signed up for the trail of Amazon Prime last week if that did it..

[quote name='CyReN']Uh did I get really lucky or something?

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Method: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Two-Day Shipping
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]I want my items faster. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Subtotal of Items: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] $16.54 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Shipping & Handling: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] $0.00
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Promotion Applied: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] -$10.00
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total for this Order: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] $6.54 [/SIZE][/FONT]

I signed up for the trail of Amazon Prime last week if that did it..[/QUOTE]
You just used one of your promotional credits.

[quote name='CyReN']I'm trying to think what I got recently.

edit: durr I got harry potter, either way I'm happy:)[/QUOTE]
Don't worry. I used mine for the same thing. ;)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']

As you may know, the Xbox 360 Live Points Card is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a Xbox 360 Live Points Card, we are limiting the total number of Xbox 360 Live Points Cards that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase up to 1 Xbox 360 Live Points Card units per calendar month.[/QUOTE]

YAH they are about to run out! i mean wtf, they can print up more whenever they run low.

but seriously, i ordered one. i couldnt bring myself to pay full price for these things so i can get one now. oh and i picked up some cheapass wifebeater undershirts to get the price over 25 bucks, which i need anyway and were sitting in my cart from the last time i checked amazon

[quote name='dracula']YAH they are about to run out! i mean wtf, they can print up more whenever they run low.

but seriously, i ordered one. i couldnt bring myself to pay full price for these things so i can get one now. oh and i picked up some cheapass wifebeater undershirts to get the price over 25 bucks, which i need anyway and were sitting in my cart from the last time i checked amazon[/QUOTE]

If this is true, how did I order 4 of them? :lol:

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']

Amazon responds with alacrity:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused when placing your order. We want as many customers as possible to be able to enjoy the items we sell, and so for some popular items we've limited the quantity that may be purchased from our store.

As you may know, the Xbox 360 Live Points Card is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a Xbox 360 Live Points Card, we are limiting the total number of Xbox 360 Live Points Cards that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase up to 1 Xbox 360 Live Points Card units per calendar month.

As you have already purchased 1 unit this month, we are unable to accept any additional orders for the Xbox 360 Live Points Card for your household.

We understand your frustration regarding this change in our policy. This change was implemented so that we may provide the fairest possible experience for all of our customers.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters.

We've appreciated your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.[/QUOTE]

How did I order 4 of these then? :lol:

[quote name='AMadcap']Picked up another one of these from Amazon today (last one was a bit over a month ago.) Filler I used for free shipping is Pocket Ref by Thomas J. Glover.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll try again myself? I ordered all of mine in the month of June; haven't tried this month to order one.

How are they in great demand? Maybe they're in demand from Amazon because they're selling for under the $20 price, but for face value you can get handfuls of them anywhere.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']How are they in great demand? Maybe they're in demand from Amazon because they're selling for under the $20 price, but for face value you can get handfuls of them anywhere.[/QUOTE]

exactly just some b.s from them

I think they changed this cause the first time they made this price drop. Many were buying of alot so I guess they wanted to limit for each customer.

I'm usually of the opinion that more packaging is better, but clamshell packaging for a points card makes me sad.

[quote name='11440']I'm saddened more by the waste of plastic than the hassle of opening the package, actually. If the purpose is to prevent shrinkage, then a package that's still small enough to stuff under one's shirt seems pointless.[/QUOTE]
Ideally there is also an EAS/anti-shoplifting tag on the inside of the clamshell, so anyone smuggling the whole package would set off the alarm at the door. The best thing they've done with prepaid cards to prevent theft is make them activate after payment at the register, making them virtually worthless if stolen.

[quote name='AMadcap']Ideally there is also an EAS/anti-shoplifting tag on the inside of the clamshell, so anyone smuggling the whole package would set off the alarm at the door. The best thing they've done with prepaid cards to prevent theft is make them activate after payment at the register, making them virtually worthless if stolen.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're right. There is a tag. I stand corrected, then. A small clamshell containing one of these tags isn't pointless.

I'm probaly a dick but I need some points for the upcoming xbla summer realeases. I made another account and it seemed to work so far:)

I finally was going to bite now that I found some comics to fill in to get the free shipping, and the price is back to $19.99 on Amazon.

: ((

[quote name='BrolyB593']I finally was going to bite now that I found some comics to fill in to get the free shipping, and the price is back to $19.99 on Amazon.

: (([/QUOTE]
What comics?

Thank god I made the order earlier. Got a 1600 point card and Usagi Yojimbo book 2 for 28.07$

Im curious to as to what comics he wanted. I could decide on a comic so I went with Usagi even though Ive read the past the second book it would be nice to have in the collection.

[quote name='BrolyB593']For that specific order (MS points) I was going to throw Superman: Red Son on to reach the $25 level.

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Red-Elseworlds-Mark-Millar/dp/1401201911/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

And then searching for that I was looking at older DC ones I have missed such as Infinite Crisis (Have book not comics) and the new Green Lanterns.[/QUOTE]
I like Geoff John's work. I was a fan of his Green Lantern books, but after reading too many of his books in one setting or waiting so long for new books like Blackest Night to release, the appeal sort of lost its luster. I'm not sure if I'd get Infinite Crisis, though. It's one of those titles you should try getting on clearance. Err--just kidding.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I finally was going to bite now that I found some comics to fill in to get the free shipping, and the price is back to $19.99 on Amazon.

: (([/QUOTE]
Motherfudger. They're still $16.54 at Wal-mart - what the hell, Amazon?

[quote name='Armor42']Thanks for the heads up! Time to take advantage of that free year of prime!

EDIT: Nevermind I guess... " We are sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. Because you have purchased the maximum allowable quantity in the past you cannot buy any more units of this item. "

[/QUOTE]
Yeah it gave me that same message. I reposted for those who may have missed out on it already.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I just finally bought a card at Amazon for $19.99 because I really wanted to just get them. I had a $10 videogame credit so it brought down the price but still. I was just getting antsy and wanted my comics. I ended up getting Superman Red Son (Hardcover) as well as Rough Justice by Alex Ross.

Oh well.

I bought a card from Walmart too because I had a $10 eCard but with shipping it was still $20.xx; either way though I had my eCard so it was only $10.

[quote name='BrolyB593']ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I just finally bought a card at Amazon for $19.99 because I really wanted to just get them. I had a $10 videogame credit so it brought down the price but still. I was just getting antsy and wanted my comics. I ended up getting Superman Red Son (Hardcover) as well as Rough Justice by Alex Ross.

Oh well.

I bought a card from Walmart too because I had a $10 eCard but with shipping it was still $20.xx; either way though I had my eCard so it was only $10.[/QUOTE]
I'd be pissed. You could have gotten it for $6.54, along with another comic.

[quote name='BrolyB593']ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Oh well.

I bought a card from Walmart too because I had a $10 eCard but with shipping it was still $20.xx; either way though I had my eCard so it was only $10.[/QUOTE]

I got Usagi Yojimbo Book 2 and a point card. Kingdom Come with Ross and Waid is very nice too.

Used some vg credit to pick up a card.

Would have liked another one, but from reports in this thread it seems they're limiting this to 1 per person per month... or am I wrong?

[quote name='Nintendokid54']right when i was able to sign up for prime for being a student it goes back to full price... :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
It's still 16.54.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']indeed it is... :) The title says its back to full price... but its still 16.54[/QUOTE]
It was full price again until about 2 hours ago.

bread's done
Back