160GB PS3 for $199.99 gamestop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Dude! That's actually a hell of a deal! $50 savings equates to roughly the cost of 3 games around here brand new at times. Don't be timid man...great post!

BTW...to my knowledge, I too haven't seen a PS3 160GB for $199.99 posted here yet either. Could be the new MSRP just before E3?

The closest deal to this I experienced was the Best Buy PS3 160GB Bundle w/ LBP2 and R&C: All For One for $199.99. I jumped on that during holiday 2011 due to my BB GC's.

But after that...as far as I've known...this deal is new.

And sorry for being too descriptive...I'm drinking beers and playing Fable: TLC on Steam for the first time ever...and I'm in a retro-excited state at the moment.

EDIT: OK...as some stated...this deal has already been mentioned. But I applaud TC still as I didn't notice the previous post. In any case...it's served its purpose at spreading the word. Especially to one of my friends who's been timid about buying a PS3 all these years. :D

Guys, E3, price drops are coming to PS3 and or 360, almost have too. The industry has slowed down quite a bit, and this is likely the last E3 these systems will take center stage.

[quote name='jooanyenna'] but $50 is $50 IMO.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is maths opinion ;)

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Guys, E3, price drops are coming to PS3 and or 360, almost have too. The industry has slowed down quite a bit, and this is likely the last E3 these systems will take center stage.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...good to know I'm not the only one thinking this. Which makes obvious sense. Considering Wii U's release and the need for competitive pricing for other numerous reasons.

I'm not exactly in the market now, but my Ps3 is hitting 3 years old and I play it a %@$ ton. It might be time to upgrade if the exchange can be done without much loss.

I kind of hope they make a(nother) completely revised model that uses much less heat and is smaller/slimmer than even the slim. Cutting down the form factor could generate substantial cost savings in manufacturing, packaging, and shipping - but there is obviously a substantial investment for re-engineering, so who knows what route they go.

I'm thinking this is probably a right time for a price cut, but I do hope there is something to go along with that...

My fat ps2 still works but the fan gets really loud fairly quickly. If I trade it in at GS will they hassle me about the noise or do they only care that it works? Also does gamestop care if the warranty seal is broken? Thinking now would be a good time to trade it in for a slim before it dies.

Dont forget if you buy a ps3 or 360 this week you get a free copy of mortal kombat komplete edition or batman:AC. It really adds to this deal. Im propbably gonna go get one right now.

[quote name='Mason202']Shipping + Tax = 20$ for me. I'm thinking I might wait for an Amazon price match. Ima CAG, it's too damn high[/QUOTE]

hoping for an Amazon price match as well, I have a couple of gift cards I would like to use on it

[quote name='RussellmaniaKW']My fat ps2 still works but the fan gets really loud fairly quickly. If I trade it in at GS will they hassle me about the noise or do they only care that it works? Also does gamestop care if the warranty seal is broken? Thinking now would be a good time to trade it in for a slim before it dies.[/QUOTE]

They probably won't take it with the warranty seal broken, plus it's almost worthless now as far as trade in value. I think they only sell for like $30 so they probably give you like $8 or something for it.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Exactly...good to know I'm not the only one thinking this. Which makes obvious sense. Considering Wii U's release and the need for competitive pricing for other numerous reasons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you know the PS3 won't go below $200 (after the eventual E3 price drop) and you get a free game now with it, 2 games if you get the U3 bundle. Plus they're offering a bunch of trade in deals now to help pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back